PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Rogue, PC Version

erico360
08-05-2014, 05:38 PM
What is the reason for this nonsense?!

adventurewomen
08-05-2014, 05:41 PM
I know right! Oh well my 360 will enjoy this game.

sartorious23
08-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Hey...Assassin's Creed Rogue announced ONLY for consoles? Where's PC? I have purchased ALL of the AC games to date, I don't have any otrher console and I can't imagine missing a game from the series! Please..

siralex1986
08-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Hey...Assassin's Creed Rogue announced ONLY for consoles? Where's PC? I have purchased ALL of the AC games to date, I don't have any otrher console and I can't imagine missing a game from the series! Please..

My same thought, I have original versions(4 are CE so far) of all AC games for PC, including the first, I really don't want to miss one from the series!

Just waiting for a petition to start up somewhere, unless some explaination is given to us....hell, I thought PC market was not that small!

I know we're getting Unity this year, so they probably want us to focus on that game, but why not say already that Rogue will be on PC next year, if planned??

delimontana
08-05-2014, 07:23 PM
I'm with you on this, WTF!? it's the final game of the kenway-story and you don't release it to PC which has gotten the other two games... i would've bought this for PC as all other AC games, but no way in hell im buying a game for my PS3 now, im totally satisfied if AC: Rogue would have had the same gfx as black flag on PC, but im not going to settle for ps3 gfx in 2014.

There is nothing as utterly annoying as when game companies decide to limit the platforms of a franchise in the middle of a series, there are lots of examples like this, making a game and a sequel on ps3/xbox360 then making next game also on PC wondering why nobody buys it and then makes game #4 console exclusive again cus the game didn't sell on PC blaming that **** on piracy and a lack of interest from the PC gamers....

suchy2808
08-05-2014, 07:24 PM
what can I say? My PC is like PS3 or XBOX360 for AC Unity - to old for this game, so why won't I get AC Rogue on PC? I want to play all of games AC - but i won't buy console.

huntergabr
08-05-2014, 07:26 PM
It's utterly impossible for me to carry a "PS3" into my dorm,coupling that with the fact that I love to play games only on PC not only for the version but also for the feeling. I'd like to collect all the versions of AC on my PC

AdamPearce
08-05-2014, 07:29 PM
I guess Ubi Kiev can't handle porting two AC games at the same time...

Stiler
08-05-2014, 08:18 PM
This really sucks :(, I LOVED AC3/Black Flag and AC: Rogue interest me far more then Unity does but it's not coming to pc?

Why release every other AC game for PC and then take out the FINAL one to a series?

Imagine if they left out the last of Ezio's story on the pc.

RedSyrinx
08-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Hey,

There is only one question i wanna know, because PC is also LAST-GEN :P.
i think every AC on PC wants this game.
so (again) why isnt this happening.

Redsyrinx

Liquid_Engineer
08-05-2014, 09:34 PM
Basically the title says it all. I am convinced that most, if not every AC fan will purchase a PC version of the game. Also, such a version wouldn't pose a threat to sales numbers, but would rather increase them, in my opinion. I'd buy a copy!

- F34R

Ureh
08-05-2014, 09:40 PM
Hopefully they announce a pc version in the future.

delimontana
08-05-2014, 09:54 PM
even with only two weeks apart i would buy both Rogue and Unity for PC, i would f*cking buy an AC game a month if they came out on a monthly basis!

Ureh
08-05-2014, 09:58 PM
@delimontana Me too. :]

siralex1986
08-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Same, of course.

How can they think they can release 8 games on PC and then release on console only one game that also concludes a story played on PC??

I really don't understand this, just can't explain myself.

AMIT800
08-05-2014, 10:11 PM
i know it's the PC forum but i made this petition for all of the platforms:
http://www.change.org/petitions/ubis...s4-xbox-one-pc

Animator_Alex
08-05-2014, 10:42 PM
I hope they do bring it to PC. It wouldn't make sense to put all previous AC games to PC then not bring AC:Rogue to PC.
PS: PC isn't "Last gen" it doesn't have a generation.

youknowwho77
08-05-2014, 11:02 PM
I think that Ubisoft will release it sooner or later for PC. From what we experienced through the years, this is going to happen. Ubisoft won't loose such a chance to gain bucks from additional platforms.

playlisting
08-05-2014, 11:16 PM

Hopefully they can start focusing on porting Rogue over to PC after they've finished improving & optimising Unity.

GunnarGunderson
08-05-2014, 11:22 PM
If you haven't figured it out by now, Ubisoft detests the PC. Having both Unity and Rogue on PC would mean that there's an actual benefit to owning a PC rather than consoles, and Ubisoft would never ever do that. Why do you think they intentionally make their PC ports run poorly even on the best hardware?

