PDA

View Full Version : esports and r6 siege

The.N0torious
08-28-2014, 04:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2D2LLSBods

RedKnight5
08-29-2014, 05:10 PM
With all due respect... and I hate to be the first poster to throw cold water on this.... E-Sports is a complete waste of time, for those casual, semi-casual, Clan competitive and seriously Clan competitive gamers... sitting in their living-rooms, just wanting to spend a few hours (or all night) with their online friends, playing a new RB6 Siege... or any online video game for that matter.

E-Sports is for a very small elite competitive player group... willing to travel to some hotel or location... where an E-Sports event is being held. The vast majority of the competitive online gaming public... will never attend one of these live public gaming events in person. They have real lives, families, jobs or school and would never consider a time waster like E-Sports. This is only for a very small niche of "geek" video players. IMO

In real "online" competitive games, like the old SOCOM games were.... there was real online sanctioned competitive Clan Wars and Tournaments. 10, 20 or over 30 Clans would participate together in a single Tournament for Clan status... and sometimes prizes. You were not playing with a bunch of "Random" kids in some random competition... where little or NO Teamwork, tactics and strategy is being used by either side you are playing on. A few Examples: SOCOM4, CoD Ghosts, the future CoD Advanced Warfare, or Battlefield3/4(or Hardline) for "Run & Gun", no Teamwork with random kids, shooting everything that moves, with little or NO competitive events, because that type of game can't support Clans... let alone Sanctioned Online Clan Tournaments. Even Zipper's "MAG" on the PS3 had weak Clan Support.

In the old SOCOM games... like some other Clan Supported war shooters in the past... there are or were Professional Competitive Tournament websites like: Urgent Fury: http://www.urgentfury.com/index.html that Organize, Hosts, Score Keeps and holds Sanctioned online Competitive Clan tournaments for any Clan that wants to compete. Urgent Fury is a pro-event website organizer.... and they host a number of games. They tried for months to hold online sanctioned Battlefield 3 events... but DICE didn't build in enough Clan Support to hold these... and UF finally gave up on BF3. Battlefield4 was never up for serious consideration. CoD Black Ops2 head some decent sanctioned competitions in the past(and may still be). But I don't see any future BATTLEFIELD tidal, ever having what's needed to hold a sanctioned Clan Supported event. The new CoD Advanced Warfare is being looked at... but by what I've seen in the game news... CoD AW won't have the underlying Clan support, to be seriously considered. There are very few to no, Next-Gen Clan Supported games on the market yet... for online Clan Sanctioned Tournament Play.

We have little to no information about RB6 Siege and any possible Clan Support as of yet. Let alone, if RB6 Siege could be used for real Online Competitive Tournament Play. Just because a game has "Private" Servers... and groups of friends can meet in one room to play together... doesn't mean it's a game suitable for Tournament play. There's a long list of needed features... for good Clan Support for real sanctioned competitions... and that's been discussed in other threads on this website and doesn't need to be repeated here again. UbiSoft knows what's needed... for real Clan Support for sanctioned competitions... and what it takes to build in the RB6 Siege Clan support, to keep RB6 Siege active and competitive... until they make the next Rainbow6 game in the future... whenever that may be.

There's been a LONG" dry spell between the last RB6... and the new RB6 Siege that's coming in 2015. RB6 Patriots went down the tubes. RB6 Siege has already been Delayed again... and UbiSoft is famous for holding game details until almost the games release day. So we may not know any real news on how RB6 Siege will work for a long time. That's why UbiSoft has this user forum for us to suggest, recommend and guide UbiSoft's thinking, as they develop RB6 Siege, and how to make a new RB6, that will bring a large majority of competitive online gamers to RB6 Siege. This will give Siege, a real future for Next-Gen competitive online sanctioned gaming. This happened for SOCOM and a few other Clan Supported games on the PS2, PS3, PCs and the xBox's.

