PDA

View Full Version : Wingman and AI flight act too independent - commands

Catseye_333rd
02-17-2004, 05:52 PM
Hi,
It would be a nice touch if the wingman and the rest of ones flight would not break off and attack incoming bandits until the flight leader (me/you) gives the command to engage.

They even break off and attack before you can even see dots of the bandits.

The default should be to remain in formation until given a command.

Hope this is being looked into.

Catseye_333rd
02-17-2004, 05:52 PM
Hi,
It would be a nice touch if the wingman and the rest of ones flight would not break off and attack incoming bandits until the flight leader (me/you) gives the command to engage.

They even break off and attack before you can even see dots of the bandits.

The default should be to remain in formation until given a command.

Hope this is being looked into.

Chuck_Older
02-17-2004, 06:04 PM
Radio commands and player-controlled flight discipline are my two biggest problems with FB. Actually, they are my only two big problems with FB. The rest are just details, but these two things can really screw up your mission.

from the Hundred Years war to the Crimea, from the lance and the musket and the Roman spear, to all of the men who have stood with no fear, in the service of the King~ Clash

ZG77_Lignite
02-17-2004, 08:34 PM
One slight disagreement I have with you, dots appear long before the AI attack, which is at 10km I believe. Dots appear at 15-20km+, depending upon settings.

And if you wish your flight to NOT attack an enemy flight, give the 'rejoin' command and they will join back up (timing is important, it must be given before enemy get in close range, but you shouldn't expect your flight break off when engaged in close-in dogfight).

Admittedly it would be nicer if wingmen would inform you when they spot enemy aircraft (they do, but it is dificult to determine who is saying what) and not attack until you told them too, but it is possible with what we have now with a little work.