PDA

View Full Version : "Walking through Paris, i'm getting vibes from walking around Renaissance Venice"

Assassin_M
08-06-2014, 08:20 PM
How ANYONE possibly think that? from the Game Informer article to the Youtube comments, how can anyone think that 18th century Paris during the Revolution is ANYTHING close to similar to AC II's Venice? with the random murders, the HUGE crowds, the protests, the beheading and mess in every street? Do these people just want to disappoint themselves? Why can't they just let each setting be itself? It's idiotic and before anyone says anything about architecture, no...no they're not similar AT ALL.--heck, the ambient music is not even being composed by the same guy.

I-Like-Pie45
08-06-2014, 08:22 PM
Because they're both in Europe, obviously!

Better than poopoo small USA cities

Wolfmeister1010
08-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Likely just because we haven't had a big Eurpoean styled city since AC2. I wouldn't even call Istanbul very "European". More MiddleEastern styled to me with all it's mosques and pointy candlestick towers and such. And Rome...well Rome was a wide streeted disaster.

BTW Who said this? In Gameinformer?

Also I am getting Dishonored vibes even though it is nothing like Dishonored.

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Reading youtube comments makes me self circumsize

ze_topazio
08-06-2014, 08:34 PM
Well... they have the right to have whatever vibe they want, do they explain why they have that vibe?

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 08:35 PM
I learned not to take comments on youtube and IGN seriously.

Filled with many casuals who I feel don't grasp many important concepts of the franchise.

shobhit7777777
08-06-2014, 08:36 PM
What you whining about?

"Vibes" - key word

Get to the point M.....

Assassin_M
08-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Well... they have the right to have whatever vibe they want, do they explain why they have that vibe?
I'd love it if you said that to people here who say "Arno is Ezio 2.0" after all, they too can say whatever they want right without having to explain why they feel that way? oh wait...but you don't do that and call them out anyway and proclaim that it's ridiculous to say that Arno gives off Ezio vibes--I think this is called....ummm...hmmm...double something? oh right..

Likely just because we haven't had a big Eurpoean styled city since AC2. I wouldn't even call Istanbul very "European". More MiddleEastern styled to me with all it's mosques and pointy candlestick towers and such. And Rome...well Rome was a wide streeted disaster.

BTW Who said this? In Gameinformer?

Also I am getting Dishonored vibes even though it is nothing like Dishonored.
it still makes no sense...nothing from the atmosphere to the architecture gives ANYTHING remotely similar to AC II..

Yup, Game informer.

What you whining about?

"Vibes" - key word

Get to the point M.....
My point is that Paris is NOTHING like Renaissance Italy

Jexx21
08-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Paris, to me, gives off a feel of Gothic/Rennaisance/Colonial architecture. But that might just be me.

EDIT: Shobhit, sorry for not being in that steam convo, my internet disconnected and I was taking a shower anyway

GunnerGalactico
08-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Apart from the massive crowds and violence happening in every corner, there are no canals or gondolas in sight for them to make that comparison. The architecture in Paris looks more gothic than in Venice.

Assassin_M
08-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Apart from the massive crowds and violence happening in every corner, there are no canals or gondolas in sight for them to make that comparison. The architecture in Paris looks more gothic than in Venice.
if anything, it looks more like Acre..

shobhit7777777
08-06-2014, 08:41 PM
My point is that Paris is NOTHING like Renaissance Italy

Noted.

Again..."Vibe"

Move along. You have better things to discuss. Here is one - "5 ways the Air Rifle can positively change AC4's gameplay"

Namikaze_17
08-06-2014, 08:41 PM
I learned not to take comments on youtube and IGN seriously.

Filled with many casuals who I feel don't grasp many important concepts of the franchise.

^ This.

I don't even know why this is a thread? Just let them set themselves up for disappointment trying to compare everything to AC2. But I don't even go YouTube comments anymore....too many well...( I don't wanna judge) so I'll just leave it at that.

GunnerGalactico
08-06-2014, 08:42 PM
if anything, it looks more like Acre..

Yes, some of the tall buildings in Paris does remind me of the cathedrals in Acre.

ze_topazio
08-06-2014, 08:43 PM
I'd love it if you said that to people here who say "Arno is Ezio 2.0" after all, they too can say whatever they want right without having to explain why they feel that way? oh wait...but you don't do that and call them out anyway and proclaim that it's ridiculous to say that Arno gives off Ezio vibes--I think this is called....ummm...hmmm...double something? oh right..

