PDA

View Full Version : 5 Things all fans want in r6 siege

The.N0torious
08-12-2014, 01:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYR6GHhdnMc

RedKnight5
08-12-2014, 03:29 PM
#6: Great Clan Support for large groups of organized friends to play together. Look to the old SOCOM games for the type of Clan Support for online competitions, scrims, Private Clan Wars, Ladder Matches and Tournaments that Clans must have.

#7: RB6 Private Servers, for Clans to buy and use for private use for the above #6 competitions. These RB6 Private Servers must be able to be controlled by the Clan Admins to set maps, modes, play time and anything individual competitive Clans need. To many Private Server Admin options to post here. That could be discussed somewhere else.

xMiiSTY
08-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Thank you for all of your suggestions. :)

The.N0torious
08-12-2014, 07:53 PM
#6: Great Clan Support for large groups of organized friends to play together. Look to the old SOCOM games for the type of Clan Support for online competitions, scrims, Private Clan Wars, Ladder Matches and Tournaments that Clans must have.

#7: RB6 Private Servers, for Clans to buy and use for private use for the above #5 competitions. These RB6 Private Servers must be able to be controlled by the Clan Admins to set maps, modes, play time and anything individual competitive Clans need. To many Private Server Admin options to post here. That could be discussed somewhere else.

Those are all good ideas, when i do another video down the road ill add them to the list

RedKnight5
08-14-2014, 12:10 PM
#8: The ability for a Paid Private Server Admin to make any RB6 match a Day Map, or a Night Map. Day or Night... we would like the choice on each played map.

The players in SOCOM Confrontation, could choose to play any map in Day or Night mode years ago. This totally changes the feel of the map and gave the map a whole new perspective on the game play. It was literally two maps in one. Street lights, building lights and vehicle lights became lit and each map became more tense in the darkness. Turning the environment lights On or Off... creates a whole new experience for a Team.

NOTE: Battlefield Hardline for 2015, now looks to compete for sales against Rainbow6 Siege. As you know... Hardline is going the "Cops & Robbers" route with this new release. It's not being well accepted by the true Battlefield players and Hardline has now been pushed back and delayed to 2015 to fix Hardline and not make it look as a BF4 DLC clone. Hardline will release around the same time as Rainbow6 Siege. EA and Sledgehammer Games now understand, that Hardline has many credibility issues.

Rainbow6 Siege could clearly take the advantage over BF Hardline... to give their Rainbow6 players the choice to play any map in Day or Night mode. That would be a strong selling point for Siege over Hardline. Rainbow6 is known as the real "Cops & Robbers" video game anyway with it's Teamwork play, tactics and strategy. Watch any BF Hardline beta MP trailer... and you will see the huge difference between these two games. Hardline may have aircraft and armor with 32 vs 32 player rooms... but Hardline will again be a twitchy "Run & Gun" FPS shooter, with random player rooms and with the same arcade type of play and feel.

EA with it's Battlefield... has lost it's way, trying to compete with the CoD game franchise. Doing so has completely frustrated the BF players, that hate the CoD game play style. Rainbow6 needs to be at a higher level than both these games.

Just do it bigger and better than Hardline... and reap in the profits.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-14-2014, 01:13 PM
Thank You for this, I have passed the video along to the team.

Dome500
08-14-2014, 05:22 PM
Yeah I think most of those points on the list are a clear yes, at least IMO.

RedKnight5
08-15-2014, 04:31 PM

A "THEATER MODE" or a "SPECTATOR MODE", like we have in Battlefield 4 on the PS4. This would be a fantastic way for making user and RB6 player made videos and movies of the RB6 Siege game in action, to help promote it!! Face it... as much as the RB6 players love their RB6 games... RB6 is still a "Niche" game much like SOCOM was. Rainbow6 will never sell as many game disks as a COD or a Battlefield game will. So, give the RB6 players a way to promote and glorify their game in homemade user movies!!! And remember... Battlefield Hardline in 2015, will come out against RB6 Siege about the same time and I'm sure Hardline will also include their "SPECTATOR MODE" for movie making.

The first time I use BF4's Spectator Mode, I was sold! How cool is that to make great movie player videos in BF4 today.

Let's hope UbiSoft includes this in RB6... for the YouTube Movie Directors out there. Who doesn't make game movies now??? Of course YouTube's copy-write restrictions are crap today, for including music and game play videos in your homemade movies.

And with the power of today's Next-Gen consoles... why would a game developer, NOT give the players the video tools they need to promote their RB6 game on YouTube and Twitch?????? But... the RB6 game developer(UbiSoft), might want to restrict players from making movies of their new game. But I think that would be a critical mistake to restrict this today.

