PDA

View Full Version : Joystick NOT WORKING in il2 1946 and it is making me frustrated

xXTerminator36Xx
08-08-2014, 07:08 AM
so i got a extreme pro 3D from Logitech and it is not working for il2-1946, It does, however it works for Flight sim X and warthunder great. I have enabled joystick from the setup and also from the config file just to make sure and it is not recognized. i cant assign any buttons for the stick. also i have the drivers too. also i have windows 8. Please help

Tully__
08-08-2014, 12:28 PM
IL2 should support any HID compliant controller, be it joystick, gamepad, wheel or whatever. A couple of things to note:

The main controls are assigned at the very bottom of the control assignment page under the "HOTAS CONTROL" heading.
The game recongises the first input it sees, if you move anything before pressing the button you want assigned it will try to assign that. If it's an invalid input (e.g. an axis movement for something that can only be assigned to a button) the assignment will fail.

Logitech have profiling software, have you tried creating a profile using the default game keyboard assignments assigned to the joystick buttons you wish to use? I always did it that way as it simplified re-assigning stuff if I had to re-install the game after a system upgrade or catastrophic failure (fortunately never had to deal with the latter, touch wood).

xXTerminator36Xx
08-08-2014, 05:42 PM
i got it somewhat to work i did the profiler which i didnt want to do but had to. The trigger i mapped to weapons 1 isnt responding (checked it works) and also when i move the aircraft NOTHING works at all, no buttons on the joystick just the keyboard.,

Tully__
08-09-2014, 02:24 AM
i got it somewhat to work i did the profiler which i didnt want to do but had to. The trigger i mapped to weapons 1 isnt responding (checked it works) and also when i move the aircraft NOTHING works at all, no buttons on the joystick just the keyboard.,
Some aircraft don't have a weapons1. La5 is an example, it's primary gun is a cannon and is mapped to weapon2. There are a couple of others too. Unless you have a particular reason to fire only machine gun or only cannon, you may find it easier to map the trigger to weapon1+2 so they both fire off the one joystick button. This is especially true if you're swapping between different aircraft frequently, it avoids confusion in the heat of combat about which button fires your guns on your current ride.

Do you have another controller plugged in? Maybe a race wheel or a game pad? The game will recognise up to four controllers, but it recognises then in the order they appear in the Windows Game Controllers tool. Unless you re-assign controls, the primary flight controls will be assigned to the first controller. If you have other controllers plugged in, you might re-try assigning buttons with the other controllers removed.

xXTerminator36Xx
08-10-2014, 12:19 AM
no i dont i have one joystick thats all and i was using the a-20 so that has weapons 1.

Tully__
08-10-2014, 03:37 AM
Another possibility, Windows Vista and later have heavier security on folders in the C:\Program Folders and C:\Program Folders (x86) folder groups than IL2 was programmed to deal with. If you have the game installed in the default location it will be in one of those folders and the game will not be able to update user settings files. That may be preventing you from assigning joystick buttons. If you also can't change keyboard assignments, that will be the problem (Note: keyboard assignments may appear to change but if you restart the game they will have reverted to default if this is the problem).

If this is the case, the solution is to move the whole game folder to a location outside those folders and create a new game shortcut. A popular alternative is to create a folder called C:\Games and put the game folder in there.

If you need to do this, there is no need to un-install and re-install the game as it doesn't use any registry entries. You can simply move the whole game folder and create a new game shortcut or modify the existing shortcut so it points to the new location.