PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite aspect of the Assassins Creed series?

m4r-k7
09-06-2014, 05:54 PM
If you could only pick ONE what was it that got you into the series?

If your answer isn't on the poll, share what it was that got you into the franchise :D

Personally for me, it was the history and the historical open world that Ubisoft manage to create every year. Love it!

I-Like-Pie45
09-06-2014, 05:58 PM
how about feet

ACfan443
09-06-2014, 06:03 PM
The present day story line used to be my favourite thing about the series, but not anymore, not since they bludgeoned it to death in ACR and AC3. Now it's the historical tourism aspect that appeals to me the most.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-06-2014, 06:11 PM
The historical aspect. I love exploring the historical cities and climbing famous monuments.

Farlander1991
09-06-2014, 06:12 PM
One of the biggest original draws to AC for me was the fact that it was a historical action game set in the Third Crusade.

There's an insanely small amount of historical (pre-20th century) action games, not even mentioning the recreations of historical cities. It's mostly strategy games, or in case of the pirate setting there were also a couple of RPGs set in the Caribbean. Try listing action/adventure games of the Third Crusade, Renaissance, American Revolution, French Revolution... you really won't find much competition there.

GunnerGalactico
09-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Would definitely have to be the: historical aspects, the story of the Creed and the main character... as well as the stealth and parkour for me. ;)

Xstantin
09-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Historical open world for me.

Namikaze_17
09-06-2014, 06:39 PM
The story regarding the Creed and each Assassins stories and perspectives are what I like best.

;)

Shahkulu101
09-06-2014, 06:41 PM
Historical open world and the freedom of navigation that the parkour gives you. To play Assassin's Creed for the first time felt liberating, finally I had a game in which I could climb and traverse practically everything.

JustPlainQuirky
09-06-2014, 06:41 PM
The super hottie protagonists.

Namikaze_17
09-06-2014, 06:46 PM
The super hottie protagonists.

You said all of them were Ugly a couple days ago... :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
09-06-2014, 06:47 PM
I'm talking about the ones who aren't uggers. :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
09-06-2014, 06:59 PM
I'm talking about the ones who aren't uggers. :rolleyes:

So Shay and Haytham? :rolleyes:

king-hailz
09-06-2014, 06:59 PM
To be very honest I choose the top 3. Everything about you story of these games intrigued me. I didn't really like history at the beginning anyway but this series made me love it! The story of the assassins just felt awesome to me I love philosophy so I loved it! I absolutely loved the modern day! I absolutely love conspiracy theories so that is why however that goes into the assassins and templars too!

I choose modern day to equal it out! I guess me and rino are the only ones voting for modern day! Lol...

Sushiglutton
09-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Historical, climbable worlds is the main draw for me! It's a mix of the history and parkour.

I'm hoping the gameplay will become a bigger draw in the future by improved core mechanics ;)

JustPlainQuirky
09-06-2014, 07:01 PM

Ye.

And maybe Elise if she's playable in DLC. :rolleyes:

Xstantin
09-06-2014, 07:02 PM

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/337/a/f/sad_connor_by_krystalrose87-d5n03av.png

JustPlainQuirky
09-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Connor fluctuates between a hunk and a potato too much. Sorry.

Namikaze_17
09-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Ye.

And maybe Elise if she's playable in DLC. :rolleyes:

Elise is... 0.0. *Faints*

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-06-2014, 07:07 PM
History for me.

Because what's ironic is that I HATE history, especially when I was younger, and ever since I played the AC franchise, that changed my mind a bit and made me appreciate how intriguing history can be sometimes.

I always thought that if they had this game in replacement for my history class, I would have enjoyed it more :p

Namikaze_17
09-06-2014, 07:14 PM
History for me.

Because what's ironic is that I HATE history, especially when I was younger, and ever since I played the AC franchise, that changed my mind a bit and made me appreciate how intriguing history can be sometimes.

I always thought that if they had this game in replacement for my history class, I would have enjoyed it more :p

I LOVE history...I always get straight A's in there. :)

I'm currently taking U.S history, and it asked me on a test: "Who was there during the signing of the declaration of independence?"

I put:
John Hancock
Thomas Jefferson
CON- *Erases*

Yes, that happened... ;)

RinoTheBouncer
09-06-2014, 11:37 PM
The Story (Modern Day/ First Civ.)

