PDA

View Full Version : BnZ 109

XyZspineZyX
08-06-2003, 08:53 PM
Hi,

After flying the 109 for a time i get desperate of the BnZ tactic, often when i dive on a target i miss and crash or blackout and get shot by even I53s.
Now i dont get some things about this tactic:
- What must the range between the target and myself be before i dive on it
- Is it better to come at an enemys six or dive on it at say 80 degrees
-What must my speed be in a dive, i try to put my prop pitch at even 30% but still i go like 700km/h and manouvring at that speed is nearly impossible with the k4
-When using elevator trim climbing up again is very hard because you must pull very hard on the stick, but when not trimmed, gunnery is almost impossible in BnZ.

I also read an article at SimHQ about BnZ but still im a lousy pilot at BnZ, i would appriciate some help.

Thanks

XyZspineZyX
08-06-2003, 08:53 PM
Hi,

After flying the 109 for a time i get desperate of the BnZ tactic, often when i dive on a target i miss and crash or blackout and get shot by even I53s.
Now i dont get some things about this tactic:
- What must the range between the target and myself be before i dive on it
- Is it better to come at an enemys six or dive on it at say 80 degrees
-What must my speed be in a dive, i try to put my prop pitch at even 30% but still i go like 700km/h and manouvring at that speed is nearly impossible with the k4
-When using elevator trim climbing up again is very hard because you must pull very hard on the stick, but when not trimmed, gunnery is almost impossible in BnZ.

I also read an article at SimHQ about BnZ but still im a lousy pilot at BnZ, i would appriciate some help.

Thanks

XyZspineZyX
08-06-2003, 09:16 PM
BnZ requires high speed, or a considerably higher speed than your opponent. I usually don't fly the K-4 I mostly fly the Dora but the principle is the same. A hight advantage or energy advantage is a must. I think BnZ calls for alot better gunnery than ordinary horizontal dogfighting. The 109 is a dream in high speeds at least compared to the 190 family(in-game). The 109's have superior climb performance compared to any oposition. Use the 109's ability to hang in the prop for as long as you can when going vertical after the attack. When the speed is down to 40-50 km/h just yank back on the stick and uses the propwash that moves over your elevators, this will flip you over in no time at all. It's important to remain at a 90 degree angle and a dead stick before pulling the stick. Remain fast, there's a bug in the game that allows for lighter controls at speeds aove 750/800km/h. Practise your aming. The Mk108 is a killer make sure to exploit it and shoot at close range!

Hope this helps!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/robban75/Dorarote6.JPG

'When it comes to aircombat, I'd rather be lucky than good any day!'

XyZspineZyX
08-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Skyhawk44 wrote:
- Hi,
-
-After flying the 109 for a time i get desperate of
- the BnZ tactic, often when i dive on a target i miss
- and crash or blackout and get shot by even I53s.
- Now i dont get some things about this tactic:
-- What must the range between the target and myself be before i dive on it

-- Is it better to come at an enemys six or dive on it at say 80 degrees

depends on the situation, you should be able to shoot from every position. needs lots of practice. 6 is not so good, if possible try to shoot from above or something like that. its easier to hit vulnerable spots with deflectin than from the 6

--What must my speed be in a dive, i try to put my prop pitch at even 30% but still i go like 700km/h and manouvring at that speed is nearly impossible with the k4

700 is way to high speed. prop pitch 30% on a K4???

One thing to remember: ALWAYS use Auto pitch in the 109 except the E versions. The german pilots used auto pitch in combat so why shouldn't you?

another thing why do you guys always fly the K4??? all it can do is climb. The F4 and the G2 are much better. Another choice if you like late war planes is the G10 or G14 they turn better. G6 is crap.

--When using elevator trim climbing up again is very hard because you must pull very hard on the stick, but when not trimmed, gunnery is almost impossible in BnZ.
-

I usually trim my plane level and that's it. When you are moving up again try to make it as smooth as possible otherwise you lose too much energy.

- I also read an article at SimHQ about BnZ but still
- im a lousy pilot at BnZ, i would appriciate some
- help.
-
- Thanks
-
-

2 things we need in FB:
The 110 and the desert!!!
http://exn.ca/news/images/1999/04/23/19990423-Me110coloursideMAIN.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Skyhawk44 wrote:
- After flying the 109 for a time i get desperate of
- the BnZ tactic, often when i dive on a target i miss
- and crash or blackout and get shot by even I53s.
- Now i dont get some things about this tactic:

On year-restricted servers, in E and F model 109's you can gain height at your leisure and then do whatever you want to them. Aerial rape at its best.

Only the overmodelled Hurricanes are a problem at present - they can zoomclimb quite well. Keep an alt advantage at all times. Even then I wonder WH4T TH3 FU3K (thanks Ubifilter) all the fuss is about. Yes the hurricanes are ridiculous but only 1% of their pilots can exploit the worst bug of them all, the 250km/h sustained very tight rate spiral climb.

