PDA

View Full Version : Game failing to load - black screen after verifying download!

mfox333
08-20-2014, 08:46 PM
What's up guys?

Just downloaded an update today and ever since it updated it has failed to load. I get the verifying download screen and once that has finished it just stays black and tells me swipe down from top of screen to exit full screen mode.

I have a Google Nexus 4 running Android version 4.4.4

Sort it out UbiSoft - PLEASE!

mfox333
08-20-2014, 08:50 PM
I have tried clearing data. Also tried uninstalling and re-installing

mfox333
08-21-2014, 07:37 AM
I also have a Nexus 7 (2013 WiFi) that the game works on even after the latest game update.

flooodi
08-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Im having also problems after latest update.
After download verification shows only black screen, and nothing happens. :mad:

Samsung galaxy S4 mini. Android 4.2.2.

nightmare_walki
08-22-2014, 12:59 AM
What's up guys?

Just downloaded an update today and ever since it updated it has failed to load. I get the verifying download screen and once that has finished it just stays black and tells me swipe down from top of screen to exit full screen mode.

I have a Google Nexus 4 running Android version 4.4.4

Sort it out UbiSoft - PLEASE!

Please sort it out as i may have to start doing the housework again.
Having the same problem, game just will not load after latest update

Just uninstalled game & then reinstalled it, booted up fine but from the beginning.
Had to do the 1st few levels up to where the rocks fall on you.
It loaded the homepage with the saloon, entered the saloon &
Screen popped up saying I had another game in progress
so loaded my old game up & Voila it's working again.

mfox333
08-22-2014, 06:29 AM
The problem is intermittent. Had it working twice on my Nexus 4. Its worked 9/10 on my Nexus 7 with only the odd fail.

This morning when I woke it worked on my 4 but not on the 7.

What the hell is going off?

I never re-installed it on my N7 still on same two month old D/L

A.Donkey.Rider
08-25-2014, 06:05 AM
DON'T EXPECT HELP!! Its RedLynx, they dont care about the ppl playing their games....

WidescreenRules
08-29-2014, 05:13 AM
I ran into a similar problem on my Nexus 7 after the first major update. For at least a month, it would crash with "Trials Frontier has stopped" just before it would display the Ubisoft splash screen, but I found a way to play again. Try this.

1. In Android, go to Settings -> Apps -> Trials Frontier.
2. Click "Clear Data". This will wipe out everything including your save. (You HAVE been backing up to Uplay, right?)
3. Try running the game again. "Verifying Download" should take longer because it has to re-downloaded the game data again.
4. The game SHOULD start up now. Go ahead and play the first three levels. It will only take a few minutes.
5. Back in town, the Uplay logo on the top should be dark. Click on it, log in, and download your save from Ubisoft's servers.
6. Play on!

I haven't had a problem playing it on my N7 since then. Hopefully, it will fix your problem as well.