PDA

View Full Version : I'm done with Ubisoft

cpt_freedom
08-15-2014, 07:52 AM
Firstly I'd like to note that this isn't an angry rant, I want legitimately express my thoughts to the community. As long time fan of Ubi and the Clancy series, I never thought It would come to this. My respect for Ubi has waned over the past several years. I tried to ignore all the controversy that was surrounding Ubi such as the draconian DRM policies, severe visual downgrades in final product, and the insane release date delays. When I bought GRFS, I was shocked to see how dumbed down and broken the game was. They delayed the game almost two years, still [poop] it up, and no word from developers. Ouch that really hurts from a company I respect. I understand that a company can [cupcake] up, and that's cool as long as they're able to fix those [horse] ups, so us consumers aren't getting boned.. Remember, EA and DICE are getting wrecked right now over the BF4 controversy by the community. Some even going to the lengths of boycotting the game. I got over this one though.

The reason why I'm posting this now is because the of this game R6 Siege. In 2012 Ubi showed us the target footage of the game R6 Patriots. Following that day we were told the game would be delayed again....and again...and again all while being kept in the dark. Which I find odd, because they took pre-orders for the game. It shows they were certainly ready to take people's money. As you know they scraped that game, and told us about their new project, but WAIT here's the kicker: It's next gen only! So all that wait for game you can only play if you're willing spend an extra $400. Go [jello] yourself Ubi seriously kiss my [yellow]. What a [rose] kick in the teeth. You do realize that next gen consoles haven't even been out for a year, and you're already expecting us to buy one in order to play new releases?

Ladies and Gentlemen this company has failed miserably at making adequate and rational decisions over the years. They have only shown blatant unscrupulous behavior towards its consumers. My agenda is not to discredit Ubi, but maybe influence others to realize the [poppy] of this company. Believe me I'm not the first to express this belief. I have many other issues with this company, but posting that here won't solve anything. I'm done with this company....probably gaming too.

GhostLeader-
08-15-2014, 11:26 AM
I 100% agree with you man but I told Ubisoft straight up in the forums here that if they $#&$ up on this product like they did in GRFS this will be the last time I will buy from this company regardless of what gaming system or console their future games come out on. This is time for their redemption and their one last shot IMO!

RedKnight5
08-15-2014, 06:08 PM
These are only my opinions to your post... with great respect to you Sir. Please don't take this as a shot at you. But for me... I would not want to be in the nightmare world of making video games today for the Next-Gen consoles and PCs.

Firstly I'd like to note that this isn't an angry rant, I want legitimately express my thoughts to the community. As long time fan of Ubi and the Clancy series, I never thought It would come to this. My respect for Ubi has waned over the past several years. I tried to ignore all the controversy that was surrounding Ubi such as the draconian DRM policies, severe visual downgrades in final product, and the insane release date delays. When I bought GRFS, I was shocked to see how dumbed down and broken the game was. They delayed the game almost two years, still [poop] it up, and no word from developers. Ouch that really hurts from a company I respect. I understand that a company can [cupcake] up, and that's cool as long as they're able to fix those [horse] ups, so us consumers aren't getting boned.. Remember, EA and DICE are getting wrecked right now over the BF4 controversy by the community. Some even going to the lengths of boycotting the game. I got over this one though.

**** As for the "draconian DRM policies": Restrictive EA and DICE have eased up on their DRM policies on BF3 and BF4. This is an issue that only puts "Game Customers" against the "Game Publishers & Developers". We as their customers and players, aren't trying to steal their games away from them. The thousands of Homemade player videos today on YouTube and Twitch... help to sell BF3 and BF4 games. Many of my console friends have bought BF3 and BF4, just because they were so impressed with a game video they found on YouTube. See my example below (*). Rainbow6 games are a nitch product, much like the past SOCOM games were... and will never sell as many game disks as a COD or a Battlefield will. So UbiSoft needs to give us the video tools we need... to help promote RB6 Siege and hopefully sell a few more million RB6 game disks for them.

The reason why I'm posting this now is because the of this game R6 Siege. In 2012 Ubi showed us the target footage of the game R6 Patriots. Following that day we were told the game would be delayed again....and again...and again all while being kept in the dark. Which I find odd, because they took pre-orders for the game. It shows they were certainly ready to take people's money. As you know they scraped that game, and told us about their new project, but WAIT here's the kicker: It's next gen only! So all that wait for game you can only play if you're willing spend an extra $400. Go [jello] yourself Ubi seriously kiss my [yellow]. What a [rose] kick in the teeth. You do realize that next gen consoles haven't even been out for a year, and you're already expecting us to buy one in order to play new releases?