Skelface
08-05-2014, 11:59 PM

One seems already too much for them. :eek:

Ameriski6
08-06-2014, 08:36 AM
I think they will port this game to PC and XB1/PS4 and release it in Q1-Q2 2015. Just think about it, people who bought Unity would have finished it already and will want a new AC on current gen so they will gladly buy a Rogue port on current gen.

Its easy money so i would assume Ubisoft will do it.

Fireseed
08-06-2014, 09:13 AM
I love sailing in AC Black Flag. So I´m not interested in Unity, but very in Rogue. I can't understand Ubisoft´s decision. I really hope PC players will get at least a digital edition ...

siralex1986
08-06-2014, 09:36 AM
I think they will port this game to PC and XB1/PS4 and release it in Q1-Q2 2015. Just think about it, people who bought Unity would have finished it already and will want a new AC on current gen so they will gladly buy a Rogue port on current gen.

Its easy money so i would assume Ubisoft will do it.

Really hope so, it would be a shame otherwise!

RedSyrinx
08-06-2014, 01:04 PM
i was joking ;)

guardian_titan
08-06-2014, 03:55 PM
Liberation got a release on PC a bit over a year after it's initial release so very possible Rogue could see a PC release. I'm also not happy it's not coming to PC right out of the gate. Having to wait a year or so for it is just a vicious jab at PC customers. Despite the PC being a fairly sizable chunk of the market, we still get ignored and are often the afterthought to companies looking to pinch a few more pennies from consumers. Release a game on consoles first and say it's an exclusive, then 6 months to a year later, announce a PC version coming with upgraded graphics. Yeah. That's not a cash grab or anything. :rolleyes: Releasing all versions together makes things look more fair. That's like a parent with 3 kids saying they don't have a favorite which it's really obvious they have one they just don't like (PC) and one they do (PS3/PS4). Only excuse for delayed releases of versions is because they spent all of their money on one version and need the sales from it to make others. Ubisoft is too large a company for that excuse. Same with EA.

On another note, I do recall a rumor saying there might be 3 AC games next year, but then Rogue got announced and I saw it was the last PS3/Xbox360 game. So seems the rumor was either wishful thinking or there was another PS3/Xbox360 game planned that got ditched. Or perhaps there's another Vita game planned. So AC6, an AC on Vita, and AC Rogue on PC (and maybe XB1/PS4). Granted, wishful thinking. Only one for sure is AC6.

With porting, all games are made on PC. The programming infrastructure between Xbox 360, PS3, and PC are just very different so you're actually doing triple the work to make a game work on all 3 platforms. Developers often complained about how different the two consoles were. XB1/PS4 are much similar to each other and the PC making porting far easier. There's no excuse for the lack of a PC version with current gen games. Last gen is another matter due to the difference in programming. Going back to the earlier games in the series, the PC version of an AC game often came out several months after the console version. It's possible the PC porting team is just busy on Unity ... although Unity really shouldn't need much porting. Rogue might see a PC version by next summer. I'd honestly rather have a belated release date and know it's coming 6 months to a year from now than be brushed off and told nothing. That's not a good way to treat customers. Either say they have plans to release a PC version whether or not it's a year from initial release or say you don't intend to do it. Stringing people along with false hope isn't fair and gets demoralizing, especially when it happens repeatedly.

Since XB1/PS4 are much more similar to PC, that stands to reason Unity should be far better optimized for PC than previous games, but given what I'm seeing for a game like Deadrising 3 with their insane system requirements of PC ... can't say I have my hopes too high. I guess I'm one of the oddballs that hasn't had issues running the games, though. I ran all of the games including AC3 on ultra just fine. Only AC4 (and Watch_Dogs) I've had to run on lower settings, and I suspect the same with Unity. I had some FPS issues running AC3 early on and ran the game on the lowest settings because my CPU was on the low end, but upgraded my CPU and had no issues after that. Deadrising 3 looks like it will give me issues since my video card is a model lower than their minimum requirements. If Deadrising 3's PC requirements are so high, I'm rather iffy on Unity.

erico360
08-06-2014, 07:40 PM
Liberation got a release on PC a bit over a year after it's initial release so very possible Rogue could see a PC release. I'm also not happy it's not coming to PC right out of the gate. Having to wait a year or so for it is just a vicious jab at PC customers. Despite the PC being a fairly sizable chunk of the market, we still get ignored and are often the afterthought to companies looking to pinch a few more pennies from consumers. Release a game on consoles first and say it's an exclusive, then 6 months to a year later, announce a PC version coming with upgraded graphics. Yeah. That's not a cash grab or anything. :rolleyes: Releasing all versions together makes things look more fair. That's like a parent with 3 kids saying they don't have a favorite which it's really obvious they have one they just don't like (PC) and one they do (PS3/PS4). Only excuse for delayed releases of versions is because they spent all of their money on one version and need the sales from it to make others. Ubisoft is too large a company for that excuse. Same with EA.

