PDA

View Full Version : So if Adewale really does die in AC Rogue...

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 08:03 PM
...will you mourn?

Do you guys care about him really?

Will you hate Shay forever for doing the deed?

I personally think I won't mourn much cuz I consider AC characters 'timeless' or immortal in a sense that they can always be brought back in some form or another.

#thenagainicriedwhenHaythamdied #andezio #andaltair #notdesmondthocuzhe'sabutt

I think it really depends on the presentation.

Not saying Adewale ain't a cool guy. He's pretty darn cool. Just wondering your thoughts.

Are you prepared to see the fall of another notable AC character?

SixKeys
08-15-2014, 08:11 PM
Quite frankly I don't care because I'm sick of having every tiny bit of every assassin's life shown. I would have been happy with my own headcanon about how Adewale may or may not have died. I don't need to see Achilles' early life. The more you know about a character, the less mysterious they become. I like Achilles precisely because we don't know* exactly what made him so bitter and cynical. I don't want to see him as an idealistic young man or whatever. And I don't need to see Adewale's death on-screen. Heck, I'd be happier if some of the assassins died under completely non-mysterious circumstances, like slipping in the shower. Even Ezio's death is debated because of the mysterious stranger who showed up in his last moments. I hope Connor died from dysentery or falling off a horse or something otherwise mundane. Not every death has to be heroic or shocking.

* Well, we know, but we didn't see it happen.

ze_topazio
08-15-2014, 08:12 PM
Would be kind of cool to kill a playable main character from a past installment.

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 08:12 PM
@sixkeys

lolololol Connor dying from falling off a horse

but I disagree. I love knowing the canonical stories of the characters. Though that doesn't mean I want every part of their life to be a huge exciting adventure

@ze

Haytham was kind of like that...tho it was the same installment...

ze_topazio
08-15-2014, 08:15 PM
Nice sig there Mayrice btw, we stand on opposing sides.

SixKeys
08-15-2014, 08:15 PM
@sixkeys

lolololol Connor dying from falling off a horse

but I disagree. I love knowing the canonical stories of the characters. Though that doesn't mean I want every part of their life to be a huge exciting adventure.

Sometimes fan fic is better than canon. You should know. :rolleyes:

Shahkulu101
08-15-2014, 08:16 PM
It will be a hard moment to digest for me...especially if I don't find it justified and he just steals the poor guys ship after murdering him. However, that would be a good thing. How many times has an Assassin done something comparable to that? That guard who shouted at Ezio for taking to the rooftops yada yada...it could be disturbing in good way.

I really like Ade though.

marvelfannumber
08-15-2014, 08:18 PM
I will be sad if he dies, beecause he was the only assassin with realistically plausable hair.

R.I.P Ade', you were the only one in the series smart enough to shave your head.

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 08:18 PM
Sometimes fan fic is better than canon. You should know. :rolleyes:

*quickly closes all ConHayth fanfic tabs*

no no no I don't know what you're talking about

@ze

thanks. nice sig too :rolleyes:

ze_topazio
08-15-2014, 08:19 PM
@ze

Haytham was kind of like that...tho it was the same installment...

Exactly, that was in the same game so its not the same thing, killing a character from a past different game would give a "fall of a legend" type of feel you know?!

And I agree with Sixkeys that a certain mystery is cool, I was more than fine with being informed Altair became a legend and made several changes to the order in AC2, I didn't needed to see more in detail in Revelations.

Namikaze_17
08-15-2014, 08:24 PM
I would be sad....Adewale is one of the reasons why Edward made a change in his life. ( I.e. Leaving him for the Assassins)
"To fight beside a man consumed by greed is a hurt thing Edward. And I have found the Assassins and their Creed a more honorable course."

Not to mention, I thought he was a REAL firm believer of the Creed, and admired his fight to abolish Slavery and discrimination. So yeah, I'll miss him. :(

@Sixkeys.
I agree about the feel of "mystery" of what happened to each Assassin. The Closest Assassins to that have been Altair and Achilles.

Wolfmeister1010
08-15-2014, 08:29 PM
I kinda want to kill Connor. I love him but I want to be able to kill him at some point. Talk about an emotional ending.

I think he is the type of character who gets a tragic story, he doesn't get a happy ending.

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 08:30 PM
I want Connor to kill himself.

Hidden blade to his own neck out of choice.

He may have taken a long endless road, but it was the wrong road to begin with.

But let's not turn this to a connor thread.

Focus on Adewale's death.

Shahkulu101
08-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Killing Connor sounds like an amazingly heart wrenching idea.

Oh God imagine it.

Hans684
08-15-2014, 08:33 PM
I'm far more courious about the White Room confession/speech we are going to have with Adewale.

Namikaze_17
08-15-2014, 08:35 PM
I kinda want to kill Connor. I love him but I want to be able to kill him at some point. Talk about an emotional ending.

I think he is the type of character who gets a tragic story, he doesn't get a happy ending.

Well Connor IS a Kenway....so most likely. But I somehow feel like he has a "peaceful" ending...

HiddenKiller612
08-15-2014, 08:35 PM
I predict Adewale to be a pivotal moment in Shay's journey... with his death, shay begins to realize that what the assassin's did to him, is no worse than what he is doing to them... and that in the end he has become the very thing he set out to destroy.

marvelfannumber
08-15-2014, 08:36 PM
Well Connor IS a Kenway....so most likely

Is he? I don't remember him taking his fathers surname at any point?

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 08:36 PM
Well Connor IS a Kenway....so most likely. But I somehow feel like he has a "peaceful" ending...

Connor isn't a Kenway you dummy *shakes cane*

And stay on-topic!

@hidden

that sounds super cheesy

@hans

THE WHITE ROOM SPEECH WITH ADEWALE OH GOD I CAN FEEL THE FEELS ALREADY

GunnerGalactico
08-15-2014, 08:39 PM
Gosh! I love the pattern happening here. Edward dies---> Haytham dies---> Connor dies -------> Every other Kenway in the bloodline should die tragically and untimely before reaching the age of 60 just because. :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
08-15-2014, 08:39 PM
Adewale: "WHY!? WHY!? YOU WERE ONE OF US!"

