PDA

View Full Version : Arno is Ugly (POLL)

pacmanate
08-12-2014, 04:21 PM
I honestly can't get over how stupid his face looks. Especially after that new trailer. So lets go. POLL TIME.

Edit - Need to elaborate. It's not that I want him to look super sexy so I can stroke his face. I just think the animation and texture on his face just looks ****ed up.

m4r-k7
08-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Lol more realistic. Not every single person in the world is good looking. Every game protagonist is the generic "cool" looking character anyway haha

Assassin_M
08-12-2014, 04:25 PM
Lol more realistic. Not every single person in the world is good looking. Every game protagonist is the generic "cool" looking character anyway haha
This

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-12-2014, 04:25 PM

^ Yep.

Wait until you get the game and see the cutscenes man xD

Not everyone in the [gaming] world has to look so attractive. Im sure Altair, Ezio, Connor and even Edward has had their ugly moments lol

Shahkulu101
08-12-2014, 04:27 PM
I agree, he ain't got no alibi...

ze_topazio
08-12-2014, 04:28 PM
Still better looking than Nier.

m4r-k7
08-12-2014, 04:28 PM
I would rather a well written character. Don't care what they look like as long as its a good story, you see their expressions and they are not generic.

pacmanate
08-12-2014, 04:33 PM
It's not that he needs to be perfect. He just looks ****ed up animation wise for his face.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-12-2014, 04:35 PM
He looks a lot better than Shay!

shingorengeki84
08-12-2014, 04:37 PM
Funny, he was mainly considered as ,,hot", when the last CG trailer came out and now, heīs ugly? :D He looks different in game, but not ugly and as long, as heīs a well written character, I donīt care about his look.

marvelfannumber
08-12-2014, 04:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62UzLgdb1GQ

In all honesty I don't really care. His face looks fine to me, despite the fact he looks almost just like Ezio hair wise.

Assassin_M
08-12-2014, 04:41 PM
I'm proud of all of you unsuperficial people...really.

Namikaze_17
08-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Technically Aveline or Elise are the best looking.....

So......:rolleyes:

Shahkulu101
08-12-2014, 04:44 PM
I have no problem with him being ugly...he just is. Like...hideous lol

It's funny I don't really care

Kaschra
08-12-2014, 04:45 PM
I actually think he looks decent, especially in the latest trailer.
And, like alread mentioned, not every character has to look like a model lol

pacmanate
08-12-2014, 04:49 PM
I guess people aren't reading the OP when I said Its not about me wanting him to look like a sexy beast but okay.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-12-2014, 04:49 PM
I have no problem with him being ugly...he just is. Like...hideous lol

It's funny I don't really care

lol. He's not hideous.

m4r-k7
08-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Hey Pac in terms of animations I think its the in game face model that is a bit off. They took those shots of his face from gameplay (like if you zoom up to his face whilst playing)
I think in the cutscenes his face will be animated better, like with Elise's where you could really see the expression on her face in that IGN video.
Its like with Connors in game battle face - that looked strange.

Xstantin
08-12-2014, 04:53 PM
Fanart is there to make him handsome lol. I think he looks ok.

JustPlainQuirky
08-12-2014, 04:54 PM
He looks sexier than most men I know.

jeordievera
08-12-2014, 04:59 PM
Well I think he looks bit strange in the last trailer. Like he is hot in the CG and he is really good looking in the Making of.. video where they do all the crazy stuff with his facial movements. But in the last trailer, the face graphic doesn't really look nex-gen. I dunno, mabye they just created quick trailer for Gamescon and I hope he will look next gen in the cutscenes :)

pacmanate
08-12-2014, 05:04 PM
He looks sexier than most men I know.

Jesus :|

Namikaze_17
08-12-2014, 05:07 PM
I don't know.....I don't care about looks honestly.

But Arno looks decent.

Jexx21
08-12-2014, 05:12 PM
He looks fine.

ACfan443
08-12-2014, 05:13 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but 'hideous', or descriptions of a similar nature just sound like a total exaggeration.
His face in the IGN tech video looked fine.

pacmanate
08-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but 'hideous', or descriptions of a similar nature just sound like a total exaggeration.
His face in the IGN tech video looked fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_ky3i2CIc4

ACfan443
08-12-2014, 05:20 PM

I.. I don't know how to respond.

Jexx21
08-12-2014, 05:21 PM
That's me!

I'm beautiful!

jeordievera
08-12-2014, 05:25 PM
That's me!

