PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 3 Start up Crash

crunchy123
08-14-2014, 06:36 AM
I have been playing the game with no problems for two days until the game crashed today. Now any time I try to launch Far Cry 3, i get a black windowed page and am unable to control my desktop. I can start my other games on uplay, but cannot with this game anymore. Re installing has done nothing so am hoping to get help here.

These are my specs. Thank you.

Windows 8.1 64 bit
Motherboard : ASUS H87-PLUS LGA
GPU: geforce gtx 770
CPU: intel core i5-4670k CPU @ 3.40 GHz
Memory: 8.00 GB RAM

LMS007
08-14-2014, 07:50 AM
Computers don't do things on their own. Some file somewhere has changed, I assure you. It might be a driver, or a config file or something. Think about what has changed recently and that might help you solve this issue.

UbiDuchess
08-14-2014, 10:42 PM
Along the lines of what lms007 said, try updating your drivers and closing any background applications while you run the game. You can also send your dxdiag to support via support.ubi.com and we can have a better look at your system configuration. Thanks!

Nomercyy-
08-18-2014, 01:55 AM
I've heard nothing but bad **** about UPLAY... I decided to drop $40 on FC3 deluxe anyways cause it has always looked great.. this isn't about these peoples software, this is about some glitch in UPLAY or FC3. look at this http://i.imgur.com/LXKCslP.png

And you guys say it's with OUR computer software? I just wasted $40 on this. as soon as I launch this game it freezes, thanks and I'm never buying a game with UPLAY connected to it unless this gets fixed

ovidiupopa8
08-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Hi,
I have similar problem( FarCry3 not starting from Uplay interface) and I have found a solution, for me is working.
1.Make a shortcut on descktop of FarCry3 executable( you will find this file in your installation folder of game, in subfolder bin.
2. Launch Uplay, be sure you are login in Uplay, after that minimise Uplay
3. Start the game using the shortcut from desktop.
Hope to work also in your case!
My OS specs is Win8.1 64 bits.

Mr_Shade
08-18-2014, 01:21 PM
If you guys are still having issues, please do continue to work with support to pin point the problem.

All PC's are different - so they do need to ask you to check updates etc - as part of that process.

www.support.ubi.com

Nomercyy-
08-18-2014, 05:04 PM
If you guys are still having issues, please do continue to work with support to pin point the problem.

All PC's are different - so they do need to ask you to check updates etc - as part of that process.

www.support.ubi.com

How do i actually TALK with support? when I go to the FC3 section, it just has all these troubleshooting things... How can I get live support?

UbiDuchess
08-19-2014, 09:30 PM
You can click on "My Questions" and then "Ask a Question" to submit a support ticket.

If Chat Support is online, you should see a "Start Live Chat" button after submitting your question.

Finally, if you would prefer to talk to someone on the phone, International and Phone Support information can be found here: http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx