PDA

View Full Version : Physics outside of physics bubble?

DragonCon
08-29-2014, 06:56 PM
Is there a way to have physics work when itís not in the bubble? What Iím trying to is have a plane crash and explode in the background. Since itís not in the bubble I cannot get an effect or anything else that needs physics to be activated when the plane comes into contact with the area trigger.

SparkierJoNESZ
08-29-2014, 09:26 PM
Is there a way to have physics work when it’s not in the bubble? What I’m trying to is have a plane crash and explode in the background. Since it’s not in the bubble I cannot get an effect or anything else that needs physics to be activated when the plane comes into contact with the area trigger.

you need to use object position events, and interval triggers etc

PneumaticBog484
08-29-2014, 10:28 PM
The only object I've encountered that can "sort of" have physics outside the physic's bubble is the Area Condition. If you set the Area Condition's affected object to say, a dummy object, and then just place the Area Condition right on top of the dummy object, it will change the Environment Settings no matter where you are; even if it's halfway across the Fusion map. (I know this works because I've done it multiple times for my released Skillgames)

TeriXeri
09-02-2014, 10:42 AM
If it's meant for decoration/background animation, best to use OPE and a bunch of well-timed (impulse delays are very handy to make a timed chain of events) movements/effects/sounds to make it look like it explodes.

You can also make physics bubble a bit larger for a part of track using data sources but it does affect performance if there's a lot of physics objects being affected at once but even then it cannot be very far from driveline.