Shay: "Was one of you..."

*Adewale Smirks* "Ever the Traitor...you shall pay for this."

*Adewale Dies*

Shay: "That may be...But at least the World has one less Eagle flying among them. And that's enough for me."

HiddenKiller612
08-15-2014, 08:41 PM
Adewale: "Are you a templar shay? Or merely a scorned manchild, lashing out at his brothers."

Namikaze_17
08-15-2014, 08:42 PM
@Mayrice.

My bad I forgot about that.... ;)

@Marvel

Technically, he didn't...

But back to Adewale...

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 08:42 PM
Adewale: "Are you a templar shay? Or merely a scorned manchild, lashing out at his brothers."

aaaaaaaaw snap I actually like that quote

Shahkulu101
08-15-2014, 08:45 PM
aaaaaaaaw snap I actually like that quote

Yeah I read that in Adewales voice and it sounds perfect for him.

GunnerGalactico

Yes. Totally sounds like Adewale.

Namikaze_17

^ Oh god this.

Shay: "Heh, What Brothers? Or should I say Wolves? Because that is exactly what ALL of you are....a pack waiting for the next kill....doesn't matter what."

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 08:46 PM
Hidden are you Darby in disguise?

HiddenKiller612
08-15-2014, 08:47 PM
Hidden are you Darby in disguise?
Perhaps......

I-Like-Pie45
08-15-2014, 08:48 PM
Adewale and Shay were on a dangerous mission together and Shay was enjoying a nice meal of Popeyes when suddenly Desmond's spirit, having been shot through time, materializes when Shay's back is turned and swipes Shay's Popeyes, replacing it with a nasty bucket of KFC with the skins removed. Shay is mad, and Desmond tells him that Adewale did it. In a fit of rage, Shay [CENSORED] Adewale. However, he realizes that Desmond has tricked him but Desmond escapes. The other Assassins don't believe his story and they turn on him, forcing Shay to join the Templars for his own safety, all while swearing to hunt down Desmond for stealing his Popeyes.

HDinHB
08-15-2014, 08:48 PM
Nice sig there Mayrice btw, we stand on opposing sides.
They're both cool. I'm glad May's includes Desmond..he's often left out. (I may steal them when you're done with them. :cool:)

I'd be sad to see Adéwalé die, but I wouldn't go into an extended mourning period. I mean, he's been dead 250 years. I'd rather Shsy not murder him, I didn't even enjoy killing the nameless Assassins in AC4. Connor killing Haytham (spoiler?) worked and fit the story (but I was hoping...). Killing a prior protagonist again would just be a cheap way to give feelz. I hope Adéwalé's death, either by negligence or intent on the part of the Assassins, is what causes Shay to turn against his brothers.

king-hailz
08-15-2014, 08:51 PM
I actually will be sad. I will remember how he was born into slavery... and how he had nothing. I will remember his relationship with Edward... and how awesome he was in freedom cry... saving all of those people.. I actually will be sad...

But then again I am not playing rogue to be a good templar I want to play as an evil person I thought that was the point of it.

Hans684
08-15-2014, 08:52 PM
THE WHITE ROOM SPEECH WITH ADEWALE OH GOD I CAN FEEL THE FEELS ALREADY

If Darby had been the writher there would be a feels overload.

I predict Adewale to be a pivotal moment in Shay's journey... with his death, shay begins to realize that what the assassin's did to him, is no worse than what he is doing to them... and that in the end he has become the very thing he set out to destroy.

What if Ezio had the same "relvelation" after his family was betrayed? This suggestion of yours is far to one-sided for me, sorry. I prefer the story to be as gray as possible. They tried to kill Shay(they betrayed him) after he experienced an traumatic event(same can be said about Ezio). So the Assassins is going to be the most "bad guys" Assassins so far, maybe not Borgia level but enough to get balence.

HiddenKiller612
08-15-2014, 08:53 PM
Adewale: "You may kill me Shay, you may even end the lives of those you once called brother... but in the end, the templars will be the ones to end you."

Shay: "You play with words, Adewale, as if to stay my blade... but I will have my pound of flesh."

Adewale: "and so will the Templars."

AherasSTRG
08-15-2014, 08:53 PM
I am pretty sure Ubisoft will pull the old wears-a-hood-and-a-blanket **** and when you kill him, he actually removes the hood and the player realises that he has killed Adewale and he cries.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-15-2014, 08:56 PM
Hmm, haven't played Freedom Cry to know how I feel about Adewale, but he did seem interesting in Black Flag. Will let you know after I play it :)

Hans684
08-15-2014, 09:15 PM
*Shay kills Adeale*

Adewale: "Traitor"

Shay: "Traitor? why not leave me be? What would my death have served?"

Adewale: "You failed your mission, compromising the brotherhood at the same time. It's to much of a risk"

Shay: "Really? I left the order, the wars and after that mission I'd had enough! I can take care of my self, why act like a pact of wolves agains a brother?"

Adewale: "And what will this campaign of your accomplis for your failure? Nothing, your sacrificing peoples freedom for revenge!"

Shay: "It's all a matter of perspective, your kind is going around creating murder and mayhem. Someone has to clean the mess"

Adewale: "Keep digging your own gave child, your just a tool for the Templar cause"

Shay: "We shall see"

Xstantin
08-15-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm not gonna mourn. Seeing one of the former protagonists die on screen might add some dramatic tension, feels, whatever you want to call it as long as Adewale's death doesn't feel too shoeshorned into the plot. And please, don't make me kill him with a rope dart or something for optional objectives.

SixKeys
08-15-2014, 09:37 PM
But then again I am not playing rogue to be a good templar I want to play as an evil person I thought that was the point of it.

Not really. You're not playing an "evil" person any more than you are when you're playing an assassin. That's the point.

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 09:40 PM
@KEV

LOLOLOL

congratulations! You strangled adewale to death for full synch!

