PDA

View Full Version : PS3 - This game is well and truly broken

Ryokan76
08-07-2014, 04:04 PM
I used to be a long time Magic - The Gathering player, and love competitive card games like that. Instead of getting back into Magic, I thought I would give this game a go. The reviews have been favourable, the mechanics looked fun and I've been a fan of Might and Magic since the very first Heroes of Might and Magic Game.

My big, big mistake was getting this for the PS3 instead of on Steam. What a stupid decision that was.

First, the game's ranked play was completely broken from launch. 99% of games would go to loading screen, then just hang there forever. The #1 ranked player had managed to play 4 games total. And this went on from launch until just recently, and no word from Ubisoft! In fact, the players were blamed. Everyone were told that their NAT setting was to blame. Then, finally they fixed it. Finally we could play this game as it was supposed to be meant, competitive against other players.

Or could we?

Sadly, the fix only revealed how horribly bugged and broken this game really is.

Quite often, upon entering the game, nothing happens. You see the game board, you see your and your opponent's hero, but that's it. You see no cards, and you can't do anything. Clicking R2 lets you view your hand, but the cards are greyed out.

The game now becomes a sort of game of chicken. Do you surrender first, take a fall in the ranks, or do you wait until the other player surrenders?

This happens in at least half the games I play.

Then there's the games that start, but you get immediately thrown back to the menu screen... And as an added, bonus, this makes you fall in the ranks.

And you still encounter the infinite loading screen of death sometimes... But now it's accompanied with a fall in the ranks if you quit the game.

All in all, I think maybe I get to actually play an opponent 1 game in 3.

I really want to play and enjoy this game, so I've been hitting the Ranked Play button for hours every day, even when there was just a 1% chance of getting a game. What I see is that every day, it takes longer and longer to find an opponent, and quite often it's the same few people. People are dropping this game at high rate. Most are probably people who have read the favourable reviews, and decided to give it a go - and then leave once they see how broken this game is.

And the worst thing is, no word from the developers! None at all! No acknowledgment of how bad it is! Can't they sit down and try this game on the PS3? It won't take long before you see how horribly bugged it is. Show, at at least pretend, that you care about your customers.

I feel so cheated. I could have gotten this game on Steam for free, and had fun playing. Instead I paid for a horribly broken version that kicks me in the face for wanting to play competitive Ranked. I basically paid for a glorified single player version of the game that everyone is enjoying on other systems.

I won't bother sending in yet another support ticket, as I know the blame will be put on me... It's the NAT settings, or the firewall, or the virus protection, on my PS3!!!

Ubisoft, what the hell? You've always been a company I held in extreme favour. All that is gone now. I'm tempted to go down the route of asking for a refund for this broken unplayable piece of software, and I will certainly stay away from other Ubisoft releases. I can't support a company that treats its customers as horribly as this.

flashley_ska
08-08-2014, 01:47 AM
I feel so cheated. I could have gotten this game on Steam for free.

Haha yeah about that, I came to the ps3 version to escape an instant win glitch/exploit that some losers are using to climb the ranks there. :-/ seems they can't get it right anywhere these days.

Ryokan76
08-08-2014, 05:23 AM
I had an hour spare time after work today, so I thought I would spend it enjoying the game...

Oh, it takes so long to find a match now. My guess would be because fewer and fewer people are trying to play it.

Anyway, after a while I finally find a game.

Infinite loading screen.

Ah, well.. Quit game, restart game, try again.

After a while, a new game and...

Infinite loading screen.

Bah. Quit game, restart, try again.

Infinite loading screen.

BAH! Try again.

Yay, I get a game. A pretty good one too, even though I lost.

Finally we're having fun! But, oh, my hour is actually up. This is what I managed to do in an hour? What the hell?

Hah, I'll play one more game. You know that feeling when you're gaming, right? Just one more game. One more turn. One more enounter, etc.

Infinite Loading Screen.

You know what? **** this ****. I want a refund.

Industro242
08-08-2014, 11:42 AM
[QUOTE=Ryokan76;10152525
You know what? **** this ****. I want a refund.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Im with you there. Problem is: you wont get one. Been exchanging E-Mails with Sony "customer service". No compensation for a broken product.
At least Im financially comfortable, so it "only" hurts to have been cheated.
No PS4 (or 5, 6 or whatever Sony product anymore) and no PSN shopping for me then. Ill stick to my PC in the future, though its not as comfortable as sitting on my couch.
I just want to get equal with them. :)

TrueGrit1
08-11-2014, 04:34 AM
Yeah, Im with you there. Problem is: you wont get one. Been exchanging E-Mails with Sony "customer service". No compensation for a broken product.
At least Im financially comfortable, so it "only" hurts to have been cheated.
No PS4 (or 5, 6 or whatever Sony product anymore) and no PSN shopping for me then. Ill stick to my PC in the future, though its not as comfortable as sitting on my couch.
I just want to get equal with them. :)

You have to call.

I was able to get a refund but I had to go through all kinds of troubleshooting with them.

Caligula3Z
08-11-2014, 02:31 PM
and i still wonder
selling a broken product... is it legal?

pskov05
08-11-2014, 06:59 PM
If one of players sees a game field, and game hanged - he has to exit off
within 10 - 15 seconds that to the rival defeat wouldn't be included. And to it defeat too won't be included.
If all would observe this rule that it is possible to play)

Natchai_Ubisoft
08-12-2014, 10:33 AM
Again guys, I'm truly sorry for all the issues being encountered. In no way did I mean to put blame on any of you with the NAT settings, it was just something that COULD have caused it.
Will be communicating with the developers again to get more information and hope these issues get fixed, thanks for your patience

Ryokan76
08-14-2014, 08:13 PM
Again guys, I'm truly sorry for all the issues being encountered. In no way did I mean to put blame on any of you with the NAT settings, it was just something that COULD have caused it.

I wasn't referring to you when I said that, I was referring to the reply to my support tickets.

flashley_ska
09-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Another month, still no news?

IncluD
09-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Another month, still no news?

They already have your money, why would they fix it now, this game is nothing but big scam from thiefs

Ryokan76
09-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Here's a quote from my last reply from Support:

The game is currently playable

So yeah, they don't see any problem with the game. They have our money, and beyond that they simply don't care.

It's time to just walk away, guys. It could have been a fun game to play, but it's never going to happen.

:(