Don’t get me wrong, I love the historical part. Ezio’s story is wonderful and same goes for Altair, Connor and Edward. But for me, the thing that got me into the franchise is the sci-fi elements and the modern day story and even in the historical segment, I love the parts where the Assassins, Templars and the protagonist are discussed not the random historical events that happened in real life. To me, I prefer the setting and real-life historical event should be a background and nothing more and the whole focus should remain on the fictional story that is extrapolated from real-life conspiracy theories and pseudo-science.

JustPlainQuirky
09-07-2014, 12:09 AM
Being serious, most def the overarching narrative and cast of characters for me.

Free roaming is the added bonus.

killzab
09-07-2014, 12:27 AM
The Story (Modern Day/ First Civ.)

Don’t get me wrong, I love the historical part. Ezio’s story is wonderful and same goes for Altair, Connor and Edward. But for me, the thing that got me into the franchise is the sci-fi elements and the modern day story and even in the historical segment, I love the parts where the Assassins, Templars and the protagonist are discussed not the random historical events that happened in real life. To me, I prefer the setting and real-life historical event should be a background and nothing more and the whole focus should remain on the fictional story that is extrapolated from real-life conspiracy theories and pseudo-science.

Then judging friom what Amancio said, you should enjoy Unity a lot :)

GoldenBoy9999
09-07-2014, 01:35 AM
My friends recommended it to me back when AC2 came out and said it was cool because you go around taking people out so I guess the answer is the awesomeness of being an Assassin. My favorite features now though after playing all the games, is the historical open world and the stealth/parkour.

SixKeys
09-07-2014, 01:42 AM
I went with "the awesomeness of being an assassin" but my real choice wasn't on the poll: atmosphere. I love walking around in AC games, not running. I love the illusion of social stealth, having to act like one of the crowd. I love sitting on a viewpoint and watching the people down below, or day slowly turning into night. These games have unrivalled atmosphere.

My second choices would be parkour and modern day. Not so much anymore, since parkour is a lot more automated and modern day has become dismissible.

JustPlainQuirky
09-07-2014, 01:44 AM
Rest in peace, Modern Day.

GoldenBoy9999
09-07-2014, 01:50 AM
Requiescat in pace, indeed.

HiddenKiller612
09-07-2014, 02:45 AM
The historical settings, the main characters and how they react with each other... Taking out targets with my hidden blade. I also like modern day.

Layytez
09-07-2014, 03:27 AM
Modern day.

SlyTrooper
09-07-2014, 03:44 AM
I like pretty much everything, but if I had to choose I would say the parkour. It's something that no other game has done on that level. It's also something that hasn't really had a proper contender... Well, not until Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor.

Ureh
09-07-2014, 03:50 AM
Historical setting followed by the ancestor's journey.

Fatal-Feit
09-07-2014, 03:57 AM
The story.

After AC:3, I'm much less interested in the setting or modern day. The latest stories for the individual Assassins' are top-notch.

OpticSpecs
09-07-2014, 05:00 AM
Parkour and History

LoyalACFan
09-07-2014, 07:35 AM
I LOVE history...I always get straight A's in there. :)

I'm currently taking U.S history, and it asked me on a test: "Who was there during the signing of the declaration of independence?"

I put:
John Hancock
Thomas Jefferson
CON- *Erases*

Yes, that happened... ;)

AC2 actually helped me out a hell of a lot with my Art History course freshman year. Most of the paintings that were on our first test (which required us to name the painter and approximate date) once hung in Ezio's villa, lol :p I already knew pretty much everything AC3 had to offer though.

Namikaze_17
09-07-2014, 07:59 AM
AC2 actually helped me out a hell of a lot with my Art History course freshman year. Most of the paintings that were on our first test (which required us to name the painter and approximate date) once hung in Ezio's villa, lol :p I already knew pretty much everything AC3 had to offer though.

The wonders AC can do in History... :rolleyes:

There was another question on my test that said: "Name this historical monument?"

And shockingly, I remember reading about it in a Database Entry. Go figure!

Other times it was: "Oh, Yeah! That was the place Connor killed *Insert Templar*

GoldenBoy9999
09-07-2014, 05:46 PM
I too love the history in the AC games. Whenever we learn about a historical topic I usually have a lot more prior knowledge of it.

Hans684
09-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Both story options, never had much of a story problem but it still(like everything else) has it's faults.

Kakuzu745
09-08-2014, 06:23 AM
Historical open world all the way...that is why I dont care that much about Modern Day really.