*** Yes... I also remember RB6 Patriots and the game trailer videos. I couldn't wait to buy Patriots. But if you've read the game business reports from Wallstreet and other investor magazines as I do ... you will see Game publishers and game developers are bleeding money and profits today. One bad game making project, that could take 15 to 80 million dollars to produce, could take down the game developer completely. Remember SOCOM4 and Zipper's history? A Next-Gen console and PC game today, could take more money to produce, than a Hollywood movie!! If that movie bombs in the theaters with the public... a Movie studio could go under.

UbiSoft has also bled money and has been in the same position in the game business. UbiSoft is bigger... and can take a few bad game mistakes and keep going... for now. They produce, promote and support many past and current game titles... and their Board of Directors and Investors expect profits... not failures. If UbiSoft saw that RB6 Patriots was going to fail... it was a wise decision to pull the plug and take the time to make an RB6 that gamers will buy. And as for "Next-Gen Only" games... that's where the game market is going. It could be business suicide for a game developer today... to make and support a game for all last-gen consoles and PCs, as well as the new Next-Gen consoles and PCs of today. It just costs to much to make and support them all now. UbiSoft made a wise decision to look to the future of gaming... and leave the past behind. IMO.

Ladies and Gentlemen this company has failed miserably at making adequate and rational decisions over the years. They have only shown blatant unscrupulous behavior towards its consumers. My agenda is not to discredit Ubi, but maybe influence others to realize the [poppy] of this company. Believe me I'm not the first to express this belief. I have many other issues with this company, but posting that here won't solve anything. I'm done with this company....probably gaming too.

*** I understand your frustrations with a big company like UbiSoft, EA/DICE, Activision and all the rest. They aren't in business to piss off and disrespect their customers. I run a business too. And sometimes I have to make decisions that some of my customers don't like. But I can't hold on to the past to please some customers... and cut my throat at the same time making a decision I know would kill a product line or my business. I'm sure UbiSoft has to make hard decisions like this also. I'd rather see a new and fresh Rainbow6 made for me to buy, even if it's not like the past Rainbows... than see UbiSoft decide to never make another Rainbow6 game again.

I see a Rainbow6 game, as a "Nitch" game product... much like the old SOCOM games were. RB6 games will never sell as many copies as a COD or Battlefield will. So UbiSoft has to balance their development funds, future profits and their Board of Directors and Investors, that could decide to kill the Rainbow6 franchise forever. It's been a long time since the last RB6. I almost gave up hoping for another one to be made. Siege may not be the same RB6 as I've played in the past... but I'll pre-order it and hope Ubi puts out a great product for me.

Many SOCOM players gave up all gaming after the horrible SOCOM4 release. My entire Socom Clan membership did... because the ONLY game they played was Socom. Socom brought them to online console gaming in the first place. When Socom4 died... it also killed it's Developer Zipper and both are now game history. I don't want that to happen with a new Rainbow6 game! Hard decisions and compromises must be made, when making and publishing a new Next-Gen/PC game. I hope UbiSoft can come through for us.

I urge you not to give up online gaming totally like many of my friends did after Socom4. The Next-Gen consoles and PCs have some great games now... and many more in 2015 to come.

(*) UbiSoft, Ease up on the DRM issues. This game made video, produced in BF3 on a PC, has always been one of my favorites!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr3gpMtYKcM

Dome500
08-15-2014, 10:25 PM
How is a developer supposed to evolve a game if he is not allowed to make full use of next gen hardware? I mean come on, next gen just brings more opportunities and last gen holds those capabilities, those options back.

I appreciate that Ubisoft even thought of last gen and brought AC Rogue for those who have no next gen consoles yet. Plus Ubisoft did bring Splinter Cell Blacklist to last gen only.
It's been 1 year. 1 year is enough (no matter how much you earn, IF you have a job) to save 400 bucks, and to be honest, if you can not afford a next gen console then you can probably not afford a lot of games either. So basically, either you get yourself a medium gamer PC for the same price, which brings advantages such as lower game prices in general, and also probably holds until the next generation if you buy the right hardware, or you overthink your hobby gaming.

Look man, I understand not everyone wants a next gen console from the get-go. I also understand it needs time to save enough money.
But if Ubisoft continues to make games for both generations EVERY time, then there is no incentive at all to buy a new console.