On another note, I do recall a rumor saying there might be 3 AC games next year, but then Rogue got announced and I saw it was the last PS3/Xbox360 game. So seems the rumor was either wishful thinking or there was another PS3/Xbox360 game planned that got ditched. Or perhaps there's another Vita game planned. So AC6, an AC on Vita, and AC Rogue on PC (and maybe XB1/PS4). Granted, wishful thinking. Only one for sure is AC6.

With porting, all games are made on PC. The programming infrastructure between Xbox 360, PS3, and PC are just very different so you're actually doing triple the work to make a game work on all 3 platforms. Developers often complained about how different the two consoles were. XB1/PS4 are much similar to each other and the PC making porting far easier. There's no excuse for the lack of a PC version with current gen games. Last gen is another matter due to the difference in programming. Going back to the earlier games in the series, the PC version of an AC game often came out several months after the console version. It's possible the PC porting team is just busy on Unity ... although Unity really shouldn't need much porting. Rogue might see a PC version by next summer. I'd honestly rather have a belated release date and know it's coming 6 months to a year from now than be brushed off and told nothing. That's not a good way to treat customers. Either say they have plans to release a PC version whether or not it's a year from initial release or say you don't intend to do it. Stringing people along with false hope isn't fair and gets demoralizing, especially when it happens repeatedly.

Since XB1/PS4 are much more similar to PC, that stands to reason Unity should be far better optimized for PC than previous games, but given what I'm seeing for a game like Deadrising 3 with their insane system requirements of PC ... can't say I have my hopes too high. I guess I'm one of the oddballs that hasn't had issues running the games, though. I ran all of the games including AC3 on ultra just fine. Only AC4 (and Watch_Dogs) I've had to run on lower settings, and I suspect the same with Unity. I had some FPS issues running AC3 early on and ran the game on the lowest settings because my CPU was on the low end, but upgraded my CPU and had no issues after that. Deadrising 3 looks like it will give me issues since my video card is a model lower than their minimum requirements. If Deadrising 3's PC requirements are so high, I'm rather iffy on Unity.

can't wait for port, release now!

TR.Misterscruff
08-07-2014, 02:23 PM
If it get's released a year later like Liberation I'll probably not buy it unless it end's in the bargain bucket, sick of being treated differently to the console kiddie's.

Billy444777
08-07-2014, 03:40 PM
Why do the consoles get the good games?! Its really unfair i mean PC's in our days are even better than consoles! Give me a break geez! I mean PC's will now always bee ahead of consoles graphic and speed Wise! And they are more useful!
I have always been a big fan of Ubisoft but now im getting sick nd tired of not having the same games (or graphics like in watchdogs) than consoles!
I have all Far Cry games! All assassin's Creed games and watchdogs and even most of their Nintendo Ds games!
I am serious Ubisoft! you have to change your way of thinking if you want to be the worlds leader in video games!
One advice make one game and dont not make it better for consoles or dont downgrade it for PC's
Us PC users are sick and tired of it! Make it fair for everyone!
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD...Release Assassin's Creed Rogue on PC and everyone will be happy!
And one more thing... Why have AC3 and AC4 and not AC ROGUE its the same story basically we want to know what happens!
You guys have more sales for the assassin's creed series on PC than console!

Prashay
08-07-2014, 05:48 PM
Not sure if they are scared of pirating of the game, I will happily buy it for around $80.
Ubisoft needs to understand you cant stop pirates on the PC and there will ALWAYS be a way.
I know its a niche market going to the older gen consoles (360 and PS3), but what about the PC that has been there from the start?

I am disgusted that previous games relating to this was on PC and it has stopped on this one, I am pretty sure most people know that Rogue
is going to be much better than Unity, we all know in a game like this story/gameplay comes before the multiplayer feature.
Its like having 5 guitar heroes on Xbox then guitar hero 6 is now on PC, LIKE WTF. (The games dont relate but you know what I mean)

I am also sick and tired of seeing companies like ubisoft removing content from a game because people do not pre order or pay extra for a 'collector's edition'.
Like, the content is already there but you remove it from the disk.

Anyway in the end, I think ubisoft will release a PC version for this game in maybe a few months after just to get some extra cash,
because all the desperate people will have already bought a console to get the game

Prashay
08-07-2014, 05:51 PM
If it get's released a year later like Liberation I'll probably not buy it unless it end's in the bargain bucket, sick of being treated differently to the console kiddie's.

