PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer First? Singleplayer is a CRUCIAL part in the R6 series!

Argonaut_Knight
09-21-2014, 08:55 AM
Dear Ubisoft Montreal team,

I hope this will be addressed to the developers, the singleplayer part of the Rainbow Six series have always had a crucial role in the franchise. In a recent article it was mentioned by Ubisoft staff that for Siege they’re putting “Multiplayer First”. I respect the fact that there are many gamers that prefer the MP over SP and that the developers are having a hard time competing against COD and BF. The community knows that the developers must innovate in these fields to stand among other triple AAA titles and to achieve enough sales.
However, I still think it is fundamentally important that you stick to the roots of the franchise and deliver a proper singleplayer experience. Ubisoft shouldn’t do the same mistake as a COD or BF where you have a 7 hour campaign that is not worth playing. The SP is important for the core R6 players and many others. The focus should be done equally (not to forget terrorist hunt). I just don’t want the SP being dealt with no efforts at all, as this is very common in the industry these days.

Thank you,
A concerned gamer!

P.s. Please comment if you disagree.

Real720
09-22-2014, 03:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiDtnePSBdU

The interview starting on 27:59 should sort of address your concerns. Basically, the idea is that they're working hard on both single player and co op modes.

itachi_101
10-27-2014, 07:52 AM
Dear Ubisoft,
Is at all possible that you are creating R6 siege or any game for that matter with offline coop or local coop game modes. The lack of offline or couch games is ridiculous, I believe I speak for most people with siblings or friends that wanna play games together don't really care about graphics "much". I just wanna be able to play a game with my brother before we both leave for the Air Force. Offline Campaign Coop would amazing to say the least, If you were to create a game with that I highly believe that you could make a big profit off that, or just do a poll to see if you should add offline coop. I believe you would be surprised to say the least too see how many people want that in a game. I do hope you consider offline coop in any game you are creating.

Sincerely,
A depressed gamer.

strigoi1958
11-05-2014, 11:21 AM
Dear Ubisoft Montreal team,

I hope this will be addressed to the developers, the singleplayer part of the Rainbow Six series have always had a crucial role in the franchise. In a recent article it was mentioned by Ubisoft staff that for Siege they’re putting “Multiplayer First”. I respect the fact that there are many gamers that prefer the MP over SP and that the developers are having a hard time competing against COD and BF. The community knows that the developers must innovate in these fields to stand among other triple AAA titles and to achieve enough sales.
However, I still think it is fundamentally important that you stick to the roots of the franchise and deliver a proper singleplayer experience. Ubisoft shouldn’t do the same mistake as a COD or BF where you have a 7 hour campaign that is not worth playing. The SP is important for the core R6 players and many others. The focus should be done equally (not to forget terrorist hunt). I just don’t want the SP being dealt with no efforts at all, as this is very common in the industry these days.

Thank you,
A concerned gamer!

P.s. Please comment if you disagree.

+1 After CoD MW2 (half an afternoon campaign for £50) I don't even look at CoD adverts. Ubi have got some things wrong for PC gamers but campaign lengths are usually great.
Ubi already have enough titles that I will never buy, like the crew or the division... (In fact if all future MMO games start with "the" it would save me time looking ;))

Even co-op missions are in the AC series now (Father have mercy upon them for they know not what they do) I don't mind as long as 100% of achievements does not involve an effort to sucker people into online gaming.

I'd love it if campaign and Multiplayer were sold separately... It might even save me some money :D

So I too hope a decent campaign length will come with this game. Vegas 6 2 is still in my all time top 20 games.

playlisting
11-08-2014, 12:23 AM
So I too hope a decent campaign length will come with this game.

Same here. They said that for those of us who enjoy the single-player, there will be something for us. "Something" worries me slightly. I really hope they make a fully-fledged campaign. I want to be the leader of a small, badass team clearing out whole buildings room by room with a silenced MP5-N. Issuing orders, chucking flashes, smokes, outsmarting my enemies. I don't want to be the next Rambo rolling in with a huge assault rifle mowing down enemies left and right. I always grin a little watching my team clear a room in seconds through the window or under the door. Watching them breaching through windows while I'm shooting through a skylight in the ceiling. Best part about my time playing R6 was when I took my time, issued my orders and watched the whole plan play out exactly as I had hoped. You don't get that in a Battlefield or a COD campaign, and I hope R6 keeps it's identity rather than becoming a generic online FPS.

EDIT: A perfect example of what the next R6 SP should NOT be like:

Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqHR18sNmQc)

strigoi1958
11-08-2014, 01:12 AM
+1

what was that ???!!!!

I want planning, tactical layout, weapons and kit choices, stealth approach or quick kill... the ability to adapt and change AI orders mid op, kill the power and use NV... no gun and run stuff. and definitely not that.

playlisting
11-08-2014, 02:07 AM
+1

what was that ???!!!!

I want planning, tactical layout, weapons and kit choices, stealth approach or quick kill... the ability to adapt and change AI orders mid op, kill the power and use NV... no gun and run stuff. and definitely not that.

Killing the power for NV seems like a great idea, would be so cool to use in-game. Would give me the same feeling I get going into a smoke filled room with the thermal goggles on :D I never played the early R6s but pre-mission planning would be great. Whenever I see people talk about it it's always in a positive light. Another thing I would like is to be able to order my team as a team or individually. It would allow for a LOT more options.

I hope they completely binned Patriots. Nothing from that trailer gameplay wise looks any fun.

strigoi1958
11-09-2014, 12:17 AM
Yes team instructions should have many options and the ability to change on the fly would be great. Tactical layout of the building with power conduits, relevant points of interest and insertion points would help planning. I usually prefer to enter at a separate point from my team but that would depend on the AI.... some games the team AI tend to get in the line of fire or push me out of cover when moving from behind... if siege doesn't have that I would like to inset with some Team AI back up.

playlisting
11-09-2014, 03:55 AM
Yes team instructions should have many options and the ability to change on the fly would be great. Tactical layout of the building with power conduits, relevant points of interest and insertion points would help planning. I usually prefer to enter at a separate point from my team but that would depend on the AI.... some games the team AI tend to get in the line of fire or push me out of cover when moving from behind... if siege doesn't have that I would like to inset with some Team AI back up.

How did the planning work in the early games? Did you have to issue a plethora of orders and then move with your team as they carry them out?

strigoi1958
11-09-2014, 12:10 PM
On the fly orders were good, you could lead, follow or enter at a different point to your team.... I wish there were options which would enable using smoke via a ventilator or air conditioning so a room already had cover before entering with thermals on. Also a timer or the AI to synch their entry at the exact same time as my own.... (when using multiple entry points)

playlisting
11-10-2014, 11:16 PM
On the fly orders were good, you could lead, follow or enter at a different point to your team.... I wish there were options which would enable using smoke via a ventilator or air conditioning so a room already had cover before entering with thermals on. Also a timer or the AI to synch their entry at the exact same time as my own.... (when using multiple entry points)

That would be great! Really good idea. Hope you're listening Ubi.