PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane, engine cutting out?

Endy1
02-09-2004, 11:29 AM
I know the engine of a Hurricane, I-16 and 153
cut out when negative g is applied. When I play the new BOB campaign, the engine cuts as it should. However, when in QMB I can fly inverted with no loss of power.
The settings for the pilot remain unchanged, complex engine etc.
This only happens with the Hurri, the I-16 and 153 cut with negative g as normal.
Has anyone any useful ideas? Thanks in advance

Tally-ho

Dave

Endy1
02-09-2004, 11:29 AM
I know the engine of a Hurricane, I-16 and 153
cut out when negative g is applied. When I play the new BOB campaign, the engine cuts as it should. However, when in QMB I can fly inverted with no loss of power.
The settings for the pilot remain unchanged, complex engine etc.
This only happens with the Hurri, the I-16 and 153 cut with negative g as normal.
Has anyone any useful ideas? Thanks in advance

Tally-ho

Dave

LEXX_Luthor
02-09-2004, 12:59 PM
Interesting. Never tried that.

Maybe flying upside down in Hurri, that is -1 gee only. Maybe not enough negative gee to hurt but you have to push the stick forward. What do the engine guages say when you fly upside down?

you will still have FB , you will lose nothing ~WUAF_Badsight
I had actually pre ordered CFS3 and I couldnt wait... ~Bearcat99
Gladiator and Falco, elegant weapons of a more civilized age ~ElAurens

LilHorse
02-09-2004, 01:01 PM
You are probably picking the IIB Hurri for your QMB flying. To get the model with the gravity fed carb you must scroll down in the plane selections amoung the LW aircraft for the Hurri I (1938). This is the one used for the BoB stuff.

Endy1
02-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Thanks LilHorse, that's the one. I'd completely forgotten that one. Works a treat.
Luthor, to be honest I've never looked at the gauges when inverted, but I'll give it a try.
:}

Tally-ho

Dave

zugfuhrer
02-10-2004, 02:03 PM
I think that the carburator feed English airplanes had four flotteurs? That cared for the fuelsupply in different angles. But in negative G:s they wherent good enough. If you se a Hurricane make a roll, you can se that it puffs black smoke in the angles where the plane gets fuel from two of the flotteurs.