PDA

View Full Version : AC time periods

creedalien
08-07-2014, 09:33 AM
Im the only one who want back the old way? i mean every ac game have different age like ac1/ac2/ac3 but today ac games its nearly same time period ac3/ac4/rogue/unity.. this is getting boring.

NekoKera
08-07-2014, 11:45 AM
I think when the big changes in time/age occur they tend to utilize the number (AC, AC2, AC3, AC4) whereas the titles without the numbers tend to expand or split from numbered titles or used to explore new mechanics and features that tend to find their way to the numbered titles (ACB/ACR multiplayer -> AC3/AC4). I think if enough of the new implemented features of Unity are well-accepted they have a good chance or reappearing (Controls, Brotherhood Missions) in AC5 where features not well-accepted tend to not reappear from past experiences (Tower Defense).

jayjay275
08-07-2014, 11:57 AM
I think Unity will be the last game set around the 18th century.

Bastiaen
08-07-2014, 04:18 PM

I assume so as well. After all, we'll have had:
ACIII
ACL
ACIV
ACRogue
ACU
all set in the 18th Century. It is, with mixed feelings, that I declare it is time to move on... Not that I'm tired of the setting, I just want something new.

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 04:25 PM
I assume so as well. After all, we'll have had:
ACIII
ACL
ACIV
ACRogue
ACU
all set in the 18th Century. It is, with mixed feelings, that I declare it is time to move on... Not that I'm tired of the setting, I just want something new.

But... the 18th Century is our playground!!

Megas_Doux
08-07-2014, 04:29 PM

I do think that as well...

Because there might a possibility or an Arno sequel featuring Napoleon and that would be on the XIX century......

HIBEE12
08-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Anything ahead in time means that it would either be a Red Dead game or it would have to have cars and more guns. Personally I don't want them, so if anything it needs to step back in time

marvelfannumber
08-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Anything ahead in time means that it would either be a Red Dead game or it would have to have cars and more guns. Personally I don't want them, so if anything it needs to step back in time

But......but.....What about Victorian London? =/

HIBEE12
08-07-2014, 04:44 PM
But......but.....What about Victorian London? =/

I like that over most suggestions, but I don't know. There are definitely areas I would hate: Anymore America (they need to stop and it would become Red Dead) Egypt or near (I would rather Prince of Persia) and China/Japan (Just a boring Ninja game)

I know people won't agree.. but it is my opinion

Dome500
08-07-2014, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I hope for a more experimental approach again.

We haven't had one single game in Asia yet, South America is also pretty unused, as well as Australia (although there is not THAT much to utilize in the latter).
Same goes for Ancient Europe and the old Empires (Greece, Egypt, Roman Empire) or the English history (England => United Kingdom, Glorious Revolution, Victroian Time, Elizabethan Time, etc, etc).
I would also like a return to the holy land one time (to see the change, and also to finally see the holy land or areas similar to it at NIGHT (which is probably pretty atmospheric how I imagine it).

There are lots of possibilities and since Ubisoft said themselves that they do not plan to go TOO far into the modern times it is very likely they will go back in time in one of the next 2 or 3 games.
And I really hope so.

jayjay275
08-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I hope for a more experimental approach again.

We haven't had one single game in Asia yet, South America is also pretty unused, as well as Australia (although there is not THAT much to utilize in the latter).
Same goes for Ancient Europe and the old Empires (Greece, Egypt, Roman Empire) or the English history (England => United Kingdom, Glorious Revolution, Victroian Time, Elizabethan Time, etc, etc).
I would also like a return to the holy land one time (to see the change, and also to finally see the holy land or areas similar to it at NIGHT (which is probably pretty atmospheric how I imagine it).

There are lots of possibilities and since Ubisoft said themselves that they do not plan to go TOO far into the modern times it is very likely they will go back in time in one of the next 2 or 3 games.
And I really hope so.

Technically one side of Constantinople was Asia.

HIBEE12
08-07-2014, 04:58 PM

And the start of AC3 was in London, so I suppose we don't need to visit that again

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 05:00 PM
And the start of AC3 was in London, so I suppose we don't need to visit that again

D:!!!!

Sushiglutton
08-07-2014, 05:04 PM

I dunno, Ubi's strategy seems to be to make one innovative game and then two spin-offs (AC2 followed by B/R and AC3 followed by 4/Rogue). Assuming Unity will get one or two mechanically very similar sequels it seems unlikely they will be set in a vastly different era or geographical location. Reason being a lot of asstes would be difficult to reskin.

For example I'd be very suprised if AC2015 was set in ancient Egypt.

HIBEE12
08-07-2014, 05:07 PM
I dunno, Ubi's strategy seems to be to make one innovative game and then two spin-offs (AC2 followed by B/R and AC3 followed by 4/Rogue). Assuming Unity will get one or two mechanically very similar sequels it seems unlikely they will be set in a vastly different era or geographical location. Reason being a lot of asstes would be difficult to reskin.