If cost "short cuts" are taken in RB6 Siege's development, to save money in publishing this game... and RB6 Siege turns into just another "Run & Gun" random FPS on the Next-Gens, like CoD and Battlefield have become... then RB6 Siege will have a very short life cycle and only be supported by a small group of "niche" Rainbow6 players, until a "Real" Clan Supported Competitive game finally comes to the Next-Gens.... and they will. Then RB6 Siege will join gaming history and be forgotten like so many other shooters have become today.

The next future Rainbow6 game... after RB6 Siege, will not show up for a very long time... if ever, if RB6 Siege is not successful for the Next-Gen consoles. UbiSoft has just to many other successful gaming franchises to support... if RB6 Siege becomes another niche game and has low sales on the market. The only way to make "RB6 Siege" really be successful... is to give RB6 Siege the Clan Supported tools it needs to attract the organized competitive online gamers of today.

Another crucial concept, for this next Rainbow6 game... is do not try to compete with a CoD or the next Battlefield game!!! Don't try to reinvent a new Rainbow6 game every year like is being done with Cod and now the Battlefield games! Let EA/DICE and Activision/Sledgehammer beat themselves to death in the "Twitch" FPS game world. Those games have become useless for real competitive sanctioned online game play.

UbiSoft has to find the correct formula for RB6 Siege... to make it unique and lasting in the Next-Gen and PC competitive game world.

FIRST: make sure RB6 Siege works on it's Release Day.... or don't release it at all. Thoroughly online Beta Test RB6 Siege until it's "Rock Solid". Don't release a game that only half works... and take months to "Fix" it along the way... like a CoD or a Battlefield game.

SECOND: Once UbiSoft has a solid working RB6 Siege game... be able to "ADD" content like new DLC maps and patches. If you have a good working game... don't try to "Fix" or "Reinvent" Rainbow6 every year or two. It costs to much to redevelop and publish a new RB6 game every one to two years. BUILD ON to a good working game. GROW RB6 Siege each year and give the players a stable platform to build Clans and hold Sanctioned Competitions with. We need stability for RB6 Siege... for the online Competitive Tournament Websites to build on. Don't change the game's basic fundamentals... just for the sake of change!! IF IT WORKS... DON'T FIX IT!!! Just ADD to it. That's a lot cheaper for UbiSoft's game development and to make great games for their customers!!!

THIRD: Now that RB6 Siege is delayed until next year... UbiSoft needs to take a hard look at just what Rainbow6 Siege should be for a long-term life cycle. There is no competitive Clan Supported War or Military(S.W.A.T) like competitive game on the Next-Gen Market yet. The game company that builds this first... will reap the profits with a huge & loyal player following.

The "Only" Next-Gen online game franchise... that IF it can learn from the serious mistakes and screw ups they made, with it's Battlefield3 and BF4 games... EA/DICE could stumble into a game that might fill this need. CoD games never will.... that's not their market. EA/DICE have been raked over the coals for it's BF4 by it's players. Most of it's core players will not return to Battlefield... like me. But if EA/DICE gets, "Struck by Lightning" and gets a clue how to make a truly REAL Clan Supported, online competitive modern war game, or a "Cops & Robbers" shooter... that works... then nothing will be able to compete against a game like that for many years.

UbiSoft and Rainbow6 Siege, has only one shot at greatness. 2015 can be the beginning of the "NEW" Rainbow6 franchise, that CoD and Battlefield will be compared against... or the last Rainbow6 game we will ever see.

Sorry for the long post..... but I have a long history with Rainbow6... and I don't.... want to see it fail now!!

TheCyrcus.TTV
08-31-2014, 11:24 PM
OP, couldn't have said it better myself. Rankings are the biggest thing keeping me into a game for the exact reason you said, striving to get better.

@RedKnight5 I'll start off by saying TL;DR, but IMO he was speaking more on terms of having a ranking system like LoL, with an underlying potential of becoming an E-Sport, should it become popular enough.

You just wanna play casually? Great, don't play ranked game modes. Simple as that. There's no reason you should strip us competitive players of a ranking system simply because YOU don't want to play competitively.