I'm beautiful!
That's really interesting video!

marvelfannumber
08-12-2014, 05:26 PM

This thread is going in strange directions, I could go for some brownies now though.

lothario-da-be
08-12-2014, 05:54 PM
I agree with OP, this is not about how beautiful he looks. His face looks kinda unrealistic and not very next gen.

Sesheenku
08-12-2014, 06:49 PM
He looks fine to me.

GunnerGalactico
08-12-2014, 06:52 PM
Okay, so he's exactly drop dead gorgeous... but he still looks rather dashing, if you ask me :p

EmbodyingSeven5
08-12-2014, 07:55 PM
when I look at each assassin all I see is desmond.......... man I miss that guy!

LoyalACFan
08-12-2014, 08:35 PM
when I look at each assassin all I see is desmond.......... man I miss that guy!

Said no one ever :p

But yeah, I can kind of see what you're talking about Pac; the animations are a little muddled. I don't think it looks bad though, and keep in mind we pretty much never see his face outside of cutscenes, where it will presumably look much better. Just look at Gameplay Connor vs. Cutscene Connor, they don't even look like the same guy. And we all know no Assassin can be more dashingly handsome than ACB Ezio.

DumbGamerTag94
08-12-2014, 08:45 PM
To me it's not that he looks bad or anything. Just that he doesn't quite seem alive if that makes any sense.

Like the character model looks really good an the face is extremely detailed. But it just seems he's always emotionless and whenever we see him blink or anything it's in slow motion or quick freeze frame deals. Even in the CG trailer with Elise he was emotionless and doesn't have anything on his face when surrounded by guards. Even Elise seemed to have the same problem IMO.

They just seem to be almost like wax dummies. Extremely detailed and such. But nothing really happening with the faces.

Perhaps this is just a result of these trailers and CG crud. Cuz in the gameplay walk through the guy he threatens looked very emotional and realistic. And the Elise stills from in game seem to show promise as well. I think that it won't be as weird in game. At least I hope......

LoyalACFan
08-12-2014, 08:56 PM
To me it's not that he looks bad or anything. Just that he doesn't quite seem alive if that makes any sense.

Like the character model looks really good an the face is extremely detailed. But it just seems he's always emotionless and whenever we see him bonk or anything it's in slow motion or quick freeze frame deals. Even in the CG trailer with Elise he was emotionless and doesn't have anything on his face when surrounded by guards. Even Elise seemed to have the same problem IMO.

They just seem to be almost like wax dummies. Extremely detailed and such. But nothing really happening with the faces.

Perhaps this is just a result of these trailers and CG crud. Cuz in the gameplay walk through the guy he threatens looked very emotional and realistic. And the Elise stills from in game seem to show promise as well. I think that it won't be as weird in game. At least I hope......

You can't tell anything from the CG trailers, they aren't even made by Ubisoft. But if he seems emotionless in the trailers, it's because they're using his gameplay face rather than the cutscene one. Facial expressions during gameplay are pretty much always neutral, because it would be a waste of power and resources to have him make detailed expressions when his back is almost always turned.

m4r-k7
08-12-2014, 08:59 PM
it's because they're using his gameplay face rather than the cutscene one. Facial expressions during gameplay are pretty much always neutral, because it would be a waste of power and resources to have him make detailed expressions when his back is almost always turned.

This

DumbGamerTag94
08-12-2014, 09:05 PM
You can't tell anything from the CG trailers, they aren't even made by Ubisoft. But if he seems emotionless in the trailers, it's because they're using his gameplay face rather than the cutscene one. Facial expressions during gameplay are pretty much always neutral, because it would be a waste of power and resources to have him make detailed expressions when his back is almost always turned.

Yeah I understand that. It would be a waste to add emotions for every little thing. But what I mean is we haven't seen him speak, smile, or anything. Only a blink and a nod. CG trailers gave us blank stare guy with no emotion or dialogue. And the one video where he talks(the Rev gameplay one) they only show his face(once again really serious) one time walking tward the camera and he's emotionless/POd there too. It's like the dude is a statue or wax dummy or Vladimir Lenin's mummy.

LoyalACFan
08-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Yeah I understand that. It would be a waste to add emotions for every little thing. But what I mean is we haven't seen him speak, smile, or anything. Only a blink and a nod. CG trailers gave us blank stare guy with no emotion or dialogue. And the one video where he talks(the Rev gameplay one) they only show his face(once again really serious) one time walking tward the camera and he's emotionless/POd there too. It's like the dude is a statue or wax dummy or Vladimir Lenin's mummy.

