PDA

View Full Version : Newer Game Informer Info *SPOILERS*

m4r-k7
08-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Whole new batch of awesome information.
BEWARE THERE ARE MANY MANY SPOILERS - IT TELLS US EVERYTHING ABOUT THE ELISE + ARNO RELATIONSHIP

https://upload.facebook.com/AccessTheAnimus/photos/a.368664643234451.1073741825.340276136073302/536547819779465/?type=1

Great new info. Story sounds incredible.

EDIT: Point 1 and 2 are major spoilers so avoid those if you don't want to know about the whole Elise Arno thing. Point 7 is a very minor spoiler. All the rest are info about gameplay.

X_xWolverinEx_X
08-10-2014, 11:23 AM
I wonder why "He feels [indebted] to Arno’s father" did arnos dad spare him I wonder

SHADOWGARVIN
08-10-2014, 11:27 AM
A lot of new great information. I'm a little disappointed about the one hidden blade. I hope we can upgrade to two hidden blades.

m4r-k7
08-10-2014, 11:36 AM
^ I actually really like that. Very reminiscent of AC 1 :)

jayjay275
08-10-2014, 11:50 AM
^ I actually really like that. Very reminiscent of AC 1 :)

Same.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-10-2014, 12:03 PM
The hidden blade double kill is my favorite way to kill people.

I'm really excited to use a spear though.

m4r-k7
08-10-2014, 12:13 PM
The aerial assassination animations (and others) look like they have been made more realistic. For example in that co-op video at the end Arno jumps onto the guy first and then stabs him. But then for the final kill of the single player demo he does the classic stab to the neck kill. I wonder if there will be different animations for aerial assassinations.

marvelfannumber
08-10-2014, 12:23 PM
Uhmmm what does this mean?

- If someone in the cooperative group dies, they can be revived, but Game Informer advises to make sure to clear the area first because there will only be a short period of time to revive teammates. If they perish, their wallets will take a hit before they respawn."

I swear to GOD that better be the in-game wallet and not actual money, or else I am gonna stangle someone!

m4r-k7
08-10-2014, 12:24 PM
^ It means you will lose in game money lol

Sushiglutton
08-10-2014, 12:25 PM
One hidden blade you say. Interesting I could have sworn Arno did a double running asssassination outside the house he infiltrated in the E3 gameplay demo.

Uhmmm what does this mean?

- If someone in the cooperative group dies, they can be revived, but Game Informer advises to make sure to clear the area first because there will only be a short period of time to revive teammates. If they perish, their wallets will take a hit before they respawn."

I swear to GOD that better be the in-game wallet and not actual money, or else I am gonna stangle someone!

It means Leeroy Jenkins will go broke

marvelfannumber
08-10-2014, 12:25 PM
^ It means you will lose in game money

Hope you're right.....was getting a bit worried there.

I am honestly shocked that that is even an expectation I had, and speaks of the industry right now.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-10-2014, 12:27 PM
^ It means you will lose in game money lol

Yes, i noticed that too. I wonder how it works when you're playing solo. Will you just die and start over, or will you also have to pay money?

m4r-k7
08-10-2014, 12:28 PM
@marvel That would never happen. Microtransactions yes but not paying a price for dying lol

@shadow I reckon you will die and have to restart the mission from the start and you will lose money as well. It probs won't be too much.

Xangr8
08-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Gawd no! I read all that spoiler stuff...Gaaah! Someone get it out of my mind...I want to forget the spoilers...

m4r-k7
08-10-2014, 12:30 PM
It sounds really interesting!

marvelfannumber
08-10-2014, 12:32 PM
@marvel That would never happen. Microtransactions yes but not paying a price for dying lol

Mmmmm, I've seen other games (particularily mobile ones) do something similar to this all the time, so it wouldn't suprise me, but I will remain cautiously optimistic untill further information is revealed.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-10-2014, 12:32 PM
The story sounds really great.

Sushiglutton
08-10-2014, 12:33 PM
Gawd no! I read all that spoiler stuff...Gaaah! Someone get it out of my mind...I want to forget the spoilers...

Here you go:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f8/ClownPrinceOfCrime_IGN/1233004724227.gif

ze_topazio
08-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Hope you're right.....was getting a bit worried there.

I am honestly shocked that that is even an expectation I had, and speaks of the industry right now.

The day when you're forced to give your credit card number before starting a game is closer than you think.

jeordievera
08-10-2014, 12:37 PM
Here you go:

Now I can't get THAT out of my mind :D

The story sounds interesting and the step-sibilings love is kind of growing on me. Free spirited Elise, my kind of girl! :)

marvelfannumber
08-10-2014, 12:39 PM
The day when you're forced to give your credit card number before starting a game is closer than you think.

The day that happens I will boycott all new video game consoles and stick to retro gaming and I advise everyone else to do so too unless you want to be get even more exploited in the future.

Shahkulu101
08-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Decided not to read incase I can't avoid spoilers. Would somebody be a darling and summarize the new gameplay info? :)

Also I wonder why anybody would want to read this GI article, people are subscribing to a magazine to be spoiled!

ze_topazio
08-10-2014, 01:39 PM
It's not spoilers if the producers decided to reveal it, besides it's nothing special.