Namikaze_17
08-15-2014, 09:41 PM
Aren't the Assassins technically Evil?

*Hides in Bunker*

Let that just sink in...

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 09:42 PM
No such thing as "good" or "bad" guys in AC. Not since AC3 anyway.

ajl992008
08-15-2014, 09:44 PM
I will be sad but I want them to do it in a way that doesn't depict shay as a bad person, it would give more emotional impact to it where shay's reasons seem understandable (at least from his post of view) which would make the player further conflicted. I think it will add more emotional value to the death if done in this way and it would further symbolise the grey morality between assassins and templars.

Namikaze_17
08-15-2014, 09:48 PM
@Mayrice.

Yeah, but I'm trying to put more emphasis on "evil".

Not so much the Assassins morals or beliefs...just their actions say otherwise.

ze_topazio
08-15-2014, 09:49 PM
Personally I want Shay to be an insane butthurt angry guy, at least in the first few hours.

HeedfulMass4856
08-15-2014, 09:50 PM
I would care, but most people on this forum (who are, deep down, whether they now it or not, innately racist bastards) would not, since Adewale is black.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft killed off their only truly non-white protagonist ever (I say "truly" because the other excuses for non-white protagonists are mixed-race).

ze_topazio
08-15-2014, 09:52 PM
I would care, but most people on this forum (who are, deep down, whether they now it or not, innately racist bastards) would not, since Adewale is black.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft killed off their only truly non-white protagonist ever (I say "truly" because the other excuses for non-white protagonists are mixed-race).

http://i.imgur.com/BkaTB6g.gif

Shahkulu101
08-15-2014, 09:54 PM
Connor may have been of mixed heritage but he was raised as a Native American and spoke the language, not to mention fought on behalf of his land. The fact he was only a half blooded native didn't make his affiliation with the Native American's any less meaningful.

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 09:54 PM

https://warosu.org/data/tg/img/0293/40/1389111215616.gif

@namikaze

no such thing as evil in AC anymore *shakes cane*

Morally grey from now on!

#aslongasyouignoreliberationandfreedomcry

@ze

saaaame.

I wanna see Shay super grump

THE_JOKE_KING33
08-15-2014, 09:57 PM
Adewale: "WHY!? WHY!? YOU WERE ONE OF US!"

Shay: "Was one of you..."

*Adewale Smirks* "Ever the Traitor...you shall pay for this."

*Adewale Dies*

Shay: "That may be...But at least the World has one less Eagle flying among them. And that's enough for me."

I actually like this convo.

HeedfulMass4856
08-15-2014, 10:04 PM
The fact that you would use such an offensive gif is a testament to just how racist you truly are.

Connor may have been of mixed heritage but he was raised as a Native American and spoke the language, not to mention fought on behalf of his land. The fact he was only a half blooded native didn't make his affiliation with the Native American's any less meaningful.
Sorry if I angered you, but I only stated facts. I don't mind playing as a mixed race character at all (why would I?). The point I'm trying to make is that even when Ubisoft does go outside of their comfort zone, they still have to throw in a little white into the picture.

https://warosu.org/data/tg/img/0293/40/1389111215616.gif

@namikaze

no such thing as evil in AC anymore *shakes cane*

Morally grey from now on!

#aslongasyouignoreliberationandfreedomcry

@ze

saaaame.

I wanna see Shay super grump
http://i.imgur.com/cLumOK9.gif

Pretty funny how racist people are, deep down, right?

ze_topazio
08-15-2014, 10:05 PM
The fact that you would use such an offensive gif is a testament to just how racist you truly are.

Namikaze_17
08-15-2014, 10:10 PM
I actually like this convo.

Thanks, Mate...

HeedfulMass4856
08-15-2014, 10:10 PM
Yes... Show me your hypocrisy and butthurt.

HiddenKiller612
08-15-2014, 10:13 PM
says the guy calling everyone else racist... and insisting that everyone is in fact racist deep down. Which, includes yourself then. In other words https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1386/97/1386979793752.gif

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 10:14 PM
Dont bring that stupid racist agenda conspiracy to this thread pl0x

Toa TAK
08-15-2014, 10:16 PM
I would be pretty bummed if we had to off Ade. He was one of the better characters in ACIV, and was great to see his solo story in Freedom Cry.

HDinHB
08-15-2014, 10:17 PM
No such thing as "good" or "bad" guys in AC. Not since AC3 anyway.

Song for next Rogue trailer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8_FOQ7-P30&feature=youtu.be&t=58s

HeedfulMass4856
08-15-2014, 10:18 PM
says the guy calling everyone else racist... and insisting that everyone is in fact racist deep down. Which, includes yourself then. In other words https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1386/97/1386979793752.gif
A neo-Nazi too? O_O

Hiter's dead and Germany being diversified. You mad?

HiddenKiller612
08-15-2014, 10:20 PM
A neo-Nazi too? O_O

Hiter's dead and Germany being diversified. You mad?
http://rs973.pbsrc.com/albums/ae218/atlasfugged/hamno-racist.gif~c200

Jexx21
08-15-2014, 10:36 PM

Altair is Arabic...

If Adewale was white, why would we cared if he died? Because he's white? No, Adewale just didn't have enough screentime for the majority to become truly emotionally attached to him.

ze_topazio
08-15-2014, 10:36 PM

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/091/284/eso_es_racista.gif

ze_topazio
08-15-2014, 10:39 PM
And Altair being Arab in a time when everybody was scared to death and very discriminatory of Arabs do to terrorism was pretty brave.

HeedfulMass4856
08-15-2014, 10:40 PM
Altair is Arabic...

If Adewale was white, why would we cared if he died? Because he's white? No, Adewale just didn't have enough screentime for the majority to become truly emotionally attached to him.
Idiot.

Arabs are of Caucasoid stock... Anyone with a 6th grade-level of understanding in Biology would know this...

Xstantin
08-15-2014, 10:43 PM
@Heedful, you've got to troll better. Also calling people names obviously makes you superior.

ze_topazio
08-15-2014, 10:44 PM
And everybody with eyes on their face can see Arabs and Europeans look clearly different.

