PDA

View Full Version : Who has been the best Assassin?

andrewnorman81
08-06-2014, 09:11 PM
This is hard even for me to answer there are so many ways to say one was better then the other, Taking out game design (be able to swim use guns and steer a ship) I still can't say who is better. However i can give my thought on the different assassins.

I really thought that Alta´r was a great over all assassin. Great fighter, and in later games he was a great leader, and a great commander. He tought of different weapons and fighting tactics, also changed the hidden blade.

What made Ezio the best assassin was cause he wanted to learn how to be an assassin,he was very flamboyant, and the best over all assassin. Throughout out his games you saw him become the grand master assassin so you know that he can teach and lead at the sometime, and come on he was a assassin for like 30 plus years and still could wipe the floor with any assassin. Also want made him the best was his story arc.

Conor was the type of assassin that you wanted to play as just to kill people he was a brute force he was the best fighter. He was bigger and bulkier than other assassin and he was the loudest assassin. Plus he had he no stealth at all. If he would have really and i mean really had some training he could have been some much better.

Aveline was great at hiding in plain sight, for her size she was a good fighter.

Edward was a great fighter but he had no Stealth at all he was the most reckless assassin other than Conor. Edward was not even an assassin he just killed a man and took his clothes. I think If you could have seen Edward become an assassin like we saw Ezio then i would feel better about Edward.I feel that both Edward and Conor story lines were so robbed.

Let me know if you agree or disagree.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 09:12 PM
.....................This thread is going to go places.

Teh baste asin is ubvsly Shay

Dome500
08-06-2014, 09:13 PM
Best Assassin? Altair IMO.
Devoted to the Brotherhood from start to finish, reckless fighter, Blade in the Crowd, wise in Age.

Xstantin
08-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Edward was a great fighter but he had no Stealth at all he was the most reckless assassin other than Conor

Okay :rolleyes:.

GunnerGalactico
08-06-2014, 09:15 PM
All the Assassins are good and special in their own way.

Kaschra
08-06-2014, 09:17 PM
Petruccio was the best assassin

Namikaze_17
08-06-2014, 09:17 PM
Altair.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/020/6/4/altair_inspirational_quote_by_inferiplasma-d5s3n8w.jpg&imgrefurl=http://inferiplasma.deviantart.com/art/Altair-Inspirational-Quote-349530224&h=1055&w=1600&tbnid=9E8G3n_2cU_9KM:&zoom=1&q=altair+quote&docid=TPwoBFk9G7EndM&ei=MY3iU9jvN7T-8AHL54HoAQ&tbm=isch&ved=0CB4QMygBMAE

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-06-2014, 09:18 PM
This may lead to trouble...

And don't we have a thread on this already?

SHADOWGARVIN
08-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Edward was a great fighter but he had no Stealth at all he was the most reckless assassin other than Conor.

This depends on your own playstyle.

NekoKera
08-06-2014, 09:59 PM
The best assassin is the one that you never see. :rolleyes:

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Remember guys, it says BEST ASSASSIN.

Not favourite Assassin ;)

Sigv4rd
08-06-2014, 10:21 PM
The OP is hilarious...

Altair

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Altair as well. Devoted from the start and is the only Assassin to be an Assassin to not gain something for himself

Loki Will Rule
08-06-2014, 11:39 PM
Seeing as it's best Assassin, I'm going to have to go with Altair.

m4r-k7
08-06-2014, 11:46 PM
There is no answer to the best assassin as the greatness of the assassin depended on the game system lol
For example, Connor and Edward were the best fighters as the anvil next engine combat system allowed you to kill armies of men. Because of this, Connor and Edward were much stronger at fighting than Ezio and Altair.
However, AC 1 had a higher emphasis on stealth and so Altair can be considered the best assassin at stealth.
You really can't say who is the best as it all depends on the mechanics of each game and the opportunities Ubisoft gave us. I don't think the games do the assassins justice at portaying the capabilities of each assassin as they advance the gameplay in different ways in each game. They say Altair is the legendary assassin but in reality Connor could kill Altair in combat easily (because Connors fighting is based on the combat of AC 3 + 4)
Also, they are portaying Arno as "the deadliest assassin yet" whilst they are saying he will have problems handling more than 3 guys in combat. For this reason its impossible to say.

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 12:10 AM
There is no answer to the best assassin as the greatness of the assassin depended on the game system lol
For example, Connor and Edward were the best fighters as the anvil next engine combat system allowed you to kill armies of men. Because of this, Connor and Edward were much stronger at fighting than Ezio and Altair.
However, AC 1 had a higher emphasis on stealth and so Altair can be considered the best assassin at stealth.
You really can't say who is the best as it all depends on the mechanics of each game and the opportunities Ubisoft gave us. I don't think the games do the assassins justice at portaying the capabilities of each assassin as they advance the gameplay in different ways in each game. They say Altair is the legendary assassin but in reality Connor could kill Altair in combat easily (because Connors fighting is based on the combat of AC 3 + 4)
Also, they are portaying Arno as "the deadliest assassin yet" whilst they are saying he will have problems handling more than 3 guys in combat. For this reason its impossible to say.