Spoilers would be if someone independent played the game and then revealed to everybody that Arno assassinates Elise in the end.

Shahkulu101
08-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Well I'd like to find out the details of Arno and Elise's relationship myself thank you very much!

wvstolzing
08-10-2014, 02:27 PM
The day that happens I will boycott all new video game consoles and stick to retro gaming and I advise everyone else to do so too unless you want to be get even more exploited in the future.

I heard that you need to buy 'Synchronization Gems' from the uplay store; they're used for quick revivification.

(Some MMOs have things like that, don't they?)

Joking aside, when I tried to get to certain *apparently unlocked* locations/mission pointers on the AC4 map, but couldn't find them----because story-wise they were still locked----I thought that was a ploy to get people to buy the 'time saver pack'.

lothario-da-be
08-10-2014, 02:51 PM
I want to read the new info, but no spoilers , is it clear where they talk about the story so I can skip that part?

m4r-k7
08-10-2014, 02:59 PM
Here are the non spoiler (story) parts

- Arno only has a single hidden blade

- Not everything that can be done in Paris is shown on the map once a waypoint is synched.

- A great part of Unity is about exploration and finding stories. Ubisoft will add many quests that revolve around history and some of its prominent figures. It will be possible to unlock these stories by reading newspapers and finding letters in houses. Once these tidbits are uncovered, a question mark will appear on the map. If the player reaches it, he/she will unlock a bit of the history and culture of the land. Ubisoft used the example of the Marianne, the national emblem of the French Republic.

- The player will be able to customize forearms, legs, boots, chest, hood, and mask. Also, different gear is suited to particular play styles. For instance, one hood might make the player blend faster in crowds, and a belt might impact the amount of items that can be carried. Ubisoft estimates it has over 200 pieces to collect. Arno will have guns at his disposal, but they will alert guards easily and will have a limited amount of ammunitions. Ubisoft also included some long weapons, such as spears, pikes, and staves, so that the player can attack at a distance with more power.

- Because it's possible to now climb in interiors, the player will be able to exploit windows for assassinations.

- If someone in the cooperative group dies, they can be revived, but Game Informer advises to make sure to clear the area first because there will only be a short period of time to revive teammates. If they perish, their wallets will take a hit before they respawn.
-The A.I. is smart and often teams up against the player. The enemies will have have a lot of offensive options and will not be afraid to exploit the bombs at their disposal. There will also be boss battles, which will amp up the tension. “Boss fights are challenging, not because we added some quick-time event, but because we’re using the full extent of the fight system,” said game designer Alex Pedneault. “The enemy can pull off the same moves that Arno can, and it creates a challenge in a good way. Not so people can throw their controllers on ground in frustration, but because it’s something we’ve never had. For the first time, we have boss fights that are about parrying at the right time, making sure you dodge, and not spamming the attack button.”

- The different factions roaming the streets will interact with the player and with each other. Thugs will attack the player no matter what, the police won’t attack unless provoked, and crowds of commoners might lend Arno a hand when you’re in a jam. At the same time, the police will target dissidents, so the player could lure thugs toward the authorities and watch them engage instead of getting his/her hands dirty.

Aphex_Tim
08-10-2014, 03:01 PM
One hidden blade you say. Interesting I could have sworn Arno did a double running asssassination outside the house he infiltrated in the E3 gameplay demo.

Watch it again. He puts two guys to the ground, killing the left one in the process, then stabs the right one in the neck. ;)

Also, is it just me, or does Arno and Elise growing up together under the same "father", then falling in love feel kinda incest-y?
I know technically it's not incest, but still.

lothario-da-be
08-10-2014, 03:09 PM
Thanks a lot m4r-k7! Some interesting stuff in there.

m4r-k7
08-10-2014, 03:10 PM
No probs :D

aL_____eX
08-10-2014, 03:11 PM
Everyone who doesn't want to be spoiled shouldn't read the post above!

@Aphex: You should DEFINITELY edit your post and change the things you just said! Otherwise people will be very mad at you. ;)

Aphex_Tim
08-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Whoops! Put it in a spoiler tag ;)

Landruner
08-10-2014, 03:24 PM

You are certainly right, but perhaps it is the responsibility of us (the gamers) to prevent this practice from happening and not acting as sheep waiting to be devoured by the big fat wolves from the video game industry.

JustPlainQuirky
08-10-2014, 03:29 PM
THERE ARE BOSS FIGHTS

http://media.giphy.com/media/FjeGBljESVAzu/giphy.gif

ze_topazio
08-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Bloodlines already had them.

m4r-k7
08-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Connor final boss fight confirmed xD

Shahkulu101
08-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Boss fights should be a relic of the past, to be honest. Makes things to game-y in my opinion.

Combat boss fights shouldn't be a thing in an Assassin's Creed game, we should always have the option to covertly assassinate any target, including the top dogs.

Aphex_Tim
08-10-2014, 03:39 PM
I like the idea of boss fights. As long as it doesn't feel like I'm fighting Bowser, like in ToKW...

m4r-k7
08-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Amancio did say its a "stealth" game and not a "combat" game so perhaps these bosses can be assassinated silently but you gotta be clever, otherwise it will turn into a hard combat fight.