The trailers always give us blank stare guy, their primary purpose is to make the protagonist look like a stone cold badass. Doesn't mean they're like that in the game. Ezio, Connor and Edward were shown the same exact way in their debut CGI trailers (so was Altair but he kinda actually was like that). The only time one of them ever showed any emotion whatsoever was when Ezio smiled in the ACB one, but that was after he was already an established and loved character. I wouldn't worry about it, by all reports Arno's character is nothing like the emotionless badass we've seen so far.

pacmanate
08-12-2014, 09:33 PM
It's irking me how his hood is off centered to his nose too, has anyone else noticed this haha

DumbGamerTag94
08-12-2014, 09:34 PM
@Loyal
I'm not trying to say he's going to be that way. I'm only saying that it may be why he looks weird to some. He's extremely detailed and such. And when his body is moving and such his face remains in this still frame mode that makes him look really strange. The juxtaposition of photorealistic features with a complete lack of realistic motion or emotion in them. Like my analogy to a wax dummy. He looks awesome in stills but the trailers are making him look almost like he's wearing a rubber mask of someone and the expression never changes.

I'm confident that's a non issue in game and if we see him actually emote in game and speak I'm sure this whole weird looking nonsense will pass.

pacmanate
08-12-2014, 09:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FzXOD9w.jpg

JustPlainQuirky
08-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Stahp Pac

You're making it worse for my OCD

LoyalACFan
08-12-2014, 09:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FzXOD9w.jpg

Presumably his head can move independently of his hood, so...

TheJurre
08-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Is it just me or does Arno look a lot like Tom Hardy? (The Guys who plays Bane in The Dark Knight Rises)

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/537/a6yn1X.png (http://imageshack.com/f/exa6yn1Xp)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/661/ojBA1x.png (http://imageshack.com/f/idojBA1xp)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/910/LdlCg4.png (http://imageshack.com/f/paLdlCg4p)

pacmanate
08-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Stahp Pac

You're making it worse for my OCD

Have another

http://i.imgur.com/sQ4nxdS.jpg

RinoTheBouncer
08-12-2014, 10:30 PM
All bias aside, but Ezio is the sexiest Assassin on the face of the Earth.

pacmanate
08-12-2014, 10:37 PM
All bias aside, but Ezio is the sexiest Assassin on the face of the Earth.

http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?u=628195&dateline=1407523656 "U WOT M8?" - Conr [2013]

RinoTheBouncer
08-12-2014, 10:39 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?u=628195&dateline=1407523656 "U WOT M8?" - Conr [2013]

Well Connor is damn sexy as well. But Ezio tops my list ;)

JustPlainQuirky
08-12-2014, 10:40 PM
I still think you should change your avatar to this pac

http://i.imgur.com/3MuizVQ.png

ACfan443
08-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Presumably his head can move independently of his hood, so...

What sorcery is this?

Jexx21
08-12-2014, 11:44 PM
why is my video in this thread?

poptartz20
08-13-2014, 12:02 AM
I still think you should change your avatar to this pac

http://i.imgur.com/3MuizVQ.png

still trying I see rice! haha

on another not.. I'm cools with arno's look. He is a little different but that's all good to me! I'm still pretty excited to see his story and how everything goes down!

jackkiedis
08-13-2014, 09:16 PM
no Arno is not ugly but he does look older.
To me he looks 35ish then in his early 20s.maybe its the thin beard. He definitely has the French looks with the nose and the chin.
I don't see any Austrian features on him.

What I really want to know is who or what made him an Austrian?. I mean it would have made more sense if he was half English,Scottish or Irish as these communities had large expatriate populations in France at that time.

Who ever heard of an Austrian assassin? Also France and Austria went to war during the revolution so doesn't make sense for it to be an half Austrian as Austrians were hunted down as foreigners all over France va cat and hated more then Brits or Germans especially Marie Antoinette.

Jexx21
08-13-2014, 09:20 PM
who ever heard of an italian assassin

or a native american assassin

or a welsh assassin

SHADOWGARVIN
08-13-2014, 09:26 PM
He must know a lot of assassins.

souNdwAve89
08-13-2014, 09:42 PM
How shallow...

StocktonBrawler
08-13-2014, 10:20 PM
I'm not gay, but it's pretty obvious he's the best looking character thus far by a longshot. The guy's bone structure is immaculate, I'm pretty sure his likeness is based off of a model.