I mean, you could blame Rocksteady for Arkham Knight, CD Project for The Witcher 3. All those games come to next gen only. Because the capabilities are just higher, the creative vision can be pushed further. Last Gen has reached its maximum of possibilities and optimization. There is not more to get from last gen then what we already had.

And that is the simple reason why a lot of games are next gen only now.
I'm not an Ubisoft defender normally, but in this case I 100% understand why they do it and I do not really understand you.

Btw: If you would have searched a little bit on the internet you would have found mutliple articles of Ubisoft stating they are delaying the R6 propject to next gen and that they started the project anew.

cpt_freedom
08-16-2014, 03:51 AM
These are only my opinions to your post... with great respect to you Sir. Please don't take this as a shot at you. But for me... I would not want to be in the nightmare world of making video games today for the Next-Gen consoles and PCs.

*** I understand your frustrations with a big company like UbiSoft, EA/DICE, Activision and all the rest. They aren't in business to piss off and disrespect their customers. I run a business too. And sometimes I have to make decisions that some of my customers don't like. But I can't hold on to the past to please some customers... and cut my throat at the same time making a decision I know would kill a product line or my business. I'm sure UbiSoft has to make hard decisions like this also. I'd rather see a new and fresh Rainbow6 made for me to buy, even if it's not like the past Rainbows... than see UbiSoft decide to never make another Rainbow6 game again.

I see a Rainbow6 game, as a "Nitch" game product... much like the old SOCOM games were. RB6 games will never sell as many copies as a COD or Battlefield will. So UbiSoft has to balance their development funds, future profits and their Board of Directors and Investors, that could decide to kill the Rainbow6 franchise forever. It's been a long time since the last RB6. I almost gave up hoping for another one to be made. Siege may not be the same RB6 as I've played in the past... but I'll pre-order it and hope Ubi puts out a great product for me.

Many SOCOM players gave up all gaming after the horrible SOCOM4 release. My entire Socom Clan membership did... because the ONLY game they played was Socom. Socom brought them to online console gaming in the first place. When Socom4 died... it also killed it's Developer Zipper and both are now game history. I don't want that to happen with a new Rainbow6 game! Hard decisions and compromises must be made, when making and publishing a new Next-Gen/PC game. I hope UbiSoft can come through for us.

I urge you not to give up online gaming totally like many of my friends did after Socom4. The Next-Gen consoles and PCs have some great games now... and many more in 2015 to come.

(*) UbiSoft, Ease up on the DRM issues. This game made video, produced in BF3 on a PC, has always been one of my favorites!!!

[removed]

By the way Clancy games shouldn't try to be competing with Cod or BF, they're completely different games.

And I never said Siege was terrible game, I think it looks great honestly.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rainbow-six-patriots-was-canceled-to-allow-for-a-next-gen-experience/1100-6420576/

P.S. I don't have a problem with EA. I'm a huge fan of the Dead Space series, and I'm currently playing BF3 :cool:

cpt_freedom
08-16-2014, 04:23 AM
How is a developer supposed to evolve a game if he is not allowed to make full use of next gen hardware? I mean come on, next gen just brings more opportunities and last gen holds those capabilities, those options back.

I appreciate that Ubisoft even thought of last gen and brought AC Rogue for those who have no next gen consoles yet. Plus Ubisoft did bring Splinter Cell Blacklist to last gen only.
It's been 1 year. 1 year is enough (no matter how much you earn, IF you have a job) to save 400 bucks, and to be honest, if you can not afford a next gen console then you can probably not afford a lot of games either. So basically, either you get yourself a medium gamer PC for the same price, which brings advantages such as lower game prices in general, and also probably holds until the next generation if you buy the right hardware, or you overthink your hobby gaming.

Look man, I understand not everyone wants a next gen console from the get-go. I also understand it needs time to save enough money.
But if Ubisoft continues to make games for both generations EVERY time, then there is no incentive at all to buy a new console.

I mean, you could blame Rocksteady for Arkham Knight, CD Project for The Witcher 3. All those games come to next gen only. Because the capabilities are just higher, the creative vision can be pushed further. Last Gen has reached its maximum of possibilities and optimization. There is not more to get from last gen then what we already had.

And that is the simple reason why a lot of games are next gen only now.
I'm not an Ubisoft defender normally, but in this case I 100% understand why they do it and I do not really understand you.

