PDA

View Full Version : A spell that requires two or three spell schools?

malkorion
09-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Have the devs considered it? These spells would be unique in the sense that not many heroes would be able to use them. Let's say a Fire / Light combination spell.

hectoring
09-07-2014, 11:26 PM
It's cool, but I'm not sure making things more restrictive is a good idea :/

Portios86
09-08-2014, 12:47 AM
I think thatīs cool but horrible for game balance. Thatīs also what I think about elemental unique creatures, which are op by design, and creating imbalance.

Damram doesnīt have exactly the same impact in a stronghold/inferno deck, lets say toghrul and damhiria, than it has in...lets say charity. Same happens with zephiria. Iīd say these unique creatures are making some decks a bit too strong, they arenīt designed to be played in a specific faction, so they arenīt really well balanced.

I donīt want a spell which is nice for shalan but broken for namtaru, for example. But well, at least in standard, we havnīt a lot of heroes sharing school combination so I guess it could be a cool idea without destroying balance.

What Iīd like to see is a new 1/1/2 hero for each faction but with different schools, of course. A new cassandra with water/wind like sandalphon could be nice. Inferno hero with fire/dark+2destiny?I donīt know how good or bad itīd be for balance, but itīs cool.

zuom000
09-14-2014, 09:26 PM
That's great idea, it can buff worse heroes, without making strong ones over the top, like earth-water spell for shalan/mastar/namtaru
in example
Mudslide(0/6/0) water/earth
Deal 3 damage to creatures in row, opponent can't deploy or move creatures in that row until next turn.

VeitGearmaker
09-20-2014, 12:56 PM
way to limited, then you could just print the names of the heroes who can use it instead...

why not make it "A OR B" and give a small bonus if it's both?

example:
Air/Light
Blinding Flash 0/4/0 cost 4
enchant creature, until beginning of your next turn
targed creature and all adjactend receive one spell damage and cannot attack until your next turn. Enchanted creature is also phased if your hero has light and air spellschools

this can be used by many heroes (and is no dead card in the booster for most people) but specially buffs haven and some sanctuary heroes

ofc it will be hard to balance it that the card is usable without the bonus but not op with the bonus (and there should be a lot of thinking wich heroes get benefits by this concept, there shouldn't be a spell that buffs fire/earth or air/earth i guess)