PDA

View Full Version : Unity DLC Poll

MickyDaLips
08-16-2014, 12:54 PM
Following on from another thread discussing the amount of co-op experience we'll see in Unity, and a subsequent thought that mayb e we'd see some co-op DLC, I wondered what kind of DLC the community would like to see?

Granted we may be too late in the day and all DLC is already planned out, but we can always give advance notice for next year :D

Personally, what I would love to see, is a mission creator. Not a map editor like FC4 (tho that would be awesome!) but something akin to the way InFamous 2 or GTAV for example had a creator where players could create missions and challenges for other players. the longevity would be amazing!

My bext choice would be a co-op add on with more missions with cut scenes etc (obviously cut scenes would be impossible for a mission creator) with my last choice being an extension to the SP experience.

Thoughts anyone?

ze_topazio
08-16-2014, 01:00 PM
I voted everything because why not have everything.

killzab
08-16-2014, 01:03 PM
I'd like a Napoleon dlc, though I guess it would need a full game to be done properly

MickyDaLips
08-16-2014, 01:03 PM
I voted everything because why not have everything.

Fair enough :)

I think tho if everyone votes 'everything', and if such a poll could influence the decision makers, they would then go for the cheapest/easiest option, which is probably more SP DLC.

I think most people will have a preference, and that's what I'm interested in seeing, however I left it multi choice to see if in fact there WAS a definite preference... emrm not sure if I'm making sense here lol... 'waitress... more coffee please.. an extra shot too!'

pacmanate
08-16-2014, 01:04 PM
I want Co-Op. I've only liked one SP DLC for an AC game and that was the Da Vinci Disappearance

MickyDaLips
08-16-2014, 01:06 PM
I'd like a Napoleon dlc, though I guess it would need a full game to be done properly

Cool concept, personally my least favourit eparts in ACIII were missions involving large battles, which I think a Napolean game would end up having a lot of, though I could be wrong of course :)

MickyDaLips
08-16-2014, 01:08 PM
I want Co-Op. I've only liked one SP DLC for an AC game and that was the Da Vinci Disappearance

I did like the DLC Tyranny of King Geaorge quite a bit, I don't think I actually played the Da Vinci one, I think I was sated by then :)

pacmanate
08-16-2014, 01:09 PM
I did like the DLC Tyranny of King Geaorge quite a bit, I don't think I actually played the Da Vinci one, I think I was sated by then :)

I liked the first episode of ToKW but it went downhill from there imo. I don't think SP DLC should be a thing for AC games, the game should be the full experience of the protags events for that game. Everything that needs to be told should be told in the standard game.

MickyDaLips
08-16-2014, 01:15 PM
I liked the first episode of ToKW but it went downhill from there imo. I don't think SP DLC should be a thing for AC games, the game should be the full experience of the protags events for that game. Everything that needs to be told should be told in the standard game.

I actually agree with that, it makes perfect sense.

melbye82
08-16-2014, 01:19 PM
If it makes sense a singleplayer DLC where you play as Elise

m4r-k7
08-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Creating your own missions and layout would be absolutely awesome.

Other than that I would choose single player missions as right now I am going to play most co-op missions on my own anyway xD

MickyDaLips
08-16-2014, 02:08 PM
Creating your own missions and layout would be absolutely awesome.

Other than that I would choose single player missions as right now I am going to play most co-op missions on my own anyway xD

I'm glad someone agrees with a mission editor but I'd much rather have the option to play with friends where I can, even tho I do like the odd SP sessions, I love th efun and banter when playing with mates too!

SHADOWGARVIN
08-16-2014, 03:05 PM
Extra single player or co-op missions. Both would be great.

THE_JOKE_KING33
08-16-2014, 03:10 PM
SP DLC with a playable Elise.

Sesheenku
08-16-2014, 05:25 PM
Nothing is acceptable short of stuff like Dawnguard or Dragonborn type DLC.

I will NOT pay for stuff that they cut out of the game only to offer at a price. Oh you want the complete experience? You want this quest that was supposed to be in the game? Well that'll be 9.99 please ^_^!

NO!

Make your DLC AFTER the game is released to EXTEND THE LIFE of it. I won't support paying for stuff that is obviously ripped from the main game to offer "exclusive" content to whatever platform or pre-order. Whatever company that pays for that, Game Stop, Sony, MS, they can go to hell.

king-hailz
08-16-2014, 09:00 PM
I would buy all three... I don't think something like freedom cry or tyranny of King Washington will happen... even though I would like that...

MickyDaLips
08-16-2014, 09:05 PM
I think lawyers have a phrase something like 'You should never as a question you don't already know the answer to'...

that's how I'm feeling now lol, cos I'm really suprised and thought a mission editor would have loads of mass appeal, yet it looks like more people would want SP missions as DLC...

We live and learn :)

Wolfmeister1010
08-16-2014, 09:10 PM
I'd LOVE to have the ability to create assassination contracts

lothario-da-be
08-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Single player missions for me, even if coop is realy cool I would prefer some new story content. But I think they will mainly do coop dlc.

AssassinHMS
08-16-2014, 10:27 PM
Nothing is acceptable short of stuff like Dawnguard or Dragonborn type DLC.

I will NOT pay for stuff that they cut out of the game only to offer at a price. Oh you want the complete experience? You want this quest that was supposed to be in the game? Well that'll be 9.99 please ^_^!

NO!

Make your DLC AFTER the game is released to EXTEND THE LIFE of it. I won't support paying for stuff that is obviously ripped from the main game to offer "exclusive" content to whatever platform or pre-order. Whatever company that pays for that, Game Stop, Sony, MS, they can go to hell.

Exactly. They even have the audacity to announce games alongside with DLC (like they did with Rogue). The way I see it, this is an offense to gamers' intellect.

SlyTrooper
08-16-2014, 10:59 PM
Single player DLC with Elise.

JustPlainQuirky
08-16-2014, 11:00 PM
Single player DLC with Elise.

This. A thousand times this.

Do it Ubi.

Do it.

Fatal-Feit
08-16-2014, 11:03 PM
Connor single-player DLC.