PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Unity - Pre-order - Things you are missing out on for NA and Steam

Crimson-Phantom
08-11-2014, 02:50 AM
Got my copy of AC Rogue (ps3) and AC Unity (Steam) pre-ordered... :cool:

Only to find out that BOTH North America and especially Steam users (worldwide) are being excluded :nonchalance:

Details of the events at the bottom...

First

If you Pre-Order in North America - You cannot join UNITE - You can do Spin to Win

If you Pre-Order through Steam (anywhere) - You cannot join UNITE - You cannot do SPIN to WIN (also their are unconfirmed rumors that steam will be excluded from all online activities... which I kinda doubt... I've emailed support so I can have evidence to disprove them on the assorted forums)

If you Pre-Order in Europe - You can join UNITE - You can do Spin to Win

My point is

Ubisoft is neglecting North America for one, and Steam really REALLY gets it bad, worldwide...

If you are going to Pre-Order get it through a retailer, don't use Steam and don't use Uplay

Basically Europe gets everything, North America gets something, and Steam gets nothing

Every Pre-order gets

Mission - The chemical revolution

Unite offers

Sabre of Honor
Two-handed weapon - A polearm
Two-handed weapon - Armor splitter axe
Two-handed weapon - Razorhead spear
Armor - National Guard trousers (improves sneak)
Mission - Killed by science

Spin to win offers

Trip to Ubisoft Montreal
Customized Assassinís Creed Unity console
More chances to win in-game content
Ubi Workshop gift cards
100s of other prizes from McFarlane, Insight Editions and more
And apparently every week (maybe spin? you get 5 a week) will be at the very least in game unlocks (what they are I'm not sure, weapons are some of them for sure)

Europe Unite to win Pre-Order bonuses: Details of

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/assassinscreed-unity/unite-program/index.aspx

If you are from NA (or TTBOMK anywhere except Europe) you are excluded from this promotion

North America Pre-order bonuses

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/purchase/index.aspx

All Pre-orders with the SINGULAR exception of STEAM users

YazX_
08-12-2014, 12:38 AM
well its different for each region, last year NA had AC4 Gold edition with the same price of EMEA deluxe edition, so EMEA users had to purchase season pass as well. this year EMEA got UNITE program and NA got Spin to win.

regarding steam, as far as i know, you are right, Spin to win and Unite programs are exclusive to pre-orders from UPlay.

AherasSTRG
08-12-2014, 09:22 AM
Only to find out that BOTH North America and especially Steam users (worldwide) are being excluded :nonchalance:

All Pre-orders with the SINGULAR exception of STEAM users

Ubisoft has got Uplay. They want to promote Uplay. You want more pre-order bonuses. You buy from Uplay. You "add a non-Steam game to the library". Their platform grows. You have the game on Steam. You both win. SImple as that.

Crimson-Phantom
08-12-2014, 11:58 PM
Ubisoft has got Uplay. They want to promote Uplay. You want more pre-order bonuses. You buy from Uplay. You "add a non-Steam game to the library". Their platform grows. You have the game on Steam. You both win. SImple as that.

They want to promote uplay? Try not charging 10 dollars MORE thanfor the same product. Try making it a service that isn't referred to as DRM. Try making people feel it is not some hybrid between the awesome of Steam and the Origin (Because that is a perfect descriptor) of well Origin... Try accepting the fact that purchasers are not morons who realize that they make a sizeable profit difference between Uplay sales and retail sales...

So

Uplay 70 bucks CDN

Retail Is 70 bucks CDN

Steam is 59.99 US (came out to 63 dollars CDN)

So explain to me why I should opt to pay 7 to 10 dollars more for the same product.

Explain to me why I should buy it through Uplay so they get 100% of it as pure profit...

At least retail has to ship a game, press a cd, have a case, and they have their end of it...

Uplay is basically just jacking the price on their service because they feel they can... I can assume (but not know exactly the specific numbers) that they could sell the game for 50 dollars CDN and still make equal to or greater than the profit of selling it via retailers...

My feeling on this is I will not be purchasing any DLC from any Uplay enabled game ever again... I, like the vast majority of people, dislike it when I know I am getting taken for a ride.

Crimson-Phantom
08-17-2014, 07:21 PM
So turns out

Spin to Win is AMERICA only
Unite is Europe

Canada gets nothing - Except hosed...

My mistake... but you can understand how I can make it when the Ubisoft support team response emails me and says

North America is part of the Spin to Win pre-order program that is not available for Europe, Unite is just exclusive to Europe.

Pre-order cancelled

Steam was 63.02 CDN
Uplay is actually 78.39 CDN

Steam and Uplay offer the same pre-order bonuses for Canadians...

So why fork out 15 dollars extra to Uplay on top of their not having any expenses etc...

coturner
08-21-2014, 12:43 AM
uplay could authorize steam to give out game keys to those that have pre-ordered from them and then their users could then redeem those keys into uplay and thus have access to spin to win. am i right?