PDA

View Full Version : Should I play Assassin Creed: Revelations after Assasin Creed 1? Then Revelation

KevinColors
08-07-2014, 02:48 AM
I just finished playing the first one. . . should I play revelations after? then after revelations do I go to brotherhood then the 2nd Assasin Creed?

iF THERE is a specific order , please tell me .

JustPlainQuirky
08-07-2014, 02:51 AM
AC:1
AC:2
AC: Brotherhood
AC:Revelations

in that order

then

AC:3
AC: Liberation
AC: IV
AC: Rogue
AC: Unity

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 02:53 AM
Technically you can play Rogue and Unity in whatever order you want, that's what I was told.

Apparently only the endings tie, and im pretty sure its minimal as in Shays daughter is Elise. That kind of info would mean it wouldnt matter playing either one before the other.

BUT I would play Rogue before Unity. I wouldnt want to learn a new control scheme, have the fluidity of Unity and go backwards to the "old" scheme

Jexx21
08-07-2014, 03:00 AM
AC:1
AC:2
AC:Revelations

in that order

then

AC:3
AC: IV

Actually, Liberation should probably come before AC3.

Fatal-Feit
08-07-2014, 03:02 AM
TBH, Liberation is not much of a priority. You won't miss anything if you skip it or play it last.

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 03:02 AM
Actually, Liberation should probably come before AC3.

Yeah but... Connor cameo would have no effect the other way around

KevinColors
08-07-2014, 03:20 AM
I dont have a ps4 yet everyone so only the ones that can be played on ps3 lol.

Jexx21
08-07-2014, 03:23 AM
Yeah but... Connor cameo would have no effect the other way around

Eh, does it matter?

I played Liberation first.

Locopells
08-07-2014, 11:59 AM
I would have to go with playing it second.

As for R & U, it depends on what modern day there is in them.

jamgamerforever
08-07-2014, 12:56 PM
Complete list with DLC marked by hyphens.

Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II (DLC will play automatically when bought)
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
- The Da Vinci Disappearance DLC (Brotherhood)
- The Lost Archive DLC (Revelations)
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Assassin's Creed III
- The Tyranny of King Washington DLC (III)
- Aveline DLC (IV: Black Flag - PS3/4 and PC only)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
- Freedom Cry DLC (IV: Black Flag)
Assassin's Creed: Rogue
Assassin's Creed: Unity

Legendz54
08-07-2014, 01:49 PM
I have no problem playing Rogue before Unity.. The only problem is having Unity sitting there for 2 weeks waiting for Rogue to come out without playing it.

RinoTheBouncer
08-07-2014, 02:05 PM
ACI
ACII
AC:B
AC:R
ACIII
AC:L
ACIV
AC:Ro
AC:U

Always play them in the correct order. The story is interconnected (and I hope itíll always be) and it all feels like a T.V. series, which you canít watch as random episodes. Itíll be more fun when played in order.

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 02:14 PM
I think the hardest thing is:

Having Unity wait on my shelf for 2 weeks until I can play Rogue.
Playing Unity first then going back to the "old" scheme of everything... and graphix

wvstolzing
08-07-2014, 02:19 PM
I think you should go with mayrice's list.

And if you like/care about the story, stay away from the forums or the wiki: AC1 through AC3 is considered pretty much public knowledge at this point, so the forums & wiki are literally saturated with spoilers of all sorts.

ps. If you have a PSP, you might also want to look at Bloodlines, anytime after AC1.

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 02:21 PM
I think you should go with mayrice's list.

And if you like/care about the story, stay away from the forums or the wiki: AC1 through AC3 is considered pretty much public knowledge at this point, so the forums & wiki are literally saturated with spoilers of all sorts.

ps. If you have a PSP, you might also want to look at Bloodlines, anytime after AC1.

Altair is dead
Ezio is dead

lul

Namikaze_17
08-07-2014, 02:23 PM
I just finished playing the first one. . . should I play revelations after? then after revelations do I go to brotherhood then the 2nd Assasin Creed?

iF THERE is a specific order , please tell me .

First, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

And the list goes:
AC: 1
AC: 2
AC: Revelations
AC: 3
AC: 4 Black Flag
AC: Freedom Cry

Rogue and Unity's order is up to you......I may have missed some handheld's DLC's, and Novels. but here's a few I can name up:
( Handhelds)
AC: Liberation ( Vita Version)
AC2: Discovery
AC: Bloodlines ( PSP)
AC1: Altair's Chronicles ( Optional gameplay/progression for Altair.
( DLC's)
AC3: Tyranny of King Washington
AC4: Freedom Cry
ACB: Da Vinci Disappearance
AC2: Pazzi Conspiracy.
( Novels)
AC: Secret Crusade
AC2: Renaissance
AC: The Chain ( Comic)
AC: The Fall ( Comic)
AC: Forsaken ( Haytham's story)
AC4: Black Flag
AC: Revelations
AC: Brahman ( India Assaasin)
AC: Aqulius ( Ancient Roman Assassin)

And Initiates in case you want to dive deeper into the Lore.

Hope I was of Help!

LatinaC09
08-07-2014, 02:24 PM
Play the games in the order they came out. They will make much more sense.

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 02:27 PM
I know Rogue then Unity makes sense, timeline wise.

BUT HOW IS ONE TO WAIT 2 WEEKS WITH UNITY ON THEIR SHELF?!?!?!?!

wvstolzing
08-07-2014, 03:02 PM

One shouldn't.

