PDA

View Full Version : Physics and Detail of the Game?

SpeedFalcon00
08-11-2014, 09:34 AM
How detail will things be in the game? Like will the world contain billions of polygons? So it will look semi real? having visual effects is good but how about semi photo realism like the mountains trees, building, roof, etc?

Crash on top of a house and you really do see all the small parts that make the house up fall apart. :)

Will this be too CPU intensive? Again it could be ton down if the player comp can't handle it.

And bounce on a road too many times and you can see it have deep holes in it! Will this be in the game, certain things in the world that can be deformed? Things can be destroyed so hope there is deformity for certain things too.

Crash onto too many trees and you get too many logs blocking the road! Same with lamp post and so on.

martlart
08-11-2014, 10:55 AM
It seems to be a trend at the moment for Ubisoft to make the game equal accross all platforms, and not really push the PC. This makes me believe that the game won't be that difficult to run, as the consoles are comparable to a low end PC. You can also see that the system requirements are fairly low if you take a look in the beta tab on the game's website.

You can certainly knock things down in the game, but I think they reset afterwards. I haven't noticed the ability to destroy houses or roads though.

SpeedFalcon00
08-13-2014, 08:09 AM
It seems to be a trend at the moment for Ubisoft to make the game equal accross all platforms, and not really push the PC. This makes me believe that the game won't be that difficult to run, as the consoles are comparable to a low end PC. You can also see that the system requirements are fairly low if you take a look in the beta tab on the game's website.

You can certainly knock things down in the game, but I think they reset afterwards. I haven't noticed the ability to destroy houses or roads though.

Perhaps they might be a way to make items highly detailed as I mentioned before. If your comp can't handle intensive polygon count like the leaves on the tree the engine can detect that and scale it down to what you comp can run too. However if you have fast comp that meets all the req of the game then you can expect to see individual leaves on each tree. :) Something like that. Or perhaps have rendering on the fly so only a small portion is render and you can choose these setting. So perhaps this might make it possible to have very high polygon count in a game. :)

They could be duplicate of one detail tree And just enough trees also to be knock down. But I think having clones of one detail tree to build a forest will be a good technique like a pine forest! Not many cars can smash down large trees. However if let say logging was in the game then perhaps the comp can automatically scale down the detail of the tree? If let say player cant handle all the detail of the tree?

The dev team will know more on this and hope they can share what is the limit of pushing the amount of polygon count in a game? :)