PDA

View Full Version : Animation Help Please! <3

Hairy Cabbage
08-08-2014, 04:08 PM
OK so in my track i'm making a little Easter egg location where you have to blow up a fan with a bomb to make it stop. I have the fan rotating 0 to 360 degrees on a loop and when the bomb hits a trigger it stops original animation and switches to a different one that slows down to a stop. It should always stop on the same location (so you can move through the broken fan) but it doesn't work every time.

Heres a picture of the logic. if you need any more info please ask because i want this resolved.

http://i.imgur.com/5hWO9K4.png

and a video to show the thing in action:

http://youtu.be/v4kJzKjILIs

dasraizer
08-08-2014, 05:43 PM
hi, im guessing, but not 100% sure that your using local rotation, if your 1st animation stops at some arbitrary angle, that is probably being added on to the second rotation, you could try checking reset when disabled inside the OPE and then when you are switching from one OPE to the other, disable the 1st ope (state event) and then enable the next sequence, it will probably skip rotation, but with the explosion occurring i'd be surprised if its noticeable.

if you can do it with global, i'd recommend it, to work out if you need yaw/pitch/bank, select the fan and see what coloured ring matches the rotation, Yaw is red, Pitch is green and Bank is blue. The problem you then face is it skipping when you switch from one curve as it may not match the starting angle from the second and the fan being at an odd tilt.

Hairy Cabbage
08-08-2014, 06:03 PM
The way i have it set up is so that the rotation it stops on is subtracted from 1080 (3 spins to slow down) which is then used as the fan slowing animation so that it should always land on 0 angle when it stops. for some reason this isnt working though.

dasraizer
08-08-2014, 06:33 PM
ahh i see your operand 2 going to the 1st curve.

you can do this with one OPE, use the selector operator to switch between both the curves that go to bank, keeping the same subtracted set up, see if that solves your problem.

Hairy Cabbage
08-08-2014, 08:34 PM
ahh i see your operand 2 going to the 1st curve.

you can do this with one OPE, use the selector operator to switch between both the curves that go to bank, keeping the same subtracted set up, see if that solves your problem.

I got it working with the selector which makes it look a lot neater so thanks for that. Im still having trouble getting it to stop in the same position every time though. :(

dasraizer
08-09-2014, 04:27 PM
i can only suggest temporally switching your track to a skill game and tying the score counter to you bank value so you can see what's going on when your riding the track.

Hairy Cabbage
08-10-2014, 08:59 PM
Got it working! :D Decided to rebuild it from scratch and managed to get it to work 100% of the time. Thanks for the help Dasraizer and thanks even more for introducing me to the selector. im using that thing in everything now l0l. xD