RedKnight5
09-02-2014, 02:18 PM
OP, couldn't have said it better myself. Rankings are the biggest thing keeping me into a game for the exact reason you said, striving to get better.

@RedKnight5 I'll start off by saying TL;DR, but IMO he was speaking more on terms of having a ranking system like LoL, with an underlying potential of becoming an E-Sport, should it become popular enough.

You just wanna play casually? Great, don't play ranked game modes. Simple as that. There's no reason you should strip us competitive players of a ranking system simply because YOU don't want to play competitively.

Did you even bother to read my post EvilDude?

"TL;DR".... Intelligent reply. Means: "I can't read past more than 1 paragraph!"

"With all due respect... and I hate to be the first poster to throw cold water on this.... E-Sports is a complete waste of time, for those casual, semi-casual, Clan competitive and seriously Clan competitive gamers... sitting in their living-rooms, just wanting to spend a few hours (or all night) with their online friends, playing a new RB6 Siege... or any online video game for that matter."

There are serious competitive Clan Tournaments in many online 1st Person Shooters. E-Sports is not the same as Online Clan Competitions and Tournaments. Casual online gaming is one thing. Serious Competitive Clan Gaming is totally a different activity for those using Clan Strategy and Tactics in game... not wanting to travel to some location to play the game.

RLC_SeMP
09-02-2014, 03:28 PM
I read your post and just because you don't like it or are too poor to travel doesn't mean thousands of other gamers won't show up. As a 10 year veteran to the series, I would welcome, and travel to an E-Sports event for this game should it ever become popular enough.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Thank you for your feedback. Please be civil to each other.

Hullyy
09-17-2014, 07:26 AM
CoD Ghosts, the future CoD Advanced Warfare, for "Run & Gun", no Teamwork with random kids, shooting everything that moves, with little or NO competitive events, because that type of game can't support Clans... let alone Sanctioned Online Clan Tournaments. Even Zipper's "MAG" on the PS3 had weak Clan Support.

You do realize that there are competitive CoD tournaments being run every single day, an annual million dollar CoD tournament, an ever growing competitive scene, and multiple competitive leagues...right? CoD is the flagship MLG shooter nowadays, infinitely larger than when RS was featured on the pro circuit.

CoD AW won't have the underlying Clan support, to be seriously considered.

It's already been announced that yes there will be clan support in AW, as well as a ranked league play with competitive settings.

just because a game has "Private" Servers... and groups of friends can meet in one room to play together... doesn't mean it's a game suitable for Tournament play.

Having online "clan" support isn't the be all, end all for whether or not a game can or will be played competitively. There needs to be the proper options in private matches, if there are, the game can be played competitively. Many other communities have built large competitive communities through 3rd party websites such as MLG, Gamebattles, UMG, among many others.

With all due respect... and I hate to be the first poster to throw cold water on this.... E-Sports is a complete waste of time, for those casual, semi-casual, Clan competitive and seriously Clan competitive gamers... sitting in their living-rooms, just wanting to spend a few hours (or all night) with their online friends, playing a new RB6 Siege... or any online video game for that matter.

E-Sports is for a very small elite competitive player group... willing to travel to some hotel or location... where an E-Sports event is being held. The vast majority of the competitive online gaming public... will never attend one of these live public gaming events in person. They have real lives, families, jobs or school and would never consider a time waster like E-Sports. This is only for a very small niche of "geek" video players. IMO

The majority of competitive gamers (e-Sports) will never travel to an event. You don't have to attend an event or a LAN to be considered a competitive gamer. There are more online tournaments, for more games now, than there have ever been in history. I think you're underestimating just how many competitive players are out there. Look at games like LoL, Dota, Starcract, and Counterstrike, pulling in absolutely massive numbers on a daily basis. Hell, even CoD is getting pretty big. Competitive gaming isn't the extreme niche it used to be, it's not just for the "geek" players as you put it, tournaments are being shown on ESPN, featured at the X-games. It's coming out of the underground and into the mainstream.