PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Rogue Collector's Edition Announced - No North America, again?

ThirdEchelon_
08-09-2014, 01:57 AM
From what I can see from online retailers, none of the North American retailers have pre-orders available for the Rogue collector's edition. Is this yet another instance where Ubisoft slights those in NA, or will we eventually get it as well?

I really hope so. Tired of not being able to easily get the best AC editions.

JustPlainQuirky
08-09-2014, 02:00 AM
There is no best edition.

All AC editions from Ubi tend to exclude some form of content.

Which sucks, IMO.

Lonnie_Jackson
08-09-2014, 02:00 AM
Thats odd. The collectors isn't even that big I am sure it would have sold well here. If this is the case it's sad...

EDIT: The problem is the EU Ubisoft Editions are always great and NA never see those. We get a grab bag of others mix and usuallly it's not all that great.

ThirdEchelon_
08-09-2014, 02:01 AM
There is no best edition.

All editions from Ubi tend to exclude some form of content.

Which sucks, IMO.

By "best" I mean that the more elaborate statues, and extra items seem to only be included in EMEA countries, as is the case for 3, 4, and Unity. There were also different items included for some of Ezio's games. I wish they would just make one, available to all, with all content.

Lonnie_Jackson
08-09-2014, 02:07 AM
By "best" I mean that the more elaborate statues, and extra items seem to only be included in EMEA countries, as is the case for 3, 4, and Unity. There were also different items included for some of Ezio's games. I wish they would just make one, available to all, with all content.
Well said. I wish Ubisoft would start this trend. Every video game company does this and it sometimes stops me from buying collector editions. To be honest if it wasn't for the statues (AC statue collector), I wouldn't even think about a collectors from them. To bad the best is always EMEA.

Fatal-Feit
08-09-2014, 02:08 AM
I know the pain. I've actually called Ubisoft about this last morning. Unfortunately, it's not possible to get one definitive edition... I had to pre-order both the gold edition AND the collector's edition. =/

Black_Widow9
08-09-2014, 02:10 AM
From what I can see from online retailers, none of the North American retailers have pre-orders available for the Rogue collector's edition. Is this yet another instance where Ubisoft slights those in NA, or will we eventually get it as well?

I really hope so. Tired of not being able to easily get the best AC editions.
Hello,
Just because there haven't been any editions announced for NA other than the standard doesn't mean it won't happen. Please wait until there are definitive details to jump to any conclusions.

When there is more information, we will put the editions up for you in a Sticky.

Thanks ;)

ThirdEchelon_
08-09-2014, 02:10 AM
I know the pain. I've actually called Ubisoft about this last morning. Unfortunately, it's not possible to get one definitive edition... I had to pre-order both the gold edition AND the collector's edition. =/

How do you pre-order them? I always have to resort to eBay and pay much much more.

ThirdEchelon_
08-09-2014, 02:11 AM
Hello,
Just because there haven't been any editions announced for NA other than the standard doesn't mean it won't happen. Please wait until there are definitive details to jump to any conclusions.

When there is more information, we will put the editions up for you in a Sticky.

Thanks ;)

That's nice to say, and I don't mean to be combative, but if recent history is to be trusted, I'm not holding my breath. If an edition does come to NA AND it is identical, then I'll be happy. If it's not, then it's just more of the same.

Fatal-Feit
08-09-2014, 02:13 AM
How do you pre-order them? I always have to resort to eBay and pay much much more.

Usually through the Uplay app. And sorry if I was misleading. I pre-ordered those for Unity, not Rogue. I have yet to pre-order Rogue. --Mostly being because it's not for PC.

ThirdEchelon_
08-09-2014, 02:14 AM
Usually through the Uplay app. And sorry if I was misleading. I pre-ordered those for Unity, not Rogue. I have yet to pre-order Rogue. --Mostly being because it's not for PC.

So you don't need to change your region, and they'll ship to locations in North America?

