PDA

View Full Version : TwoDudesReview: Trials Fusion!

derekjones94
09-01-2014, 12:21 AM
Hey everybody, I wanted to stop by and let the community here know i made a "review" video of the game over on youtube. Id really appreciate you guys checking it out, i know the trials community has kind of a cult following, i myself enjoy watching confused muscles and inquisitor. Anyways, my point is, if you guys enjoy our video id like to make a weekly video showing off what the community has made. Leave feedback, i'd really appreciate it.

Here's the link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdQK0ep7vxM&feature=youtu.be

xzamplez
09-01-2014, 02:50 AM
I gave the video a shot, but I had to stop it when the dude said there was no bugs or glitches. I'm sure it was a nice little overview of Fusion, but not an in depth review.

This game needs a real critical review though. Not some big company like IGN, Gamespot, etc. A review by somebody who really knows the ins and outs of Trials.

Xracer500
09-01-2014, 03:25 AM
I gave the video a shot, but I had to stop it when the dude said there was no bugs or glitches. I'm sure it was a nice little overview of Fusion, but not an in depth review.

This game needs a real critical review though. Not some big company like IGN, Gamespot, etc. A review by somebody who really knows the ins and outs of Trials.

+1 IGN is a bad company to do a review...like they took off points for "harder levels" LOL

Anyway I agree with max that you guys didn't do a thorough review but im not saying it was a bad review. You guys should just review games you play more. I think your channel has a future if you do games that you have played 2 days plus otherwise its not worth doing a review for it because the community will say your review is bad hence getting dislikes. Im just saying this out of experience and am in no way whatsoever trying to be mean. I am trying to be helpful and make your channel a success. :) Other things i reccomend is just keep the content all appropriate and invest in a new mic :) In depth reviews are very important

The_McCheshire
09-01-2014, 08:38 AM
+1 IGN is a bad company to do a review...like they took off points for "harder levels" LOL

It is even worse than that, they downvoted the game because they felt the hard tracks were not the same in terms of how fun and over the top they are. Ig you ask me that is an opinion rather than a problem with the game itself because I personally like the fact that the tracks mellow down - gimme less of the roller coaster tracks any day.
To me it seemed like IGN were trying to find fault with the game but couldn't becasue they possibly aren't exactly good enough or know enough of the gripes the veteran players are unhappy with now.

Just realised I have talked far too long :o

En0-
09-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Hey guys,

Disclaimer: I don't dismiss any of your opinions or feedbacks.

Just one thing, IGN (and other websites) are targeting a mainstream audience. So they are reviewing the game from this point of view, and their review is correct regarding that. The problem is 95% of the people on this forum are not at all some players, they are hardcore players with different expectations.

The same thing happens with any game that is "almost not the same game" between core community and mainstream (MOBAs, competitive shooters, etc...). Anything that has a huge depth of gameplay.

Cheers,

TheeDesecrator
09-01-2014, 11:04 AM
I was just going to say what En0 said, sort of. I did have issues with their comments about the harder tracks, but otherwise I think they were spot on for someone who put in enough time to review it to the extent most people put effort into their jobs. I didn't start finding many bugs until after I finished the game (minus Inferno IV, that was some time later). Even so, I'm not good enough to catch the tyre glitches, so no glitch has been game breaking for me. This also isn't they type of game you can do true service to until you have 50+ (many would probably argue 100s) hours in, and that's just not a reasonable time frame for a launch review. So I totally agree with everyone, just had to say this.

As for TwoDudesReview, keep 'em coming. I think it's great to see more people excited about this game. Hang out here often, catch some tips. I look forward to seeing you grow as players.

Xracer500
09-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Hey guys,

Just one thing, IGN (and other websites) are targeting a mainstream audience. So they are reviewing the game from this point of view, and their review is correct regarding that. The problem is 95% of the people on this forum are not at all some players, they are hardcore players with different expectations.

The same thing happens with any game that is "almost not the same game" between core community and mainstream (MOBAs, competitive shooters, etc...). Anything that has a huge depth of gameplay.

Cheers,
I was hostile when i wrote this sorry IGN Your a great company I just didnt think about it too much

IImayneII
09-01-2014, 07:42 PM
The game as background sound was rather annoying imo, specially the bike engine made some things hard to understand. Probably because of the combination with the mic quality that wasn't that good.

I also feel alot has been left out. fmx tricks system was mentioned but for someone who doesn't know the game they have no idea what you are talking about. It wasn't properly explained imo and it should have been showed when you talked about it. Also no mention of supercross tracks, editor, dlc, TC...

Same as how the review started, it felt like it wasn't to target people new to the franchise.

Looking forward to weekly videos showing off what the community has made tough!

Also fps drop at launch is not 'normal' stuff. I know, I know, alot of games these days have this bugs on launch but we shouldn't 'accept' it as being normal.

xzamplez
09-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Hey guys,

Cheers,Yes, but things like glitches/bugs and missing features are universal flaws, and things that should be the focus of any review. Regardless of the audience it's intended for.

And I can't take IGN serious at all. I'm one of the people who whole-heartedly believes they get paid off to give high scores, and I've heard game developers say it.

SparkierJoNESZ
09-02-2014, 09:27 AM
Yes, but things like glitches/bugs and missing features are universal flaws, and things that should be the focus of any review. Regardless of the audience it's intended for.

And I can't take IGN serious at all. I'm one of the people who whole-heartedly believes they get paid off to give high scores, and I've heard game developers say it.

i disaggree, what makes the game fun should always be the focus(not that the issues shouldn't be mentioned though)
also you have to understand that not everybody is affected by these bugs/glitches in the same way
on evo i couldn't tell the difference between bad driving and tyre glitches besides a few times where it was really obvious the games fault
and i managed to eventually get into the top 1000 so i aint no noob either(maybe :p)

i probably know some bugs even that affected me and some(many?) others in a very negative way that you might not haven't heard about
the endgame event bug is what i call it although afaik we never found what caused the bug(that crashed the game)

as for IGN they also seem to write hype articles that do nothing but make people hyped, which is the last thing a critic/reviewer should do

SparkierJoNESZ
09-02-2014, 09:32 AM
as for the op i aggree with most that bassline said

i don't think an interview is the best format either, it almost feels like you are interviewing yourself