Its not impossible to say. You need to base it off characters and motives, not on gameplay.

m4r-k7
08-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Its not impossible to say. You need to base it off characters and motives, not on gameplay.

For example.....?

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 12:17 AM
For example.....?

Altair was devoted from the start, he then became stubborn, thought he was the best and was set on a learning quest. Even after the events of AC1 he fought for the Assassin's, despite being seen as an Outcast.

Ezio in AC2 fought for Revenge, not the Creed. He just wanted to hunt down the people he had involvement to people who killed his family.
Ezio in ACB was finishing his Revenge story.
Ezio in ACR was set on his own vain quest to find out what his life meant.

Connor fought to save his people, he joined the Assassin's as he was told it would help save his people. It just so happened that it was the Templars threatening his land.

Edward didnt give 2 sheets.

aL_____eX
08-07-2014, 12:18 AM
Altair - he represented everything the creed stands for best.

m4r-k7
08-07-2014, 12:23 AM
Altair was devoted from the start, he then became stubborn, thought he was the best and was set on a learning quest. Even after the events of AC1 he fought for the Assassin's, despite being seen as an Outcast.

Ezio in AC2 fought for Revenge, not the Creed. He just wanted to hunt down the people he had involvement to people who killed his family.
Ezio in ACB was finishing his Revenge story.
Ezio in ACR was set on his own vain quest to find out what his life meant.

Connor fought to save his people, he joined the Assassin's as he was told it would help save his people. It just so happened that it was the Templars threatening his land.

Edward didnt give 2 sheets.

Yes but in order to understand who the "best" assassin is you can't just look at their motives but you have to also look at the way in which they complete their quest, and that is done via gameplay and the way Ubisoft portay the character. The way in which they portayed Connor was done via his brute force and his brute force did allow him to complete his quest. Does that mean he is "better" than the other assassins? No because each assassin did things differently as thats what Ubisoft wanted (which is shown via the gameplay opportunities) There is no straight answer. You could say Altair is the best assassin as he probably learnt the most and was the most dedicated assassin out of the characters, but then you could say Connor was the best assassin as he fought the most and completed his quest succesfully, whilst learning a reasonable amount of knowledge.

Jexx21
08-07-2014, 12:25 AM
Equal. They're all brothers, there is no "best."

Fatal-Feit
08-07-2014, 12:37 AM
Actually, I think Ezio was the more reckless and less stealthy than Connor and Edward combined. I can't recall a mission in AC:2 or Brotherhood where he doesn't willingly jump out at the enemies and start a damn chase sequence.

Anyway, after finishing Forsaken and AC:IV's novel, I think the best Assassins are the Kenway family. Their saga gave the most value and conviction of the order than any before.

Locopells
08-07-2014, 12:42 AM
This may lead to trouble...

And don't we have a thread on this already?

Watching...

And yeah, this happens about every 6 months...

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 12:44 AM
Actually, I think Ezio was the more reckless and less stealthy than Connor and Edward combined. I can't recall a mission in AC:2 or Brotherhood where he doesn't willingly jump out at the enemies and start a damn chase sequence.

Anyway, after finishing Forsaken and AC:IV's novel, I think the best Assassins are the Kenway family. Their saga gave the most value and conviction of the order than any before.

wut? Edward did nothing for the Assassin's. Haytham wasn't an Assassin and Connor joined to save his people, coincidentally the people threatening his land were Templars

Namikaze_17
08-07-2014, 12:48 AM
It all depends on what category you classify them.

Knowledge- Altair
Understanding- Ezio
Wisdom- Connor
Passion- Edward

Take your Pick!

Legends1997
08-07-2014, 12:48 AM
It all depends on there gadgets mostly, however Ezio seemed to get better with age, even quicker.

Fatal-Feit
08-07-2014, 12:51 AM
wut? Edward did nothing for the Assassin's. Haytham wasn't an Assassin and Connor joined to save his people, coincidentally the people threatening his land were Templars

The Templar weren't threatening his land, persay. They wanted to purchase it to keep others away.

Anyway, for me, it's not about who did the most. Because in that case, Altair's undoubtedly the best. I'm more concerned with their own individual stories. Their journeys that furthered their beliefs in the order. I wasn't referring to Haytham, just to get that out. --Although, he's my favorite Templar. The Kenways simply faced the most interesting challenges, IMO. They were thrown into a difficult situation, and had conflicts against enemies with justifiable convictions of their own.

JustPlainQuirky
Wisdom- Connor

http://riverofhopehutchinson.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/wait-what-gif.gif

pacmanate
Watching...

And yeah, this happens about every 6 minutes..

fixed :p

Sesheenku
Altair of course.

Knowledge- Altair
Understanding- Ezio
Wisdom- Connor
Passion- Edward

Take your Pick!

Whut nao?

Altair -> Knowledge, wisdom, strategy, leadership, stealth

Ezio -> Inquisitive, devoted, brave, strong,

Connor -> Combat, tenacity, optimism, strength of character

Edward -> Balanced, clever, quick, dexterous

Namikaze_17
08-07-2014, 12:52 AM

But it's their experiences along with their understanding of Both orders that teach us to believe what WE WANT to.....regardless of what anyone says.