Shahkulu101
08-10-2014, 03:42 PM
Amancio did say its a "stealth" game and not a "combat" game so perhaps these bosses can be assassinated silently but you gotta be clever, otherwise it will turn into a hard combat fight.

That'd be the way to do it.

And that's my point, Aphex Tim. Assassin's Creed game is not a game derived from old tropes, like Dr Eggman in Sonic or Bowser in Mario. Boss fights are just out of place.

JustPlainQuirky
08-10-2014, 03:43 PM
I like the idea of boss fights. As long as it doesn't feel like I'm fighting Bowser, like in ToKW...

lol that was the best boss fight IMO :rolleyes:

even if it was super formulaic.

AC doesnt have a history of good boss fights IMO

Aphex_Tim
08-10-2014, 03:44 PM
That depends on how they're executed. If it's a one on one sword dual with an exceptionally skilled opponent, it could work very well, seeing as how the combat works in AC:U.

marvelfannumber
08-10-2014, 03:45 PM
(let's not get started on Rodrigo (most boring boss fight ever) Borgia from AC2 shall we?)

The only one I found to be not bad was Cesare (if you had no bullets) despite being really repetitive.

JustPlainQuirky
08-10-2014, 03:46 PM
lol Cesare was a boss fight? Felt more like hitting a training dummy over and over again until the game told me I win.

Never got hit once in that fight.

m4r-k7
08-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Technically our assassination targets should be treated as a form of boss

marvelfannumber
08-10-2014, 03:51 PM
lol Cesare was a boss fight? Felt more like hitting a training dummy over and over again until the game told me I win.

Never got hit once in that fight.

As said, not good but atleast it felt like a boss fight for me atleast. Though yeah it was VERY repetitive.

Rodrigo has to be the worst one ever though, he LITERALY is a punching bag.

You can seriosuly beat him by just countering over and over again like every other guard in the game.

ze_topazio
08-10-2014, 03:52 PM
Metal Gear Solid series.

JustPlainQuirky
08-10-2014, 03:54 PM
@m4r

I dont think it counts as a boss if all you have to do is get a vantage point and press "assassinate" to win.

m4r-k7
08-10-2014, 03:57 PM
@Mayrice

Thats what im saying. I think Ubisoft should treat them as boss's and make them more difficult to kill. They should make vantage points harder to find / surround the guy with more guards or make the target more perceptive, make us use our brains more etc

Otherwise boss fights shouldnt really be in AC

sem1rek
08-10-2014, 03:59 PM
I think Unity should include very few of them. It's a stealth game, not a combat game.

Aphex_Tim
08-10-2014, 04:01 PM
I think Unity should include very few of them. It's a stealth game, not a combat game.

I'm suddenly getting horrible Deus Ex: Human Revolution flashbacks...
Those bossfights... the horror...

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-10-2014, 04:02 PM
Nice info. Not reading the spoilers though. Would like to be surprised just as much as that "Haytham" surprise in the beginning of AC3

Literally, the proper term I felt was shocked lol

Xstantin
08-10-2014, 04:03 PM
Sounds great.

Aphex_Tim
08-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Nice info. Not reading the spoilers though. Would like to be surprised just as much as that "Haytham" surprise in the beginning of AC3

Literally, the proper term I felt was shocked lol

There could still be surprises like that. ;) A hell of a lot of info was leaked on AC3 but somehow, the Haytham thing was covered up perfectly. No one saw it coming!

m4r-k7
08-10-2014, 04:17 PM
I wasn't really shocked at the beginning of AC 3. I just had no idea what the hell was going on lol

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-10-2014, 04:50 PM
There could still be surprises like that. ;) A hell of a lot of info was leaked on AC3 but somehow, the Haytham thing was covered up perfectly. No one saw it coming!

Very true. :)

I wasn't really shocked at the beginning of AC 3. I just had no idea what the hell was going on lol
I strangely felt the same way lol

Xstantin
08-10-2014, 04:53 PM
I had it spoiled pretty much. I knew that Pitcairn was a Templar and he was on the list, so there. Concerning Unity though, I think they'll try to keep a few things under wraps.

THE_JOKE_KING33
08-10-2014, 04:57 PM
"Ubisoft also included some long weapons, such as spears, pikes, and staves, so that the player can attack at a distance with more power."

I wonder if I can equip a musket then, since, TBH, swords are pretty much the only thing I use in melee (outside of seeing what the other weapon's animations are like).

rickprog
08-10-2014, 06:21 PM
I'm happy about the boss fights. I agree that not every assassination target must have a boss fight and there should be other challenging scenarios in order to accomplish these assassinations, like maybe harder parkour sections or, as m4r-k7 said, have the targets be more perceptive or guarded by more people so that you have to think your strategy much more. But boss fights are great, combat is still important in AC and having it rebuilt should make these fights a lot harder.

200 customization items to collect sounds like a lot to do. I'm excited! On the other hand, I don't like the "mask" thing, but if I don't wear one I could be missing on a nice boost, so what's the way to go? :confused:

Why would Arno's stepfather feel any respect towards Arno's father? It's not something we have seen before, not at all. These info lacks detail in order to be a proper spoiler.

m4r-k7
08-10-2014, 06:30 PM
^ Its all about the look! Screw the bonuses!

