PDA

View Full Version : What about more Templars?

Kakuzu745
08-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Hey guys,

I never liked the idea of playing with a Templar that much but now that the doors are open (hell, lets have a templar spinoff with less stealth and more blood!) I was just wondering if any of you have considered any other Templar requests that you would like to have with their own game (besides the obvious one which is Haytham of course)...with existent or non existent characters. Some of my choices:

Existent:
- Haytham.
- Woodes Rogers (Guy just look ruthless).
- Shakhalu
- Silvestro Sabbatini

Non existent:
- A templar guy from Altair's era.

What you guys think?

Stealth Gamer92
08-07-2014, 07:16 PM
The spanish weapons smugler guy...you know? I always forget his name.

jayjay275
08-07-2014, 07:17 PM
No, I don't want another Templar game. Heck, I don't even want one, but I guess that is out of the window.

jeordievera
08-07-2014, 07:32 PM
I am okay with Templar games, just don't call it Assassin's Creed.

Hans684
08-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Hey guys,

Hi.

I never liked the idea of playing with a Templar that much but now that the doors are open (hell, lets have a templar spinoff with less stealth and more blood!) I was just wondering if any of you have considered any other Templar requests that you would like to have with their own game (besides the obvious one which is Haytham of course)...with existent or non existent characters. Some of my choices:

I've always wanted to play a Templar, they can leave the door open as long as they want. Era isn't that much of a priority for me, an AC with a Templar protagonist is far rare.

Existent:
- Haytham.
- Shakhalu
- Silvestro Sabbatini

Non existent:

What you guys think?

I would prefer to not play historical people, it's far to limiting in term of their story. Not much creative freedom. Not agains it entirely, they just need to find a historical person with as little historical record as possible during X era. Don't remember Silverstro so no comment there. Other than that your list is fine.

Stealth Gamer92
08-07-2014, 08:01 PM
I am okay with Templar games, just don't call it Assassin's Creed.

How about Templar's Code?

HIBEE12
08-07-2014, 08:31 PM
Well they are somehow making one and calling it an Assassin game *-* I wouldn't mind it as a downloaded add on, but no, that's all

Shahkulu101
08-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Hey guys,

Existent:
- Haytham.
- Shakhalu
- Silvestro Sabbatini

Non existent:

What you guys think?
Would approve.

GunnerGalactico
08-07-2014, 08:59 PM
How about Templar's Code?

I would prefer if they called it Templar's Order.

RagingDragon14
08-07-2014, 09:01 PM
I would prefer if they called it Templar's Order.

Sounds too similar to The Order by Ready At Dawn.

tempest224
08-07-2014, 09:03 PM
a templar game gives a chance to look into the opposite side of an age old war. we only see the side and point of view of assassins. i think it might be interesting to see whats so alluring about templars. think about it..theres a few assassins who have defected; Shay from the upcoming rogue, Duncan Walpole from 4(if he hadnt been killed) and i forget his name but i believe it was in Revelations that you have to aid one of your recruits in catching and killing a defected assassin.

RagingDragon14
08-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Yes, the Vali defected and became a templar.

I don't know. Perhaps they should alternate a Templar and Assassin game every year.

GunnerGalactico
08-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Sounds too similar to The Order by Ready At Dawn.

Even Order of the Templars has a better ring to it than Templar's Code.

SlyTrooper
08-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Even Order of the Templars has a better ring to it than Templar's Code.

Why change it at all? It's just the name of the franchise. And besides, if the Assassins are in the game then the title is still relevant.

GunnerGalactico
08-07-2014, 09:39 PM
Why change it at all? It's just the name of the franchise. And besides, if the Assassins are in the game then the title is still relevant.

It was merely a suggestion if the Templars had their own spinoff title.

Kakuzu745
08-07-2014, 09:56 PM

Being in the same universe does not imply that they should not get rid of the name...what many people argue is that it would be nice to have a different title if we are giving a go to the spin offs. For example Luigi's Haunted Mansion had its own name without having the Mario name.

Come one, at least an Assassins Creed: The Templar Order, or :Templar's Might or :Templar's Code or whatever would have been a better name than just Rogue :S

It is not a necessary thing but it could have given more autonomy to the game...anyway, maybe the game will be an exact copy of Black Flag but from the perspective of a Templar, we will see.

SlyTrooper
08-07-2014, 11:53 PM
Being in the same universe does not imply that they should not get rid of the name...what many people argue is that it would be nice to have a different title if we are giving a go to the spin offs. For example Luigi's Haunted Mansion had its own name without having the Mario name.

Come one, at least an Assassins Creed: The Templar Order, or :Templar's Might or :Templar's Code or whatever would have been a better name than just Rogue :S

It is not a necessary thing but it could have given more autonomy to the game...anyway, maybe the game will be an exact copy of Black Flag but from the perspective of a Templar, we will see.

I didn't realise you were suggesting a spin-off title. In that case, I'm all for a new title. 'Templar Order' sounds good.

Xstantin
08-08-2014, 12:20 AM

Rogue makes sense, he used to be an Assassin.

SlyTrooper
08-08-2014, 12:36 AM

And it is not part of a spin-off series.

dxsxhxcx
08-08-2014, 12:39 AM
IMO the subtitle serves its purpose very well, they don't need to change the franchise's name just because we're controlling a Templar protagonist, if play as a Templar meant a drastic change in the core experience then this could justify a different name (or the title of spin off), but IMO play as Shay won't be much different than play as an Assassin, the difference is that it'll be the Assassins who will be on the other side instead of the Templars, the role we play will be the same we always did until now playing as Assassins, eliminate the threat, the only difference will be the speech. I doubt ACRo will be able to expose the Templar ideology any better than the other games did (I'm not implying the other games did a poor job on this departament).

Kakuzu745
08-08-2014, 06:27 AM

It makes sense indeed but they could have aimed for something more...elaborate, I dont know.

RinoTheBouncer
08-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Id like to have a game for Haytham or Al Mualim. Those two are really interesting Templar figures who really do have a principle and a convincing set of ideas.

SlyTrooper
08-09-2014, 12:13 AM
I’d like to have a game for Haytham or Al Mualim. Those two are really interesting Templar figures who really do have a principle and a convincing set of ideas.

Haytham has already been explored enough. I'm not sure about Al Mualim either.

Kakuzu745
08-09-2014, 03:52 PM
I’d like to have a game for Haytham or Al Mualim. Those two are really interesting Templar figures who really do have a principle and a convincing set of ideas.

Actually I have not thought about it but an Al Mualim game could be really nice...detailing how he became a mentor, a templar, etc...could be a great game.