PDA

View Full Version : User Generated Assassinations

projectpat06
08-06-2014, 07:09 AM
So I have mentioned before the idea of having unlimited randomly generated assassination contracts to keep the player busy after the story is wrapped up. Even after you have completed the set of side missions, the only people the player can kill or actually assassinate are guards. To me, this is one of the biggest flaws for the AC franchise.

That being said, with the addition of the online cooperative missions in AC Unity, why not allow for players to actually design their own assassination scenarios or missions with a set amount of building blocks to go by (was just watching the lego documentary). The great thing is that as the players, we will get unlimited targets. We will also be able to have the freedom to go about assassinating those targets so the missions will also instill replay value.

I am sure everyone has the perfect scenario in mind. Why not allow us to create them and share with our friends? What flaws do you think will be prevalent during this feature's implementation, and how could the dev team overcome them?

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 07:11 AM
unlimited assassinations would drive completionists crazy, lol.

I'm totally up for designing assassinations akin to Hitman Absolution though.

UbiVolfbane
08-06-2014, 08:41 PM
This would be a really cool factor to add in game. Although it could become hectic at times, I will still pass this suggestion to the team. Thank you for the feedback!

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Oh snap nicely done pat. Got your idea passed to the big league. *pats* :cool:

Aphex_Tim
08-06-2014, 08:54 PM
This would be a really cool factor to add in game. Although it could become hectic at times, I will still pass this suggestion to the team. Thank you for the feedback!

Yes please!
I love the idea of user-created assassination missions. See how creative the community can be ;)

JustPlainQuirky
08-06-2014, 08:58 PM
but but but....Darby said the devs already thought of everything and more....

#mylifeisalie

travilanche
08-06-2014, 09:11 PM
I definitely like this idea. You can design your own missions in inFAMOUS 2 and GTA online. And little big planet is basically all about designing levels and playing other peoples levels. So Ubisoft should implement something like this for sure.

projectpat06
08-06-2014, 09:21 PM

Of course! Haha I will be more than happy to elaborate on this feature more with the team if any input is needed, or you know, make the trip up from D.C.

Jexx21
08-06-2014, 10:08 PM

Now, what about photo mode?

Xstantin
08-06-2014, 10:12 PM
Now, what about photo mode?

This.

Rugterwyper32
08-06-2014, 11:45 PM
You know the old Tony Haw Pro Skater games, with that really neat park editor? Yeah, something as good as that would be amazing

Failing that something like the Spot Creator from Skate 2 or Contracts Mode from Hitman Absolution could work

projectpat06
08-07-2014, 12:35 AM
So I'm thinking as the player you are able to use a certain amount of building blocks and then branch out with certain choices from those blocks in order to code certain characters to do certain things (initial actions and reactions to systemic environment). I would also recommend this feature to only be available after certain point in the game and provide the option to toggle randomly generated user content. The player can also scroll through the menu of content to find a mission (or missions) that interests them to select. In response to these selections, the mission markers will appear on the map.

1. choose the title and description of the mission (This gives the player the freedom of using their imagination to give some background story and notify the player of their goal)
2. choose the starting point of the assassin (where the initial mission marker will be)
3. Choose the initial starting point of the target (inside the cathedral, in a crowd watching the executions, etc)
a. Choose the action of the target (Stand still, walk a certain route, murder a certain NPC, hold NPC hostage, initially fight with NPCs)
b. Choose ending point or ending action of the target (Stand still, walk a certain route, murder a certain NPC, hold NPC hostage, initially fight with NPCs)
c. Choose the reaction of the target when the assassin's presence is know. (Run, fight, throw smoke grenade+run, kill NPC/hostage)
4. Choose initial positions of any guards or NPC
a. Choose their actions
b. choose their ending points
c. choose their reactions to the assassin

The biggest problem I see with the implementation is it will be difficult to account for everything else that is already in a systemic manner. If we could limit the user generated missions to certain areas and see from a bird's eye view of where the npcs will already be placed (crowds, guards, etc.) given that up to 5000 npcs will be visible and 30,000 npcs generated, we could properly associate where and how to build our assassination missions.

The great thing is that there will be a a lot of errors to learn from when creating these missions. We can pick and choose missions based on the ratings from other users. These ratings will in turn allow the creators to see whether or not they could improve their designs.