Jexx21
08-15-2014, 10:47 PM
Idiot.

Arabs are of Caucasoid stock... Anyone with a 6th grade-level of understanding in Biology would know this...

i'm in 5th grade

Kaschra
08-15-2014, 10:48 PM

*facepalm*
Dude, are you for real? Or is this just trolling?

HeedfulMass4856
08-15-2014, 10:49 PM
@Heedful, you've got to troll better. Also calling people names obviously makes you superior.
Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not some bigoted white supremacist. If you want to talk to one of those pigs, go to Stormfront or something.

And everybody with eyes on their face can see Arabs and Europeans look clearly different.
Racially, they're not too different, and are both members of the Caucasian race. By your logic, Latin people aren't Caucasian just because they "look clearly different" than your typical white person (ie they have olive-colored skin); by your logic, Ezio isn't white. l0l

Hans684
08-15-2014, 10:53 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not some bigoted white supremacist. If you want to talk to one of those pigs, go to Stormfront or something.

Racially, they're not too different, and are both members of the Caucasian race. By your logic, Latin people aren't Caucasian just because they "look clearly different" than your typical white person (ie they have olive-colored skin); by your logic, Ezio isn't white. l0l

Your point being, do you want an Indian or Egyptian protagonist etc... or is this just fetish of yours?

Namikaze_17
08-15-2014, 10:54 PM
Somehow I find this topic offensive....

But Hey! I'm Asian......or Caucasian?

Nah, I'M MINATO!

But yeah dude, stop trolling.....this is getting ridiculous.

Lollollol

Barlog06
08-15-2014, 10:58 PM
After reading this thread, I immediately remembered this dialogue:

- Hey wassa-matta-you, Altair?
- That's rasist.
- You're rasist.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Come on, noone is racist in Ubisoft. Everyone just sees what they want to see)

HeedfulMass4856
08-15-2014, 11:02 PM
Your point being, do you want an Indian or Egyptian protagonist etc... or is this just fetish of yours?
I'd prefer an Assassin's Creed set in China, due to the fact that the Chinese Assassins were known for their uniqueness, compared other Assassin branches, and the possibility for a vast set of Assassin weapons in a Chinese Assassin's Creed game. The oriental architecture and culture of China would also be a nice change of pace.

On another note, the Egyptian and Indian Assassin Brotherhoods have been explored a bit through comics and novels; the Chinese Assassin Brotherhood hasn't.

Somehow I find this topic offensive....

But Hey! I'm Asian......or Caucasian?

Nah, I'M MINATO!

But yeah dude, stop trolling.....this is getting ridiculous.

Lollollol
You don't even know what you are...

Minato is obviously European by race and Japanese by nationality; that's the way he's drawn, just like his son, Nardo.

ze_topazio
08-15-2014, 11:13 PM

And it's funny because Indians are caucasian too.

We don't really know the exact ethnic group of the ancient Egyptians and that is still very debated.

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 11:14 PM
whhhhyyyyyy

why did you guys have to bring a racist debate to mah adewale thread

whyyyyy

SlyTrooper
08-15-2014, 11:24 PM
I'd prefer an Assassin's Creed set in China, due to the fact that the Chinese Assassins were known for their uniqueness, compared other Assassin branches, and the possibility for a vast set of Assassin weapons in a Chinese Assassin's Creed game. The oriental architecture and culture of China would also be a nice change of pace.

On another note, the Egyptian and Indian Assassin Brotherhoods have been explored a bit through comics and novels; the Chinese Assassin Brotherhood hasn't.

You don't even know what you are...

Minato is obviously European by race and Japanese by nationality; that's the way he's drawn, just like his son, Nardo.

So when I sit next to my friend (who is black) in class, do I unknowingly want to kill him? And I prefer Adewale over Edward. What do you have to say to that?

HeedfulMass4856
08-15-2014, 11:42 PM
And it's funny because Indians are caucasian too.

We don't really know the exact ethnic group of the ancient Egyptians and that is still very debated.
White-washing an obviously black civilization doesn't make it's predominant ethnic group a "very debatable" topic. l0l

Arabs invaded Egypt and gradually ruined the once great civilization. Ancient Egypt, at its peak, was a black civilization, then, gradually barbaric terrorists ruined it.

So when I sit next to my friend (who is black) in class, do I unknowingly want to kill him? And I prefer Adewale over Edward. What do you have to say to that?
No. You know you want to kill him, but, like most people, you have learned to suppress your innate racist intent.

Xstantin
08-15-2014, 11:49 PM
Can we get back to Adewale please?

HDinHB
08-15-2014, 11:52 PM
Can you take this elsewhere or get back on topic please? You have already had one thread locked today, you don't need to hijack this one.

trainkun0908
08-15-2014, 11:56 PM
So Adewale huh? Has it been confirmed that he will appear in game though?

I know Ade died in 1758, which is in the time period for AC rogue, killed by an unknown.

Shay could be that unknown, so that leaves how Shay killed him. Was Ade hunting Shay or was Shay hunting Ade?

Either way, if Ade really was one of Shay's targets, then I hope he has a good death. Maybe death by naval battle huh?

Perk89
08-16-2014, 12:06 AM
Ade as a character has so much untapped potential as a character that your standard death scene would be kind of disappointing. I'd like to see other elements of his story explored than that

itd be cool if that's who Shay was killed by though.... Just saying..

HDinHB
08-16-2014, 12:07 AM
Good question...I don't think it is confirmed, but it is widely accepted as true, and probably almost a certainty given the time of his death. He'll be ~66. He deserves a noble death, maybe while rescuing children from a burning Assassin orphanage?

ze_topazio
08-16-2014, 12:09 AM
White-washing an obviously black civilization doesn't make it's predominant ethnic group a "very debatable" topic. l0l

Arabs invaded Egypt and gradually ruined the once great civilization. Ancient Egypt, at its peak, was a black civilization, then, gradually barbaric terrorists ruined it.