Console kiddies win because they spend recklessly and they have no idea how to pirate games,
not saying I would pirate this, id gladly pay a fair amount for this game on PC.
I am not letting Ubisoft win by playing a game on a ****ty console/port and/or buying a console to play this game.

Prashay
08-07-2014, 05:53 PM
I can already tell you Unity is going to look like a fail compared to Rogue,
Unless you like the multiplayer aspect, but even if you did, why would you play AC for multiplayer.

Cirieneve
08-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Obviously Ubisoft doesn't give a crap about it's PC market, but let's not start comparing AC Unity and Rogue here.
They're technically different stories, but I'm kind of looking forward to seeing the difference in combat and whatnot.
(I still think the X-ray vision is too much...)
Honestly, if Ubisoft gives us PC people some love and releases it soon after, I'll be okay with it...
It had better be good though (And maybe have something extra as an apology)
Wishful thinking? Yeah... But... Damn it's annoying. Let's give the PC gamers some love Ubisoft

siralex1986
08-08-2014, 01:55 PM
Look at the US website.....of course no purchase options are available in any retailer, but still.

http://i.imgur.com/CrspsdQ.jpg

http://www.ubi.com/US/

If it's just a mistake, it's a really bad one and someone needs to pay for it.

Skelface
08-08-2014, 02:54 PM
PC is missing for The Crew, The Division and Tetris Ultimate. Watch Dogs also has Wii U, clearly a mistake.

AherasSTRG
08-08-2014, 02:59 PM
PC is missing for The Crew, The Division and Tetris Ultimate. Watch Dogs also has Wii U, clearly a mistake.

Watch Dogs WILL eventually come to the Wii U sometime during Fall 2014. However, I also believe that the listing of the PC as an available platform for ACRog is just a mistake.

Definitely a disappointment that ACRog is not coming for the PC. If a PC/PS4/X1 version of Rogue comes sometime during 2015 with all DLC content etc, then, all is well. However, if it doesn't come, the absence of a PC version for AC Rogue is another pointer to how Ubisoft liked to disrespect their loyal costumers who game on the PC.

siralex1986
08-08-2014, 02:59 PM

Damn....

Skelface
08-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Watch Dogs WILL eventually come to the Wii U sometime during Fall 2014.

http://thatsthejoke.net/thatsthejoke.jpg

Liquid_Engineer
08-09-2014, 03:16 PM
Does that mean that owners of newest consoles can play both titles, and we on PC are left with just the one?

AherasSTRG
08-09-2014, 03:28 PM
Does that mean that owners of newest consoles can play both titles, and we on PC are left with just the one?

The game is only for the PS3 and the X360 and the PS4 and X1 do not have backward compatibility. However, someone who owns a PS4 or an X1, usually owns a PS3 and an X360 as well...

Billy444777
08-09-2014, 06:17 PM
what's this gotta do with anything!!!!! Its a PC forum and us here hate console kiddies because they cant crack games or do anything with a PC

AherasSTRG
08-10-2014, 12:40 AM
what's this gotta do with anything!!!!! Its a PC forum and us here hate console kiddies because they cant crack games or do anything with a PC

I mean that most console players own both a current and a last generation console, which means they are going to play both games soon. However, PC gamers who have been gaming on the PC for a while do not own consoles and therefore will completely lose the game, if there is no PC version within 2015.

Liquid_Engineer
08-10-2014, 10:35 AM
The game is only for the PS3 and the X360 and the PS4 and X1 do not have backward compatibility. However, someone who owns a PS4 or an X1, usually owns a PS3 and an X360 as well...

Okay thanks, curiosity satisfied.

rrebe
08-10-2014, 10:43 AM
I use both PC and PS4 (never owned a PS3), so I hope that some day in near future Rogue will be available for PC as well. I don't mind not getting it for current gen consoles. (I've played all the previous AC games on PC, but will get Unity for PS4 because I don't want to upgrade my PC right now..)

Liquid_Engineer
08-10-2014, 12:01 PM
I use both PC and PS4 (never owned a PS3), so I hope that some day in near future Rogue will be available for PC as well. I don't mind not getting it for current gen consoles. (I've played all the previous AC games on PC, but will get Unity for PS4 because I don't want to upgrade my PC right now..)

I did read somewhere (on n4g.com I think?) that Unity on the PS4 would run at 720p only? Might be more fun to get it for your PC?

AherasSTRG
08-10-2014, 03:26 PM
I did read somewhere (on n4g.com I think?) that Unity on the PS4 would run at 720p only? Might be more fun to get it for your PC?