For example I'd be very suprised if AC2015 was set in ancient Egypt.

Agreed, but hopefully they stay with the same character this time, I hate having to see new people every game, it makes the story worse for me.

jayjay275
08-07-2014, 05:18 PM

Oh, guess we've only got two continents left to explore: Oceania and Antarctica.

HIBEE12
08-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Oh, guess we've only got two continents left to explore: Oceania and Antarctica.

Maybe we should create an underwater world to fit another Assassin's Creed ... hmm if only there was one

jayjay275
08-07-2014, 05:26 PM
We could always travel to Uranus and see what is up there.

HIBEE12
08-07-2014, 05:29 PM

I heard that it's quite full up there

But Ubi would find a way to but in some sort of Naval Combat

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 05:29 PM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/4700777/ba-dum-tss-o.gif

jayjay275
08-07-2014, 05:32 PM
I heard that it's quite full up there

But Ubi would find a way to but in some sort of Naval Combat
Well, the real question would be: How do we get there?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/4700777/ba-dum-tss-o.gif

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpkq25XXGP1qii6tmo1_500.gif

HIBEE12
08-07-2014, 05:35 PM
The Animus 4.Probe edition?

jayjay275
08-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Animus - Ashraf Ismail Edition.

ze_topazio
08-07-2014, 06:06 PM
12th century: AC1
13th century:
14th century:
15th century: AC2
16th century: Brotherhood, Revelations
17th century:
18th century: AC3, Liberation, AC4, Unity, Rogue
19th century:

HIBEE12
08-07-2014, 06:14 PM
I think either play as Giovanni or Spain, they need to return to that setting

Megas_Doux
08-07-2014, 06:21 PM
I would like the following:

1 The Spanish Reconquista, pretty similar to AC I.
2 Victorian London, although a bit too modern.
3 CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 Northern Europe or Germany, Czech Republic, Austria
5. Ancient Sumer/Assyria/Babylon.

creedalien
08-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Dont laugh but i personaly want to play in jesus time period that would be very very interesting game just imagine we play as barabbas or somebody else.Or egyipt or back to jerusalem 12th/13th century.

marvelfannumber
08-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Dont laugh but i personaly want to play in jesus time period that would be very very interesting game just imagine we play as barabbas or somebody else.Or egyipt or back to jerusalem 12th/13th century.

Actually, Jesus times would be VERY interesting for an AC game, and would have loads of awesome cities and story possibilities.

Problem is that it would be way too controversial if they ever made it.

Namikaze_17
08-08-2014, 10:27 PM
Im the only one who want back the old way? i mean every ac game have different age like ac1/ac2/ac3 but today ac games its nearly same time period ac3/ac4/rogue/unity.. this is getting boring.

First, as always, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!

But I must say that you come off fairly ignorant to me......you say old way, but it doesn't always mean better....you get what I'm saying. AC3/AC4 were great games in their own right....but everyone bats an eye because they were in 18th century. Yet AC2/ACB were in the SAME era that also featured the SAME character yet no one cares.

And I personally would like Victorian London, but it's too modern sadly.....but anything and I mean ANYTHING but Japan or China.....jesus people whine about that setting so much.....even though it's cool.

Egypt would be nice.....

Namikaze_17
08-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Actually, Jesus times would be VERY interesting for an AC game, and would have loads of awesome cities and story possibilities.

Problem is that it would be way too controversial if they ever made it.

Has anyone ever thought that Jesus was Aita/Sage?

I think that would explain alot of things.....like him telling people how Christianity is the "truth" to follow him or whatnot.....or perhaps show how much humanity is weak-willed or followers. Juno is his "father"....and the Romans that killed him were Templars who were searching for a POE.....so that makes sense.

DynastyEmpire
08-09-2014, 12:23 AM
Don't worry they will defiantly go back there's no way they would continue into the 19th century unless they did Europe or Asia other than they can't go any further because of vehicles.

so they have to jump back in time.

they can always do Atlantis:).

Also the trojan war:).

there's also the Ancient era, Medieval era which leads into king Arthur era & ottoman empire with Vlad the impaler, Medieval china, shogunate japan, Dynasty era & there are many other time periods they could jump back too.

So will have to see what gets leaked in late February 2015 which may get release in early march 2015 or gdc 2015.

Rakdarr
08-09-2014, 12:57 AM
Actually, no. The waterway you cross between the main city and the Galata Tower is the Golden Horn, not the Bosphorus Strait or the Sea of Marmara, which means all of the game took place in Europe. Then again, Cappadocia is in Asia, as is the Holy Land, so it doesn't matter.