No, there's no evidence of their skin color, black, white, Arabic or all of them living in harmony are just theories, I believe the most recent genetic tests of mummies showed they had a lot of similarities with modern middle eastern and Arabian people though.

JustPlainQuirky
08-16-2014, 12:09 AM
@HD

that sounds super cheesy, lol

trainkun0908
08-16-2014, 12:12 AM
Just a good death will be fine, IMO. Not air assassinated or hanged (like Roberts), let Ade die in battle. Now let's see if he will be in the game then.

Come on Ubisoft, get those Rogue trailers out now.

SlyTrooper
08-16-2014, 12:16 AM

No. You know you want to kill him, but, like most people, you have learned to oppress your innate racist intent.

I'm out.

SlyTrooper
08-16-2014, 12:19 AM
Just a good death will be fine, IMO. Not air assassinated or hanged (like Roberts), let Ade die in battle. Now let's see if he will be in the game then.

Come on Ubisoft, get those Rogue trailers out now.

I want Ade to know Shay beforehand if he is going to be killed. I think it will give Ade a meaningful death & save it from being added in for no reason. Ade is a brilliant character & deserves a death that actually is important.

HDinHB
08-16-2014, 12:23 AM
And not a QTE like Haymitch or CHARLES LEE! either. A fair fight (as fair as a fight with an inevitable outcome can be anyway).

@Mayrice, I'm thinking an orphanage for Assassin kids might be pretty full. Seems to be a pretty common characteristic.

Shahkulu101
08-16-2014, 12:26 AM
We chase him down in a lame chase sequence, he jumps on his ship, we jump on our ship, we chase him down and damage his ship till we can board. When we board the ship a cutscene interrupts our game and he and Adewale talk **** at each other then Haytham gets bored and just shoots Adewale and Shay shouts 'no, he was a good man. We could have reasoned with him' cause like he feels bad cause Adewale lived a hard life and saved the slaves but Haytham says he was a brash unreasonable brute and Shay reluctantly agrees and walks up to Adewale for a heartfelt white room speech about how Shay was once brash and full of revenge but now believes what he does is right and that he's sorry he had to take his life.

END CREDITS

SixKeys
08-16-2014, 12:41 AM
I would just like to say some of the gifs in here are disgusting and I hope the people posting them get banned.

DumbGamerTag94
08-16-2014, 12:42 AM
Quite frankly I don't care because I'm sick of having every tiny bit of every assassin's life shown. I would have been happy with my own headcanon about how Adewale may or may not have died. I don't need to see Achilles' early life. The more you know about a character, the less mysterious they become. I like Achilles precisely because we don't know* exactly what made him so bitter and cynical. I don't want to see him as an idealistic young man or whatever. And I don't need to see Adewale's death on-screen. Heck, I'd be happier if some of the assassins died under completely non-mysterious circumstances, like slipping in the shower. Even Ezio's death is debated because of the mysterious stranger who showed up in his last moments. I hope Connor died from dysentery or falling off a horse or something otherwise mundane. Not every death has to be heroic or shocking.

* Well, we know, but we didn't see it happen.

Personally I like knowing how they die. I don't like to know about their birth or their childhood as we got with Ezio and Connor. But I do like knowing about their careers as assassins and how they die. And of course they have a tendency to die under mysterious circumstances or violently. Their way of life tends to cause that.

But not all of them die in some crazy way. Achilles died of old age in bed at the homestead. And we don't know yet how Connor dies it could be similar.

HDinHB
08-16-2014, 12:43 AM
@Shahkulu101

Did you get a leaked copy?

That would be a total **** move by Haymitch...perfectly in character.

Namikaze_17
08-16-2014, 12:45 AM
^ I actually see this happening.....

JustPlainQuirky
08-16-2014, 12:48 AM
We chase him down in a lame chase sequence, he jumps on his ship, we jump on our ship, we chase him down and damage his ship till we can board. When we board the ship a cutscene interrupts our game and he and Adewale talk **** at each other then Haytham gets bored and just shoots Adewale and Shay shouts 'no, he was a good man. We could have reasoned with him' cause like he feels bad cause Adewale lived a hard life and saved the slaves but Haytham says he was a brash unreasonable brute and Shay reluctantly agrees and walks up to Adewale for a heartfelt white room speech about how Shay was once brash and full of revenge but now believes what he does is right and that he's sorry he had to take his life.

END CREDITS

hahahahahaaha pretty much

but I doubt he'll be the final battle in the game.

Shahkulu101
08-16-2014, 12:49 AM
@Shahkulu101

Did you get a leaked copy?

That would be a total **** move by Haymitch...perfectly in character.

Lol I was just bored and decided to ramble a bit but thanks. :p

Dome500
08-16-2014, 12:49 AM
Not really.
I never played Freedom Cry.

reddragonhrcro
08-16-2014, 12:51 AM
Will be GTAV all over again, was mad about it that Trevor killed Johnny(GTA The Lost And Damned protagonist)

It will be sad obviously.

HDinHB
08-16-2014, 01:02 AM
Will be GTAV all over again, was mad about it that **** ****ed ****

It will be sad obviously.
Have you heard of spoiler tags? Sheesh

j/k :p

reddragonhrcro
08-16-2014, 01:05 AM
Whoops, forgot about that, game has been out for a year but yeah some people haven't played it yet so going to edit it.

HDinHB
08-16-2014, 01:23 AM
Whoops, forgot about that, game has been out for a year but yeah some people haven't played it yet so going to edit it.

I was kidding. I think there is statute of limitations on spoilers.

It's for TV, but
http://s2.r29static.com/bin/entry/116/x,80/1229127/spoilers-infographic-white-1.jpg

Locopells
08-16-2014, 03:20 AM
Well don't forget people like me who are waiting for the PC version...

Anywhoo, yeah, death of Adewale would be sad, IMO.

LoyalACFan
08-16-2014, 03:31 AM
I'm fully expecting Rogue to be like the DLC for the Force Unleashed where you're forced to play as an emo twerp and murder your favorite characters.