Resolutions are not finalised yet, so don't go spreading that around. You might fill the forums with butthurt Sony fanboys.

rrebe
08-10-2014, 06:11 PM

I don't really see how either one is more fun than the other, I find them pretty equal with both having their own pros and cons. I use my PC monitor with the console too (don't own a tv because of reasons), and I think with my specs it'd look pretty much the same if I were to play it on my PC instead (just a gut feeling, nothing to prove it either way at this point).

I sure Rogue will be on PC some say (well, more like 50% sure because you never know until someone officially announces it), at least by the time the last gen sales dry up to keep the money coming in. And when it is released I don't think the PC requirements will be that much higher than in Black Flag because of it originally being a last gen game. Also, I think the logic behind not releasing it to PC/current gen now is that those are getting Unity this fall, which last gen will probably never get. I don't think it's wise to release two full AC games at the same time for every platform.
A lot of speculation but that's just my opinion.

Skelface
08-10-2014, 07:30 PM

PS4 version runs at 1080p.

MongoosE97
08-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Just to add some hope to a future PC version, I looked back at past World Premiere trailers for Assassin's Creed games and they all only say 360 and PS3, not the PC. Maybe it's just that again? Let's wait until we hopefully get an official statement from Ubisoft (unless I've missed one already?)

AherasSTRG
08-10-2014, 10:04 PM
Just to add some hope to a future PC version, I looked back at past World Premiere trailers for Assassin's Creed games and they all only say 360 and PS3, not the PC. Maybe it's just that again? Let's wait until we hopefully get an official statement from Ubisoft (unless I've missed one already?)

Yes, there have been official responses on the matter by the forum moderators and also on the official AC twitter page. Official representatives have said that the game won't be coming to the PC or the next-gen consoles, at least for now. My personal opinion is that Rogue will be coming to PC spring 2015.

@Skelface Wut? There has been no confirmation about the resolution, which the game will have. Not from Ubisoft, not from Microsoft, not from Sony either.

However, what did appear, is a listing in the official Sony Entertainment Network site in which, it specifically reads that the resolution output for the game is 720p (http://wccftech.com/playstation-4-run-assassins-creed-unity-native-1080p-resolution/). Which is to be expected. Both the PS4 and the X1 are weak machines, with no potential in today's electronic markets. The PS4 could not even handle the downgraded visuals of Watch Dogs at 1080p, how would it handle a city with 1:1 scale reconstructed buildings and up to 3000 NPCs on-screen at once? Let alone in the hands of a company whose optimisation capabilities are equivelant to the architectural skills of a baby trying build a Lego House.

Liquid_Engineer
08-10-2014, 11:05 PM
That's what I'm thinking too, that it'll eventually come out for the PC and seeing how many of the community would like it might help - there're a lot of petitions circulating (although I don't know how much of an impact they'll have, if any).

Skelface
08-10-2014, 11:49 PM
@Skelface Wut? There has been no confirmation about the resolution, which the game will have. Not from Ubisoft, not from Microsoft, not from Sony either.

However, what did appear, is a listing in the official Sony Entertainment Network site in which, it specifically reads that the resolution output for the game is 720p (http://wccftech.com/playstation-4-run-assassins-creed-unity-native-1080p-resolution/). Which is to be expected. Both the PS4 and the X1 are weak machines, with no potential in today's electronic markets. The PS4 could not even handle the downgraded visuals of Watch Dogs at 1080p, how would it handle a city with 1:1 scale reconstructed buildings and up to 3000 NPCs on-screen at once? Let alone in the hands of a company whose optimisation capabilities are equivelant to the architectural skills of a baby trying build a Lego House.

SEN listings aren't reliable, there were errors about resolution or file size about some games (Trials Fusion at 720p for exemple). Seeing """gaming websites""" relying this b******* as rumors is pissing me off. What a bunch of vultures.

So far, the only official word is Ubisoft targeting 1080p/60fps (http://gamingbolt.com/assassins-creed-unity-is-targetting-1080p60fps-on-ps4-and-xbox-one). While I'm very doubtful about the frame-rate (consoles are too weak), 1080p resolution is a given.

Crimson-Phantom
08-11-2014, 02:53 AM
Gotta agree...

Makes tons more sense for them to support games on PC... for a number of reasons...

1.) Steam and Uplay

You cannot return games, thus they don't lose out to the second hand market

2.) Steam and Uplay

Much higher profit (due to not having to make a disc, ship, package, etc)... Especially so on Uplay where it tends to be more expensive than Retailers and Steam (in my experience) and they pocket 100% of it

3.) PC's are just better... Yeah I got Rogue for my ps3 coming... but well PC has the potential...

Just goes to show that Xbone and PS4 are similar enough to the PC that they can easily make the transition... Bodes well for future AC games...