Jexx21
08-10-2014, 07:25 PM
These aren't spoilers, they're the things we already assumed to be correct.

wvstolzing
08-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Also, is it just me, or does Arno and Elise growing up together under the same "father", then falling in love feel kinda incest-y?
I know technically it's not incest, but still.

Most likely the Templar guy paid for Arno's upbringing, gave him a place to stay, etc., but didn't really treat him as a 'son'. So he must have been 'some kid under protection', rather than a real member of the family. That way, arse wouldn't even be step-siblings.

Mr_Shade
08-10-2014, 08:16 PM
These aren't spoilers, they're the things we already assumed to be correct.

I would rather any rumours - or - potential spoilers - are hidden, just in case some are correct ;)

Also - not everyone reads al of the threads.. so they maybe walking into major spoilers for them - so again - please continue to use the tags.

JustPlainQuirky
08-10-2014, 08:30 PM
does this mean no Rogue info tomorrow? :C

Xangr8
08-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Here you go:

That seems to have helped :)

Jexx21
08-10-2014, 08:47 PM
does this mean no Rogue info tomorrow? :C
no, there might be. It might not actually be new though. Typically the info revealed in GameInformer's online coverage is stuff from the magazine so it's not really new

JustPlainQuirky
08-10-2014, 08:48 PM
*groans*

awww I wanted a Haytham piiiiiic

or at least some ship sailing gameplay pics.

LoyalACFan
08-10-2014, 09:13 PM
I had it spoiled pretty much. I knew that Pitcairn was a Templar and he was on the list, so there. Concerning Unity though, I think they'll try to keep a few things under wraps.

Yeah, I knew Pitcairn and Johnson (and probably Lee) were Templars before I even put the game in. But TBH I thought Haytham actually was an Assassin, I just thought he was going to get betrayed and die alongside Ziio. I did sort of start to piece it together toward the end, when I began to realize that none of the characters were actually using the word "Assassins" to describe their Order, but it was still pretty surprising.

Anyway, on-topic; I'm pretty sure he meant Arno just STARTS with one hidden blade. Because the green dude has two here.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140610045522/assassinscreed/images/1/1d/Assassin%27s_Creed_Unity_Screenshot_1.jpg

Doesn't really matter, since you can do double assassinations with one blade as Tim pointed out, but it would be nice to have the option to choose a single blade or two.

Also, did anyone see the part that said "not everything is revealed when you sync a waypoint" (which I'm assuming is supposed to read "viewpoint")? Boo. AC3 was annoying as hell with its "you must run around the entire city to unlock the map" BS. GTA5 too, but at least that game has planes so you can do it pretty quick.

no, there might be. It might not actually be new though. Typically the info revealed in GameInformer's online coverage is stuff from the magazine so it's not really new

Sometimes they do video features though, like the one last week. I'd love to see some Rogue in-game stuff, and it stands to reason that they'd do a dev diary type of thing for it as well as the one they did for Unity.

Jexx21
08-10-2014, 09:20 PM
typically their monday and wednesday stuff is filler and their friday coverage is more meaty

and Loyal, they weren't talking about the game map not being revealed when you sync a viewpoint (I think that it will be), but rather that not all content is revealed when you sync a viewpoint, unlike the past games.

LoyalACFan
08-10-2014, 09:23 PM
and Loyal, they weren't talking about the game map not being revealed when you sync a viewpoint (I think that it will be), but rather that not all content is revealed when you sync a viewpoint, unlike the past games.

Oh. That could at least alleviate the common complaint of constantly running to a map icon to cross it off your checklist. Janitor's Creed and all that. Hopefully it'll make things feel more organic, and not just a bunch of dumb collectibles that don't show up on the map (feathers).

SixKeys
08-10-2014, 11:30 PM
typically their monday and wednesday stuff is filler and their friday coverage is more meaty

Sounds cool. I enjoy discovering stuff through exploration, and AC's maps have definitely traditionally been over-cluttered with icons.

Assassin_M
08-11-2014, 12:10 AM
The story sounds incredible. I'm already so excited for it and I really wasn't that hyped for it at all at first, not to mention that I typically think romance stories are silly but this one sounds awesome. It also has a lot of layers like AC III which should make for a complex narrative and engaging plot.

I never thought i'd say this but AC:U's romance story might very well be my favorite in the series and to all those saying it's identical to Ezio because of the romance, Ezio never really had a long term romantic interest apart from Cristina (which they retconned to make her seem this important person to Ezio) which we only ever see in short, creepy missions after her death by 4 years.

Jexx21
08-11-2014, 12:20 AM
here's a quote about the combat from the gameinformer article itself (which is where this new info is coming from)

"Stealth is encouraged in Unity, since battles can turn deadly. Take on two or three enemies at once and you should be okay, but get five in the mix and the battle often leads to a game over screen. In this case, running away is usually the best option. Before jumping into the fray you must consider the enemy type and their weapon; maybe dodging won’t work on an agile enemy, and forget trying to parry a giant ax. For the first time in Assassin’s Creed, I pay attention to the enemies and their patterns, as opposed to in previous games where I hit the attack button without a worry. With the higher battle difficulty, death is imminent. "

"Ubisoft only showed us a small slice of the combat. The A.I. is smart and often teams up against you, and they have a slew of offensive options and aren’t afraid to exploit the bombs at their disposal."