Legendz54
08-16-2014, 03:59 AM
All we know is that Adewale was murdered in 1758 and Rogue takes place in that time 1754 - 1763, I am almost sure Shay will either witness this or have some part in his death.

Jexx21
08-16-2014, 04:10 AM
Rogue actually takes place from 1752-1761

The seven years' war takes place from 1754-1763 (well, the actual "war" part took place from 56 to 63, but it technically started in 54)

DumbGamerTag94
08-16-2014, 04:18 AM
I'm not entirely sure why the game would end in 1761 when the war ends in 1763. That doesn't seem to make sense to me. Especially since through the demos it's been made very clear that the Templars are allied with the British and have some interest in them winning the war. It would seem odd if the game ended sooner than the war.

And as for the so called "7 years war" in North America where the war actually started the colonies of France and Britian were in a de facto state of war for 2-3 years before it spread to Europe. With open armed conflict occurring in North America as early as 1754. That's a 9-10 year war for the American colonists. It was only a 7 year war for the Europeans. That's why I hate calling it by the European name "7 years war" and prefer to use the American name for the war. The "French and Indian War". Since 7 years is nowhere near accurate unless you are talking about the European theatre.

Jexx21
08-16-2014, 04:25 AM
I'm guessing that it's because the war isn't the story and it's just the background to the story. Or maybe Shay dies at the end.

DumbGamerTag94
08-16-2014, 04:26 AM
Unlesssss........

What if Shays story only ends in 1761. Perhaps he dies. And the last few sequences we play as our old pal Haytham? Thus explaining why Shay wasn't a part of the final collapse of the colonial assassins and why Haytham got all the credit and was the one to let Achilles go into hiding.

Mystery solved! You're welcome everyone! Haha

Stealth Gamer92
08-16-2014, 05:00 AM

Pleas no! I want the assassins to betray both Ade and Shay. Frame Shay for some major Creed violation so Ade and Shay fight to the death. Then after killing Ade in self deffence Shay becomes Assassin enemy number one. Thus completeing Shays betrayel.

Fatal-Feit
08-16-2014, 05:00 AM
Unlesssss........

What if Shays story only ends in 1761. Perhaps he dies. And the last few sequences we play as our old pal Haytham? Thus explaining why Shay wasn't a part of the final collapse of the colonial assassins and why Haytham got all the credit and was the one to let Achilles go into hiding.

Ubisoft just sent a hitman after you.

Stealth Gamer92
08-16-2014, 05:33 AM
Unlesssss........

I really don't like the idea of being stuck as Haytham post-game, but have to admit this sound's highly logical.....Live long and prosper, Haytham.

Ooops he dead. :p

LoyalACFan
08-16-2014, 05:35 AM
I really don't like the idea of being stuck as Haytham post-game, but have to admit this sound's highly logical.....Live long and prosper, Haytham.

Ooops he dead. :p

Haytham is one trillion percent cooler than Shay. Screw the air rifle.

Namikaze_17
08-16-2014, 05:36 AM
I willing to bet Shay dies before AC3...

Or Alternative...

Shay lives, retires, lives in peaceful secluded area, has Elise, and either get killed by Connor or dies peacefully.

But we'll have to wait and see. ;)

HiddenKiller612
08-16-2014, 05:41 AM
AC isn't the series for fairytale endings... Shays gonna go out choking on his own blood.

DumbGamerTag94
08-16-2014, 05:44 AM
Well either way my money is on Shay dying before the events of AC3. Thus why no mentions of him during the fall of the assassins(1763) and during the American revolution. Shay most likely dies in 1761 when our game is supposed to "end".

I bet the remaining gap specifically the events around the final collapse of the Assassins in 1763 will be shown at the end of AC Rogue via Haytham or perhaps through the point of view of Achilles. If not in the final sequences then VERY LIKELY in DLC. Although I'd personally prefer during a few closing sequences. And then a Connor themed DLC. To just fully wrap up everything for the Kenway Saga.

Either way this theory makes wayyyy more sense then a giant time leap at the end and Connor hunting down an elderly Shay who somehow managed not to be mentioned in AC3 even though supposedly living til the 1780s-90s. That's far fetched. I bet Shay died in 1761

Fatal-Feit
08-16-2014, 05:48 AM
Maybe Shay kills Haytham and steals his identity.

Stealth Gamer92
08-16-2014, 05:49 AM
Haytham is one trillion percent cooler than Shay. Screw the air rifle.

Haytham is just so...british. No but seriously I think the opposite so I hope we can agree to disagree.

P.S. Never underestimate a good weapon, and for its time the air rifle was an accurat and quiet weapon perfect for stealth..

JustPlainQuirky
08-16-2014, 05:50 AM
AC isn't the series for fairytale endings... Shays gonna go out choking on his own blood.

Ain't that the truth.

Namikaze_17
08-16-2014, 05:53 AM

Ezio says hi... ;)

Nah, Jk.

LoyalACFan
08-16-2014, 12:27 PM
Haytham is just so...british. No but seriously I think the opposite so I hope we can agree to disagree.

P.S. Never underestimate a good weapon, and for its time the air rifle was an accurat and quiet weapon perfect for stealth..

The air rifle is ridiculous in this game though, I don't even think it fires bullets. It's essentially just a reskinned blowpipe. Actually, it looks like you can pretty much pick out any one detail from Rogue and it'll be a reskinned SOMETHING from AC3 or AC4.

Ugh, I want to hate this game so bad but deep down I know I'm gonna buy it...

jayjay275
08-16-2014, 03:25 PM
Whilst escaping on his ship, Adewale spots a hurricane and shouts, "Hurricane!" and Shay shouts, "JAYSUS!". The hurricane sucks Adewale up and Robert Faulkner says, "I'll be betwattled."

After a sad moment, Shay takes over the Aquila but then it sinks. A drunken Faulkner says, "This is my ship you muckworm and stabs shay in the back."