Anykeyer
08-11-2014, 06:48 AM
LOL not a big loss. Ubi Sofia is enough for me to not want this game

TheJagji
08-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Um... guys... not every AC game is on PC...

Most where/are silly spin offs, but 3 are not.

1. AssAssIns Creed 1: AltaAFr's Chronicals. DS game. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed:_Alta%C3%AFr%27s_Chronicles) Set before AC1, and seems to lead all the way up to the start of AC 1, if the burb is anything to go buy.

2. Assassins Creed 1: Bloodlines, PSP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed:_Bloodlines) Set after AC1, and continues Altiar's story.

3.Assassin's Creed II: Discovery (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_II:_Discovery) Set after AC2, and Brotherhood I assume, but before Revelations. It is set in Spain.

Skelface
08-11-2014, 05:30 PM
They weren't on consoles neither. These games are dispensable.

TheJagji
08-11-2014, 11:59 PM
See, I don't think so. They would be part of the lore, and the fact that the wikki said that AC:Revelations was originally going to be a DS game, but evolved in to what we got, well, anything is possible.

erico360
08-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Um... guys... not every AC game is on PC...

Most where/are silly spin offs, but 3 are not.

1. AssAssIns Creed 1: AltaAFr's Chronicals. DS game. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed:_Altaïr's_Chronicles) Set before AC1, and seems to lead all the way up to the start of AC 1, if the burb is anything to go buy.

2. Assassins Creed 1: Bloodlines, PSP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed:_Bloodlines) Set after AC1, and continues Altiar's story.

3.Assassin's Creed II: Discovery (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_II:_Discovery) Set after AC2, and Brotherhood I assume, but before Revelations. It is set in Spain.

these games suck balls....

Anykeyer
08-13-2014, 02:22 PM
The more I see the less I care. Does Rogue has even 1% of its own assets or its just an AC4 lost mission pack similar to boring Freedom Cry? If they ever release it on PC then I will probably get it (to have a look at story as I dont like youtube gaming) but if they dont I wont miss it at all. It appears to be very low budget stuff, probably even worse than Liberation. At least ACL has some unique ideas, mostly badly executed but stilll... Rogue is just new locations/missions for the old game. Even with the same textures and models.

Smoke3723
08-14-2014, 11:33 AM
Everyone can pre-order AC:R except me! Only releasing the damn thing on the two consoles I don't have? That's not a marketing strategy, that's pissing off loyal customers. Angry loyal customers stop pre-ordering and buying games. Not just AC games but ANY game released by Ubisoft. Then suddenly you find a guaranteed customer will never touch your products EVER AGAIN.

I'll say it again: I WANT AC ROGUE ON PC!!

YazX_
08-15-2014, 12:44 AM
Everyone can pre-order AC:R except me! Only releasing the damn thing on the two consoles I don't have? That's not a marketing strategy, that's pissing off loyal customers. Angry loyal customers stop pre-ordering and buying games. Not just AC games but ANY game released by Ubisoft. Then suddenly you find a guaranteed customer will never touch your products EVER AGAIN.

I'll say it again: I WANT AC ROGUE ON PC!!

Cool down plz, have you seen any official announcement stating that the game will not come to PC or next gen?!?

NO, then there is a strong possibility that the game will be ported over, but this needs time, and as everyone said, according to Ubisoft practices and trends, we all hope and believe that the game will be ported to other platforms in 2015. so no need to be angry since there is no official statement about it.

Anykeyer
08-15-2014, 06:16 AM
It doesnt need time to port what is essencially a cost-cutting DLC for an old game. Its just usual business practice to avoid internal competition and losing money. They will consider releasing it on other platforms when sales of Unity and Rogue on their already announced platforms will drop.

Dicehunter
08-15-2014, 10:22 AM
PC gaming overtook the console industry last year and this year with nearly $25 billion in PC game sales alone, That's not even counting the hardware sales which are easily triple that amount.

Console is a lot less popular compared to PC nowadays so there is zero point in not bringing this out on the PC.

Even earlier this year it was reported that the UK alone surpassed the £500 million *Not a typo go look it up* milestone in PC game sales.

Not bringing a game out on the PC is like going into the room of 100 people who will all pay you $1 each for your story telling but only going over to 5 of them i.e the console market.

Weird analogy I know :p

Locopells
08-15-2014, 11:15 AM
And by that logic, I highly doubt it won't come to PC/Next-Gen

Dicehunter
08-15-2014, 11:19 AM
And by that logic, I highly doubt it won't come to PC/Next-Gen

We're talking about a mainly console game making company here, Human logic does not apply ;)

Locopells
08-15-2014, 11:23 AM
No, but monetary logic does...