Plus they all have strong Convictions in their orders/beliefs like various times Connor said he would die to preserve Freedom for Humanity....or Haytham dying to bring direction to the world.

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 12:55 AM

Knowledge- Altair
Understanding- Ezio
Wisdom- Connor
Passion- Edward

Take your Pick!

It says "Best Assassin" not "Best Characteristic".

Connor had no Wisdom. I'm sorry, and i know it will piss you off, but he didn't. He joined for one reason, save his people. Not to mention he kept fighting for "Freedom", like Haytham says, its an invitation to chaos.

Ezio had what understanding? His whole story was a revenge story, minus ACR which was a "find myself" quest.

Edwards "passion" for money also has nothing to do with the Assassins.

Altair is the only one that truely had assassin motives.

The Templar weren't threatening his land, persay. They wanted to purchase it to keep others away.

Anyway, for me, it's not about who did the most. Because in that case, Altair's undoubtedly the best. I'm more concerned with their own individual stories. Their journeys that furthered their beliefs in the order. I wasn't referring to Haytham, just to get that out. --Although, he's my favorite Templar.

Purchasing Connors land was still threatening it and it Connors eyes they were taking his peoples freedom away and I know why he did what he did.

JustPlainQuirky
08-07-2014, 12:57 AM
Yeah Connor is a naive idiot. The descisions he made were just..aughh...

but that's why I love him.

He's a lovable naive idiot.

Fatal-Feit
08-07-2014, 12:58 AM
Purchasing Connors land was still threatening it and it Connors eyes they were taking his peoples freedom away and I know why he did what he did.

A one time thing, to be fair. For the most part, Haytham did play a role in supporting Connor's endeavors.

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 01:02 AM
A one time thing, to be fair. For the most part, Haytham did play a role in supporting Connor's endeavors.

Juno told him he had to stop those people, showed a floating picture she took with her first Civ camera and said his people would get fooked if he didn't look for the assassin's.

It was all Juno, not Haytham.

Namikaze_17
08-07-2014, 01:04 AM

Connor had no Wisdom. I'm sorry, and i know it will piss you off, but he didn't. He joined for one reason, save his people. Not to mention he kept fighting for "Freedom", like Haytham says, its an invitation to chaos.

Ezio had what understanding? His whole story was a revenge story, minus ACR which was a "find myself" quest.

Connor had Wisdom to Never make the Same mistakes ever again.....Ezio had Understanding in his place in the world. And Edward had Passion to fight for the ones he lost in his selfish acts and ones he had to protect.
( I.e Haytham, Jenny)

Just more in detail for ya....I also understand your point too.

Fatal-Feit
08-07-2014, 01:09 AM
Juno told him he had to stop those people, showed a floating picture she took with her first Civ camera and said his people would get fooked if he didn't look for the assassin's.

It was all Juno, not Haytham.

What? That has nothing to do with what I said. Juno gave Connor the direction, but Haytham gave actual support.

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 01:19 AM
What? That has nothing to do with what I said. Juno gave Connor the direction, but Haytham gave actual support.

I'm confused, you win. It's 1am :p

I keep reading "hippie" as "nipple"

EmbodyingSeven5
08-07-2014, 03:43 AM
Altiar he abided the creed but still questioned which means he did not follow it blindly. other assassins sort of did this but I think altair did it best

Assassin_M
08-07-2014, 04:04 AM
I really thought that Alta´r was a great over all assassin. Great fighter, and in later games he was a great leader, and a great commander. He tought of different weapons and fighting tactics, also changed the hidden blade.
Changing hidden blades, inventing guns...etc have nothing to do with being an Assassin, just how intelligent someone is.

What made Ezio the best assassin was cause he wanted to learn how to be an assassin,he was very flamboyant, and the best over all assassin. Throughout out his games you saw him become the grand master assassin so you know that he can teach and lead at the sometime, and come on he was a assassin for like 30 plus years and still could wipe the floor with any assassin. Also want made him the best was his story arc.
Lol, no. Ezio never wanted to learn how to be an Assassin, he never really cared. How does flamboyance pertain to being a better assassin? teaching is leading, every one of the main Assassins has done teaching AND leading.

see, you're trying to sound impartial but you're saying he can wipe the floor with any Assassin...how do you know that? You don't talk about ANYTHING pertaining to being an Assassin and yet you came to this conclusion? You don't talk about Ezio's accomplishments, his tactics, his skills NOTHING.

Conor was the type of assassin that you wanted to play as just to kill people he was a brute force he was the best fighter. He was bigger and bulkier than other assassin and he was the loudest assassin. Plus he had he no stealth at all. If he would have really and i mean really had some training he could have been some much better.
Connor*

No, Connor was not the loudest Assassin--for one, he never blew up an entire city, started a riot that caused the death of tens of innocents and destroyed the market in the arsenal, constantly blew up towers all over Rome...etc All the Assassins had their "loud" moments, Connor is not an exception.

Yes, he had stealth. He blew up 2 ships that had 7 guards on them without being detected, infiltrated a majorly guarded British fort without being detected, He infiltrated Johnson's compound without being detected, he infiltrated a British camp without being detected, he infiltrated every Fort around NY, Boston and the Frontier (you can do that), he was literally a ghost, like all the other Assassins.

