PDA

View Full Version : Activated Abilities

Personofsecrets
09-15-2014, 04:08 AM
Why not creatures (or other cards) that have activated abilities?

Spell Stealer Djinn

Creature Magic Flyer
Prime - Spirit - Djinn

2 Cost

2 Might
2 Magic
2 Destiny

(2) Destroy target ongoing spell or fortune. Increase your magic by 1.

2/0/4

Cards like this could really make creatures more interesting. Some cards are already very similar.

Portios86
09-15-2014, 03:30 PM
Iīd like to see that, but since we canīt do anything in opponentīs turn it could be hard to balance.
I still would like to see that, I guess it could be too hard for new players though, I know this game is deep and devs want it deeper than most tcg, but could be too difficult for new players.

Personofsecrets
09-15-2014, 11:32 PM
You are right.

Activated abilities would have to be within the context of only being able to perform them on your own turn. There are already cards that have activated ability like effects - Hellfire Cerberus has the keyword attack anywhere which is just another way of saying "Deal damage equal to this creatures attack to another creature, it can't attack this turn." Blackskull Spellsmasher gets to destroy spells, but you have to attack to do it - the card would almost be like the one I made without the attack clause.

Other interactive effects that could do something on the opponents turn would have to be mandatory trigger effects. The separate effects of Hellfire Maniac are a good example of this.

VeitGearmaker
09-16-2014, 03:15 PM
it could also use up the action for that creature by default, attack, move OR use ability

that way there could be stronger effects without pushing the total power of the card to far

btw i don't think it would be too hard for new players, i mean cards like dark lotus pond are way harder to use than this (and the concept is already present in the form of events)

Personofsecrets
09-16-2014, 05:12 PM
it could also use up the action for that creature by default, attack, move OR use ability

that way there could be stronger effects without pushing the total power of the card to far

btw i don't think it would be too hard for new players, i mean cards like dark lotus pond are way harder to use than this (and the concept is already present in the form of events)

That would be a good cost to these types of creatures.

Personofsecrets
09-16-2014, 09:36 PM
Rakshasa Cure Master

3 Cost
3 Might
2 Magic

Magic Shooter
Rakshasa - Beastman

Evade

(1) Heal 2 Health from a creature or hero.