END CREDITS.

pacmanate
08-16-2014, 03:41 PM
The air rifle is ridiculous in this game though, I don't even think it fires bullets. It's essentially just a reskinned blowpipe. Actually, it looks like you can pretty much pick out any one detail from Rogue and it'll be a reskinned SOMETHING from AC3 or AC4.

Ugh, I want to hate this game so bad but deep down I know I'm gonna buy it...

Air Rifle is blowpipe, blunderbuss, and Ezios hand for throwing bombs.

SlyTrooper
08-16-2014, 10:40 PM
Air Rifle is blowpipe, blunderbuss, and Ezios hand for throwing bombs.

I actually like it for those very reasons. It's useful for all situations.

StocktonBrawler
08-16-2014, 11:33 PM
Will I care? Not necessarily, I personally thought that Adewale was a subpar character to be honest. I think Shay's mutiny and murder of Adewale will definitely do tons for Shay's character development and it will really demonstrate his growing commitment to the Templar cause. All in all, I do think it's pretty cool. I'm wondering how he might murder him though? I think forcing Adewale to walk the plank would be badass albeit not very historically accurate.

I know that a number of fans have been complaining about the repetitiveness of the Kenway saga games, but Rogue seems so much more interesting because we're finally experiencing life as a templar and their creed so to speak. What makes it even more interesting is that this is taking place during the purge, seeing how indomitable the Templars were during this period is going to be very,very interesting to say the least. To be honest, annihilating the order seems really, really awesome.

I'm interested in how they'll tackle the ending, considering that (a) this is the final game in the Kenway saga and (b) it ties directly into unity. I'm wondering how they'll end it all. Will Shay murder Connor in the end because he murdered Haytham?* Will he murder Elise's father in Unity? Is he going to be part of the new order of Templars that you battle against in Unity? I don't know, all I know is that I can't wait for rogue!

* I'm well aware that this game takes place during the seven years war, but it could be possible that an epilogue takes place where a much older Shay (late 60's, early 70's) eradicates the remnants of the American Assassins, most notably Connor. I think by having Shay kill him off, it would end the saga cleanly and Segway into Arno's saga perfectly. The real question is whether this will be part of the main game, or DLC. But I honestly doubt Rogue will get a dlc campaign, being that the majority of the resources are going to unity.

StocktonBrawler
08-16-2014, 11:35 PM
So is it confirmed that the air rifle fires actual bullets and shot? I thought it only fired non-lethal projectiles.

Wolfmeister1010
08-16-2014, 11:38 PM
The air rifle is stupid as hell. AIR. RIFLE.

I sold my 360 so I can't buy it until it comes for PC. By then I probably would have watched a play through anyway

Shahkulu101
08-16-2014, 11:40 PM
The air rifle is stupid as hell. AIR. RIFLE.

I sold my 360 so I can't buy it until it comes for PC. By then I probably would have watched a play through anyway

except air rifles exist

JustPlainQuirky
08-16-2014, 11:42 PM
Remember when this thread was about Adewale?

Good times.

I-Like-Pie45
08-16-2014, 11:43 PM
He should die.

Hahahahahaha worthless pirate's boy

Shahkulu101
08-16-2014, 11:44 PM
Remember when this thread was about Adewale?

Good times.

Jesus man every time one of your threads go off topic for even the slightest thing crap hits the fan. There's been like two posts that aren't related to Adewale.

Sheesh.

JustPlainQuirky
08-16-2014, 11:52 PM
Jesus man every time one of your threads go off topic for even the slightest thing crap hits the fan. There's been like two posts that aren't related to Adewale.

Sheesh.

Sorry.

Ever since my off-topic debacle with mods I've been pretty nitpicky in regards to off-topic-ness.

tho i assure you I try to keep it on topic in threads outside my own.

Shahkulu101
08-16-2014, 11:54 PM
Nah, 'tis fine.

For the record I think killing Adewale will indeed be a lame chase sequence in which he jumps into his ship and we jump into ours and then we board his ship and kill him.

JustPlainQuirky
08-16-2014, 11:58 PM
Yeah just thinking about the boring chase sequence makes me groan.

AC always lacked 'good' chase sequences IMO

Fatal-Feit
08-17-2014, 12:01 AM
Ships are the best kind of boss battles the franchise can dish out, TBH.

Shahkulu101
08-17-2014, 12:05 AM
Ships are the best kind of boss battles the franchise can dish out, TBH.

Would be kind of awesome if fighting the Experto Crede was legendary ship difficulty tier. Adewale was the Jackdaw's first mate after all.

StocktonBrawler
08-17-2014, 12:09 AM
Nah, 'tis fine.

For the record I think killing Adewale will indeed be a lame chase sequence in which he jumps into his ship and we jump into ours and then we board his ship and kill him.

Sadly it will be exactly like this. I would much rather a dramatic cutscene, depicting Adewale's execution mainly because like you said, if they followed the usual formula it would be pretty boring.

Would be kind of awesome if fighting the Experto Crede was legendary ship difficulty tier. Adewale was the Jackdaw's first mate after all.

That would be cool, but isn't there a chance that the Morrigan is actually the Experto Crede? Shay is a member of Ade's crew, and it would stand to reason that Shay would merely alter and customize Ade's former ship than buy a new ship entirely. Am I making any sense?

Shahkulu101
08-17-2014, 12:13 AM
That would be cool, but isn't there a chance that the Morrigan is actually the Experto Crede? Shay is a member of Ade's crew, and it would stand to reason that Shay would merely alter and customize Ade's former ship than buy a new ship entirely. Am I making any sense?

That's plausible actually, the rumor was that he stole his ship. So maybe that's the case.

But Adewale dies several years after the game begins so maybe not...

Fatal-Feit
08-17-2014, 12:15 AM

I don't recall Shay being a former member of Adewale's crew and the Experto Crede is as big as the Jackdaw so I doubt it's the same ship.

StocktonBrawler
08-17-2014, 12:23 AM
That's plausible actually, the rumor was that he stole his ship. So maybe that's the case.

But Adewale dies several years after the game begins so maybe not...