Aveline was great at hiding in plain sight, for her size she was a good fighter.
For her size?? she threw people around like dolls.

Edward was a great fighter but he had no Stealth at all he was the most reckless assassin other than Conor. Edward was not even an assassin he just killed a man and took his clothes. I think If you could have seen Edward become an assassin like we saw Ezio then i would feel better about Edward.I feel that both Edward and Conor story lines were so robbed.
Edward was an Assassin at the last 10 minutes of the story like Ezio, what are you talking about? he HAD stealth, don't you play the games?? Edward was like...the EPITOME of stealth. He infiltrated Prinz's estate without being detected, infiltrated a Fort in Havana without being detected, assassinated Ben Hornigold without being detected, infiltrated a Pirate camp in West Africa without being detected and emptied A LOT of plantations without being detected.

Let me know if you agree or disagree.
I think this thread is pointless..

Everybody ignore Pac, he just never paid proper attention to AC III's story.

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 04:08 AM
Everybody ignore Pac, he just never paid proper attention to AC III's story.

Huh? Yeah I did. Connors actions were never for the Assassin's at all.

Assassin_M
08-07-2014, 04:13 AM
Huh? Yeah I did. Connors actions were never for the Assassin's at all.
I rest my case...no, you didn't.

Fatal-Feit
08-07-2014, 04:17 AM
That's nothing worth noting, Pac. He still had the conviction and belief of an Assassin. I mean, how many times have he not been persuaded to leave the order because he believed in their ideals? He was an Assassin through and through. Freedom and liberty are of the Assassins' goals. <--That's exactly what Connor strive for.

Something actually worth noting is Ezio in AC:2. His actions were never intended for the Assassins. He simply wanted revenge, from beginning to end. He never questioned anything. The closest he'd achieved to becoming an Assassin was his skills.

Assassin_M
08-07-2014, 04:22 AM
That's nothing worth noting, Pac. He still had the conviction and belief of an Assassin. I mean, how many times have he not been persuaded to leave the order because he believed in their ideals? He was an Assassin through and through. Freedom and liberty are of the Assassins' goals. <--That's exactly what Connor strive for.
Lets not forget the fact that he rebuilt the Assassins HQ by recruiting COLONISTS to live on it and prosper and spent his own money on a lot of the place's expenses, He also recruited people from NY and Boston to bolster the Brotherhood, he liberated the cities of NY and Boston from Templar tyranny and saved them from famine, diseases and corruption.

I hardly see how any of this benefited Connor's people.

Something actually worth noting is Ezio in AC:2. His actions were never for the Assassins. He simply wanted revenge, from beginning to end. He never questioned anything. The closest he'd achieved to becoming an Assassin was his skills.
YES, thank you. I'll just paste a part of my favorite post here about this.

Going back to Ezio's unexplained sudden "maturity", Ezio really has no reason to fight the Templars in Venice...or Templars at all, really since he makes it pretty clear that he's only after revenge by pursuing Rodrigo. The quest is minimized to a list of names on a sheet of paper that Ezio has to eliminate....uhhh why? because his uncle told him so although AGAIN, it was shown that Ezio never really cared for the dribble that his uncle talked about in the office about the Codex pages and Giovanni's work. We are then left with a story of a repoman....except instead of taking your stuff, he stabs you in the face.

This brings me to the Revelation that EVERYONE Ezio has met and allied with was an Assassin....yaaaaaay, surpriiiiiiiise, I wont speak about how contrived and nonsensical this is but how in the hell is shoving Machiavelli in there in any way relevant? He was friggin 19 and he was supposed to be some big boss.....WHAT?
Ezio's motivations are also another point of frustration. He joins the Assassins and becomes fully dedicated to eradicating Templar tyranny--which FINALLY brings his actions in sync with his motivations after 5 sequences of aimlessness--No more revenge "Revenge would have consumed me but i'm fine now" GREAT, man...great. Anyone remember Altair's conversation with Richard in Arsuf after killing Robert? when Richard asks why Altair came this far to kill one man? Altair's entire motivations, progression and goals were summarized in that bit. Richard erroneously thinks Altair was here for revenge--and he would have been correct if it was in the beginning of the game--but Altair corrects him and tells him that it was rather justice, than revenge, full circle.
Now, with Ezio...he shifts and jumps in the last 5 minutes of the game...we're under the impression that Ezio is only pursuing Rodrigo because he's a Templar...no more revenge because he's totally over it, right? No..."I thought i was beyond this but i'm not" oh....okay then, so...you're still kinda finding your place in the dedication of the Creed, yeah? okay, mate...kill him, one less Templar for the Creed but then..."killing you wont bring my family back, i'm done"--WHAT? so you're not over revenge but wait you're over it and you're a dedicated assassin but wait, you're not because you're...over revenge? how does this make any sense?

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 05:00 AM
I rest my case...no, you didn't.
They weren't directly, it just so happened that to save his land he had to stop the Templars.

Can you explain?