I-16 and I-153... frick em. Since the patch is not out yet, never attack Polikarpov planes. Just ignore them. In test08 the 153 is as fragile as your common russian concrete and the I-16 is no match for B-239 in a turnfight. If you have a wingman, I-16 should be declared an endangered species, and rightully so.

-- Is it better to come at an enemys six or dive on it at say 80 degrees

There is no general answer.

You must keep up your speed, _at all times_, and do NOT let yourself be tempted into a turnfight. There are always more planes than just you and the one in your Revi.

You can turn. 109's turn quite well, especially the F models and the G2. Use rudder always when turning. Never yank. If you see any contrails at wingtips, if you hear any rumble, if you feel any shake you have done something terribly wrong and are dead. The 109 climbs very very well. Unless the opponent is good, you can often outzoomclimb him or her. More often, you can use the spiral climb to gain height.

The spiral climb... This is where there are as many instructions as there are instructers. I use very slight (FB 1.0! In test08 it's different and in 1.1 it will be also!) bank angle and very slight yaw angle and 240-280km/h and use the _rudder_ to turn. Never use elevator to spiral climb in 109! Especially not after the patch!

Then watch your opponent slowly slowing down from
a) closing in to
b) slowing down and then
c) just as he is ABOUT to stall _USE RUDDER AND BANK IN HIS DIRECTION AND MAKE A PASS_ and if you have good aim and good timing (I don't , I'm a shi..ety shot but I can generally time it well) you have an almost certain hit at a target that is struggling to stay airborne! If you can pull this out it's a GREAT feeling.

Sorry for all the exclamation marks.
Vacation 2 days from now and I'm quite drunk.

--What must my speed be in a dive, i try to put my prop pitch at even 30% but still i go like 700km/h and manouvring at that speed is nearly impossible with the k4

In E models, 600km/h.
In F models, never exceed 700km/h.
In G models, generally stay below 760km/h just to be sure.

Prop pitch is an issue ONLY in unpatched 1.0 FB. Emils that went to eastern front had the same automation than the F models. Nevertheless:
* Put 30% prop pitch on a down direction on a hat on your stick
* Put 100% prop pitch on an up direction on an hat on your stick
* put decrease/increase on the left/right directions on that hat.
This makes it easy to control prop pith.

--When using elevator trim climbing up again is very hard because you must pull very hard on the stick, but when not trimmed, gunnery is almost impossible in BnZ.

When diving down, always (first, before diving) trim your plane nose-heavy. It will take some time to get used to, but you will soon get it right. In 109's it's not as dramatic as in those FRIGGIN 190's .. . can't aim in them At All. Isuuuck Newton.

http://sivusto.servepics.com/~lahnat/werre2s.jpg

veiting foor p├┬Ąts

XyZspineZyX
08-06-2003, 09:52 PM
good post werre

2 things we need in FB:

XyZspineZyX
08-06-2003, 10:01 PM
Note: all my instructions work only on non-icon-servers. On limited icon servers they have limited usability. On icon servers you must jump on bouncer to get the BFG9000.

Skyhawk44 wrote:

0-2000 meters.

-- Is it better to come at an enemys six or dive on it at say
80 degrees

Six behind, BUT from above. Maximizes hit probability.
The When and How depends on weapons.
Mk108 currently is sh1t. Wait for the patch. It will be accurate AND deadly.
MG151/15 is excellent against fighters. WOrks like a .50.
MG151/20 is like the abovementioned, but with more spread and more questionable effect, and less bullets. In a word, sh1te.

MG151/15 works very well againt Lavochins but worse against Yaks. Those Yaketi yaks have some kind of forcefield that repells all but PK's and detached wings.

The K4 likes to go at 500km/h or over. 500-700 is ok.
The "nearly impossible" part is BS, just adapt to the fact that closure speeds are twice what you expect. It's hell but at least you will live as long as you want unless some VERY lucky bullet catches you. K4 is a mean fuxxorer.

Before diving, trim nose-heavy. Never do insane dives at low level. After the patch the 109 will be HARD to pull out of those dives, which is historically correct.

- I also read an article at SimHQ about BnZ but still
- im a lousy pilot at BnZ, i would appriciate some
- help.

Practice.

veiting foor p├┬Ąts

veiting foor p├┬Ąts

XyZspineZyX
08-06-2003, 10:15 PM
You have to practice offline maybe. Dive from 1500 or below. don't forget to move up again. if he turns out of your gunsight just go up. don't try to turn you lose energy and the plane is hard to handle in a 600kmh turn.move up. when your speed is low(under 200) use rudder to turn without stalling and go down again, if you lose sight of the enemy do not go down in hope you might find him in the dive. If he's low don't attack, whether you can't pull up and crash or you have a lag online and find yourself stuck in the ground. Try to look for pilots who are busy figthing or something like that. You have to suprise them. If you can't get him go search for another one. Don't dive into a furball, useless and dangerous.

2 things we need in FB: