PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite and least favourite ultimate armor

Darkljolly
08-16-2014, 06:02 AM
Armor of Altair

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/1/1c/EzioInArmorOfAtlair.png

Armor of Brutus

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110327053502/assassinscreed/images/b/b5/Armor_Of_Brutus_v.png

Armor of Ishak Pasha

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/assassins-creed-revelations/thumb/9/94/Armor_of_Ishak_Pasha.JPG/228px-Armor_of_Ishak_Pasha.JPG

Templar Armor

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131119063723/assassinscreed/images/f/f0/AC4_Templar_Armor_outfit.png

Mayan Armor

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131119063816/assassinscreed/images/thumb/6/63/AC4_Mayan_outfit.png/451px-AC4_Mayan_outfit.png

My favourite would be the Mayan Armor, because how it looks futuristic but still has the cool pointy ends of the assassin robes. Least favourite would be Brutus, just fugly as hell.
Ishak Pasha is awesome as well though, dat mask.

Sesheenku
08-16-2014, 06:40 AM
Fave = Altair Armor

Hate = Mayan Armor/Templar Armor

Mayan is bulky as hell and just looks terrible. WTH man either go full armor or go full robe, don't try some terrible looking half and half. This is not how you do armored robes. Templar armor is just dull and lack of hood = -10.

Honorable mention goes to Brutus, the first armor I ever hated.

Jexx21
08-16-2014, 07:26 AM
Favorite: Mayan Armor
Least Favorite: Armor of Brutus

rrebe
08-16-2014, 07:47 AM
Favourite: Armor of Alta´r, it looks the best and I like how it's not a too obvious armor, fits with the (sometimes) stealthy assassin theme.
Least favourite: Armor of Ishak Pasha, it has good details but it's just too bulky and I hate that mask..

Stealth Gamer92
08-16-2014, 07:55 AM
Favorte is Templar Armor(my only issue is the wierd neck brace thing)

i hate the Mayan because of the robe-ish botom.

Aphex_Tim
08-16-2014, 08:16 AM
I dislike them all. They all scream "Look at me, I'm a threat!", which isn't really my idea of being an Assassin...
Also, the Brutus armor was just downright ridiculous.

Darkljolly
08-16-2014, 08:20 AM
I dislike them all. They all scream "Look at me, I'm a threat!", which isn't really my idea of being an Assassin...

Well Templar armor was made for templars not assassins, plus Kenway isn't an assassin. So both of IV's ultimate armors have an exucse of not being very stealthy looking, but I agree with the rest you said

sem1rek
08-16-2014, 08:21 AM
I love Armor of Alta´r. On the other side, I really don't like Armor of Brutus, it simply doesn't look like assassin outfit IMO, it would better suit some warrior.

CSKarasu
08-16-2014, 09:04 AM
My favourite armour is the Armour of Altair. It looks good and it has a certain prestige to it because it is the armour of a grandmaster.

The worst I'd say is the Armour of Brutus. Climbing around in it it just looked so heavy and unwieldy.

Sesheenku
08-16-2014, 09:06 AM

Tim stop. How will I ever get my dream armor with colorful pantaloons and the word assassin on the back of the top?

Fatal-Feit
08-16-2014, 09:31 AM
My favorite is the Templar armor. I don't care for the hood since Edward looks pretty cool without it, and I dig how the aesthetics are almost the opposite of your traditional Assassin robes. It's also the least conspicuous.

My least favorite would probably be either the Armor of Brutus or Armor of Ishak. I honestly do like them, but they really don't cut it for this genre. The Armor of Altair and the Mayan Armor are a little too flashy, but they get the pass since they're slimmer and have a fitting description.

wvstolzing
08-16-2014, 11:17 AM
My biggest complaint with the Brutus armor is that it unlocks way too late in the storyline.

I liked the Mayan 'outfit', except when Edward was trying to do a 'hood up' animation, which looked silly.

killzab
08-16-2014, 11:20 AM
My biggest complaint with the Brutus armor is that it unlocks way too late in the storyline.

I liked the Mayan 'outfit', except when Edward was trying to do a 'hood up' animation, which looked silly.

If the Mayan and templar armors had hoods, I would love them... but they don't so I don't wear them.

Like I said for Rogue : no hood ... no buy !

LoyalACFan
08-16-2014, 11:26 AM

I dunno, I thought Altair's armor was relatively low-key. Hell, I thought it was far less conspicuous than Ezio's standard robes in Brotherhood. It might just be because I first got it during the Carnevale sequence, where it blended in PERFECTLY, but overall I didn't think it was any more indiscreet than Giovanni's robes.