I think this is worth noting:

"Following her confrontation with Officer Davidson, Aveline met with Connor again. Due to her recent work and the information learnt from Davidson, she had begun to feel uncertain about the means and ways of the Assassins. She asked Connor whether he believed fighting as an Assassin was the right thing to do, but instead of picking either side, Connor responded that he "trusted in his own hands" to be able to separate right from wrong"

Assassin_M
08-07-2014, 05:08 AM
They weren't directly, it just so happened that to save his land he had to stop the Templars.

Can you explain?
Sure.

If Connor only cared about his people, why would he continue assisting Patriots and GW after he ordered an attack on his village? If Connor only cared about his people, why would he help colonists who were in trouble and give them new lives from his own expenses? if Connor only cared about his people, why would he recruit Assassins to bolster up the Brotherhood? if Connor only cared about his people, why would he go around the Eastern coast with his Aquila to keep Pirates and poachers away thus keeping COLONIAL settlements safe? if Connor only cared about his people, why would he send his recruits to tend to the wounded after battles on both British and Colonist sides? if Connor only cared about his people, why would he send recruits to minimize casualties in battles between Colonists and British on both sides? if Connor only cared about his people, why would he be willing to unite with the Templars and throw away his hatred for Charles Lee and his father for (what he thought to be true) their roles in his mother's death and burning of his village? if Connor only cared about his people, why would he still be an Assassin after his people left the village? why would he focus on bolstering up the Brotherhood and train Eseosa?

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 05:12 AM
Sure.

If Connor only cared about his people, why would he continue assisting Patriots and GW after he ordered an attack on his village? If Connor only cared about his people, why would he help colonists who were in trouble and give them new lives from his own expenses? if Connor only cared about his people, why would he recruit Assassins to bolster up the Brotherhood? if Connor only cared about his people, why would he go around the Eastern coast with his Aquila to keep Pirates and poachers away thus keeping COLONIAL settlements safe? if Connor only cared about his people, why would he send his recruits to tend to the wounded after battles on both British and Colonist sides? if Connor only cared about his people, why would he send recruits to minimize casualties in battles between Colonists and British on both sides? if Connor only cared about his people, why would he be willing to unite with the Templars and throw away his hatred for Charles Lee and his father for (what he thought to be true) their roles in his mother's death and burning of his village? if Connor only cared about his people, why would he still be an Assassin after his people left the village? why would he focus on bolstering up the Brotherhood and train Eseosa?

Remind me to reply to this tomorrow

Assassin_M
08-07-2014, 05:13 AM
Remind me to reply to this tomorrow
HAH, if you can...do you really have a reply to this?

Megas_Doux
08-07-2014, 05:15 AM
Altair!!!!!

Assassin_M
08-07-2014, 05:22 AM
"Following her confrontation with Officer Davidson, Aveline met with Connor again. Due to her recent work and the information learnt from Davidson, she had begun to feel uncertain about the means and ways of the Assassins. She asked Connor whether he believed fighting as an Assassin was the right thing to do, but instead of picking either side, Connor responded that he "trusted in his own hands" to be able to separate right from wrong"

And? how does that pertain to anything? He trusts his own hands to choose right from wrong and he chose the Assassins, so he trusts his choice of being with the Assassins. The Wikia excerpt about not taking a side is not fact. His reply is impartial but it's not NOT taking a side.

besides, all of the Assassins had doubts about what they did...heck, Altair himself admitted that thinking that the Creed would put an end to conflict was foolish.

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 05:23 AM
HAH, if you can...do you really have a reply to this?

I dont know, its 5am and I havent slept yet and all I see are words, I will TRY too tomorrow. If I can't, you have shown me the light. I don't care about being disproven if it helps be understand watermelon

Assassin_M
08-07-2014, 05:24 AM
I dont know, its 5am and I havent slept yet and all I see are words, I will TRY too tomorrow. If I can't, you have shown me the light. I don't care about being disproven if it helps be understand watermelon
Good man, we shall meet again tomorrow.

I-Like-Pie45
08-07-2014, 05:36 AM
Jack the Ripper

HiddenKiller612
08-07-2014, 05:48 AM
Jack the Ripper
I think you mean H. H. Holmes

I-Like-Pie45
08-07-2014, 05:57 AM
We can all agree that the worst Assassin is Stephane Champeau

Assassin_M
08-07-2014, 05:58 AM
We can all agree that the worst Assassin is Stephane Champeau
indeed

Jexx21
08-07-2014, 06:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ycm16Zz.png

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 06:04 AM
Well why wouldn't Ubi employees say its good?

runs away

jk.. kinda.

I-Like-Pie45
08-07-2014, 06:10 AM
You're on the watchlist now Pac

Better be careful when drinking water in the next few days

I remember what happened when I said Darby had a bad haircut and Ubisoft found out about it

Assassin_M
08-07-2014, 06:16 AM
Here're each of the Assassins' loud moments to put this argument to rest once and for all...

Altair: Chased Talal all over Jerusalem and fought his way through a battlefield in Arsuf.

Ezio: Fought his way through a town with dozens of mercenaries, fought his way through Salviatti's estate with mercenaries, caused widespread havoc in Venice with the flying Machine, started skirmishes at the Venice Arsenal, blew up towers all over Rome, used various war machines to destroy and blow up entire fleets of other machines, blew up an entire city and killing hundreds, starting a riot at the Istanbul arsenal and killing tens of people, burning down a fleet after destroying a tower.

Connor: Partook in many Naval battles, took part in the Boston tea party, barged into Hickey's hideout, commanded forces for battle in Monmouth and Concord, chased Lee all over Boston, exposed himself to Lee at Haytham's funeral.

Edward: Took part in many Naval battles and plundering activities, brought down a Spanish fleet, destroyed numerous forts, chased a guy all over Charles-Towne, blew up the blockade on Nassau, used explosives to protect a bureau.

Namikaze_17
08-07-2014, 07:50 AM
@M.

So pretty much a debate on who broke the First Tenet the Most? Lolollol.

I'd Say Altair gave off the least attention.

MetalGear312
08-07-2014, 08:04 AM
Connor, he was on a mission and stayed true to it. He also did something few of his predecessors ever did, he questioned the motives of his brotherhood and chose to stay because it resonated with him. On a more physical note, he is thus far the most mobile, (Arno might take this particular cake) as for his combat ability, he is definantly one of the top fighters in the series. This is mostly a laundry list, but if anyone wants to add anything feel free to do so.

andrewnorman81
08-07-2014, 03:38 PM
By loud I did not mean how he accomplished the mission. I meant that for being an Native American he should have be quite and light on his feet. Yes he did get people to join the creed, but since the creed was all but dead they was no one to train them. And Connor was not a leader nor was he even ready to train anyone. Yes Aveline was a great fighter but I just don't like her. And your being flamboyant had nothing to do with being a great assassin. However being flamboyant gave Ezio style.

Assassin_M
08-07-2014, 04:27 PM
By loud I did not mean how he accomplished the mission. I meant that for being an Native American he should have be quite and light on his feet.
Uhh, that's not even a mechanic in the game. This pertains to nothing so it's moot.

Yes he did get people to join the creed, but since the creed was all but dead they was no one to train them.
There actually was, you need to pay attention more to the games you play. Connor would train his recruits in the homestead that he rebuilt, then he sent his recruits on missions all over the east coast and he trained them with using the Aquila.

And Connor was not a leader nor was he even ready to train anyone.
He was a leader. He was captain of his own ship by 19 and de-facto leader of the Colonial Assassins. How was he not ready? His captaincy of the Aquila heralded many victories for the Assassins--under his leadership, they raided Templar forts, brought down Nicholas Biddle and Benjamin Church, helped the french gain victory in the Chesapeake and kept the coast safe for traders for many years. Under his initiative, the homestead grew and expanded and it flourished like it never did before, providing the Assassins with a strong headquarters, so tell me...how was he not ready?

Yes Aveline was a great fighter but I just don't like her.
Oh so not liking an Assassin counts towards them being a great assassin?

And your being flamboyant had nothing to do with being a great assassin. However being flamboyant gave Ezio style.
Same point, what does style have to do with anything? an Assassin should be quick and to the point, like Altair and Connor. Kills should be quick, hitting vital parts efficiently. Style and flamboyance are actually more of a hindrance to being a great assassin.

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 04:29 PM
Flamboyant Assassin incoming

http://www.vespermagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/8.gif

Assassin_M
08-07-2014, 04:33 PM
Flamboyant Assassin incoming

http://www.vespermagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/8.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m65ie3o0511qlp4x9o1_500.gif

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 04:36 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m65ie3o0511qlp4x9o1_500.gif

http://www.jamspreader.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ummm-no.gif

ze_topazio
08-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Uhh, that's not even a mechanic in the game. This pertains to nothing so it's moot.

There actually was, you need to pay attention more to the games you play. Connor would train his recruits in the homestead that he rebuilt, then he sent his recruits on missions all over the east coast and he trained them with using the Aquila.

He was a leader. He was captain of his own ship by 19 and de-facto leader of the Colonial Assassins. How was he not ready? His captaincy of the Aquila heralded many victories for the Assassins--under his leadership, they raided Templar forts, brought down Nicholas Biddle and Benjamin Church, helped the french gain victory in the Chesapeake and kept the coast safe for traders for many years. Under his initiative, the homestead grew and expanded and it flourished like it never did before, providing the Assassins with a strong headquarters, so tell me...how was he not ready?

Oh so not liking an Assassin counts towards them being a great assassin?

Same point, what does style have to do with anything? an Assassin should be quick and to the point, like Altair and Connor. Kills should be quick, hitting vital parts efficiently. Style and flamboyance are actually more of a hindrance to being a great assassin.

You mean the guy that uselessly and brutally slashes his armorless victims 100 times before giving the final blow that he could have used in the beginning? definitely quicker and more efficient than Ezio and his one-hit kills, if only he didn't do it with some style.

http://i.imgur.com/zScuvXG.gif

Assassin_M
08-07-2014, 05:01 PM
You mean the guy that uselessly and brutally slashes his armorless victims 100 times before giving the final blow that he could have used in the beginning? definitely quicker and more efficient than Ezio and his one-hit kills, if only he didn't do it with some style.

http://i.imgur.com/zScuvXG.gif
it's just one animation where he slashes his victims 7 times, A LOT of Ezio's animation involves that type of animation and now I love you

Dome500
08-07-2014, 05:06 PM
Liked Altairs "straight to the point", he was devoted the most to the Assassins, Connor had secondary reasons for his crusade, Altair didn't.
Both doubted the Creed and then decided to stay, Altair devoted his whole live to the Assassins.