Black_Widow9
08-09-2014, 02:16 AM
That's nice to say, and I don't mean to be combative, but if recent history is to be trusted, I'm not holding my breath. If an edition does come to NA AND it is identical, then I'll be happy. If it's not, then it's just more of the same.
Just to be clear, I'm not saying they would be identical but that when we have information about any editions besides the standard ones shown at the moment, that we'll let you guys know.

Unity's editions are actually a lot closer in content than past AC games.

ThirdEchelon_
08-09-2014, 02:20 AM
Just to be clear, I'm not saying they would be identical but that when we have information about any editions besides the standard ones shown at the moment, that we'll let you guys know.

Unity's editions are actually a lot closer in content than past AC games.

I know you're just the forum manager, so I'm not trying to give you a lot of grief. Obviously you're not the one making the decisions for this. But it is very frustrating to be a huge Assassin's Creed fan, spending A LOT of money on the franchise because I think it's the best in gaming (and probably entertainment in general), and to constantly feel slighted by Ubisoft time and time again. I've never heard of any official reason given by Ubisoft as to why they do this. It's extremely frustrating.

Lonnie_Jackson
08-09-2014, 02:41 AM
Years and years this has gone on and on... Just saying it's about time for a change. The same people keep bringing it up and I for one am happy to see them not be silenced.

ze_topazio
08-09-2014, 03:14 AM
I just don't understand the point of different special editions that cost the same price, why not one single special edition containing everything even if a little more expensive?

joelsantos24
08-09-2014, 09:35 AM
I just don't understand the point of different special editions that cost the same price, why not one single special edition containing everything even if a little more expensive?
That would make sense. Anyway, there's no word on any special editions here in Portugal either. I pre-ordered it yesterday afternoon, and the clerk had nothing to say in that regard, in fact, there was no mention of any edition whatsoever. It just said Assassin's Creed Rogue.

RinoTheBouncer
08-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Iíve seen this the day Rogue was announced. The sad part is that itís just one so far and that itís small. I didnít expect anything too extraordinary for a past gen game but I still want a big one like Black Chest or Guillotine Case.

joelsantos24
08-09-2014, 12:57 PM
What do you mean, small?

ze_topazio
08-09-2014, 01:14 PM
That would make sense. Anyway, there's no word on any special editions here in Portugal either. I pre-ordered it yesterday afternoon, and the clerk had nothing to say in that regard, in fact, there was no mention of any edition whatsoever. It just said Assassin's Creed Rogue.

Yeah, in the website from where I usually buy my games only the normal edition is available.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-09-2014, 01:22 PM
I just don't understand the point of different special editions that cost the same price

You're mistaken. They vary in price. I believe the special edition is €60,- and the Guillotine case is €150,-. That's a huge price difference.

IMO this edition should be available to everyone who wants to buy it.

joelsantos24
08-09-2014, 01:32 PM
Yeah, in the website from where I usually buy my games only the normal edition is available.
Yeah, that's it. Although, I'm pretty sure there will be several special editions available, once the game is released here in Portugal. By the time they text me to pick up my copy, I'll choose one of those, hopefully.

LatinaC09
08-09-2014, 02:39 PM
I know you're just the forum manager, so I'm not trying to give you a lot of grief. Obviously you're not the one making the decisions for this. But it is very frustrating to be a huge Assassin's Creed fan, spending A LOT of money on the franchise because I think it's the best in gaming (and probably entertainment in general), and to constantly feel slighted by Ubisoft time and time again. I've never heard of any official reason given by Ubisoft as to why they do this. It's extremely frustrating.
I agree with you. I am a huge collector of AC but they really make if hard on their NA fans. Not just with the games but other collectibles as well. I really don't get it. I would have purchased that Guillotine Edition of Unity in a heart beat. Trying to get it off eBay will cost way more money so it's pretty hopeless. Same thing every year.