Anyway, I loved the Templar, Mayan, and Altair ones. Though the Mayan one only has specific, limited applications; when you first go into that chamber with Mary, she says claiming the prize inside would show commitment and help win the trust of the Assassins. So, when I replay the game, I refrain from acquiring it until near the end when Adewale asks Edward to meet him in Tulum, at which time I open the vault, equip it, and begin the mission where Edward starts to seek redemption.

The only one I actively hated was Brutus. Dear God that thing was hideous. Ishak Pasha one was meh because of the mask.

Sabuto78
08-16-2014, 11:33 AM
Fav Armor of Altair. Just looks epic as ****

Least Fav- Armor brutus from Brotherhood smfh just looked stupid lolz and the mayan armor looks like spandex .-.

pacmanate
08-16-2014, 12:15 PM
I will never understand how the Armor of Brutus made it into Revelations.

That thing is THE MOST horrible armor that I have ever seen in an AC game.

m4r-k7
08-16-2014, 12:19 PM
Armor of Brutus is the ugliest outfit in any Assassins Creed game...ever.

I really liked Ishak Pasha armour in Revelaitons. Templar armour would have been cool with a hood along with the Mayan armour would have been cooler with a hood.

Shahkulu101
08-16-2014, 02:15 PM
Favourite: Altair's armour

Least favourite: Armour of Brutus

Altair's armour just looked boss, and the Armour of Brutus was pretty damn hideous.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-16-2014, 02:21 PM
Favorite: Templar Armor

Least Favorite: Armor of Brutus

DumbGamerTag94
08-16-2014, 02:41 PM
My favorite is Alta´r's armor it suited the period and didn't look too ridiculous.(personally I thought it looked cool)

My least favorite is a tie:
Armor of Brutus: because it looked stupid with the bulky robes and random fur. If it was just the metal armor plates over Ezio's standard robe it probably would have been my favorite. But oh well.

And my other least favorite is one that for some reason didn't make this list: Captain Kidd's outfit from AC3. How could we forget about that hideous impractical and non period monstrosity?

reddragonhrcro
08-16-2014, 03:16 PM
Fav is obviously Altair's Armor.
Least fav is Mayan Armor.

Btw there is one ultimate armor missing, its Ezio's Master Assassin armor which is unlocked for completing all Assassin challenges or so.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-16-2014, 03:26 PM
My favorite was the assassin's creed brotherhood helmschmied drachen armor.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120419194534/assassinscreed/it/images/3/3d/Armatura_Drachen.png

reddragonhrcro
08-16-2014, 03:29 PM

More of a skin but yeah love that armor aswell, totaly forgot about it.Well if skins count then there is the Turkish Assasin outfit which was pretty cool aswell.

Megas_Doux
08-16-2014, 05:27 PM
I dont like any ultimate armor and just hate Armour of Brutus the most.

Locopells
08-16-2014, 06:03 PM
More of a skin but yeah love that armor aswell, totaly forgot about it.

Yeah I always use that one, once I've got the Brutus armour.

I-Like-Pie45
08-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Armor of Altaik Ibn Alamuslim

everything else is poopoo

Xstantin
08-16-2014, 08:02 PM
Favorite: Achilles' outfit
Least favorite: Brutus

GunnerGalactico
08-16-2014, 08:07 PM
Favourite- Altair's armour
Least favourite- Mayan armour

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-16-2014, 08:39 PM
Favorite: Achilles' outfit
Least favorite: Brutus

I would have chose Achilles outfit to but it's technically not an armor... or is it? lol

king-hailz
08-16-2014, 08:39 PM
Favorite altair armor!!!
Least favorite is the template armor...

king-hailz
08-16-2014, 08:41 PM
However if achilles outfit was there I would say that's the worst! It's probably the worst thing an assassin has ever worn.

Xstantin
08-16-2014, 09:13 PM
However if achilles outfit was there I would say that's the worst! It's probably the worst thing an assassin has ever worn.

Dunno man, I like it. It has period flavor imo because of the tassels and the gorget.

SixKeys
08-16-2014, 09:19 PM
Achilles' outfit is the best, followed by Drachen armor.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Achilles outfit was beautiful :)

I-Like-Pie45
08-16-2014, 09:44 PM
Achilles' outfit is not armor.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-16-2014, 09:47 PM

I know, thats why I didn't put that as my answer :p

wvstolzing
08-16-2014, 10:05 PM
Strictly speaking, none of the AC4 'outfit's are armor (though the Mayan outfit has one extra defensive feature).

