PDA

View Full Version : Beta just a demo?

SpeedFalcon00
08-11-2014, 08:44 AM
I read that beta can be just a demo of the real thing. So when the final release come out will it be far different with lots of improvements?

And also is the purpose of releasing the beta is to test for bugs and so on? So they dont appear in the final release? I have not heard about this yet perhaps it might be in a private forum? And if it is for testing for bugs then how come its not mention when signing up? It looks like that going in the beta will be a demo just to play around and have fun. I do hope that the beta is also there so all those who are invited are expected to have rolls to test for bugs. :)

martlart
08-11-2014, 10:39 AM
Last time, we got an email after the beta that asked us to answer some questions about the beta (it was only to click in some circles, not to actually write something). There is also a separate beta forum where the game's bugs and various design flaws are discussed.

The entire game isn't even available in the beta, so it will be different at release.

I guess they expect people to know that they're invited to the beta to test the game and find bugs and other flaws.

lock_n_loll
08-11-2014, 11:20 AM
I read that beta can be just a demo of the real thing. So when the final release come out will it be far different with lots of improvements?

And also is the purpose of releasing the beta is to test for bugs and so on? So they dont appear in the final release? I have not heard about this yet perhaps it might be in a private forum? And if it is for testing for bugs then how come its not mention when signing up? It looks like that going in the beta will be a demo just to play around and have fun. I do hope that the beta is also there so all those who are invited are expected to have rolls to test for bugs. :)

The whole point of any beta is to test for bugs. It's not a demo nor is it solely for playing around and having fun. Of course you can do that, but the idea of a beta is to find bugs and improvements for the game! The developers are also looking closely to what players are doing so they can find ways to make the experience better for the full release :)

DT-MadManCK
08-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Beta is not a demo.

Some will use it that way. Like getting early access to play the game. Or whine and complain about completely unrelated clutter. But that is part of every beta.
Fortunately, there are a lot of good testers as well. I have seen a couple of very good reviews and a lot of bugs have been reported and suggestions for improvements have been made.

The beta is also to test the game servers and do some stress tests.
And to see how the game runs on the various different configurations, as no PC is alike.

It is also to see how different settings work with large groups of players. As everybody will have different goals in a game like the Crew.
Things like in-game Economics, balancing XP, stable race conditions, easy hookup with friends, hosting multiple online races at the same time. But also interactions with the environment and lots of other stuff.

Next beta will also test the Steam functionality for example. Just like Uplay is tested.

But as long as there are no clear dedicated test programs or focus tests, like in other betas, players can do whatever they want to.
And that alone is also a test for the devs. To see what players like to do most. And what they want changed or improved.

Lots of testing to do. And certainly not just a Demo.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Hi, the beta does not represent the final state of the game and many changes will be applied before the final release on November 11.

There is a difference between a beta and a demo. A beta as stated above may go through changes before the final release, however a demo generally is a replica of the final game and is there so you can try before you buy.

This is a beta and we are gathering feedback and bugs.

SpeedFalcon00
08-13-2014, 08:30 AM
Hi, the beta does not represent the final state of the game and many changes will be applied before the final release on November 11.

There is a difference between a beta and a demo. A beta as stated above may go through changes before the final release, however a demo generally is a replica of the final game and is there so you can try before you buy.

This is a beta and we are gathering feedback and bugs.

Thanks for that! :) Sometimes beta can be demo and the developer sometimes dont say.

Haxtato.RIMAU
08-14-2014, 11:36 PM
Just wanna ask, will the testers get to keep the game once its released? Love this game really much, but my laptop can't play smoothly xD

Haxtato.RIMAU
08-15-2014, 01:23 PM
Ÿ
Nope.You must buy it nevertheless.:D I donīt think so that Ubisoft give 200 k players a 60 € game.:p

Just looking on the positive side, I hope they will, since there are limited amount of testers out there.

Although giving the game to the testers seems a bit too good to be true.

If Ubisoft really give them it'll be very much appreciated :D