PDA

View Full Version : How Black Flag got robbed

andrewnorman81
08-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Hi guys ,
I wanted to start a thread about how I think that BlackFlag got robbed. First off BlackFlag should have a been an online RPG. If you think about how open and vast the ocean was then you will understand that there was so much more that you could have done with it. I mean there could have random battles between clans. Also there should have been more the fortress that you get. You should have been able to fix them up and even upgrade them so that if other clans tried to take them over you could have defended your self. Also you could have kept more ships there so you can have more docks in the meta game for Kennway's fleet. Also and this is just me talking I think that you should have been able to really upgrade your ship to a bigger size maybe even to a man 0'war ship. Anyway that BlackFlag was robbed was becauseI think there should have been more buildings to upgrade than your hideout. You should have been able to upgrade places like in Brotherhood. so let me know if and how you think Blackflag was robbed.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 08:31 PM
I came to this thread thinking "black flag got robbed" was somesort of pun. Son, I am disappoint.

If you want to play an online ship sailing game play Archeage

Namikaze_17
08-06-2014, 08:34 PM
What is this? Everyone should really get over the fisacco with BF. It was just fine.....

marvelfannumber
08-06-2014, 08:34 PM
I agree, Black Flag was robbed, it's economy is rough right now, OBAMA!

Jexx21
08-06-2014, 08:36 PM
ArcheAge is an MMO that has sailing. Black Flag should not have been an MMO. That would have been stupid.

However, people have wanted multiplayer ship battles.

Kaschra
08-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Hahahaha... no, it wasn't robbed.
And making AC4 an online RPG? No, thank you.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Multiplayer ship battles would have been AMAZING.

Imagine you and your fleet of 6 peeps going against another group of 6 peeps. Assassins vs templars on the high seas. HNGHH hella fun.

There was a concept of multiplayer ship battles in a beta for Black Flag but it seems to have not made it to the final version.

Loki Will Rule
08-06-2014, 08:40 PM
I don't agree with any of the points you made. I thought Black Flag was a great game. But hey, that's your opinion of the game, so I'm not going to hold anything against you for it.

RzaRecta357
08-06-2014, 08:51 PM
And that kids, is why you don't smoke crack.

guardian_titan
08-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Assassin's Creed is not designed to be multiplayer outside of the rather limited multiplayer story line which would have to be heavily tweaked to make an MMO work. The story elements of the single player AC game just doesn't lend itself to the MMO genre, though. A separate pirate sailing MMO maybe that's not Assassin's Creed, yeah, but an AC MMO? That would take a LOT of work to pull off and feasibly fit into the world created by the series. And if that did happen, then the rest of the series could very well falter. Since World of Warcraft's been released, there hasn't been any more Warcraft games despite the requests for one. Same is true of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Star Wars: The Old Republic. The same could happen to Elder Scrolls. Only one I haven't see it happen to is Final Fantasy. MMOs seem to be where franchises go to die. Companies get so caught up on the MMO and constantly updating it that they forget about the rest of the franchise and what drew players into the series to begin with.

So short answer: no.
Long answer: hell no.

Black Flag was fine and did what it was intended to do.

wvstolzing
08-06-2014, 09:16 PM
It took a while for me to realize that 'blackflag' refers to the game here, not to a person (Capt. Blackflag, maybe a less hirsuite rival to Blackbeard) .... you know, because people are the kind of thing that can 'get robbed', not things.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-06-2014, 09:29 PM
It took a while for me to realize that 'blackflag' refers to the game here, not to a person (Capt. Blackflag, maybe a less hirsuite rival to Blackbeard) .... you know, because people are the kind of thing that can 'get robbed', not things.

You made me laugh! Captain Blackflag!

Sushiglutton
08-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Hi guys ,
I wanted to start a thread about how I think that BlackFlag got robbed. First off BlackFlag should have a been an online RPG. If you think about how open and vast the ocean was then you will understand that there was so much more that you could have done with it. I mean there could have random battles between clans. Also there should have been more the fortress that you get. You should have been able to fix them up and even upgrade them so that if other clans tried to take them over you could have defended your self. Also you could have kept more ships there so you can have more docks in the meta game for Kennway's fleet. Also and this is just me talking I think that you should have been able to really upgrade your ship to a bigger size maybe even to a man 0'war ship. Anyway that BlackFlag was robbed was becauseI think there should have been more buildings to upgrade than your hideout. You should have been able to upgrade places like in Brotherhood. so let me know if and how you think Blackflag was robbed.

I dunno, I think what you are suggesting could be cool. Thing is with AC that it's more a SP, story focused franchise. It would probably have been very expensive to do an MMO-like game with the same production values as BF.

I like BF as it was personally :)

Maybe they will make a more MP focused pirate spinoff sometime in the future, who knows.

andrewnorman81
08-06-2014, 11:38 PM
i wasn't saying that i wanted play an online ship sailing games i was just saying that Blackflag was a great game but it was in my opinion had more that they could have done.

LoyalACFan
08-07-2014, 02:29 AM
Why do I keep hearing people say we should have been able to upgrade the Jackdaw into a Man o' War? I mean, a brig's a brig, no matter how much you customize it. To make it a Man o' War or anything else would be tantamount to building an entire new ship, you can't just slap more decks on it and magically make it a whole different class of ship. That's like saying you should be able to turn a Prius into a Maserati if you pump enough money and mods into it... no... it doesn't work like that.

Ureh
08-07-2014, 03:35 AM
Don't forget Kenway's Fleet. They should've let us upgrade all of our ships too. Maybe even include a "fleet system" like the one Assassin recruit system in AC3. We can call our fleet from anywhere, tell them to ambush the enemy or just follow us. Imagine 15 man o' war with you at all times. :P

However I think the features that we have in the game sufficed. If they further expanded on all the naval stuff like you suggested, it would truly become a pirate/naval mmorpg simulation. They already have plenty of stuff that detract from the core elements of AC games. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a full fledged pirate/sailing game down the line with all the stuff you mentioned.