PDA

View Full Version : So Ubisoft is leaving the 18th century?

DynastyEmpire
08-15-2014, 03:56 PM
So what do you think about this, i think it's a great idea after all there's been 5 games for both eras.

So far we been to the crusades era with altair & ezio.

Crusades
Altair= Assassin's creed 1, Assassin's creed bloodlines & Assassin's creed Altair chronicles.

Italian Renaissance
Ezio= Assassin's creed 2, Assassin's creed Brotherhood & Revelations.

American Revolution
Haythem & connor= Assassin's creed 3, Tyranny of king Washington & liberation.

The golden age of piracy
Edward, Adewale & shay= Assassin's creed 4 black flag, Freedom cry & assassin's creed rogue.

The French Revolution=
Arno= Assassin's creed unity & Napoleon wars arc(maybe).

So what do you think where they go next into the 19th century or back in time(which would be the better choice)

We can't go too far into the 19th century where it would eventually lead into vehicles & such.

So where should they go next?

Stealth Gamer92
08-15-2014, 04:03 PM
The roman empire! I wanna kill Julias Cesar!

ze_topazio
08-15-2014, 04:15 PM
The roman empire! I wanna kill Julias Cesar!

Julias? Julius forgotten twin sister?

It's been already established that Julius Caesar was killed by Brutus, Brutus is a historical character so we obviously won't control him.

Stealth Gamer92
08-15-2014, 04:21 PM
Julias? Julius forgotten twin sister?

It's been already established that Julius Caesar was killed by Brutus, Brutus is a historical character so we obviously won't control him.

What if Brutus was framed? No but seriously I would like to play in that era, though I knew like you said it was Brutus who killed Cesar. Romans were such badass at fighters.

Julius my computer auto corrected me caus its so smart.*sarcasm*

ze_topazio
08-15-2014, 04:33 PM
What if Brutus was framed? No but seriously I would like to play in that era, though I knew like you said it was Brutus who killed Cesar. Romans were such badass at fighters.

Julius my computer auto corrected me caus its so smart.*sarcasm*

Framed by who? Brutus was an Assassin and Caesar was a Templar.

edit: checking the wikia, there's actually nothing there about Caesar being a Templar, my mistake, sorry about that, although he was being supported by them.

Stealth Gamer92
08-15-2014, 04:38 PM
Framed by who? Brutus was an Assassin and Caesar was a Templar.

Didn't know that. If it was in a book ACB or ACR I havent had the cash to get them yet. Or AC1 for that matter. :(

ze_topazio
08-15-2014, 04:42 PM
It was info revealed in Brotherhood side missions.

Stealth Gamer92
08-15-2014, 04:45 PM
It was info revealed in Brotherhood side missions.

Cool. Looking forward to getting it that much more then.

marvelfannumber
08-15-2014, 04:59 PM
Hmmm I don't think Caesar's Rome had enough interesting buildings (with the exception of some of the buildings in the Forum and the Circus Maximus) to climb, maybe if you went to Alexandria too, but I dunno.

Post-Augustus Rome would be far superior IMO.

I-Like-Pie45
08-15-2014, 05:04 PM
Assassin's Creed: Iconoclasm

Written by acclaimed comic book writer Garth Ennis (Preacher, Crossed, Punisher MAX, etc), this exciting game set in the first century deals with a Roman Assassin traveling from the capital to Jerusalem to assassinate a Templar using the Apple of Eden to perform miracles to manipulate the masses along with his twelve lieutenants.

ze_topazio
08-15-2014, 05:22 PM
Hmmm I don't think Caesar's Rome had enough interesting buildings (with the exception of some of the buildings in the Forum and the Circus Maximus) to climb, maybe if you went to Alexandria too, but I dunno.

Post-Augustus Rome would be far superior IMO.

I agree with that, if we are going to see Roman Rome I would like to see the city at its best, perhaps around the time of Commodus when the Roman Empire began to decline or maybe later at the time of Constantine when the Roman Empire had a temporary time of greatness again, but Constantine time no longer had that full classic feel perhaps.

marvelfannumber
08-15-2014, 05:30 PM
@Ze

I think the time of Hadrian might work well if you want that full classical Roman feel with enough interesting buildings. By that time almost all the most famous buildings and monuments were built.