I'm 98% sure i never made any comment regarding the Ezio 2.0 thing.

Assassin_M
08-06-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm 98% sure i never made any comment regarding the Ezio 2.0 thing.
looking through your posts now, mister

Noted.

Again..."Vibe"

Move along. You have better things to discuss. Here is one - "5 ways the Air Rifle can positively change AC4's gameplay"
Okay okay okay, you have to admit, though this is more fun...i'll get to being more positive and technical, I promise (is it just 5 ways?)

Namikaze_17
08-06-2014, 08:52 PM
@M.

And about the whole: "Arno is Ezio 2.0" ordeal....I say f*** it. As much as Ezio may not be my fav, I can say without a doubt that there will only be one of him.....EVER! That's what makes me love AC so much.....every Assassin is DIFFERENT and UNIQUE.

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 08:53 PM
I made Arno = Ezio 2.0 jokes before and seriously compared them in the past (along with Haytham), but I still have confidence Arno will bloom into his own character.

shobhit7777777
08-06-2014, 08:55 PM

Okay okay okay, you have to admit, though this is more fun...i'll get to being more positive and technical, I promise (is it just 5 ways?)

Ok

Yea...5....lets start slow

ACfan443
08-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Maybe it's the verticality and sense of scale. Venice felt huge, Paris (from what I've seen of it in screenshots and videos) also feels huge and quintessentially European.

Megas_Doux
08-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Maybe it's the verticality and sense of scale. Venice felt huge, Paris (from what I've seen of it in screenshots and videos) also feels huge and quintessentially European.

I am thinking the same, but those two cities and their respective atmospheres are COMPLETELY different!!!! Venice during AC II time span was not only one of the most beautiful cities in Europe but also the richest, Paris during the Revolution was a place in which nobody wanted to live haha.

ACfan443
08-06-2014, 09:18 PM
I am thinking the same, but those two cities and their respective atmospheres are COMPLETELY different!!!! Venice during AC II time span was not only one of the most beautiful cities in Europe but also the richest, Paris during the Revolution was a place in which nobody wanted to live haha.

I can't imagine why.
http://geekparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Assassins-Creed-Unity-E3-2014.jpg

rprkjj
08-06-2014, 09:22 PM
It's the first big sprawling old European city since AC2. The layout is more similar to Venice than say, Boston, with Boston's wide streets and such. There's a lot of people that gave up on the series after AC3 or maybe even Revelations, he's probably just psyched for a return to form. Makes sense to me.

ze_topazio
08-06-2014, 09:24 PM

Don't, it will give you eye cancer and mental diarrhea.

Fatal-Feit
08-07-2014, 12:42 AM
It gave me more of a Florence vibe than Venice. I can't find any resemblance to Venice. And if anything, it feels more like AC:3's Boston to me.

LoyalACFan
08-07-2014, 02:06 AM
If I had to compare it to anything we've had before, IMO it feels more like the love child of Boston and Florence. Maybe people are saying it looks like Venice because of the blue? I've noticed a lot of subtle blues in the screens/artwork, and Venice had the blue filter plus the water. Architecturally they're nothing alike.

AdamPearce
08-07-2014, 02:12 AM
http://larryfire.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/ac2-flight.jpg

http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/assassins-creed-unity-landscape.jpg

Towers and shait,

LatinaC09
08-07-2014, 02:30 AM
I'm sure Paris may somewhat similar to Florence but Venice I'm not so sure. I guess the gothic architecture make the cities look similar in a lot of ways but like someone said before, Paris wasn't exactly the "place to be" during the Revolution so it probably won't be as "pretty".

Fatal-Feit
08-07-2014, 03:12 AM
AC:2's screenshots are too different from the actual game.

Ureh
08-07-2014, 04:16 AM
Yeah I thought it was a mix of Acre and Venice.

Sesheenku
08-07-2014, 06:10 AM
AC:2's screenshots are too different from the actual game.

Actual graphics on max save for multi sampling.

http://i.imgur.com/rkENbRJ.jpg

It's almost as bad as Watch Dogs.