And that's during the writer's gameplay impressions.

Also, new Elise concept art (I think it's new anyway):
http://i.imgur.com/ekZ0yQ1.png

Shahkulu101
08-11-2014, 12:24 AM
"Stealth is encouraged in Unity, since battles can turn deadly. Take on two or three enemies at once and you should be okay, but get five in the mix and the battle often leads to a game over screen. In this case, running away is usually the best option. Before jump- ing into the fray you must consider the enemy type and their weapon; maybe dodging won’t work on an agile enemy, and forget trying to parry a giant ax. For the first time in Assassin’s Creed, I pay attention to the enemies and their pat- terns, as opposed to in previous games where I hit the attack button without a
worry. With the higher battle difficulty, death is imminent. "

Fapped 2 this

Jexx21
08-11-2014, 12:26 AM
Fapped 2 this
another combat quote:

"Ubisoft only showed us a small slice of the combat. The A.I. is smart and often teams up against you, and they have a slew of offensive options and aren't afraid to exploit the bombs at their disposal."

Shahkulu101
08-11-2014, 12:28 AM
another combat quote:

"Ubisoft only showed us a small slice of the combat. The A.I. is smart and often teams up against you, and they have a slew of offensive options and aren't afraid to exploit the bombs at their disposal."

Will fap 2 in a few hours

LoyalACFan
08-11-2014, 01:08 AM
Seriously though, can somebody ask a dev on Twitter whether Arno can choose between one or two hidden blades? Because there's this...

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140610045522/assassinscreed/images/1/1d/Assassin%27s_Creed_Unity_Screenshot_1.jpg

But then again there's also the infamous canoe screenshot. One blade is fine, I just don't want to get my hopes up for being able to switch between a single or double if it's not in the cards.

SlyTrooper
08-11-2014, 01:33 AM
How did I only just notice this? Anyway, I love the sound of the story. It doesn't spoil much unless you're really fussy, so it has made me really interested. Can we talk freely about the story elements mentioned or is it hush hush?
About the boss battles, I was worried when I first read those words, but it actually sounds good. The boss isn't a God, only a skilled person like Arno.

Goxxi
08-11-2014, 02:25 AM
Sorry guys but what boss fights , I read the article but have not seen anything about any boss fight , It must be that I missed that part , so please can someone tell me something about that ?

I am worried that they are not talking about any puzzles (like glyphs) or tomb type of missions , my biggest concern is that gameplay not be repetative.

Darkljolly
08-11-2014, 02:45 AM
One hidden blade eh? They're returning to the king, just the way assassin's are supposed to be played.

LoyalACFan
08-11-2014, 02:46 AM
Sorry guys but what boss fights , I read the article but have not seen anything about any boss fight , It must be that I missed that part , so please can someone tell me something about that ?

It was mentioned when they were talking about combat, that for the first time they had bosses who can be fought with actual counters/attacks/parries. Which makes me think "boss fight" is a poor choice of words... More like "duel." Boss fight makes you think of enemies with a stupidly contrived way to be defeated, whereas this sounds like your "bosses" will be fought using the normal combat mechanics with the difficulty ramped up.

Sesheenku
08-11-2014, 07:34 AM
It was mentioned when they were talking about combat, that for the first time they had bosses who can be fought with actual counters/attacks/parries. Which makes me think "boss fight" is a poor choice of words... More like "duel." Boss fight makes you think of enemies with a stupidly contrived way to be defeated, whereas this sounds like your "bosses" will be fought using the normal combat mechanics with the difficulty ramped up.

Good, I hated that crap in Bloodlines, AC1 was ridiculously easy, Rober just runs up and gets one shot by your almighty hidden blade, brotherhood is a button mash fest and every other game is an ultra scripted cinematic linear roller coaster of epically dull proportions

LoyalACFan
08-11-2014, 08:18 AM
Good, I hated that crap in Bloodlines, AC1 was ridiculously easy, Rober just runs up and gets one shot by your almighty hidden blade, brotherhood is a button mash fest and every other game is an ultra scripted cinematic linear roller coaster of epically dull proportions

The only "boss fight" in this series that I liked was Al Mualim. Although that was less of a fight, and more of a drug trip.

jeordievera
08-11-2014, 08:27 AM
The only "boss fight" in this series that I liked was Al Mualim. Although that was less of a fight, and more of a drug trip.
Rodrigo Borgia fight was pretty lame to be honest..

And what the heck the customizable mask means?

Sesheenku
08-11-2014, 08:28 AM

Lol I always use the hidden blade and so every now and then I mess up on the counter timing and fail to kill him. He can be a pain that way.

In an unrelated note it's proof most people don't need full sync to restrict them, I literally didn't use anything but the hidden blade once counter kill was available.

ze_topazio
08-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Think of Metal Gear Solid series for good boss battles in a genre that usually wouldn't have boss battles, boss battles that force you to use all your skills to deal with an adversary.