This game made video, produced in BF3 on a PC, has always been one of my favorites!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr3gpMtYKcM

UbiSoft.... are you listening?? Help us sell a few more million copies of RB6 Siege for you!!

pennst
08-17-2014, 12:26 PM
#8: The ability for a Paid Private Server Admin to make any RB6 match a Day Map, or a Night Map. Day or Night... we would like the choice on each played map.

The players in SOCOM Confrontation, could choose to play any map in Day or Night mode years ago. This totally changes the feel of the map and gave the map a whole new perspective on the game play. It was literally two maps in one. Street lights, building lights and vehicle lights became lit and each map became more tense in the darkness. Turning the environment lights On or Off... creates a whole new experience for a Team.

NOTE: Battlefield Hardline for 2015, now looks to compete for sales against Rainbow6 Siege. As you know... Hardline is going the "Cops & Robbers" route with this new release. It's not being well accepted by the true Battlefield players and Hardline has now been pushed back and delayed to 2015 to fix Hardline and not make it look as a BF4 DLC clone. Hardline will release around the same time as Rainbow6 Siege. EA and Sledgehammer Games now understand, that Hardline has many credibility issues.

Rainbow6 Siege could clearly take the advantage over BF Hardline... to give their Rainbow6 players the choice to play any map in Day or Night mode. That would be a strong selling point for Siege over Hardline. Rainbow6 is known as the real "Cops & Robbers" video game anyway with it's Teamwork play, tactics and strategy. Watch any BF Hardline beta MP trailer... and you will see the huge difference between these two games. Hardline may have aircraft and armor with 32 vs 32 player rooms... but Hardline will again be a twitchy "Run & Gun" FPS shooter, with random player rooms and with the same arcade type of play and feel.

EA with it's Battlefield... has lost it's way, trying to compete with the CoD game franchise. Doing so has completely frustrated the BF players, that hate the CoD game play style. Rainbow6 needs to be at a higher level than both these games.

Just do it bigger and better than Hardline... and reap in the profits.

It would also be nice if they could add weather conditions to 2-3 of the maps also being day or nite maps.

The.N0torious
08-19-2014, 01:17 AM
It would also be nice if they could add weather conditions to 2-3 of the maps also being day or nite maps.
That would be cool

LoneSpymaster
08-19-2014, 08:20 AM
I read pretty cool ideas here,but RB6 Private Servers, for Clans to buy and use for private use for the above Why? we need to pay for that? that will be stupid....just let the option to create a private match..just like a normal games..not need to pay looool anyway hope that the team make some not all!! but some of this suggestions here because most of the time when companys do fanbase to their games,suck more and i will not like that(silent hill for example) im not saying that suggestions are bad....but don't put everything that a fanbase says(most of times makes the game **** up and boring)....make some and new good ideas and mechanics to the game...but hardcore mode is amazing on the campaign obviously.....on multiplayer sounds crazy,anyway this game and the division are the reason for buying a xbox one.

Dome500
08-19-2014, 04:39 PM
Why? we need to pay for that? that will be stupid....

Sorry dude, but server maintenance costs money and Ubisoft has to earn something from such a feature.
Plus, all big mutliplayer games (CoD, Battlefield, etc.) have Clan Servers which are "rentable" by a person or a Clan (you can also share the costs) so they can set up their own matches, tournaments, etc.

It was ALWAYS like that. Like I said, servers cost maintenance. If you want to have the right to set up your own server and modify the rules, you need to play, which is perfectly okay with me as long as the costs are reasonable.

And OF COURSE he means that there are servers from Ubisof themselves set up for us, and then in ADDITION there are servers for people who want to rent private clan servers.

.just let the option to create a private match..just like a normal games.

Lots of issues with that.
1. Without dedicated servers players will host games which will lead to a lot of "host advantages" again
2. Ubisofts P2P system is horrible - no offense - it just does NOT work properly. Lots of technical issues
3. Searching for matches will take a lot of time again.

Yes, I support that private matches can be made, I support that.
But alongside that and also more importantly like that - IF this game wants to become a mp game with a flourishing community and clans, etc - they have to have dedicated Ubisoft-housed servers, and dedicated private rentable servers.

oktyabr001
08-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Talking only PC here, for obvious reasons...

Regarding the video in the original post:

#1 "Hardcore mode" +1! BUT you forgot getting rid of that immersion breaking crosshair! "Hard Core" *should* be iron sights only! No one has a huge crosshair floating around in the air in front of them in real life... I don't want it in an R6 Siege Hardcore mode either.

My big hopes and dreams:

I want FREE LOOK! Thinking Oculus Rift, TrackIR, etc. here. ARMA3 has it and it's so good it feels very strange to play without it in any other game now.

