PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Unity - NO UPLAY YET?????

xboxmaster72
08-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Hi, so I was like wondering.. Assassin's Creed Unity, yeah? I would love to play it on the PC, but I want the Collector's Ediiton (not the super expensive one) and I was basically wondering, does it require me to use Uplay? I want to only use Steam, and there was no real option that let me activate Far Cry Blood Dragon through Steam only.

Please don't respond with "Uplay is better, you idiot!" or anything like that. I want ONE and ONLY ONE service where I have all of my games shown to me. Not tons of programs running. No sir!

I've deterred myself from purchasing Assassin's Creed 3 & 4 as well as Far Cry 3 because of Uplay. Have Ubisoft changed this whole Uplay retail copy thing now, or..? Because I can pre-purchase a digital version on Steam (which I won't do).

Thanks!

GunnarGunderson
08-06-2014, 08:23 PM
As far as I know, Ubisoft has no plans to stop shoving this uplay garbage down our throats. Ubi has nothing but contempt for PC gamers.

xboxmaster72
08-07-2014, 08:57 AM
As far as I know, Ubisoft has no plans to stop shoving this uplay garbage down our throats. Ubi has nothing but contempt for PC gamers.

That's a shame. For them, not me, I was going to buy their games.. but whatever. I'll wait until they stop.

YazX_
08-07-2014, 10:03 AM
UPlay is required to play the game and all future Ubisoft PC games unless they decided otherwise, but i highly doubt that UPlay will be gone anytime even in the far future. if you want one activation service, you can always buy Ubisoft games directly from Ubishop or any other retailer that offers UPlay key, also you will still have the option to add it to steam as non-steam game.

just may i ask, whats your problem with UPlay?

xboxmaster72
08-07-2014, 04:54 PM
UPlay is required to play the game and all future Ubisoft PC games unless they decided otherwise, but i highly doubt that UPlay will be gone anytime even in the far future. if you want one activation service, you can always buy Ubisoft games directly from Ubishop or any other retailer that offers UPlay key, also you will still have the option to add it to steam as non-steam game.

just may i ask, whats your problem with UPlay?

As I said, I only want Steam. I've invested too much there and want my achievements and progress shown there. I explained it initially.. sure, Uplay gives you rewards that I don't really care about, but it doesn't make me accept several programs for no real reason. Why would I?

YazX_
08-07-2014, 11:15 PM
As I said, I only want Steam. I've invested too much there and want my achievements and progress shown there. I explained it initially.. sure, Uplay gives you rewards that I don't really care about, but it doesn't make me accept several programs for no real reason. Why would I?

well apparently Ubisoft is not interested in steam or any other services and created their own platform, it only uses steam as store same as any other stores out there and has no integration with any steam services whatsoever, aside from that, Ubisoft is now integrating some online features using your phone/tablet by downloading specific games' apps which integrate with UPlay, as an example AC4 app which allows you to play fleet from anywhere, browse your treasure maps and view/set navigation point in the main map, while its not required to use it, but it will add great value to your gaming experience. so either ways, UPlay will be required for all services not only games' activation.

xboxmaster72
08-09-2014, 09:07 AM
well apparently Ubisoft is not interested in steam or any other services and created their own platform, it only uses steam as store same as any other stores out there and has no integration with any steam services whatsoever, aside from that, Ubisoft is now integrating some online features using your phone/tablet by downloading specific games' apps which integrate with UPlay, as an example AC4 app which allows you to play fleet from anywhere, browse your treasure maps and view/set navigation point in the main map, while its not required to use it, but it will add great value to your gaming experience. so either ways, UPlay will be required for all services not only games' activation.

Tablets? Maps? Gotcha. Well, let me know when they've given up with that crap.

iloveunity
08-09-2014, 02:48 PM
This may sound childish to you but now-a-days every leading game producer is creating a programme to integrate its own software because they don't want to wholly rely on the terms and conditions of the services like Steam. You talk about Ubisoft, for you its a problem? Bro, ever tried an EA game recently. It too installs that 3X more crap than U Play, and the name of that devil is Origin. I burn into flames when I read about Origin anywhere. I can't tell you how much problems I face while installing a game using that Origin ****, and it don't run the game (through this, I mean it not even starts the game) without Internet, however U Play does in offline launching mode. So, I feel over-burdened. Plus, such softwares solemnly advertise your new product, while Steam not only has your product to advertise on. It also helps in mocking the customer's wallet by introducing DLCs and ULCs worth a lot of real money.

The games on Steam can easily be cracked as its programming to all those who have created custom stuffs for a particular game on steam. Search on Google for " Skidrow " and tell me a name of the game that's available on Steam and this team hasn't hacked it (They even cracked the multiplayer)! You can even crack U Play like 3DM does, but you can't play the multiplayer.

So that's why, I think its a custom of the companies to earn some extra cash and protect their game from pirating at least the multiplayer ones! :rolleyes:

xboxmaster72
08-09-2014, 02:54 PM
This may sound childish to you but now-a-days every leading game producer is creating a programme to integrate its own software because they don't want to wholly rely on the terms and conditions of the services like Steam. You talk about Ubisoft, for you its a problem? Bro, ever tried an EA game recently. It too installs that 3X more crap than U Play, and the name of that devil is Origin. I burn into flames when I read about Origin anywhere. I can't tell you how much problems I face while installing a game using that Origin ****, and it don't run the game (through this, I mean it not even starts the game) without Internet, however U Play does in offline launching mode. So, I feel over-burdened. Plus, such softwares solemnly advertise your new product, while Steam not only has your product to advertise on. It also helps in mocking the customer's wallet by introducing DLCs and ULCs worth a lot of real money.

The games on Steam can easily be cracked as its programming to all those who have created custom stuffs for a particular game on steam. Search on Google for " Skidrow " and tell me a name of the game that's available on Steam and this team hasn't hacked it (They even cracked the multiplayer)! You can even crack U Play like 3DM does, but you can't play the multiplayer.

So that's why, I think its a custom of the companies to earn some extra cash and protect their game from pirating at least the multiplayer ones! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying, but I never said that Origin was better or whatever. I just want it on Steam so that I have it all in one place. Origin is so terrible that I never even played BF3 (despite getting it for free by Origin). Uplay is trash and they should just accept Steam's TOC.

TR.Misterscruff
08-09-2014, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying, but I never said that Origin was better or whatever. I just want it on Steam so that I have it all in one place. Origin is so terrible that I never even played BF3 (despite getting it for free by Origin). Uplay is trash and they should just accept Steam's TOC.

You don't work for steam by any chance ;) i wouldnt say any's better than the other unless you have had a bad experience with one.

Mr_Shade
08-09-2014, 06:19 PM
All Ubisoft's major PC titles - use Uplay - it is unlikely this will change for Unity.

If it does use Uplay and you purchase on Steam, it will still use the Uplay client - for reward tracking, stats, and multiple install checking - this is unavoidable.

Running Uplay, has no adverse affects on the PC or performance.

I can only suggest you wait for the PC requirements to be announced and then base you purchase on them.

xboxmaster72
08-10-2014, 11:00 AM
You don't work for steam by any chance ;) i wouldnt say any's better than the other unless you have had a bad experience with one.

No I don't. I'll tell you one thing that they know well, and that's user experience. Customer support.. well, they're horse**** at it. They don't have a clue what they're doing with their support stuff.