I just think Altair was the more skilled, more Stealth and overall more devoted. He was the best Assassin to date.

Yes, Connor was a brute of a fighter and very skilled. But I do not blame him for being how he is, I blame the circumstances around him.
He might have been better than Altair if the situation would have been different. But with a destroyed Colonial Brothehood, a lost mother, a burned village, a templar father and a lot of colliding feelings there is IMO no way he could have turned out better than he was in the end.

I don't like him personally, but that's not the point here, we are talking solely about who was the best ASSASSIN, not who was the favorite Assassin or the best man.

If you ask me who was my favorite.... difficult... but I'd say Ezio or Altair. They are both on one level for me. On the other hand Altair was more badass and the better Assassin. So I's say he is rather my favorite. Although I find Ezio very charming and I like him very much I think the stoic nature of Altair, his arrogance in the beginning and his wisdom in the end, his devotion to the Creed and his philosophic nature, all combined in the end make him my favorite, but they also make him the best Assassin in my personal opinion.

Assassin_M
08-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Connor had secondary reasons for his crusade
So did Ezio.

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 05:12 PM
So did Ezio.

http://media.tumblr.com/c9bb73fb42f7e94cce80ac49d5b55803/tumblr_inline_n9fx4oGlwq1sohk3w.gif

Assassin_M
08-07-2014, 05:14 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/c9bb73fb42f7e94cce80ac49d5b55803/tumblr_inline_n9fx4oGlwq1sohk3w.gif
http://37.media.tumblr.com/35028b0c3c0f38b7cdb3d2c08dee0dd3/tumblr_n19pz6cfCj1trxjq2o3_400.gif

lothario-da-be
08-07-2014, 05:15 PM
The best Assassin is the one with the most recent game.

Namikaze_17
08-07-2014, 05:16 PM
Like earlier......I say Altair.

However I prefer Assassin's who are serious and to the point like how Connor and Altair are.....I like Ezio ( alot really) but I always felt he was too unfocused and on other business rather than being an Assassin.

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 05:19 PM
The best Assassin is the one with the most recent game.

But.. that's Edward D:

lothario-da-be
08-07-2014, 05:22 PM
But.. that's Edward D:
He sneaked into the Assassin hideout with barely any training, and before that he fights of assassins in the streets of Havana :p
That already makes him the best Assassin of the Caribbean :p

jayjay275
08-07-2014, 05:22 PM
Are we all forgetting Machiavelli here or was he a scapegrace not worth mentioning?

Namikaze_17
08-07-2014, 05:23 PM
But.. that's Edward D:

What's wrong with Edward?

lothario-da-be
08-07-2014, 05:25 PM
What's wrong with Edward?
He is a Pirate.

jayjay275
08-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Was Petruccio an assassin?

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Was Petruccio an assassin?

He collected feathers for a living

ze_topazio
08-07-2014, 05:31 PM
it's just one animation where he slashes his victims 7 times, A LOT of Ezio's animation involves that type of animation and now I love you

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1535/15350830/2527433-tumblr_lxsmyl4toe1qgbpw2o1_500.gif

Namikaze_17
08-07-2014, 05:37 PM
He is a Pirate.

I prefer 'Common Man' really......but whatever.

jayjay275
08-07-2014, 05:37 PM
He collected feathers for a living

At least he died doing what he loved... the damn kid never told us why he wanted those feathers...

----
Connor was stealthily, I mean even Charles didn't know who he was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfA9jkvJFcA

ze_topazio
08-07-2014, 05:41 PM
At least he died doing what he loved... the damn kid never told us why he wanted those feathers...

Maybe he wanted a jacket like this.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/615cb71e489a99658fcdf38f69aad8ca/tumblr_myv19ngjgt1rdvon0o1_1280.jpg

jayjay275
08-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Maybe he wanted a jacket like this.

Wasn't he a guy, though?

Namikaze_17
08-07-2014, 05:47 PM

----
Connor was stealthily, I mean even Charles didn't know who he was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr1q5xyVBJ0#t=1020

I agree. 100% Everyone thinks/thought he was so un-stealthy but alot of stuff he did went un-noticed really. If anyone was really "un-stealthy" it was ACB Ezio....Jesus Christ he couldn't have made his battle with the Templars any more obvious to the Public. Especially when he was screaming: "Victory for the Assassin's!" in the middle of the street.

ze_topazio
08-07-2014, 05:52 PM
Wasn't he a guy, though?

Renaissance fashion was all kinds of crazy.

jayjay275
08-07-2014, 05:52 PM
Renaissance fashion was all kinds of crazy.

I guess that is why Machiavelli looks so weird but stylish at the same time.

