PDA

View Full Version : 2 copies of one game on my account

The_Bear-WPL
09-06-2014, 12:13 PM
What if I would buy Assassins Creed II digital deluxe edition and try to sing it up for my uplay account which alredy have AC 2 on it?
I would have another copy of this game- so I would always see 2 pictures of these games in my liberary? Or just I would have additional content on my old game?

Im asking because I have purchased AC 2 few years ago and now there is Digital Deluxe edition which contains all additional DLC's and also BONUS skin that wastnt availble on the past.

YazX_
09-07-2014, 01:51 PM
as far as i know, it doesnt work unless if you get steam and UPlay versions, but if both are steam or UPlay, it wont work, you can contact Ubisoft support and asking for help for this case and they will advise you on what to do, link is in my sign.

Anykeyer
09-08-2014, 08:46 AM
Uplay displays multiple copies only if they are obtained through different distribution channels. For AC2 there are only 2: Steam and Uplay (Uplay also inludes retail and all other digital shops). AC3/4 also have regional versions (versions locked to a particular language), they appear as separate games. You can hide unwanted copies if you want so.
Redeeming 2 keys for the same product is not possible. This means you can redeem Steam AC2 with Uplay AC2 on the same account, but you cant redeem Uplay AC2 and retail AC2, bc they are considered the same product. And you cant change cdkey for a product you already own, Uplay client wont accept new cdkey. There is only 1 exception to this rule. Uplay shop automatically redeems keys after purchase, and it will overwrite old key for the same product if you had it (it usually doesnt happen immediatelly and takes up to 2 weeks for a change to take effect). This have a side effect on AC3/4 bc those games' save files are encoded with your cdkey. Changing cdkey makes you lose access to old saves (they appear as damaged).
But there is a way of upgrading your existing copy of the same product wo actually changing cdkeys. You have to redeem your new cdkey in extras menu inside the game, not in Uplay. This works for AC2 and will allow you to upgrade to Deluxe.