Larger team size. Shooters in general, no one, at least on PC, plays 5v5 casually. Of course this means larger maps and missions (I like the way BF4 scales the maps for team size) which brings me to:

Modding tools! (I'm talking PC here, of course.) I want to be able to make my own maps! As an old CS player (I said CS, NOT CS:S!) Siege is shaping up to be what I always thought Counter Strike could have been. There are many classic maps that people would love to see made for a game such as Siege. Larger team size caps, larger maps, longer time limits, and modding tools and you'll have thousands of CS players buying Siege too. Freelook and a decent hardcore mode and you'll get a good portion of the ARMA crowd as well.

Build it and they will come.

CrazyCatGuy
08-24-2014, 09:09 PM
You know what this game needs? The very thing that Spies vs Mercs died for not having, Anti-Cheat. Not sure if this is needed to be mentioned, but astoundingly it wasn't in Blacklist, so, just mentioning it. Sorry if someone else already said this.

DreamAgainXI
08-27-2014, 02:31 AM
Easily my most requested mode is a COMPETITIVE matchmaking mode. Anyone who has played CSGO will know what I'm talking about. Simply jumping in to a random matchmaking game like BF4 or CoD doesn't interest me anymore.

Need a competitive matchmaking mode like CSGO or DOTA/LoL that lasts ~45 minutes per match, with the same players throughout.

DreamAgainXI
08-27-2014, 02:36 AM
I read pretty cool ideas here,but RB6 Private Servers, for Clans to buy and use for private use for the above Why? we need to pay for that? that will be stupid....just let the option to create a private match..just like a normal games..not need to pay looool anyway hope that the team make some not all!! but some of this suggestions here because most of the time when companys do fanbase to their games,suck more and i will not like that(silent hill for example) im not saying that suggestions are bad....but don't put everything that a fanbase says(most of times makes the game **** up and boring)....make some and new good ideas and mechanics to the game...but hardcore mode is amazing on the campaign obviously.....on multiplayer sounds crazy,anyway this game and the division are the reason for buying a xbox one.
This game will never take off competitively if they don't allow DEDICATED servers.

This game needs dedicated servers, that you can buy from a host so you can control it how you will.

DreamAgainXI
08-27-2014, 02:38 AM
Talking only PC here, for obvious reasons...

Regarding the video in the original post:

#1 "Hardcore mode" +1! BUT you forgot getting rid of that immersion breaking crosshair! "Hard Core" *should* be iron sights only! No one has a huge crosshair floating around in the air in front of them in real life... I don't want it in an R6 Siege Hardcore mode either.

My big hopes and dreams:

I want FREE LOOK! Thinking Oculus Rift, TrackIR, etc. here. ARMA3 has it and it's so good it feels very strange to play without it in any other game now.

Larger team size. Shooters in general, no one, at least on PC, plays 5v5 casually. Of course this means larger maps and missions (I like the way BF4 scales the maps for team size) which brings me to:

Modding tools! (I'm talking PC here, of course.) I want to be able to make my own maps! As an old CS player (I said CS, NOT CS:S!) Siege is shaping up to be what I always thought Counter Strike could have been. There are many classic maps that people would love to see made for a game such as Siege. Larger team size caps, larger maps, longer time limits, and modding tools and you'll have thousands of CS players buying Siege too. Freelook and a decent hardcore mode and you'll get a good portion of the ARMA crowd as well.

Build it and they will come.
5v5 is the perfect amount. I hope they focus solely on 5v5 play imo. This is a tactical shooter not battlefield where you run around killing 30 people.

5v5 is what CSGO, Dota, LoL all do for competitive play and that's why I'm interested in this game.

Pest_AWC
08-27-2014, 05:17 AM
5v5 is the perfect amount. I hope they focus solely on 5v5 play imo. This is a tactical shooter not battlefield where you run around killing 30 people.

5v5 is what CSGO, Dota, LoL all do for competitive play and that's why I'm interested in this game.

I am sure there are reasons for doing 5 VS 5 for certain competitive play, but I prefer the option to play 8 VS 8 if I want to.

It worked great on all map sizes for the first 3 R6 games. Let me set up my server the way my group wants to play.

The raid on something as small as Bin Laden's compound was done with 24 soldiers from Seal Team Six, so close quarters does not have to mean 5 VS 5 to be playable.

oktyabr001
08-28-2014, 04:34 AM

You'll note I said "casual". ;) For "competitive" play, just make the server smaller. BF has had maps that scale to team size for awhile now. It's old tech. I'd rather have it and not need it than want it and not have it. Best CS (not that arcadish CSGO, btw) I ever played was 10v10 broke up into separate squads.

RedKnight5
08-28-2014, 02:41 PM

SOCOM Confrontation was a very competitive "Round Based, One life per match" Clan shooter game. We had 16 vs 16, in rooms with a total of 32 players on the PS3... and it worked great. Even on the smaller maps of Socom Confrontation... we had great competitive Private Clan Wars and Tournaments and public Sanctioned competitions.