Assassin_M
08-07-2014, 05:55 PM
I agree. 100% Everyone thinks/thought he was so un-stealthy but alot of stuff he did went un-noticed really. If anyone was really "un-stealthy" it was ACB Ezio....Jesus Christ he couldn't have made his battle with the Templars any more obvious to the Public. Especially when he was screaming: "Victory for the Assassin's!" in the middle of the street.
I love it how people get on Connor's case for exposing himself to Lee but then no one bats an eye to when Ezio exposed himself MULTIPLE times to Cesare openly.

jayjay275
08-07-2014, 05:58 PM
I love it how people get on Connor's case for exposing himself to Lee but then no one bats an eye to when Ezio exposed himself MULTIPLE times to Cesare openly.

"Come then Ezio! My sword will take your life!" Ezio could've just assassinated him, but still the fight was awesome.

Assassin_M
08-07-2014, 06:06 PM
"Come then Ezio! My sword will take your life!" Ezio could've just assassinated him, but still the fight was awesome.
it's not just that time, it was all over Rome when Cesare was poisoned.

jayjay275
08-07-2014, 06:09 PM
it's not just that time, it was all over Rome when Cesare was poisoned.

Oh no, I know. It wasn't directly at Cesare either. The burning down of the Borgia Towers weren't subtle at all.

Namikaze_17
08-07-2014, 06:10 PM
@M.

Yeah, Brotherhood did the worst in trying to make their "secret war" well......secret.

ze_topazio
08-07-2014, 06:17 PM
Brotherhood war was not secret, Ezio was publicly defying Cesare, trying to inspire the people of Rome to rise against the Borgia family.

Assassin_M
08-07-2014, 06:21 PM
Brotherhood war was not secret, Ezio was publicly defying Cesare, trying to inspire the people of Rome to rise against the Borgia family.
And in the end, only 12 people rose against the Borgia and it ended up being the Assassins who took them down so really, the people didn't do anything...

ze_topazio
08-07-2014, 06:29 PM
And in the end, only 12 people rose against the Borgia and it ended up being the Assassins who took them down so really, the people didn't do anything...

Bunch of sheeple all of them.

Kakuzu745
08-07-2014, 06:53 PM
My personal ranking:

1. Altair
2. Ezio
3. Connor
4. Edward

If I include some of the other guys:

1. Altair
2. Ezio
3. Adewale
4. Connor
5. Nikolai
6. Edward
7. Aveline
8. Desmond

Namikaze_17
08-07-2014, 07:10 PM
1. Altair
2. Connor
3. Edward
4. Revelations Ezio
( Other List)
1. Altair
2. Connor
3. Edward
4. Nikolai
5. Adewale/ Desmond
6. Ezio
7. Aveline

GunnerGalactico
08-07-2014, 07:16 PM
Here's my list... at the moment :)

1. Ezio
2. Connor
3. Altair
4. Edward
5. Adewale
6. Shao Jun
7. Nicolai
8. Aveline/ Desmond

Assassin_M
08-07-2014, 07:16 PM
in terms of character and story, I like them all equally. in terms of Animations and enjoyment of play time:

1- Connor
2- Altair
3- Adewale/Aveline
4-Ezio
5-Edward

jayjay275
08-07-2014, 07:19 PM
1 - Connor
2 - Ezio
3 - Altair
4 - Edward
5 - Adewale
6 - Aveline
7 - Machiavelli

jeordievera
08-07-2014, 07:30 PM
1 - Connor
2 - Ezio
3 - Altair
4 - Edward
5 - Adewale

I will second that minus the last two. I didn't grow to liking them.

Hans684
08-07-2014, 07:38 PM
"There is no such thing" - Clay

pacmanate
08-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Altair
Ezio/Connor
Edwurd

Ureh
08-08-2014, 06:31 AM
Protag:
tie between Connor and Altair

Support:
Mary Read

RinoTheBouncer
08-08-2014, 10:35 AM
1. Ezio
2. Edward
3. Connor
4. Altair
5. Shao Jun
6. Desmond Miles
7. Nikolai
8. Aveline

Dome500
08-08-2014, 03:35 PM
So did Ezio.

What does that have to do with Ezio? I said IMO Altair is the best.
Don't understand why your posts are so obsessed with Ezio and that he is overrated. I mean I get it, and maybe you are right. But I did say my FAVORITES are Ezio and Altair, but the BEST IMO is Altair, the BEST ASSASSIN that is, by definition.

m4r-k7
08-08-2014, 03:43 PM
Edward
Ezio
Altair
Connor
Adewale
Desmond

Assassin_M
08-08-2014, 04:07 PM
What does that have to do with Ezio? I said IMO Altair is the best.
Don't understand why your posts are so obsessed with Ezio and that he is overrated. I mean I get it, and maybe you are right. But I did say my FAVORITES are Ezio and Altair, but the BEST IMO is Altair, the BEST ASSASSIN that is, by definition.
Ah well, you know if you're gonna mention secondary crusades and being an Assassin in the last ten minutes without mentioning Ezio then i'll have to do it for ya. My problem isn't Ezio, it's the double standards.

Namikaze_17
08-08-2014, 05:13 PM
My problem isn't Ezio either......

I just think people overrate him a tad.....and the double standards like M said.

;)