PDA

View Full Version : Question 18 and 19 - Dev Team Part 2

Monkeywho
07-19-2004, 10:26 AM
Re: Question 8. Does a player walk around a ship by himself with key arrows or do I just magically appear in another room?

Commentary: I hope the implement the "free roaming option."

Re: Question 19. After severe damage, will water begin collecting on the floor, and will it recede as the crew pump it out?

Commentary: I really wish / hope that they actually DO model water collecting on the floor in the 3D model.

What do you guys think?

Peace.

Monkeywho
07-19-2004, 10:26 AM
Re: Question 8. Does a player walk around a ship by himself with key arrows or do I just magically appear in another room?

Commentary: I hope the implement the "free roaming option."

Re: Question 19. After severe damage, will water begin collecting on the floor, and will it recede as the crew pump it out?

Commentary: I really wish / hope that they actually DO model water collecting on the floor in the 3D model.

What do you guys think?

Peace.

bertgang
07-20-2004, 09:48 AM
Question 8
I was for free roaming, but now I think it could be an useless complication; small space, small compartment doors, people walking on the opposite way, and so on.
I can live with magical appearence.

Question 19
Same wish as you.

[This message was edited by Bertgang on Tue July 20 2004 at 09:00 AM.]

macker33
07-20-2004, 08:17 PM
not forgetting tripping over things and banging your head

TASKFORCE1x1
07-21-2004, 07:33 PM
An AI sailor could get you jammed in a cornor and then what can you do? LOL Not to mention also you can fall off the sub at high seas. If there was any sory of latency in the sim it could be quite bad lol. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Eif87
07-21-2004, 09:14 PM
c'mon guys! Free roaming would REALLY add to the atmosphere, and plus "small spaces, compartment doors,peeps walking in the opposite way" was how it was in real life ;-) pleeease ubi at least implement an option where we can choose free roaming or spawning. If you have played B-17 II, many players who were looking forward to the release WANTED free roaming, but microprose refused and it really degraded from the experience of B-17 II. I think it would be very eerie to see a leak and running WITH your men to the leak, etc. Also in the vids, I saw that they were in a room (forget which one) but the hatches/compartment doors were closed. Could we PLEASE have them open so we can see what other crew members are doing in other compartments? That would be really neat! Please dev's!

HeibgesU999
07-21-2004, 09:20 PM
I think the crew management and animation is a huge leap forward. Of course, I would love to be able to walk through the ship in a 3D format like Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid, and SOCOM, but I can wait for SH4 for that.

With the crew management system, it seems you will be playing all the officers. It appears that maybe one officer is in charge in each compartment.

Monkeywho
07-21-2004, 11:18 PM
If the Devs have time to do the complete internal 3D sub plus free roaming and water collecting on the floor then why not now? After saying this I am still say ONLY after Dynamic Campaign, but if there is any free time. . why not try to make SH3 the best it can be. I think the Devs are doing a great job and I can wait for SH4 to have more goodies in, but if it can come in SH3 so more the better. Having said that though I'll support SH3 now no matter what, with the exception of completely screwed up dynamic campaign (I can't even imagine that happening now with how awesome the devs have been), becauase without a good selling SH3 . . SH4 might not surface. As it is I am betting the SH3 is going to renew the Subsim community and maybe, I hope, bring back a new "Jane's" type series.

Peace.

Iohann Moritz
07-23-2004, 06:10 PM
Free roaming is a must. Because it's something you'll use all the time, because if you want it like a FPS, make it FPS, not just a resemblance! Because players never forget about it (look at the example of B-17 II). Please, dev team, even if it's not in all rooms, implement it... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Have a nice day.