PDA

View Full Version : FC4 hesitations. Please don't treat the player like an idiot!

DubiousDrewski
08-05-2014, 11:24 PM
My biggest problem with FC3: the dumbing-down of the gameplay. That all-knowing, all-seeing radar HUD which couldn't be turned off, and which showed you EVERYTHING - loot, enemies, everything. There was almost no point in looking at your surroundings - the omniscient Hud told you all you needed to know, and the obnoxious, immersion-killing direction markers made it so that you didn't even have to pay attention to the path you choose.

I've been playing shooters for 2 decades, I don't need or want my hand held. Give me a chance to make decisions, to use my senses and my judgement. If Far Cry 4 has the same immersion-destroying HUD that Far Cry 3 had, then that will be a deal breaker.

Anyone feel the same?

BELLROY
08-06-2014, 01:53 AM
FC4 devs have confirmed that you will be able to turn off all elements of the HUD individually.

FPSfan123
08-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Not really. I felt the HUD was fine. It didn't break my immersion or anything.

GiveMeTactical
08-08-2014, 09:22 PM
FC4 devs have confirmed that you will be able to turn off all elements of the HUD individually.
Hmmmm, are this Devs from the same Company that said that WatchDogs was made on a Computer with Next Gen technology only to flop at launch time? :confused: :confused:

If so... this is another game that I will be waiting for the Bin Sale to get it once I can swallow the 10 bucks they want to charge me for it. :nonchalance:

Not really. I felt the HUD was fine. It didn't break my immersion or anything.
Well, talking about the HUD, I do need some help with pointing where I need to go but yes, I want to be left alone to my own devices and choose my path as well as to fend for myself w/o knowing where everybody and everything is. Hell, leave those XP missions to find flowers or gems for Zelda and invest in better weaponry and intelligent AI and I will be fine by being called a Grunt and not a Mega Bucku King of Markmaship :p

Frag_Maniac
08-16-2014, 09:10 PM
I totally AGREE! The biggest buzz kill for me in Far Cry 3 was once I progressed to the hardest mode and found where you could turn off all possible help features, I STILL had to put up with the damn squares on the camera, and enemy icons and wall hack visibility after using the camera. So idiotic I can't tell you how many times I cursed the devs for that.

If they really did decide to make them all optional, that is great news, and they probably should be more vocal about it. This was one of the biggest reasons for the sp mods in Far Cry 3, but unfortunately the game was not very mod friendly and you had to put up with bugs and/or the common modder wants to make you use crap features you don't want syndrome.

Prince_Of_Persia
08-18-2014, 06:24 PM
I totally AGREE! The biggest buzz kill for me in Far Cry 3 was once I progressed to the hardest mode and found where you could turn off all possible help features, I STILL had to put up with the damn squares on the camera, and enemy icons and wall hack visibility after using the camera. So idiotic I can't tell you how many times I cursed the devs for that.

If they really did decide to make them all optional, that is great news, and they probably should be more vocal about it. This was one of the biggest reasons for the sp mods in Far Cry 3, but unfortunately the game was not very mod friendly and you had to put up with bugs and/or the common modder wants to make you use crap features you don't want syndrome.

Worst part was once the enemy was marked and if he covered some place and then suddenly decides to move into the house, his body use to get transparent feel and cursor over his head. I was like WTF??? :confused: Even in the most diffuclty mode, I felt like I was playing with the cheat "god mode" on.