If we are provided UbiSoft Private Servers for Rainbow6 Siege to rent or buy... the Private Server Admins must have the option to set up larger rooms for more players! With today's Next-Gen Consoles... there is no reason why a Rainbow6 Multiplayer private room can't handle 32 players. The only reason online MP games are set in small 5 vs 5 rooms... is because someone's private console is acting as the server host. If that is the case... and Siege is a "peer-to-peer" console Next-Gen game... with no Ubi-Hosted Private Servers to buy... I may just skip RB6 Siege for a real competitive online Next-Gen MP shooter. Our Clan members like competitive shooters... but not in little tiny player rooms. That leaves 2/3rds of our membership sitting in the cold waiting to play with their friends. There's no technical reason why... Rainbow6 Siege shouldn't be able to handle, up to at least a 32 player room, with the power of the new Next-Gen consoles. Socom Confrontation could do this back in 2008 on the PS3!!

At least with a 16 vs 16 player room... I can get most or ALL of my members in one room for the night.

oktyabr001
08-29-2014, 03:04 AM
socom confrontation was a very competitive "round based, one life per match" clan shooter game. We had 16 vs 16, in rooms with a total of 32 players on the ps3... And it worked great. Even on the smaller maps of socom confrontation... We had great competitive private clan wars and tournaments and public sanctioned competitions.

If we are provided ubisoft private servers for rainbow6 siege to rent or buy... The private server admins must have the option to set up larger rooms for more players! With today's next-gen consoles... There is no reason why a rainbow6 multiplayer private room can't handle 32 players. The only reason online mp games are set in small 5 vs 5 rooms... Is because someone's private console is acting as the server host. If that is the case... And siege is a "peer-to-peer" console next-gen game... With no ubi-hosted private servers to buy... I may just skip rb6 siege for a real competitive online next-gen mp shooter. Our clan members like competitive shooters... But not in little tiny player rooms. That leaves 2/3rds of our membership sitting in the cold waiting to play with their friends. There's no technical reason why... Rainbow6 siege shouldn't be able to handle, up to at least a 32 player room, with the power of the new next-gen consoles. Socom confrontation could do this back in 2008 on the ps3!!

At least with a 16 vs 16 player room... I can get most or all of my members in one room for the night.

this! +1!

RLC_SeMP
08-29-2014, 04:29 AM
At the minimum they should be able to, at least, pull off the same amount of players in a server as in the original R6 games. 8 vs 8 in MP and 8 player co-op. Anything above that really and all tactical play goes out the window. You'll have 16 people on each side all tossing frags and flashbangs in complete chaos and that's not what I'm looking for in Siege. It's all about balance. 5 man teams is all I've seen so far so I wouldn't expect more.

Dome500
08-31-2014, 11:32 PM
Important are:

- Proper Matchmaking
- Dedicted Servers (some rentable for clans if possible)
- Lobby text-chat
- Multiple really tactical and old school modes (okay, one casual mode is okay, not more)
- Not more than 8VS8, I agree, otherwise it becomes a mess
- Also hopefully not all maps are as small as the demo map. They should keep the narrow urban design, but there is not reason to not include maps with bigger building complexes
- No peer-to-peer (P2P)
- I would LOVE to see that 8 player Coop, including modes like terrorist hunt (on big maps)
- A good, solid singleplayer campaign with planning phase, being able to switch between team members and a R6-esque story is a must
- Hardcore mode/option for multiplayer modes

Argonaut_Knight
09-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Important are:

- Proper Matchmaking
- Dedicted Servers (some rentable for clans if possible)
- Lobby text-chat
- Multiple really tactical and old school modes (okay, one casual mode is okay, not more)
- Not more than 8VS8, I agree, otherwise it becomes a mess
- Also hopefully not all maps are as small as the demo map. They should keep the narrow urban design, but there is not reason to not include maps with bigger building complexes
- No peer-to-peer (P2P)
- I would LOVE to see that 8 player Coop, including modes like terrorist hunt (on big maps)
- A good, solid singleplayer campaign with planning phase, being able to switch between team members and a R6-esque story is a must
- Hardcore mode/option for multiplayer modes

I Agree 100% with you!

Pohi_
09-05-2014, 11:08 PM
Play the second Rainbow six, Rogue Spear online for free at www.voobly.com . The game can be downloaded at www.roguespeargaming.com . Voobly is the lobby/server that we use to play online.
We still have tons of competitive clan matches going on. If you have a couple friends and you think you're good at games, I dare you to come give this classic a try and come get owned old school style. Any of you ravenshield players wouldn't stand a chance. Over 100 maps including all of the original rainbow six maps. You can also play co - op on voobly as well if you are into that boring type of stuff. Cash prizes given out occasionally by the ladder as well. Come get good!