Btw: If you would have searched a little bit on the internet you would have found mutliple articles of Ubisoft stating they are delaying the R6 propject to next gen and that they started the project anew.
That's the problem you guys are jumping straight into next-gen. Remember this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu7jHLsW-5s. These problems were being reported like a week after the next-gen consoles were sold. These filthy casuals don't understand that these type of these things are going to happen with the first-gen releases. You guys expect so much, but when a small problem occurs everyone loses their ****.

Again when does money become an issue? Why should I buy a next-gen console when I have perfectly fine Xbox 360? I think I speak for most people too. The fact is most people still have current-gen consoles, so it would make sense that developers make games for both gens. If a developer makes a game next-gen only at this point they're missing a huge demographic.

Almost every game shown at E3 this year will be on current-gen, so I don't know what you're talking about :confused:.

Btw: I mentioned that in my first post....

Dome500
08-16-2014, 04:36 PM
That's the problem you guys are jumping straight into next-gen. Remember this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu7jHLsW-5s. These problems were being reported like a week after the next-gen consoles were sold. These filthy casuals don't understand that these type of these things are going to happen with the first-gen releases. You guys expect so much, but when a small problem occurs everyone loses their ****.

Only that a lot of buyers of R6 will probably not be "filthy casuals".
Also, sure this kind of things happen, but do you honestly think making the game cross-gen makes it better? Thief 2014 is a perfect example for a really technically bad game on cross-gen, and I could name a few other ones.

The problem at hand is as long as they make games for both generations the old one is holding the new one back. So either the game does not work very well on last-gen due to it's borderline demanding elements or the game is toned down and held back on current gen ("next gen") due to the specs of the last generations.

I myself am a PC gamer, I do not have that many problems with that. But hey, even I have to buy a new graphics/video card this year and probably a new processor next year.
But even though I have not a lot of money because I don't earn that much, I do not mind. It's just the way it is. the transition from old to new gen will always be a problematic time, but there is no way around that.

Again when does money become an issue? Why should I buy a next-gen console when I have perfectly fine Xbox 360?

Because gaming evolves and the games made in the last time for the Xbox360/PS3 generation already pushed the limits of what is possible with that kind of hardware?

I think I speak for most people too. The fact is most people still have current-gen consoles, so it would make sense that developers make games for both gens. If a developer makes a game next-gen only at this point they're missing a huge demographic.

Okay, first of all developers ARE still making game for the last generation (they are not called current-gen anymore btw. because now they are "last gen" (the new consoles exist 1 year now)). Just look at Assassins Creed Rouge, The Crew, Metal Gear Solid V, Destiny, Alien Isolation, Dying Light, The Evil Within, Dragon Age Inquisition, Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor, Trials: Fusion and other titles.

But after 2 - 3 years the change should - theoretically - be over and next gen should continue.

Or do you expect titles like AC4, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Watch Dogs, Batman Arkham City, The Witcher 2, etc to appear for the original Xbox or the PS2?
No you don't. Because there comes a point where the games can not possibly be pushed any further in terms of gameplay and graphics. Gameplay being the more important point of course (I couldn't care less about graphics).

Almost every game shown at E3 this year will be on current-gen, so I don't know what you're talking about

Batman Arkham Knight is next gen only, The Witcher 3 is next gen only, Assassins Creed Unity is next gen only, The Order 1886 next gen only, Uncharted 4 next gen only.

Also, what you have to consider is that R6:Siege is in ALPHA state, maybe even pre-alpha. They barely got their character models, maybe 1 or 2 maps, 1 mode (mp only so far, sp and coop planned). So the earliest time this game might be coming is at the end of 2015, if not even at the beginning, middle or end of 2016. By this time you should have a next gen console or a PC that can run the game.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-16-2014, 07:27 PM
Whilst previous gen consoles like Xbox 360 are still releasing new games, other games just need that extra oomph which the new gen consoles can provide.Not only are the graphics and performance better, but they have new features.

As stated above Rainbow Six: Siege is being developed especially for the new generation of consoles, taking full advantage of what the next generation has to offer.This means the developers can create something much better than with the older generation consoles.

PC gamers also have to upgrade to keep up with games.

This is the statement;

RAINBOW SIX PATRIOTS

And now the question we know a lot of you are asking: What happened to Rainbow Six Patriots, the game we showed off a few years ago at E3? The short answer: It just didn’t cut it for the new generation. When the new hardware was announced, the decision was made to reboot Rainbow Six with a new team at the helm and a new goal of taking full advantage of what the next generation had to offer. The focus on siege and destruction technology this group envisioned was incompatible with the direction Patriots had taken and the project was ultimately canceled, making way for something even bigger and better.

