PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Mentor!

EmbodyingSeven5
08-11-2014, 11:54 PM
throughout assassins creed each assassin has had a form of mentor whether they be assassin............. or not. so ill list a few so you can pick out your favorite mentors!!!!!!!!!

JustPlainQuirky
08-11-2014, 11:55 PM
Haytham best mentor because Rogue! :rolleyes:

...What? It counts... :rolleyes:

wvstolzing
08-12-2014, 12:07 AM
Ah Tabai?

Shahkulu101
08-12-2014, 12:13 AM
Achilles - love his character, voice acting and relationship with Connor.

m4r-k7
08-12-2014, 12:15 AM
I thought Achilles was great as well. It was really sad when he died.

Namikaze_17
08-12-2014, 12:31 AM
Old Altair and Achilles are my favs.....they really show the struggle and dark side it is to being a mentor......but I picked old Altair. Mario was meh. Ezio was great, but a little bit too "black and white" for my taste. Can't judge Connor yet. I liked Al Mualim.....his debates and philosophical talks with Altair were written gold! Plus, he also is the one Altair Vowed to never become! ( Yet he looked like him in the End) Ah Tabai was meh...didn't see enough of him.

And Blackbeard? BEST SINGLE Men-

Nah, I'm playing.

nan_alin
08-12-2014, 12:37 AM
For me Ah Tabai and old Altair from Revelations where the only ones that felt like real mentors, dedicated to the creed and wize and full of knowledge. Achilles was a good character and I liked him but I felt he was more a father figure than a mentor for Connor...

EmbodyingSeven5
08-12-2014, 12:38 AM
[QUOTE=Namikze17;10159326]Old Altair and Achilles are my favs.....they really show the struggle and dark side it is to being a mentor......but I picked old Altair. Mario was meh. Ezio was great, but a little bit too "black and white" for my taste. Can't judge Connor yet. I liked Al Mualim.....his debates and philosophical talks with Altair were written gold! Plus, he also is the one Altair Vowed to never become! ( Yet he looked like him in the End) Ah Tabai was meh...didn't see enough of him.

could not have said it better myself

EmbodyingSeven5
08-12-2014, 12:41 AM
al mualim was my fav awesome conversations between altiar and himself!

SixKeys
08-12-2014, 12:46 AM
Al Mualim was great. He epitomised the grey area of the assassin/Templar conflict. He seemed genuinely invested in Alta´r's growth as a person. He could have offed him at any moment to make sure nobody would figure out his secret, but he wanted to coach Alta´r and try to persuade him to join his side. He had a perfect understanding of the Creed, yet still chose to reject it. He was a fascinating character.

Assassin_M
08-12-2014, 12:48 AM
I wanted to choose Al-Mualim...voted for Connor accidentally.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-12-2014, 01:10 AM
I wanted to choose Al-Mualim...voted for Connor accidentally.

Lies :rolleyes:

But Achilles for me. His relationship with Connor and his personality were warming.

I was gonna choose Al-Mualim, but we all know what happened there =/

Namikaze_17
08-12-2014, 01:28 AM
I personally don't see how Connor is on this list.

We have no footage of him whatsoever being a Mentor.

Hopefully they do......:rolleyes:

D.I.D.
08-12-2014, 01:36 AM
Al Mualim was great. He epitomised the grey area of the assassin/Templar conflict. He seemed genuinely invested in Alta´r's growth as a person. He could have offed him at any moment to make sure nobody would figure out his secret, but he wanted to coach Alta´r and try to persuade him to join his side. He had a perfect understanding of the Creed, yet still chose to reject it. He was a fascinating character.

I remember thinking he was far too obviously a crook to actually be a crook, but then he was a crook. VIDEO GAMES.

SixKeys
08-12-2014, 01:59 AM
I remember thinking he was far too obviously a crook to actually be a crook, but then he was a crook. VIDEO GAMES.

I didn't trust him either, and then he remained so nice for so long that I started trusting him again. I figured something was gonna go down in the assassin fortress, since the walls were all lined up with archers and guards. I figured I was going to learn how to climb the walls eventually and have to fight my assassin brothers at the end. I was half-right, but I still wish I could have learned to climb those walls.

Fatal-Feit
08-12-2014, 02:09 AM
Connor, just so I can have him tell me stories before bed time. :)

rickprog
08-12-2014, 02:09 AM
Who the heck is Altiar?

Went with Alta´r, I think his decisions were very relevant to what the brotherhood would become. He pretty much generated the concept of how an assassin would be, and he was the one to show more understanding on the creed, although Ezio is a close second on that.

Achilles was great, and he was left in a position where he couldn't really do more for the order: it was absolutely decimated. But he wasn't as relevant as Alta´r, at least not that we know yet, and him being too conservative with the means of the order could've stop or slowed Connor's objective.

jeordievera
08-12-2014, 08:34 AM
Achilles, because Connor was really difficult teenager :D

sem1rek
08-12-2014, 08:40 AM
Alta´r of course :)

poptartz20
08-12-2014, 08:44 AM
Al-Mualim, Altair, and Achilles.

each great in there own way.

RinoTheBouncer
08-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Ezio, Old Altair, Uncle Mario and Achilles are the best.

jayjay275
08-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Achilles, but where is Yusuf and MACHIAVELLI?

Namikaze_17
08-12-2014, 12:57 PM
@Jay.

Yusuf died like a *****.

And Machaiavelli was made to look like a fodder compared to Ezio. NOT EXACTLY MENTORS! That reminds me, where's AGATE!? He was a beast in liberation.

DumbGamerTag94
08-12-2014, 01:48 PM
Why is Blackbeard on here?????? If anyone was a mentor figure to Edward(as far as assassins are concerned) it would be Mary Reed. She introduced him to it, searched through myan ruins with him, explained the creed, showed him assassination contracts, etc. She was his mentor.

He had nothing to do with ah tabai really and Blackbeard really didn't teach him much of a anything. Hornigold taught him how to captain his ship, Blackbeard only ever needed to be constantly rescued and aided by Ed because he was reckless.

jayjay275
08-12-2014, 03:02 PM
@Jay.

Yusuf died like a *****.

And Machaiavelli was made to look like a fodder compared to Ezio. NOT EXACTLY MENTORS! That reminds me, where's AGATE!? He was a beast in liberation.

Yusuf died with honour. D:
Does anyone think that Machiavelli did write a book about Ezio? :p

Namikaze_17
08-12-2014, 03:07 PM
@Jay
I guess about Yusuf. :rolleyes:

And didn't Ezio tell him to keep it short?

Niccolo probably knew next to nothing about Ezio, so he wrote about Ceasre instead......lololol.

jayjay275
08-12-2014, 03:08 PM
Machiavelli is a weird man....

supytalp63
08-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Al Tabai or however it's spelled is the mentor from 4 and he's my favorite.

GunnerGalactico
08-12-2014, 06:49 PM
I like Achilles. He is a shrewd and grumpy person with a soft disposition. I enjoyed the mentor/father figure relationship with Connor. You could see that he genuinely cared about Connor and was sympathetic to his motives. I could easily picture him training Connor, he would probably whack him with his walking stick if he didn't display a proper technique or playfully taunting him for falling over... he seems like the type :p

I also like Al Mualim. He is the typical wise old man. Like Achilles and Connor, I liked his relationship with Altair. He was always attentive to Altair and offered him guidance. I also enjoyed all of the conversations they had.