PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please explain this?? Please.

drkshns
09-03-2014, 12:55 AM
Hi, I've been playing Trials Frontier for quite some time now, and there is something I can NOT figure out...every once in a while, when I play a track, the camera zooms in and out, and when this happens there are also more detailed graphics; like smoke coming out of tanks, wheels etc. ,which normally don't exist (and which are actually quite cool btw) , but the zooming in/out is really annoying...

I could not figure out HOW and WHY this happens, so if anyone can enlighten me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

A.Donkey.Rider
09-03-2014, 08:19 AM
how far is the zoom? is it unplayable close or just a slight zoom? maybe it is an effect that belongs there?^^

what device you play on mate?

drkshns
09-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the reply,

Well, it actually zooms out and then zooms in back to normal. And when it zooms out, it zooms out A LOT; the bike becomes really tiny and I can see a huge portion of the track.
It zooms out and back in like two or three times during the track. This is the issue, as the visual effects look like they're really supposed to be there :)

I play on a Samsung s3 mini btw. And this happens only sometimes, on the tracks that I regularly play (mainly the Tanktops and Trojan Giraffe).

A.Donkey.Rider
09-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the reply,

Well, it actually zooms out and then zooms in back to normal. And when it zooms out, it zooms out A LOT; the bike becomes really tiny and I can see a huge portion of the track.
It zooms out and back in like two or three times during the track. This is the issue, as the visual effects look like they're really supposed to be there :)

I play on a Samsung s3 mini btw. And this happens only sometimes, on the tracks that I regularly play (mainly the Tanktops and Trojan Giraffe).

aw ok, i might also have had that problem on "Tanktops" once in a while :D i currently play on S3, sometimes on S5 : ) feel free to add me on up(l)ay if you like, my name there is A.Donkey.Rider and i'm 44th on global lb, atm... ; )
i'll check incoming fr. requ. this evening :cool:

drkshns
09-03-2014, 06:51 PM
Dude, 44th place (nice!) looks quite far away from where I am, I am around 8000 right now. I have no friends yet, mainly because none of them are playing the game :D , I've just send you a request btw.

I've just completed the game, and feels weird, because I couldn't complete the quagmire yet, and I don't even have all the bikes yet :/

Let me ask you something else; how do you feel about the update? I know it came out quite some time ago, but I read that spin time went from 60 to 90 minutes on Lotz, so I haven't updated yet :) but I guess I'm missing out on 11 new tracks...

wmadoss2014
09-03-2014, 07:09 PM
That update is only for IOS sofar so spintime is still 60 minutes (and 5 gems) on android (I personally think 90 minutes and 3 gems is better)

drkshns
09-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Oh, I would really like 90 minutes and 3 gems, or even 60 minutes and 5 gems, but in my version you need 10 gems to respin :/

drkshns
09-03-2014, 09:39 PM
well, I installed the update, and now everythings ruined...

tacky, speedy gameplay which feels totally unnatural :/ the tanktops, which I used to play with 7 fuel and gained 402 coins, is now played with 10 fuel and gives me around 280 coins...

wmadoss2014
09-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Wow so you could actually play with an older version online?
I tried to go back to an older version since I noticed what u just noticed for instance that they nerfed tanktops to 10fuel and 280 coin but everytime I tried to downgrade it wouldnt let me online without the latest version.
Anyway u had to upgrade at some point and soon we should get atleast 6 new tracks and eventually outfits on android aswell, and then u will have 90 mins and 3 gems which is better than 5 gems 60mins (I think).
About the gameplay though thats sounds more serious and weird, I get slowmotion/speedup after I have been playing for a while and my phone gets warm but thats it, (I have to pause and wait 30 mins for it to cool down if I want to play again..)

drkshns
09-03-2014, 10:31 PM
I hope the update you're talking about comes soon, because I've tried installing the older apk file, but as you said, it won't let me play unless I update.

Wish I hadn't done that and kept playing without the update like I've been doing for months, almost everyday. But what's done is done, and the fun is gone, no return :nonchalance:

A.Donkey.Rider
09-04-2014, 08:43 AM
Dude, 44th place (nice!) looks quite far away from where I am, I am around 8000 right now. I have no friends yet, mainly because none of them are playing the game :D , I've just send you a request btw.

I've just completed the game, and feels weird, because I couldn't complete the quagmire yet, and I don't even have all the bikes yet :/

Let me ask you something else; how do you feel about the update? I know it came out quite some time ago, but I read that spin time went from 60 to 90 minutes on Lotz, so I haven't updated yet :) but I guess I'm missing out on 11 new tracks...

yeah, i'm not happy with my lb position yet :D the update indeed ruined a lot. i see no fixes in the most present issues like airtime and paintjobs that keep on appearing (and then as a false one) + the 3 tracks i have unlocked but that refuse to appear as a price on Lotz... the handling seems normal now but it was way better before the update^^
how did you get the quagmire? why am i the only one who doesn't seem to have this track???

btw, fr. requ. accepted ; )