Dicehunter
08-15-2014, 11:35 AM
No, but monetary logic does...

True, I hope they do follow the money, PC is where it's at, The console business is starting to slow down when compared to PC, Especially in the last 2 years.

Anykeyer
08-15-2014, 11:39 AM
The majority of PC money comes from facebook crap and F2P-P2W online games. Not from traditional releases.

AherasSTRG
08-15-2014, 11:48 AM
Personal opinion is that in 2 years' time, the console bussiness will have shrunk so much, that the PC will go in the frontlines for a good time. Truth is, this so called "new gen" has nothing to offer to gaming.

Also, I don't know where Anykeyer gets his numbers, but I believe that the excessive amount of money the PC industry is associated with is something no company affords to ignore.

Dicehunter
08-15-2014, 11:59 AM
The majority of PC money comes from facebook crap and F2P-P2W online games. Not from traditional releases.

Facebook crap has nothing to do with PC, You can have Facebook crap on a smartphone.

A huge chunk of the money actually comes from digital game sales i.e Steam being one of the biggest in the industry, Origin, MMO's etc...

Personal opinion is that in 2 years' time, the console bussiness will have shrunk so much, that the PC will go in the frontlines for a good time. Truth is, this so called "new gen" has nothing to offer to gaming.

Also, I don't know where Anykeyer gets his numbers, but I believe that the excessive amount of money the PC industry is associated with is something no company affords to ignore.

+1

Anykeyer
08-15-2014, 12:01 PM
You can WISH all you want, LOL, I dont care.

This was like this for years, wake up.

http://www.maximumpc.com/“pc_games_have_surpassed_console_games”_says_dfc_i ntelligence_owner_2014
The MOBA games League of Legends and Dota 2 dominate everything else by an order of magnitude
MOBA are F2P games with lots of opportunities to burn money for nothing

Dicehunter
08-15-2014, 12:04 PM
You can WISH all you want, LOL, I dont care.

This was like this for years, wake up.

http://www.maximumpc.com/“pc_games_have_surpassed_console_games”_says_dfc_i ntelligence_owner_2014
The MOBA games League of Legends and Dota 2 dominate everything else by an order of magnitude
MOBA are F2P games with lots of opportunities to burn money for nothing

Lose the attitude please, There's no need for it.

Anykeyer
08-15-2014, 12:13 PM
There is. You lie to youself and state false facts as if they are true. To be expected, your entire signature screams "fanboy". And dont think you can tell me what to do, I didnt.

AherasSTRG
08-15-2014, 12:17 PM
I really don't see how the domination of MOBAs makes the overall higher PC sales lose credit. In one of the quoted articles, it is explicitely stated that the sales Battlefield 4 and Rome Total War II were pretty solid.

Liquid_Engineer
08-15-2014, 12:25 PM
This is amusing, in light of Rogue being for consoles only (for now, as I truly believe it'll hit PCs after):

"Ubisoft Wants to Win Back PC Gamers"

http://www.twinfinite.net/2014/08/14/ubisoft-wants-win-back-pc-gamers/

AherasSTRG
08-15-2014, 12:28 PM
This is amusing, in light of Rogue being for consoles only (for now, as I truly believe it'll hit PCs after):

"Ubisoft Wants to Win Back PC Gamers"

http://www.twinfinite.net/2014/08/14/ubisoft-wants-win-back-pc-gamers/

It will come for the PC some time in the future, I am sure of it. Releasing both Rogue and Unity for the PC so close to each other, they would be competing with themselves.

Anykeyer
08-15-2014, 12:35 PM
Well, when 1 genre (MOBA and F2P online games in general) dominates everything else so much (order of magnitude = x10, just in case) it means you cant say PC overtook consoles when you talk about traditional games. This market is still way behind consoles. And if you want any proof just look at Uplay stats (they are separate for each platform).

Liquid_Engineer
08-15-2014, 12:35 PM
I know, yet an announcement would be nice, but I get the lack of one. Anyway, I hope they'll sort of re-master it for better graphics for us, pump in some good DX11 and TXAA. The story is is very appealing to me!

Dicehunter
08-15-2014, 12:47 PM
There is. You lie to youself and state false facts as if they are true. To be expected, your entire signature screams "fanboy". And dont think you can tell me what to do, I didnt.

Not lying to myself it's a fact you can even go look it up PC games have overtaken console games in revenue, It's in black and white, Mobas and F2P games which have micro transactions are still games.

And I'm not a fanboy of anything princess, I own a PS4, XB1 and also built a gaming PC and I'll tell you all day long not to have an attitude, Just because your on the other side of a keyboard doesn't mean you have to have an attitude towards other people.