Well, you are an Assassin for close to half of the game. It stands to reason that Shay finally grew tired of Ade after several years under his banner.

Regardless, I can't wait to play it. It sounds kind of messed up, but I'm interested in seeing how and why Shay finally kills him. Do you think Adewale tried to kill him? Or maybe he led the mutiny aboard the Experto crede because Adewale was simply an indecisive and ineffective leader?

Shahkulu101
08-17-2014, 12:25 AM
Well, you are an Assassin for close to half of the game. It stands to reason that Shay finally grew tired of Ade after several years under his banner.

Regardless, I can't wait to play it. It sounds kind of messed up, but I'm interested in seeing how and why Shay finally kills him. Do you think Adewale tried to kill him? Or maybe he led the mutiny aboard the Experto crede because Adewale was simply an indecisive and ineffective leader?

I don't think we'll be a member of a ship crew for half a game. That would be kind of lame - we'll have our own ship from the off probably.

Namikaze_17
08-17-2014, 12:36 AM
Yes, I doubt we'll be a member of his ship...

Perhaps it'll start with an Assassination mission with Shay and some "fellow" brothers that goes wrong...

Stealth Gamer92
08-17-2014, 12:49 AM
What if Ade is the one teacing Shay to be an assassin and giving Shay tip's on sailing. Then on a mission Ade dies and it was only Ade and Shay on the mission so the assassin's think Shay was responsible for Ade's death(either directly or indirectly). So they issue a contract on Shay, the assassin who takes it fails but gives Shay his scar. betrayel and we don't have to kill Ade.

How would Shay shrink the Experto Creed? The Morrigan is noticeably smaller.

StocktonBrawler
08-17-2014, 12:52 AM
I don't think we'll be a member of a ship crew for half a game. That would be kind of lame - we'll have our own ship from the off probably.

When does Edward finally get his own ship in AC4 (where you're completely free to explore the carribbean) ? Was it the third or fourth sequence? I suspect that the majority of the time spent up until Shay becomes a Templar will be dedicated to his time in New York City. In other words, for the earlier portion of the game, Shay will be on land and he won't have a ship until Shay massacres Adewale. I don't know, but it makes sense to me.

On another note, has the frontier been confirmed at all? Or is it only NYC?

What if Ade is the one teacing Shay to be an assassin and giving Shay tip's on sailing. Then on a mission Ade dies and it was only Ade and Shay on the mission so the assassin's think Shay was responsible for Ade's death(either directly or indirectly). So they issue a contract on Shay, the assassin who takes it fails but gives Shay his scar. betrayel and we don't have to kill Ade.

How would Shay shrink the Experto Creed? The Morrigan is noticeably smaller.

True, but you can always alter the boat to how you see fit. It wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that Shay has the Experto Crede's hull altered drastically.

Stealth Gamer92
08-17-2014, 12:57 AM
True, but you can always alter the boat to how you see fit. It wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that Shay has the Experto Crede's hull altered drastically.

True, though it still seem's like it'd still be cheaper to just get/buy the smaller ship in the fist place.

SlyTrooper
08-17-2014, 12:57 AM
Well, you are an Assassin for close to half of the game.

You just made that up on the spot. They said we get to be an Assassin for a decent amount of the game, not half of it.

StocktonBrawler
08-17-2014, 02:08 AM
True, though it still seem's like it'd still be cheaper to just get/buy the smaller ship in the fist place.

Yeah, you do you have a pointl

HDinHB
08-17-2014, 03:15 AM

Sheesh.

2 posts? I must be mistaken...I thought this was the thread that had 3-4 pages of racist crap that weren't related to anything. Besides, if the OP or anyone else wants to try to keep a thread on topic, more power to them. May's mild admonishment wasn't remotely crap hitting the fan.

*pats self down* Nope, no crap on me.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/s6rXNl-Uf-c/maxresdefault.jpg

Shahkulu101
08-17-2014, 03:22 AM
2 posts? I must be mistaken...I thought this was the thread that had 3-4 pages of racist crap that weren't related to anything. Besides, if the OP or anyone else wants to try to keep a thread on topic, more power to them. May's mild admonishment wasn't remotely crap hitting the fan.

*pats self down* Nope, no crap on me.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/s6rXNl-Uf-c/maxresdefault.jpg

Well that was after that stuff happened. And I thought she was referring to the one post by wolf mocking the fact AC Rogue had an air rifle and mocked the very idea of one existing and my reply saying that air rifles did in fact exist.

Anyway this is off topic so time for obligatory OT post: I do believe that Shay will show sympathy towards Adewale. Due in part to the fact they were friends and because Adewale lived a scarred life as an African member of colonial society - however he will make the hard decision to kill him. Speculation of course.

HDinHB
08-17-2014, 04:15 AM
I do believe that Shay will show sympathy towards Adewale. Due in part to the fact they were friends and because Adewale lived a scarred life as an African member of colonial society - however he will make the hard decision to kill him. Speculation of course.

I expect Ubi with handle this tastefully and with respect. I'd prefer Shay and the Templars don't pity him as someone else suggested. Bah, there's no good way to pick for someone else to die.

JustPlainQuirky
11-16-2014, 01:43 AM
Rogue spoiler

So how did you guys feel about Ade's death? :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
11-16-2014, 01:50 AM
Sad really...

Though it was kinda weak...expected more from his death speech.

But the interaction he had with Haytham was sad. :(

MakimotoJin
11-16-2014, 02:31 AM
Important characters fights are always bad.
Since there were too many enemies,and the optional objective was to kill only Ade,I was forced to use a smoke bomb and one-hit kill him.I expected something more from the speech as well.Maybe talk a little bit about the Assassins and stuff.

wvstolzing
11-16-2014, 02:52 AM
Rogue spoiler

So how did you guys feel about Ade's death? :rolleyes:

It was fanfic-quality, like the rest of Rogue's writing.

MakimotoJin
11-16-2014, 02:53 AM

Almost everything.You know.....fanfics....Haytham....

JustPlainQuirky
11-16-2014, 02:55 AM

just the way I like it. :rolleyes: