PDA

View Full Version : Will Arno have to kill Elise?

Radman500
08-11-2014, 09:41 PM
do you expect a happy ending between them...or will Arno be forced to fight/kill Elise at the end of the game....

JustPlainQuirky
08-11-2014, 09:46 PM
It'll be a choice the player makes between saving Elise or sticking with the brotherhood if Amancio's hints are to be believed.

Shahkulu101
08-11-2014, 09:55 PM
It'll be a choice the player makes between saving Elise or sticking with the brotherhood if Amancio's hints are to be believed.

He never implied we'd be making that choice, he just meant Arno may have to make that decision in the story - but I don't think he alluded to us having any impact on the narrative. After all, it's the animus.

And Radman, wait a minute and I'll fetch my crystal ball and have the answer to your question... :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
08-11-2014, 09:56 PM
A glitch in the animus. :rolleyes:

Jexx21
08-11-2014, 10:01 PM

no one ever said that.

he said that Arno will have to make a choice, not that the player would have any input on it

ShaneO7K
08-11-2014, 10:02 PM

I doubt we would be able to make the choice on a matter that big. Wouldn't really make sense with trying to do historical story telling if there can be two dramatically different outcomes on what I assume to be a big plot point.

Shahkulu101
08-11-2014, 10:03 PM
A glitch in the animus. :rolleyes:

Well I wouldn't be happy with that because I hate when I don't know which choices are canon, it really grinds my gears - it would be alright if we were crafting our own stories from the start but tailoring the story with our own decisions has never been a thing in AC and they'd have to twist the lore and stuff for it to work and so on...

JustPlainQuirky
08-11-2014, 10:05 PM
I don't like it either.

I just remember when Amancio said "the player has to make a choice" not "arno has to make a choice"

Shahkulu101
08-11-2014, 10:07 PM
I don't like it either.

I just remember when Amancio said "the player has to make a choice" not "arno has to make a choice"

http://www.themijachronicles.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/sauce_1.jpg

?

Namikaze_17
08-11-2014, 10:09 PM
If we do get the choice, I'd pick Elise.

I wanna see that Next-gen Sex Scene. :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
08-11-2014, 10:09 PM
wat

@namikaze

bros b4 hoes

Namikaze_17
08-11-2014, 10:10 PM
Well I wouldn't be happy with that because I hate when I don't know which choices are canon, it really grinds my gears - it would be alright if we were crafting our own stories from the start but tailoring the story with our own decisions has never been a thing in AC and they'd have to twist the lore and stuff for it to work and so on...

Like that time EVERYONE Aveline turned to a Templar yet she wasn't?

Shahkulu101
08-11-2014, 10:11 PM
@Mayrice

Sauce?

As in, source

JustPlainQuirky
08-11-2014, 10:12 PM
it's been a while and I may be misremembering.

But it was the same video where amancio jokingly said Haytham might get a sequel.

if someone could find that vid for me, it would be much appreciated.

Namikaze_17
08-11-2014, 10:14 PM
@Mayrice.

I don't know.

Assassins = Life of danger, loneliness, regret, and bitterness.

Elise = Life of peace with little to any problems as well as raise a family.

If Arno picks the Assassin's, he's gonna end up like Connor.

Jexx21
08-11-2014, 10:16 PM
I don't like it either.

but.. he never said "the player has to make a choice" in that context

JustPlainQuirky
08-11-2014, 10:19 PM
I prefer it be Arno's choice anyway.

I'm just recalling what I remember, which may be wrong.

Namikaze_17
08-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Yeah, let it be Arno's Decision.

I'd hate for this be like The Force Unleashed endings.
:rolleyes:

EmbodyingSeven5
08-12-2014, 01:39 AM
if that was a choice , they would have to make Elise an interesting and genuine character

JustPlainQuirky
08-12-2014, 01:48 AM
did anyone find that interview?

i really wanna re-watch it hnghh

Sesheenku
08-12-2014, 02:49 AM

Yo dawg, I heard you liek character models in their underwear banging, so I made you a next gen version of it.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120609093425/assassinscreed/hu/images/f/f9/Ezio_caterina.jpg

Yeah that's right! Ride that assassin good with your er... underwear on? Well okay...

JustPlainQuirky
08-12-2014, 02:50 AM
still not as good as Ride to Hell sex scenes

Sesheenku
08-12-2014, 02:52 AM
still not as good as Ride to Hell sex scenes

Man those were terrible and actually offensive to women lol.

Ermagerd thank you for killing that man! Hey let's do it on his corpse as a reward ^_^!

Something valid for the raging feminists to complain about for once.

Assassin_M
08-12-2014, 02:54 AM
Mayrice, do you have to bring sex somehow into every discussion?

Sesheenku
08-12-2014, 02:55 AM
Mayrice, do you have to bring sex somehow into every discussion?

Actually I guess I kinda did it this time.

JustPlainQuirky
08-12-2014, 02:56 AM
I wasn't aware I was one to bring up the topic of sex often.

Sesheenku
08-12-2014, 02:58 AM

Yeah don't do that. You'd be jailbait if you did.

Assassin_M
08-12-2014, 02:59 AM
Well, i'm advancing it too so i'll just drop it.

JustPlainQuirky
08-12-2014, 02:59 AM
*scratches head* only thing I can think of that I bring up that is remotely sexual-themed is Shaytham.....

Unless you care to enlighten me?

edit:

Alright then.

LoyalACFan
08-12-2014, 04:18 AM
I'm almost certain they're setting up an Arno sequel. It's just a feeling I've got. Which would mean that there couldn't be a major player choice at the end unless they go the full Mass Effect route and import saves and whatnot, which is highly, highly unlikely, not to mention the obvious continuity errors with the Animus lore and whatnot.

As for Elise dying... Looking at Ubi's track record of killing off its female leads that seems like a pretty healthy bet. However I hope she doesn't, that would be kinda predictable (though it could be powerful if done right. Not like a certain character's demise in W_D :nonchalance:). But I have to admit I'd like to see her live mostly because ACU2 could be an Assassin/Templar co-op game in the Napoleonic Wars... hnnnngghh...

Lonnie_Jackson
08-12-2014, 06:19 AM
did anyone find that interview?

i really wanna re-watch it hnghh
Well in this video he says "character" has to choose. Either way it seems Arno will have to make a choice between love and duty.
4:20-5:03 I think.

http://youtu.be/W9ZtcVUCLmQ?t=4m21s

JustPlainQuirky
08-12-2014, 06:21 AM
Ok so it does sound like it is Arno's choice.

But I still want to find that other interview to make sure.

Lonnie_Jackson
08-12-2014, 06:32 AM
I too think Arno will have more than one game. With what he said about Napoleon and it not matching date wise, it seems they would like to do more. I don't think Elise will die or he will be forced to kill in a choice. If they play it smart we might have our next Altiar and Maria.

Legendz54
08-12-2014, 08:23 AM

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

LoyalACFan
08-12-2014, 08:30 AM
I too think Arno will have more than one game. With what he said about Napoleon and it not matching date wise, it seems they would like to do more. I don't think Elise will die or he will be forced to kill in a choice. If they play it smart we might have our next Altiar and Maria.

Exactly, I feel like they're setting up Napoleon as a major character for the next one. Originally they had planned to have Arno meeting with his army outside Paris in the end, so I feel like that's still on the docket.

jeordievera
08-12-2014, 08:42 AM
It has to be Arno's choice because I am really bad in making decisions! :D
Also I don't think Arno will die or leaves the Assassins because Dan Jeannotte replied to someone he's up for having 3 games for Arno like Ezio did..

LoyalACFan
08-12-2014, 08:43 AM
It has to be Arno's choice because I am really bad in making decisions! :D
Also I don't think Arno will die or leaves the Assassins because Dan Jeannotte replied to someone he's up for having 3 games for Arno like Ezio did..

Honestly there's so much interesting history immediately following Unity that I'd be totally fine with that. Plus they could include Egypt and Russia.

jeordievera
08-12-2014, 08:46 AM
Lets Arno travel the whole world :) Apparently he is very likable so I think everyone will be demanding a sequel

RinoTheBouncer
08-12-2014, 11:34 AM
What if she will kill him in the end? we have no data that proves that Arno lives more than the time span of ACU. It would be really interesting to see the Templars prevailing in such a cunning way, like she loves him but in the end, her loyalty is with the Order. Or perhaps they can give us a choice between saving and not saving her but thatís not something weíve done in AC. It would affect the flow of event and make one line non-canon. Anyway, Iím really interested in those two and I hope their story will be the main focus of the game rather than a few brief scenes.

m4r-k7
08-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Elise won't die as a book is being released from her point of view. If she dies there would be no ending to the book lol

jayjay275
08-12-2014, 11:45 AM
If Arno has to kill Elise, then that'd be unexpected.

shingorengeki84
08-12-2014, 11:49 AM
Elise won't die as a book is being released from her point of view. If she dies there would be no ending to the book lol
Well, Haytham died in AC3 and he had his own book as well.

m4r-k7
08-12-2014, 11:51 AM
^ Good point - but it seems like the book is emphasising the whole plot of Unity but from Elise's point of view. I don't think it is an extra side story of the main plot.

jeordievera
08-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Well Arno has to have a baby with someone so we can access his memories.. So if Elise is not pregnant by the end of ACU then Arno will live :rolleyes:

m4r-k7
08-12-2014, 11:58 AM
She might have a baby and then die? I don't think they would kill her off though (imagine the uproar - Ubisoft killing a woman! lol) . I reckon Arno will die though. That has never happened in an AC game before (i dont think?)

I think if Arno is a great character they would make a sequel with him as they are going to eventually introduce an assassin that gets multiple games or there will literally be hundreds of assassin characters and it will all get out of hand lol

Namikaze_17
08-12-2014, 12:07 PM
Yo dawg, I heard you liek character models in their underwear banging, so I made you a next gen version of it.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120609093425/assassinscreed/hu/images/f/f9/Ezio_caterina.jpg

Yeah that's right! Ride that assassin good with your er... underwear on? Well okay...

@Sesh

Meh........it's still lacking something.

Basic PG-13 covers protecting the woman after sex.
http://video.xfire.com/437de2-1.jpg
Or......
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120927103333/assassinscreed/images/9/92/Reunion_1.png

A cut away to the Assassin Hidden Blade for no apparent reason. :)

jeordievera
08-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Arno won't die, how would be play the game afterwards or do the co-op?

m4r-k7
08-12-2014, 12:55 PM
If he died they would just rewind time like in other games.

DumbGamerTag94
08-12-2014, 03:23 PM
@Mayrice.

I don't know.

Assassins = Life of danger, loneliness, regret, and bitterness.

Elise = Life of peace with little to any problems as well as raise a family.

If Arno picks the Assassin's, he's gonna end up like Connor.

Ehhhhh I don't think it's that simple.

Haven't you been following rogue one does not simply leave the Assassins(unless retire at old age a la Ezio). Just ask Shay! If you try to leave early it sounds like they come n try to kill you. So it's either life of sadness or surely be killed by the assassins by leaving them to run off with a Templar. Those both sound like happy endings haha

Namikaze_17
08-12-2014, 03:36 PM
@Bmark

Yet Altair could walk out safely with a Templar....

It all depends on your rank too I guess....if you're at Mentor-like skill like Altair, Ezio, Connor, etc. Your safe.

Anything below, gets cut down....besides it's not written in stone, if you wanna leave, then leave. What DIFFERENCE is losing one member gonna do? That's why I think there is something else that occurred in rogue.