To be honest, the majority of the Assassins are pretty ugly people (excluding Edward and Aveline being that both characters were based off of real actors/models), some more than others.

rprkjj
08-13-2014, 11:03 PM
I'm not gay, but it's pretty obvious he's the best looking character thus far by a longshot. The guy's bone structure is immaculate, I'm pretty sure his likeness is based off of a model.

To be honest, the majority of the Assassins are pretty ugly people (excluding Edward and Aveline being that both characters were based off of real actors/models), some more than others.

I don't think Edward was necessarily ugly, but his skin did have a salty leathery look to it. I only think Desmond/Ezio looked bad because of the textures. Ezio never got his own younger face, but Desmond looked better in AC3. I also think Connor was good looking.

As for Arno, I don't think he's actually ugly from what I can tell. But that doesn't matter a lot.

StocktonBrawler
08-13-2014, 11:10 PM
I don't think Edward was necessarily ugly, but his skin did have a salty leathery look to it. I only think Desmond/Ezio looked bad because of the textures. Ezio never got his own younger face, but Desmond looked better in AC3. I also think Connor was good looking.

As for Arno, I don't think he's actually ugly from what I can tell. But that doesn't matter a lot.

Yeah, Edward had rough skin but he was based off of Matt Ryan who a pretty attractive guy, no homo.

Ezio/Altair/Desmond are all the same people up until Revelations, and they weren't necessarily good looking. Adewale wasn't particularly good looking, Connor more so. Elise was/is particularly attractive, her bone structure is immaculate. Aveline was fairly attractive as I recall.

Arno is the best looking character by far. Again, this is just one person's opinion.

rprkjj
08-13-2014, 11:15 PM
Yeah, Edward had rough skin but he was based off of Matt Ryan who a pretty attractive guy, no homo.

Ezio/Altair/Desmond are all the same people up until Revelations, and they weren't necessarily good looking. Adewale wasn't particularly good looking, Connor more so. Elise was/is particularly attractive, her bone structure is immaculate. Aveline was fairly attractive as I recall.

Arno is the best looking character by far. Again, this is just one person's opinion.

Really? I always thought Connor was a good looking guy. Though now that you mention it, I did remember some comments saying Connor was ugly when the first AC3 demo came out.

StocktonBrawler
08-13-2014, 11:21 PM
Really? I always thought Connor was a good looking guy. Though now that you mention it, I did remember some comments saying Connor was ugly when the first AC3 demo came out.

Well, I mean, his bone structure is pretty...don't know how to describe it. Flawed I guess, his mouth is too wide and his nose seems kind of off. Adewale was pretty ugly, but he's not supposed to be some sweetheart. He was a badass. Edward was pretty decent looking, but his hair was sun damaged, and his skin was pretty weathered. Ezio/Desmond/Altair weren't that unattractive but they weren't that attractive.

Arno is a seriously attractive guy, I wouldn't be surprised if he's based off of an actual male model.

Soulid_Snake
08-14-2014, 12:21 AM
This

That old guy in the E3 Trailer should have at least brushed his teeth.

Shahkulu101
08-14-2014, 12:25 AM
That old guy in the E3 Trailer should have at least brushed his teeth.

One of the drawbacks of making everyone in Paris English!

Soulid_Snake
08-14-2014, 12:46 AM
One of the drawbacks of making everyone in Paris English!

Surely you inject some Colgate Toothpaste into the Animus, Lol!

Jexx21
08-14-2014, 12:49 AM
Well, I mean, his bone structure is pretty...don't know how to describe it. Flawed I guess, his mouth is too wide and his nose seems kind of off. Adewale was pretty ugly, but he's not supposed to be some sweetheart. He was a badass. Edward was pretty decent looking, but his hair was sun damaged, and his skin was pretty weathered. Ezio/Desmond/Altair weren't that unattractive but they weren't that attractive.

Arno is a seriously attractive guy, I wouldn't be surprised if he's based off of an actual male model.

Desmond was literally based off of a male model.

Arno is based off of an actor, the actor who does his voice.

And I think Adewale looks better than Edward...

Jexx21
08-14-2014, 12:53 AM

Aveline wasn't based off of an actual person.

These characters were:
Desmond/Altair/Ezio
Connor
Haytham
Edward
Arno
Elise
Lucy
Shaun

Soulid_Snake
08-15-2014, 04:33 PM
http://hdwallpapercorner.com/gallery/3213-piranha-fish-800x600.jpg

It's his eyes, and the hood combo doesn't look good, he reminds me of this pic!