PDA

View Full Version : Is Shay an ancestor of Desmond?

goob0t
08-15-2014, 01:04 AM
I always like how that worked out, it was a clean way of tying all the story's together, is it known?

Jexx21
08-15-2014, 01:05 AM
probably not

Arno isn't an ancestor of Desmond either

I think they tied up Desmond's story completely with AC4.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-15-2014, 01:06 AM
I think they confirmed at one point he wasn't an ancestor, but I could have been fed misleading information.

m4r-k7
08-15-2014, 01:06 AM
Actually that would be very interesting if Shay was an ancestor of Desmond.

goob0t
08-15-2014, 01:15 AM
probably not

Arno isn't an ancestor of Desmond either

I think they tied up Desmond's story completely with AC4.
Out if curiosity where was it said Arno wasn't an ancestor? I assumed he was because in the emails we hacked in ac4 it says he has an ancestor in the French Revolution.

Namikaze_17
08-15-2014, 01:47 AM
Doubt it.....Desmond's only ancestors during this Era is Haytham and Connor.

And this 'French Revolution' ancestor could be Elise or just some ancestor that was just present at the period.

HDinHB
08-15-2014, 08:46 AM
Doubt it.....Desmond's only ancestors during this Era is Haytham and Connor.

And this 'French Revolution' ancestor could be Elise or just some ancestor that was just present at the period.

Desmond would have had hundreds of ancestors in the 18th century, but we only know a few by name. It's unlikely Shay is an ancestor of Desmond (unless he's related to Haytham) and I have read that Arno is not either. It looks like we won't see much more of Desmond's family tree, except for Bill Miles.

Fatal-Feit
08-15-2014, 08:49 AM
Maybe Shay's related to Ezio. Shay could have been from Desmond's mother side, ya know.

LoyalACFan
08-15-2014, 08:58 AM
Maybe Shay's related to Ezio. Shay could have been from Desmond's mother side, ya know.

Why would you think he's related to Ezio? Better yet, why would he be related to Desmond? Desmond's done, his story ended in Black Flag. And it's already been confirmed that Arno isn't related to him... They've moved on.

Fatal-Feit
08-15-2014, 09:01 AM
Why would you think he's related to Ezio? Better yet, why would he be related to Desmond? Desmond's done, his story ended in Black Flag. And it's already been confirmed that Arno isn't related to him... They've moved on.

I don't think he's related to Ezio, or Desmond for that matter. I'm just making a suggestion since people are so keen on linking every ancestor to Desmond.

Namikaze_17
08-15-2014, 09:31 AM
@Fatal

No one did that with Adewale, Aveline, and Nikolai.

Except at one point, I thought Aveline was through Connor, but that's Connorline talk. :rolleyes:

Fatal-Feit
08-15-2014, 09:34 AM
They weren't major protagonists, though.

Namikaze_17
08-15-2014, 09:45 AM
They weren't major protagonists, though.

Neither was Aqulius.......

Fatal-Feit
08-15-2014, 09:55 AM
Who?

Namikaze_17
08-15-2014, 10:01 AM
Who?

An Ancient Roman Assassin of Desmond's.......
http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/archive/b/b3/20130211120213!ACE-Aquilus_Render.png

Fatal-Feit
08-15-2014, 10:07 AM
Good point. But to be fair, there WAS talk about Aveline being an ancestor. And Adewale was a side character in Black Flag. It would be awkward. As for Nikolai, well, Nikolai already had a modern day protagonist. His name is Crosse--I-I mean Cross. Daniel Cross.

Namikaze_17
08-15-2014, 10:15 AM
@Fatal

I understand.....I don't think Desmond has had a single female lead ancestor, or a Black one for that matter.

Plus a Russian!!! Well there's always Galina. ;)

LoyalACFan
08-15-2014, 10:30 AM
@Fatal

I understand.....I don't think Desmond has had a single female lead ancestor, or a Black one for that matter.

Plus a Russian!!! Well there's always Galina. ;)

Wasn't there some BS excuse in the encyclopedia that said you can only relive memories of ancestors of your own gender, otherwise you have sync issues?

Namikaze_17
08-15-2014, 10:59 AM
Wasn't there some BS excuse in the encyclopedia that said you can only relive memories of ancestors of your own gender, otherwise you have sync issues?

So Desmond can't relive Maria's, Sofia's, Connor's wife, Caroline's, or Tessa's memories? And every ancestor of Galina HAS to be a female!? *Aveline hint*.

But that can't be....subject 1 could relive Aveline perfect, at least till the "incident".

LoyalACFan
08-15-2014, 11:32 AM
So Desmond can't relive Maria's, Sofia's, Connor's wife, Caroline's, or Tessa's memories? And every ancestor of Galina HAS to be a female!? *Aveline hint*.

But that can't be....subject 1 could relive Aveline perfect, at least till the "incident".

Retcon then. I know at one point they said that you could only relive memories within your gender.

ze_topazio
08-15-2014, 11:53 AM
Aveline memories were extracted from subject 1, a guy, so not only Aveline memories were not extracted from Desmond, although they could still be related, but a man synchronizing with a woman is possible.