Caesar's Rome just seems really boring IMO, I mean what buildings would there be to climb aside frome Insula and a few random temples?

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 05:56 PM
misleading title is misleading

(unless there's confirmation from Ubi I don't know about)

Stealth Gamer92
08-15-2014, 06:04 PM
Just to clarfy incase I was misunderstood. My suggestion was the Roman Empire and not the rule of a specific emporor. I said Cesar as a joke due to knowing who killed him, though I didn't know he was an assassin in AC lore.

DynastyEmpire
08-15-2014, 06:15 PM
misleading title is misleading

(unless there's confirmation from Ubi I don't know about)

They did actually said there leaving the 18th century with the french revolution & Assassin's creed rogue will also complete the kenway saga as well.

DynastyEmpire
08-15-2014, 06:18 PM
You have your answer

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/33/1408116483-ac2.jpg

i do remember that list ,but ubisoft said alot of those were fan requests if i recall right.

they ain't defiantly ain't going to the 20th century unless they go through & manage to pull it off with all the settings which will eventually lead into world wars which has vehicles & such.

Sesheenku
08-16-2014, 06:05 AM
I really REALLY want China. So bad lol.

LoyalACFan
08-16-2014, 12:19 PM
You have your answer

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/33/1408116483-ac2.jpg

This was fan service, Darby McDevitt already said so. Don't take this as confirmation of a hippie-era AC :rolleyes:

I'm sort of done with the 1700s myself, but I've recently been toying with the idea of an Arno/Elise Assassin/Templar co-op game. You would switch between them at will like in GTA5 and each would have some of their own missions and some together, but you could choose to enter co-op with other players playing as either Arno OR Elise. So no more gender inequality complaints, hurray. So yeah, I'm now torn as to whether I want them to move straight onto Imperial China or Victorian London as I wished before, or stick with the late 1700s/early 1800s for one more game to wrap up Arno and Elise's story in the Napoleonic Era.

This is of course implying that Elise doesn't die in the end of Unity, which she totally will :nonchalance:

pacmanate
08-16-2014, 12:35 PM
I really want to see the American Midwest for an AC game. I don't think they could have done it on last gen consoles, but now I do think with the new consoles and revamped engine, they could rival Red Dead redemption.

Only problem would be the vast open areas of... well, nothing

LatinaC09
08-17-2014, 02:03 AM
I'm confused. Why don't people want an AC game set in WW1, WW2 or anything in the 19 or 20 century? It's not as if there weren't assassins in these time periods. Just because there are guns and vehicles doesn't mean that the assassins weren't there. People really believe this will turn into a shooter game? The assassins (no matter what century or era they are in) must practice some sort of stealth to go about their assassination missions. Remember they work in the dark to serve the light. Obviously the gameplay would change but it could be a nice change. I would like to see these eras explored someday.

LoyalACFan
08-17-2014, 03:30 AM
I'm confused. Why don't people want an AC game set in WW1, WW2 or anything in the 19 or 20 century? It's not as if there weren't assassins in these time periods. Just because there are guns and vehicles doesn't mean that the assassins weren't there. People really believe this will turn into a shooter game? The assassins (no matter what century or era they are in) must practice some sort of stealth to go about their assassination missions. Remember they work in the dark to serve the light. Obviously the gameplay would change but it could be a nice change. I would like to see these eras explored someday.

Because there are already a million 20th century third-person shooters out there. And yes, it WOULD turn into a shooter, or a Splinter Cell/Metal Gear ripoff. You can't have a modern-era stealth/action game without heavy use of automatic guns and vehicles, otherwise you wind up with something as ridiculous as the Abstergo infiltration mission in AC3.

ze_topazio
08-17-2014, 03:47 AM
Because it's too modern, part of this franchise appeal is seeing past cultures and civilizations and how people and things looked liked back then, 20th century we have photos and videos and life in general have not changed that much since the time of WW2.