FPSfan123
08-17-2014, 03:50 AM
I feel you TC. I think Ubisoft should port it to 360/ PS3. Afterall, even the behemoth of games--Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline--will be coming to ps360. Yet Siege won't? Even though its levels are way smaller than BF4/H. I am reluctant to support this. I might just go for BF:H, at gamescom they said it had a one-life, hostage modem just like R6 siege does. So basically, DICE still supporting previous gen consoles.

With R6 being a more niche shooter, it's best to put it on ps360 consoles because there are 50+ million of those console users.

pennst
08-17-2014, 11:44 AM

Did you miss the announcement last yr that the 360 was only going to be supported for 3 more yrs? I can't believe people would be surprised that games in the near future are going to be made for next-gen only.

pennst
08-17-2014, 11:56 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr3gpMtYKcM

I agree up to a point with most of what you said, game developers need to realize though if they keep putting out crap games cause they want to release a BF or another COD game every year gamers are eventually going to be turned off. I'm 1 of those people I will not be pre-ordering the new COD or BF games.

COD is a joke run point shoot, BOPS was the last good one I played. I loved BF4 except for all the bugs and now they are realeasing Hardline which shouldn't even have the BF name. Here's your chance UBI I hope the Division and Siege are great games. I like the fact their taking their time to try and get it right.

TheCyrcus.TTV
08-31-2014, 11:38 PM
Sounds a lot like an angry rant to me . . .

RLC_SeMP
09-01-2014, 03:17 PM
The Xbone/PS4 have been out for almost a year now. This makes them current-gen systems, not next-gen. The 360/PS3 are now what we call vintage systems. I see them in thift stores and flea markets now. OP needs to take off the blinders and step out of the console closet. Get a PC lol. My 3 year old rig can still run just about anything out there on max settings.

Shazbot4
09-05-2014, 04:20 AM
hey original poster.. sounds like you love video games... i just said this in another thread and i'll say it to you. dont buy new games... buy them used. you dont have to play and have them beaten day 1. you can wait. the game isn't going anywhere. wait a week, a month a year and then play it for 5 bucks... your expectations will be much lower and you will almost always like the game more because you didn't shell out 70 bucks for it. your sending a message to the people who made it you dont approve of what they are doing but still can play their games for free if you sell them when your done..

to semperfi... how can you call the most popular system.. the 360 a vintage system, there are more of them then ANYTHING right now and this will remain true for probably 2 more years. you can buy it brand new in almost any big box store still and umm whats that new game coming out for the 360... boarderlands 3... i didn't know vintage could vintage with games still being made for it.... same with the ps3... i think the ps3's still out number ps4's and xbox one's.... oh well my definition of vintage a little different then yours.. sega genesis.. maybe a super nintendo or n64, PS1, sega dreamcast... sega saturn(ever heard of those) and ... ya know systems you can't really buy brand new anymore.... oh well go walk around bragging about your vintage xbox 360 system to everyone, tell them how "old school" on the bus ride to school, let me know how that works... i still got my n64 with the first smash brothers and i wouldnt consider that vintage at all. maybe my super mario brothers and duck hunt cartridge with the nintendo gun... maybe...

King_of_Ricers
09-20-2014, 08:54 PM
Yves Guillemot loves to grab dosh from us, all we can do is refrain from pre-ordering. In fact, that's the best solution you have, boycott the game. Either by not pre-ordering or buying any of their games at all, the problem is people still buy them by masses so they won't care. I bet 50% of those posting hate buy it too just to check it out so...there's that.

goblingee
09-26-2014, 02:34 PM
I agree with you Gertjaars, I see people on these forums complaining a lot and then buying another game and complaining.

There were quite a few people complaining about GRFS and stating that they would never buy from UBI again, funnily enough I saw a lot of those same people complaining about issues with GRFS DLC shortly afterwards, it just made me laugh, and then cry, and then laugh again.

I would love it if UBI would do what they did with GRAW and make platform specific versions. There were subtle differences between the GRIN PC version and the UBI console versions but everyone benefited from working, supported versions.

I would love to see a PC specific version of Siege but know that it will never happen because UBI hate me and think I am a pirate for owning a PC, at best I can hope for a working port which I may buy 6 months after release if people on the forums are telling me it works. Alternatively a PC demo/beta (not pre purchase) may go a long way to securing a purchase from me and many others if we are allowed to prove that it is in working order....