Seriously, if they're releasing ACRo later, that means there's no problem playing it later.

jayjay275
08-07-2014, 03:10 PM
I think Rogue won't have any modern day elements in it, like Liberation, right?

wvstolzing
08-07-2014, 03:13 PM
I think Rogue won't have any modern day elements in it, like Liberation, right?

Liberation had a pretty interesting modern day 'element' in it (hacking an 'Abstergo Entertainment product'), just no modern day 'gameplay'.
I actually expect both ACU and ACRo to build on Liberation's modern day, obviously with a lot more detail.

HIBEE12
08-07-2014, 03:14 PM
I know Rogue then Unity makes sense, timeline wise.

Stay up all day playing Rogue, inject yourself with adrenaline and start playing Unity , oh and try not to sleep

MetalGear312
08-07-2014, 03:20 PM
When I play through the series, usually I'll play in order of release or whatever feel chronologically correct.
The order I play is as follows:
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed: Revelations (much to my personal detriment)
Assassin's Creed: Liberation
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed IV

I don't know about Unity or Rogue, I suppose It'll be Unity first since it's going to be released first.

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 03:40 PM
Rogue does have a modern day

Bastiaen
08-07-2014, 03:43 PM
Rogue does have a modern day

Source? I sure hope it does. Maybe they'll wrap up Juno with Rogue so we can move on to something better with Unity. They keep talking about Unity like it's a new start, and Rogue like it wraps up the Kenway Saga... though it's not really a Kenway Saga since we've got a Cormac, but I refuse to call it the North American Saga.... That's just... Bad.

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 03:49 PM
Source? I sure hope it does. Maybe they'll wrap up Juno with Rogue so we can move on to something better with Unity. They keep talking about Unity like it's a new start, and Rogue like it wraps up the Kenway Saga... though it's not really a Kenway Saga since we've got a Cormac, but I refuse to call it the North American Saga.... That's just... Bad.

If they wrap up Juno with Rogue I will be very annoyed seeing as the everything led up to the point of her being released. It better not get shoe horned.

Bastiaen
08-07-2014, 03:53 PM
If they wrap up Juno with Rogue I will be very annoyed seeing as the everything led up to the point of her being released. It better not get shoe horned.

I get that, but with as weak as modern day was in Black Flag, I do kinda hope that they just finish it off with Rogue so that we can have some quality storytelling. So... Do you have a source for Rogue modern day?

wvstolzing
08-07-2014, 04:10 PM

They won't wrap up Juno for a long time to come. Darby said it outright in the Loomer interview.

HIBEE12
08-07-2014, 04:14 PM
They won't wrap up Juno for a long time to come. Darby said it outright in the Loomer interview.

I don't see why they would, isn't it the main point of modern day?

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 04:15 PM
I get that, but with as weak as modern day was in Black Flag, I do kinda hope that they just finish it off with Rogue so that we can have some quality storytelling. So... Do you have a source for Rogue modern day?

Sent you 2 PMs

@wvstolzing GOOD!

Dome500
08-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Yeah.

AC 1
AC 2
AC Brotherhood
AC Revelations

then (other era/period and protagonist family)

AC III
(AC Liberation) (not a main title, only the port of the PSP game)
ACIV

AC Unity
AC Rouge

Games you can play together:

AC1
ACR (though you will not understand the Ezio storyline)

AC2
AC Brotherhood
AC Revelations
(though you will have problems with the modern day storyline (is not that much though).

AC1
AC2

AC1
AC2
AC3

AC1
AC2
ACB
ACR
ACIII

ACIV can be played as standalone, no big connections to each other.

ACU is supposed to be a "new start", there will be a new MD and they will explain the whole Templar/Assassin Conflict again which means it will be as good as AC1 to "get into" the series.

tempest224
08-07-2014, 09:35 PM
play them in the order they were released, if you went from the first AC to revelations not much would make sense, you'd be playing from the point of view from an old italian guy that is looking for masyaf. if you didn't know much about the story you wouldnt know who he is why he's there or what's going on, then to go from him being old to him being a teen/young adult would make less sense but answer the questions that would undoubtedly have arisen from jumping from the fiirst to the fourth title.

ShoryukenMan
08-08-2014, 02:45 AM
Yeah, this is why I like numbers.

This is going to get so confusing for new fans down the line. Especially if they don't want to just jump right in with Unity and start from the beginning.

HDinHB
08-08-2014, 06:54 AM
BUT I would play Rogue before Unity. I wouldnt want to learn a new control scheme, have the fluidity of Unity and go backwards to the "old" scheme

Thanks, I'm still deciding whether to buy Unity or Rogue first, and this is a good way of looking at it. If Unity is truly amazing, Rogue might suffer by comparison.

And to Ubi, the OP is why having numbers helps.

Edit: agreeing with ShoryukenMan

jamgamerforever
08-08-2014, 07:10 AM
They hardly need to be numbered. Typing "Assassin's Creed" into Wikipedia will very easily give you the release order.

KevinColors
08-09-2014, 08:31 AM
Hello, and thankyou the people who welcomed me to the forums. I forgot to mention that I dont really have much money to buy these other games. Most of the Assasin Creed games im getting are from Gamefly .

The other games most of you guys are referring to probably are 20 bucks or more which I most likely dont have lol .

phoenix-force411
08-09-2014, 10:28 AM
I believe some deaths within the books don't match up to the way they die in the games.