PDA

View Full Version : Please stop the 720p discussion >.<

dandins
08-13-2014, 08:36 PM
hey ubisoft,

please stop the 720p discussion an reveal the resolution!

My opinion is that 720p would be a step backwards...

Guess most people(including me) would accept 900p/30fps if you deliver awesome graphics/light effects!

AherasSTRG
08-13-2014, 08:45 PM
And what if the game's resolution actually IS 720p?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odK20vQB-7o

Jexx21
08-13-2014, 08:48 PM
we need more hi-def discussion guys

increase the polygons in our characters!

phoenix-force411
08-13-2014, 09:02 PM
480i is the only resolution!

Matknapers18
08-13-2014, 09:24 PM
If this is true, the Ubi should be prepared for a whole lot of hate from the gaming community. Ubisoft was getting hell for the watchdogs graphical downgrade. If they're caught doing it again, then they could be in big trouble.It will become a trend, with every new Ubisoft game, gamers will immediately warn others of possible downgraded visuals. BE CAREFUL UBI

Jexx21
08-13-2014, 09:38 PM
If this is true, the Ubi should be prepared for a whole lot of hate from the gaming community. Ubisoft was getting hell for the watchdogs graphical downgrade. If they're caught doing it again, then they could be in big trouble.It will become a trend, with every new Ubisoft game, gamers will immediately warn others of possible downgraded visuals. BE CAREFUL UBI

lol, the watch dogs thing was downgraded graphical features, not the resolution >.>

AherasSTRG
08-13-2014, 09:44 PM
lol, the watch dogs thing was downgraded graphical features, not the resolution >.>

The resolution too. Before its delay it was advertised as a game running at 1080p, but after the delay, the PS4 version was running at 900p and the X1 version at 720p.

The whole resolution debate should not exist in my opinion. Instead, the gaming community should strive for a higher framerate and not for resolution.

Sesheenku
08-13-2014, 10:02 PM
The resolution too. Before its delay it was advertised as a game running at 1080p, but after the delay, the PS4 version was running at 900p and the X1 version at 720p.

The whole resolution debate should not exist in my opinion. Instead, the gaming community should strive for a higher framerate and not for resolution.

If they wanted hire frame rate then they shouldn't have began working beyond their means in the first place.

Not that I care, I'm officially going for PC again.

UniteUnderPower
08-13-2014, 10:39 PM
720p? Where did this rumor start? If the game actually is 720p, then that is absolutely unacceptable. They've done(I believe all) AC games at 1080p on last-gen consoles and I'm guessing Rogue will be no different, so why would they even think of going for 720p on a CURRENT-GEN console?

AherasSTRG
08-13-2014, 11:33 PM
720p? Where did this rumor start? If the game actually is 720p, then that is absolutely unacceptable. They've done(I believe all) AC games at 1080p on last-gen consoles and I'm guessing Rogue will be no different, so why would they even think of going for 720p on a CURRENT-GEN console?

Ummm, the last-gen consoles had no potential of ever hitting 1080p resolution. All the previous AC games were running at 720p and so will Rogue...

The rumor started from the listing of the game on the official Sony Entertainment Network site.

D.I.D.
08-14-2014, 12:01 AM
The good news is that XBox One is gradually becoming more powerful (or less hamstrung, depending on your feelings about the capacity of glasses of water). It regained a good chunk of processing power in June, thanks to a new XDK that gave back some resources that were previously reserved for Kinect, and it'll get much better after Direct X 12 is finished. Both XB1 and PC (on DX12-capable systems) will enjoy a nice efficiency increase and a drop in power consumption, which should free up the console to become closer to the PS4. It's not really possible to compare the two machines since they work on different principles, but the hardware's pretty similar.

[ETA] Oh, are you talking about Unity, or Rogue? I don't know which game's getting this rumour, but I assumed you were talking about Unity?