PDA

View Full Version : Ingame Ninja track question

Hairy Cabbage
09-02-2014, 03:26 AM
OK so im working on a track right now and i want to add a secret ninja version of the level similar to the levels in the main game. the problem i have is when i move the player back to the first checkpoint (or a track position index before the first checkpoint) if the player presses B or faults it reverts them back to the start of the actual level instead of the start of the ninja version. How did the main game get it so you spawn in the air above the first checkpoint while still maintaining the use of the B button and the faults?

Thanks for the help.

Hairy Cabbage
09-02-2014, 03:29 AM
Hmm did they just create a custom checkpoint above the spawn point in the air so it didn't trigger when driving over it right at the start of the level but allows them to teleport back to it?

Hairy Cabbage
09-02-2014, 03:32 AM
Oh wow i think i have figured out a way to get it working AND spawn on the floor since apparently you can use an OPE on a custom respawn point. will reply if it works :)

Edit: ok it totally didn't work.

NovaDarkStorm
09-02-2014, 07:18 AM
You use a check point at the top so you can maintain faults still. I can go into the editor and show you later if you want, I will record a video.

You use a cp and place it hidden, and use custom respawn point.

Hairy Cabbage
09-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Is there a way to get it working WITHOUT having to spawn in the air? dropping to the ground every time is REALLY annoying....

dasraizer
09-02-2014, 06:17 PM
hey, i gave this a try, you can with the checkpoint in the air trigger a reset to driving line, which puts the rider on the ground, however, when i tested this the start gate was then triggered! the time didn't stop but pressing b reset the track!, i thought it was odd that the start gate re-triggered. you could reset just after the start line and then block the player from free wheeling back over it, be careful as the reset to driving line can also trigger the checkpoint that sent the reset, creating massive laggy loop, checkpoint trigger->reset to DL->checkpoint trigger->reset to DL, if this happens you have to spam the start button to get the menu up !!

Jeruhnq
09-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Hi, i think it should work if you use 2 checkpoints at the begining + 1 object invisible in reponse of contact + 1 variable + 1 event (define).
- Put the 2nd CP at the same place of the 1st but in the air
- Put the object upside the rider, 2 or 3 meters is ok i think. Set this object in invisible, set "reponse of contact" by using a variable on 3 (disable the "restart at CP" for the variable).

Before you send the impulse to the event "restart at this CP", use the "define" event to set the variable at 4 (= decoration only) and use a delay of 0.100 or something to be sure the code will work correctly before you spawn at the begining.

Hope my English is not to bad and it works :)