AherasSTRG
08-11-2014, 03:30 PM
The Mr Freeze fight from Arkham City and the reharshed one from Arkham Origins Cold Cold Heart DLC were also really good stealth challenges. The Bane fight in Arkham Origins as well.

m4r-k7
08-11-2014, 03:33 PM
The problem with most boss battles is that the game wants you to kill them in a certain way. Realistically, they should be normal fighters who are tricky and you gotta use strategy to kill them (without the game telling you what to do e.g. take down his force shield, do this do that bla bla)

Batman series did boss battles pretty well but in general boss battles aren't too much fun.

SlyTrooper
08-11-2014, 04:49 PM
Rodrigo Borgia fight was pretty lame to be honest..

And what the heck the customizable mask means?

Probably customisation for the neck & face. It will likely be like Arno's collar & there will probably be actual masks too. I hope we can get some cool masks because I always think they look cool.

jeordievera
08-11-2014, 05:04 PM
Probably customisation for the neck & face. It will likely be like Arno's collar & there will probably be actual masks too. I hope we can get some cool masks because I always think they look cool.

I was thinking more about beard perhaps? Or who knows maybe could wear actual masks or even cosmetics face mask to be prettier :p

SlyTrooper
08-11-2014, 05:24 PM
I was thinking more about beard perhaps? Or who knows maybe could wear actual masks or even cosmetics face mask to be prettier :p

Wouldn't they call it a beard then?

jeordievera
08-11-2014, 08:31 PM
Wouldn't they call it a beard then?
Well I dunno maybe ;)

Another article, no new info, just talk about their co-op experience:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/08/11/assassins-unite-our-hands-on-impressions-of-assassin-s-creed-unity.aspx

JustPlainQuirky
08-11-2014, 08:32 PM
So no Rogue news today then.

HNGHHHHHH

SlyTrooper
08-11-2014, 08:33 PM
So no Rogue news today then.

HNGHHHHHH

I feel your pain. I was at least hoping for another video about Unity.

jeordievera
08-11-2014, 08:37 PM
I feel your pain. I was at least hoping for another video about Unity.

I hope there will be something new comming from Ubisoft tomorrow. They like to post new stuff on Tuesdays

JustPlainQuirky
08-11-2014, 08:39 PM
screenshot of Haytham screenshot of Haytham screenshot of Haytham

*in prayer stance*

oh man of Comets please grant me this one wish.

m4r-k7
08-11-2014, 08:43 PM
Gamescom conferences tomorrow, hopefully some AC stuff should be present!

JustPlainQuirky
08-11-2014, 08:48 PM
I thought they started on the 13....

Can we watch the conferences on Twitch or are they private?

m4r-k7
08-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Conferences on the 12th.

And yes they will both be live streamed via many websites. Xbox.com, IGN, Sony app probs etc etc

ze_topazio
08-11-2014, 08:50 PM
I want to see some gameplay of Rogue and that's it, I feel like I've watched enough of Unity.

And the announcement of AC Comet for the PSVITA and AC Rising Phoenix for the 3DS.

JustPlainQuirky
08-11-2014, 08:51 PM
And Ubi said what trailers and stuff they'll be showing?

New Rogue trailer incoming?

http://i.imgur.com/NUyttbn.gif

#plshavehaytham

m4r-k7
08-11-2014, 08:53 PM
I feel like I can just imagine AC Rogue's gameplay in my head though. I am imagining just Shay sailing his ship in icy waters.

With Unity I want to see more of the parkour and combat and more of Paris.

@Mayrice Ubi said they will have a Rogue naval demo at Gamescom where people can play it.

SlyTrooper
08-11-2014, 08:55 PM
And Ubi said what trailers and stuff they'll be showing?

New Rogue trailer incoming?

http://i.imgur.com/NUyttbn.gif

#plshavehaytham

I don't want to shave Haytham :)

JustPlainQuirky
08-11-2014, 08:57 PM
@m4r

I knew about the Demo. Apparently Haytham is in it. But I want to see him in a CGI trailer.

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/4801523+_8c8c45d252bdc8be8eda44537c94455c.jpg

You think we'll get another CGI trailer for Rogue like w/ Unity or is that it?

ze_topazio
08-11-2014, 08:59 PM
Somehow I doubt, CGI costs money and Rogue reeks of cheap.

m4r-k7
08-11-2014, 09:02 PM
There should be an actual main CGI trailer. The other one was called the announcement trailer. I reckon we will get a CGI Gamescom Trailer like Unity and every other AC game had a CGI E3 Trailer.

Sushiglutton
08-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Conferences on the 12th.

And yes they will both be live streamed via many websites. Xbox.com, IGN, Sony app probs etc etc

Are we sure Ubi is having one? This page only has MS, Sony and EA: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a589301/gamescom-2014-watch-microsoft-ea-sony-conference-live-streams.html#~oMFkPlbM09010d

m4r-k7
08-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Are we sure Ubi is having one? This page only has MS, Sony and EA: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a589301/gamescom-2014-watch-microsoft-ea-sony-conference-live-streams.html#~oMFkPlbM09010d

Ubi arent having a press conference. But I was saying Unity might get a demo at the Xbox conference like at Xbox's E3.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Ubi arent having a press conference. But I was saying Unity might get a demo at the Xbox conference like at Xbox's E3.

