PDA

View Full Version : A concern about Rogue's controls.

tkarenko
08-10-2014, 05:28 AM
I'm worried that I'll have a hard time adjusting to the controls when playing it on PS3. Since I'll be playing Unity first on PS4, I'll want to press R2 to parkour. But in the past, R1 was the parkour button on PS3. It took me a good week to stop pressing the wrong button going from PS3 Black Flag to PS4 Black Flag when it came out. I'm afraid I'll have a hard time going from the DS4's controls to the PS3's controls and vice versa. It would be nice if the devs would include the option to swap the L's and R's especially now that we can use the DS4 on PS3.

Fatal-Feit
08-10-2014, 05:32 AM
Yes, yes it would be nice. I've always preferred an Xbox controller when playing the 18th century titles.

Sesheenku
08-10-2014, 05:43 AM
You'll be fine, I started AC on PS3 and then moved to PC and had to use a completely different controller as well, a Logitech Rumblepad 2.

I got used to it pretty much instantly. Dunno why people make such a big deal, if you've been gaming long enough you can pick up any control and be used to it within the hour.

Although button remapping is something that I believe should be default nonetheless. It should be basic game design these days.

tkarenko
08-10-2014, 06:55 AM
I'm only worried about it because the controllers are extremely similar, and that messes with my muscle memory. Using a completely different controller is a different matter.

Landruner
08-10-2014, 07:02 AM
I'm worried that I'll have a hard time adjusting to the controls when playing it on PS3. Since I'll be playing Unity first on PS4, I'll want to press R2 to parkour. But in the past, R1 was the parkour button on PS3. It took me a good week to stop pressing the wrong button going from PS3 Black Flag to PS4 Black Flag when it came out. I'm afraid I'll have a hard time going from the DS4's controls to the PS3's controls and vice versa. It would be nice if the devs would include the option to swap the L's and R's especially now that we can use the DS4 on PS3.

...but...but "real gamers" don't need to be worried about that they just adapt themselves in any circumstance for any machine and any games, it is what real gamers do LOL!
no, more seriously I understand you and I know it is annoying when the adaptation takes a while to happen.... it would be nice if the devs let the players choice regarding the mapping of their favorite gamepad configuration like on PC.

Aphex_Tim
08-10-2014, 07:20 AM
especially now that we can use the DS4 on PS3.

Wait, what? Since when? And how?

TJ_Wylde
08-10-2014, 07:55 AM
Wait, what? Since when? And how?
Since about 3 weeks now mate. http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/DualShock_4_Compatible_PlayStation_3_Games

I love it. DS4 just feels better in my hands than my old DS3's. And they where in need of replacement anyways hehe. Gave me an excuse to sell to my fiance to buy 2 more DS4's :D

Aphex_Tim
08-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Sweet! Time to try that out then!