But it looks like AC2-style armors are back in ACU.

By the way, why does Amancio keep saying that items didn't have 'stats' beforehand? They all did----not that the differences were *too* noticable in-game (esp. after ACB). I understand that they're going with much more detailed stats this time around, but it wasn't like there were none before.

Fatal-Feit
08-16-2014, 10:47 PM

Strange. This one reminds me of why I just can't get into Brotherhood's armors. They all look so Power Ranger-like.

By the way, why does Amancio keep saying that items didn't have 'stats' beforehand? They all did----not that the differences were *too* noticable in-game (esp. after ACB). I understand that they're going with much more detailed stats this time around, but it wasn't like there were none before.

Probably because they were all redundant. You can beat the games without upgrading.

JustPlainQuirky
08-16-2014, 10:51 PM
All the armor looks ugly to me.

Aside from maybe the templar armor.

Namikaze_17
08-16-2014, 11:00 PM
I like the Templar Armor...

On Shay. But who said Achilles outfit was armor? I liked it, but it wasn't armor.

Xstantin
08-16-2014, 11:01 PM

It's the closest thing you have to ultimate armor in ACIII.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-16-2014, 11:01 PM
Strange. This one reminds me of why I just can't get into Brotherhood's armors. They all look so Power Ranger-like.

Strange. The drachen armor looks absolutely nothing like a power ranger armor.

Sigv4rd
08-16-2014, 11:23 PM
Armor of Altair :)

Armor of Brutus :(

I-Like-Pie45
08-16-2014, 11:26 PM
It's the closest thing you have to ultimate armor in ACIII.

Captain Kidd's uniform.

Xstantin
08-16-2014, 11:30 PM
@Pie, well that too.

Fatal-Feit
08-16-2014, 11:33 PM
Strange. The drachen armor looks absolutely nothing like a power ranger armor.

Minus the hood, it sort of really does. Maybe Karmen Rider Wizard, instead.

http://i62.tinypic.com/nohqv9.jpg

SHADOWGARVIN
08-16-2014, 11:38 PM
Is he from the power rangers? Must be the new power rangers.

Assassin_M
08-17-2014, 12:28 AM
1. Armor of Altair
2. Achilles' outfit

nothing else deserves to be mentioned, they're all terrible imo.

Shahkulu101
08-17-2014, 12:30 AM
1. Armor of Altair

nothing else deserves to be mentioned, they're all terrible imo.

you're only saying that cause its ezio and ac2

Assassin_M
08-17-2014, 12:33 AM
you're only saying that cause its ezio and ac2
I thought I knew what you meant but....now i'm...kind of confused.

I-Like-Pie45
08-17-2014, 12:33 AM
Is he from the power rangers? Must be the new power rangers.

Jesus Christ. This again?

Freaking Ka-men Ri-der.

Not Po-wer Ran-gers or freaking Su-per Hen-tai.

Kamen!!! Rider!!! He is rides on a bike, and wears a mask! Thus, a Kamen Rider! Meanwhile, Power Rangers also wear masks, but only ride bikes some-times!!!

Get your obscure Japanese superhero shows right, geeze.

j/k :)

Shahkulu101
08-17-2014, 12:35 AM
I thought I knew what you meant but....now i'm...kind of confused.

You just edited your post to include Achilles' outfit you sly fly ye...

Assassin_M
08-17-2014, 12:36 AM
You just edited your post to include Achilles' outfit you sly fly ye...
Yeah because I forgot about it....I still don't understand, though...help me

Shahkulu101
08-17-2014, 12:39 AM
Yeah because I forgot about it....I still don't understand, though...help me

What's to understand?

I said you only picked Altair's armor cause it was Ezio's and from AC2 - jokingly of course. A friendly jibe making reference to your criticism of anybody who likes Ezio and things from AC2.

Assassin_M
08-17-2014, 12:41 AM
What's to understand?

I said you only picked Altair's armor cause it was Ezio's and from AC2 - jokingly of course. A friendly jibe making reference to your criticism of anybody who likes Ezio and things from AC2.
YESSS, that's what I thought but I thought you thought that I disliked AC II and thus made this reference but okay, I got it now, thank ye

D.I.D.
08-17-2014, 01:06 AM
I liked the Templar one in Black Flag, mainly because it has no hood and looks more feasible as clothing of the day (if a bit too bulky for the Caribbean heat).