Does anyone know why it went from sony to ms? The last couple of AC games all had psn exclusive missions and were shown at sony's press conference.

JustPlainQuirky
08-11-2014, 09:08 PM
So no rogue info until the 13th then? :(

And no CGI trailer TT-TT

m4r-k7
08-11-2014, 09:10 PM
Does anyone know why it went from sony to ms? The last couple of AC games all had psn exclusive missions and were shown at sony's press conference.

I don't think Xbox are partnered with AC as they aren't giving any exclusive DLC to Xbox owners. I think Xbox just wanted to display AC as marketing material for their console in order to boost sales and make it look like AC has exclusive stuff with Xbox when it actually doesn't.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-11-2014, 09:12 PM
I don't think Xbox are partnered with AC as they aren't giving any exclusive DLC to Xbox owners. I think Xbox just wanted to display AC as marketing material for their console in order to boost sales and make it look like AC has exclusive stuff with Xbox when it actually doesn't.

I think you're right.

Sesheenku
08-11-2014, 09:12 PM

Probably cause MS knew they were in **** so they begged Ubisoft to help them out a little bit and appear to favor their console.

Probably the MS exec himself went and offered to give Alex a... happy ending.

Alex felt pity for the desperate bastards and decided to help them sans the happy ending.

I don't know, something scandalous like that.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-11-2014, 09:14 PM
Probably cause MS knew they were in **** so they begged Ubisoft to help them out a little bit and appear to favor their console.

Probably the MS exec himself went and offered to give Alex a... happy ending.

lol. You made me spit out my drink!

Sesheenku
08-11-2014, 09:21 PM
lol. You made me spit out my drink!

Just promise not to sue if you damage your computer when reading my posts.

m4r-k7
08-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Scans from the game informer

http://imgur.com/a/gS0sU#23

wvstolzing
08-11-2014, 09:31 PM

These are screens from a digital publication, though; that's why there are no page numbers. And the text is all out of order.

m4r-k7
08-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Lots of info though

JustPlainQuirky
08-11-2014, 09:35 PM
those scans are days old tho *shakes fist*

m4r-k7
08-11-2014, 09:36 PM
There is more spoilers in it than what has been shown on their website

JustPlainQuirky
08-11-2014, 09:37 PM
I havent even bothered to read the Unity articles tbh

not interested enough in the story. rather just go into it with minimal knowledge. Aside from the Arno double daddy issues.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Just promise not to sue if you damage your computer when reading my posts.

lol. I won't. I'll be more carefull next time.

Jexx21
08-11-2014, 09:53 PM

http://imgur.com/a/JBYkw

JustPlainQuirky
08-11-2014, 09:58 PM
those scans are old too

*rolls around on floor and whines like the selfish brat I am*

m4r-k7
08-11-2014, 10:14 PM
http://imgur.com/a/JBYkw

Thanks for that :)

SlyTrooper
08-11-2014, 10:34 PM
I put a link to those scans a while back, but was advised to remove it because apparently they're not allowed.

Jexx21
08-11-2014, 10:38 PM
those old scans sucked anyway. not in the right order and missing information.

LoyalACFan
08-11-2014, 11:09 PM
From today's info on the GI hub.

"Before we started our mission, they asked what special skills we'd like to bring into the game. I picked the morph ability, which let me assume the identity of an NPC to temporarily blend into the crowd. What did you end up grabbing? I didn't see you transform into a Paul Revere look-alike, so I'm assuming you went a different route."

F**K. I was REALLY hoping the "disguise" ability they mentioned during the E3 demo was something more inventive than the friggin multiplayer perk BS. Never going to be using that...

JustPlainQuirky
08-11-2014, 11:16 PM
what kind of ability is that? you literally transform into another person?

so the animus is doing that?

#immersionbreaking

m4r-k7
08-11-2014, 11:20 PM
From today's info on the GI hub.

"Before we started our mission, they asked what special skills we'd like to bring into the game. I picked the morph ability, which let me assume the identity of an NPC to temporarily blend into the crowd. What did you end up grabbing? I didn't see you transform into a Paul Revere look-alike, so I'm assuming you went a different route."

F**K. I was REALLY hoping the "disguise" ability they mentioned during the E3 demo was something more inventive than the friggin multiplayer perk BS. Never going to be using that...

I know! When I read that I knew instantly that I am never going to use that however easy it makes the game. It completely breaks the immersion.

LoyalACFan
08-11-2014, 11:36 PM
what kind of ability is that? you literally transform into another person?

so the animus is doing that?

#immersionbreaking

Yeah, morph in MP just turns you into another avatar so your enemies can't find you. Bringing that to SP, which is supposed to be more immersive, seems really stupid to me.

SlyTrooper
08-11-2014, 11:38 PM
Yeah, morph in MP just turns you into another avatar so your enemies can't find you. Bringing that to SP, which is supposed to be more immersive, seems really stupid to me.

Are we sure it isn't just for coop?

m4r-k7
08-11-2014, 11:43 PM
Are we sure it isn't just for coop?

I remember in the single player demo comentated, Amancio said "there are many ways we can assassinate our target, we can use the disguise skill and walk right up to him.."

