PDA

View Full Version : Fix rage-inducing Cannon End glitch

WidescreenRules
08-29-2014, 05:03 AM
I have felt my blood pressure raise several points because of a glitch in Cannon End where even though I have crossed the finish line, the game decides that I apparently didn't do it the way it wanted me to, and claims that I crashed. NO, I DID NOT! Over 1/2 of the bike is through the finish line area; therefore, I the race is over -- at least it should be!

This glitch is even more rage-inducing when Cannon End gets chosen for one of the ANBA races. I have had no less than six instances where I crossed the finish line first, but the game said, "Nope. You crashed instead. Nyah, nyah!" and the challenger ended up winning because the game kicked me back to the cannon. Either fix this or take that level out of the ANBA rotation, please.:mad:

flooodi
09-03-2014, 06:09 AM
I know this "pixel bug" also.
I think there is some solid pixels at certain spot at finish line, about height of drivers head. You'll neet to lean forward to get over/under them.
It's very annoying, specially when trying to beat PB / ANBA times.

xitooner
09-03-2014, 10:24 AM
In your release, this is a bug; it's fixed in the next release. The solution for now is to always cross the finish head-first for Cannons End. Bike-first will always crash.

WidescreenRules
09-04-2014, 01:07 AM
Great! I ran into this bug (no pun intended) a few more times since I posted this. Glad to know there's at least a work-around to it.

IFTHISTHENTHAT
09-05-2014, 01:56 AM
In your release, this is a bug; it's fixed in the next release. The solution for now is to always cross the finish head-first for Cannons End. Bike-first will always crash.

Thanks for sharing. Trying to beat an ANBA mission today and it was maddening. I beat the "live player" :rolleyes: to the end cannon every time, but failed to finish first due to multiple crash faults.

Managed to get it once (after the opponent went through) trying to go through the end upside-down and it worked, thought that might be a fix... but nope.

Again, thanks for sharing this, looking forward to the next patch...

...as well as developer presence on the forums...

:o