I hope there'll be more like this. At one point I guess the series benefited from a uniform, but I really want it to go, or at least to have the option of just nicely tailored clothes in each era's styles and fashions. I really don't like the Jedi thing, and it's looked sorely out of place to me ever since ACII. It'll be really disappointing if we get an 1800s story and they haven't ditched the costume yet, or some other era/locations where they don't belong.

I'd love for Ubisoft to hire someone like Claire Hummel. She really understands historical fashion, but also knows how to take liberties with that knowledge in the right ways.

SixKeys
08-17-2014, 01:53 AM
I hope there'll be more like this. At one point I guess the series benefited from a uniform, but I really want it to go, or at least to have the option of just nicely tailored clothes in each era's styles and fashions. I really don't like the Jedi thing, and it's looked sorely out of place to me ever since ACII. It'll be really disappointing if we get an 1800s story and they haven't ditched the costume yet, or some other era/locations where they don't belong.

I agree. It seems like they're moving in that direction. They've already moved away from the iconic white/red combination to darker colors, Shay doesn't wear a hood in the demos we've seen (even though he has one in the cover art) and Arno is very customisable. It would be fine with me if future cover art just kept the "eyes hidden by shade" motif but not necessarily with a hood.

drewits
08-17-2014, 02:16 AM
I like all the armors, they all look awesome, if in some cases maybe not too assassiny. But what I like them most for is what they represent the Ac2-Rev armors mean "I am the master assassin, I am the parkor master, and I have beaten this game" whereas the templar armor means "I'm halfway through" and the Mayan Armor means "I'm dedicated and I perservere in the face of mindnumbing tasks"

Jexx21
08-17-2014, 03:30 AM
I liked the Templar one in Black Flag, mainly because it has no hood and looks more feasible as clothing of the day (if a bit too bulky for the Caribbean heat).

I'd love for Ubisoft to hire someone like Claire Hummel. She really understands historical fashion, but also knows how to take liberties with that knowledge in the right ways.

I just have to say that some hunters really did wear clothes like Connor's. Connor's outfit was actually pretty correct to the time period.

LoyalACFan
08-17-2014, 03:42 AM
I just have to say that some hunters really did wear clothes like Connor's. Connor's outfit was actually pretty correct to the time period.

... nah, it really wasn't. Maybe some remote mountain man wore something similar, but in cities it was more out of place than any other other Assassin's other than Ezio in ACB.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
08-17-2014, 07:30 AM
Favorite: Armor of Altair -- really cool looking with it's black, white, red, and gold color scheme.

Worst: Armor of Ishak Pasha -- while both it and the Armor of Brutus are over the top and waaaay too bulky, I have to admit I liked the eagle pauldron of the Armor of Brutus. Armor of Ishak Pasha was bulky and blarrr.

killzab
08-17-2014, 08:52 AM
I agree. It seems like they're moving in that direction. They've already moved away from the iconic white/red combination to darker colors, Shay doesn't wear a hood in the demos we've seen (even though he has one in the cover art) and Arno is very customisable. It would be fine with me if future cover art just kept the "eyes hidden by shade" motif but not necessarily with a hood.

I'd be mad if they get rid of the hood....

I'm already upset because it seems Shay won't have a hood when he turns templar, and he's got one on the cover !

Jexx21
08-17-2014, 09:24 AM
Like with Liberation, Rogue will probably have the option to buy a hood and wear it.

SixKeys
08-17-2014, 01:28 PM
I'd be mad if they get rid of the hood....

I'm already upset because it seems Shay won't have a hood when he turns templar, and he's got one on the cover !

It's fine as long as the hood will be a customisation option. Like in Liberation where Aveline's "official" look includes a tricorn hat, but you can give her the traditional hooded garb.

wvstolzing
08-17-2014, 01:53 PM
It's fine as long as the hood will be a customisation option. Like in Liberation where Aveline's "official" look includes a tricorn hat, but you can give her the traditional hooded garb.

The hood didn't work with differently colored Assassin outfits, though, in my experience. (It defaulted back to the standard tricorn)

It could have been a bug.

Fatal-Feit
08-17-2014, 02:57 PM
The hood didn't work with differently colored Assassin outfits, though, in my experience. (It defaulted back to the standard tricorn)

It was a bug.

SixKeys
08-17-2014, 03:02 PM

Yes, it was a bug. Changing your outfit dye would default it back to the hat, but if you selected the hat again, then selected the hood, it would work.