SlyTrooper
08-11-2014, 11:44 PM
I remember in the single player demo comentated, Amancio said "there are many ways we can assassinate our target, we can use the disguise skill and walk right up to him.."

I know, but maybe that was different. I sure hope so because that is a really dumb idea to have in the single player.

m4r-k7
08-11-2014, 11:46 PM
I just won't use it...ever.

Jexx21
08-11-2014, 11:50 PM
it sounds like it's only for co-op.

SlyTrooper
08-11-2014, 11:51 PM
I just won't use it...ever.

Why would they include it? It makes no sense. Is Arno now a bloody shape-shifter? What the hell?

m4r-k7
08-11-2014, 11:53 PM
It is completely stupid. I have no idea why they would include it.

SlyTrooper
08-11-2014, 11:54 PM
It is completely stupid. I have no idea why they would include it.

We should check with Mr_Shade whether it's for coop & singleplayer or just coop. Anyone want to message him or shall I?

JustPlainQuirky
08-11-2014, 11:56 PM
You message him.

He never answers my summonings

Jexx21
08-12-2014, 12:00 AM
If it's in single player, it should be a physical disguise mechanic. For co-op it's more okay that that it's just an instant thing.

Just do it after you kill a guard and imagine you took his clothes.

m4r-k7
08-12-2014, 12:02 AM
We aren't Agent 47 there shouldn't even be disguises. We should just be our hooded selves and be the blade in the crowd and look awesome!

Jexx21
08-12-2014, 12:04 AM
Ezio had disguises in the novelization of AC2

SlyTrooper
08-12-2014, 12:10 AM
I have messaged Mr_Shade for clarification. Hopefully we shall have our answer soon.

SixKeys
08-12-2014, 02:15 AM
I've been wanting a disguise option in single-player forever. I want it to be Arno just putting on different clothes, but I'm not totally against the morph ability either. (BTW, the terms here are a bit mixed up - "morph" in multiplayer means transforming an entire group of civilians into YOUR doubles, "disguise" transforms YOU into someone else.) I'll just pretend it's Arno putting on civilian clothing.

Xstantin
08-12-2014, 02:20 AM
I'll just pretend it's Arno putting on civilian clothing.

As long as it works, to me it'll be fine even if they do a simple Animus shimmering thing tbh like blending in earlier games.

Sesheenku
08-12-2014, 02:21 AM
I hope they're not dim enough to release an unexplained shape shift skill into a previously down to earth series.

I mean seriously was it not enough that in AC2 we were introduced to the first civilization?

I said the exact same thing as Desmond at the end of the game. I was alright with the ancient magical artifacts but having to put in the people behind them too... It's a complete and jarring contrast to how the game was before imo.

JustPlainQuirky
08-12-2014, 02:29 AM
"a glitch in the animus" :cool:

RagingDragon14
08-12-2014, 03:21 AM
Perhaps that's what the Pocketwatch (rumored piece of Eden) does? It allows the bearer to be seen as somebody else by people around him.

Super powered pocketwatch FTW.

LoyalACFan
08-12-2014, 03:22 AM
I know, but maybe that was different. I sure hope so because that is a really dumb idea to have in the single player.

I mean, God knows how many times I've heard them use the word "seamless" over the last two months. The whole gist of co-op is to let other players seamlessly enter your seamlessness so you can seamless while you seamless.

No but seriously, I'm pretty sure co-op and SP have the exact same gameplay, otherwise it's not... seamless.

rickprog
08-12-2014, 03:36 AM
It's supposed to be a skill based on how you like playing. I'd assume disguise is for stealth, and it would make sense if it was Arno disguising (so that he is some sort of stealth master). I wouldn't mind a shimmering Animus animation for it since it would look silly for him to physically change costumes. It would also take too much time for the animation of that to happen ingame, lol. Thing is, there wouldn't be a realistic explanation as to how he actually disguised. I'm sure Ubisoft are clever enough to explain it, though.

Sesheenku
08-12-2014, 03:44 AM
It's supposed to be a skill based on how you like playing. I'd assume disguise is for stealth, and it would make sense if it was Arno disguising (so that he is some sort of stealth master). I wouldn't mind a shimmering Animus animation for it since it would look silly for him to physically change costumes. It would also take too much time for the animation of that to happen ingame, lol. Thing is, there wouldn't be a realistic explanation as to how he actually disguised. I'm sure Ubisoft are clever enough to explain it, though.

A simple quick black screen with the sound of Arno beating the snot out of the guard and changing is preferable for me.

Hans684
08-12-2014, 05:09 PM
A simple quick black screen with the sound of Arno beating the snot out of the guard and changing is preferable for me.

Before, after missions or a place without people fine. But having the screen go black in public with him beating a guard and changing... Not recommend.

Sesheenku
08-12-2014, 06:51 PM
Before, after missions or a place without people fine. But having the screen go black in public with him beating a guard and changing... Not recommend.

That's inconvenient, the traveling to a non public place would be implied.

SlyTrooper
08-13-2014, 12:56 AM
I'll accept the idea if Arno doesn't become someone else. If it's still his face then fine. They can do the shimmering thing, but it should be where nobody can see you to make it more realistic. So if you try to do it in the middle of a crowd it will give you a message saying that you can't do it there. I'm cool with that.