YazX_
08-15-2014, 01:02 PM
Anykeyer and OFarrell86 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1254820-OFarrell86), please keep it civil and no need for personal attacks, the topic is interesting and we dont want to make it personal and drift it to off-topic discussion which will result in locking the thread.

However, in accordance to the topic, i would agree with Anykeyer, PC market is growing but its not taking consoles market by any means, but now there is at least solid grounds for PC gaming, PC market shares 15% in 2014 according to Ubisoft, while it was 11% in 2013, so its growing but its still behind consoles.

Dicehunter
08-15-2014, 01:04 PM
However, in accordance to the topic, i would agree with Anykeyer, PC market is growing but its not taking consoles market by any means, but now there is at least solid grounds for PC gaming, PC market shares 15% in 2014 according to Ubisoft, while it was 11% in 2013, so its growing but its still behind consoles.

Whats this then -

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/industry/69141-global-pc-games-market-revenue-overtakes-consoles/

That is one of many reports that states global revenue from PC games has over taken Consoles, Granted that does include MOBA and F2P micro transactions etc... but it's all still revenue.

Anykeyer
08-15-2014, 01:11 PM
Not lying to myself it's a fact you can even go look it up PC games have overtaken console games in revenue, It's in black and white, Mobas and F2P games which have micro transactions are still games.

And I'm not a fanboy of anything princess, I own a PS4, XB1 and also built a gaming PC and I'll tell you all day long not to have an attitude, Just because your on the other side of a keyboard doesn't mean you have to have an attitude towards other people.

Its irrelevant here because Rogue is not MOBA, games like Rogue sell much better on consoles. And it wont change anytime soon.

PS learn what attitude is (just use wiki or we) and maybe you will get why I dont have any. BC Im on the other side of said keyboard and so cant care less about you. The only thing I dont like is spreading misinformation.

Dicehunter
08-15-2014, 01:14 PM
Its irrelevant here because Rogue is not MOBA, games like Rogue sell much better on consoles. And it wont change anytime soon.

PS learn what attitude is (just use wiki or we) and maybe you will get why I dont have any. BC Im on the other side of said keyboard and so cant care less about you. The only thing I dont like is spreading misinformation.

Clearly you don't know what the word attitude means even after reading wiki, You probably need to learn better English.

And stop with the personal attacks please and lets keep this thread on topic.

YazX_
08-15-2014, 01:16 PM
Whats this then -

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/industry/69141-global-pc-games-market-revenue-overtakes-consoles/

That is one of many reports that states global revenue from PC games has over taken Consoles, Granted that does include MOBA and F2P micro transactions etc... but it's all still revenue.

you said it, GLOBAL REVENUE from all PC games sales including everything, when it comes to games like AC and others, consoles beat PC sales by margin, thats a fact like Anykeyer said, so from any developer/publisher perspective, they only care about their franchises sales and business will align accordingly.

However, this doesnt mean that PC games sales is not growing, and its growing very fast, so i expect in the next couple of years, we will see a good transition which might get PC games sales closer to consoles.

AssassinCountry
08-15-2014, 01:17 PM

You might wanna stop posting, Your making a show of yourself, Just keep it civil and stop being a troll.

AherasSTRG
08-15-2014, 01:19 PM
Hey, welcome to the forums!

Dicehunter
08-15-2014, 01:21 PM
you said it, GLOBAL REVENUE from all PC games sales including everything, when it comes to games like AC and others, consoles beat PC sales by margin, thats a fact like Anykeyer said, so from any developer/publisher perspective, they only care about their franchises sales and business will align accordingly.

However, this doesnt mean that PC games sales is not growing, and its growing very fast, so i expect in the next couple of years, we will see a good transition which might get PC games sales closer to consoles.

And that's all I was trying to get through originally, On a global scale Consoles have been overtaken by PC but not on individual franchises, Yet.

Personally I know a lot of people that have switched over from consoles to PC, Mainly because the PS4 and XB1 aren't that powerful and came out of the gate underpowered, Even a lot of devs have said this, They simply need more juice and have to cut a lot of corners on frame rate, Resolution, Graphics etc.... I hope the next generation of consoles is a lot better and every game is at least 1080P 60fps unlike now which has weird resolutions like 792P and 30FPS.

AssassinCountry
08-15-2014, 01:23 PM

Thank you :)

Mr_Shade
08-15-2014, 01:31 PM
I suggest some people start taking it easy..

No need for infighting guys..

AssassinCountry
08-15-2014, 01:35 PM

I'll drink to that !

I think ofarrell86 just doesn't like getting talked down to by someone with a bad attitude is all when he is just stating industry known facts :)

By the way is there anywhere I can download savegames, Mine also vanished yesterday, Really annoying, Was up to Sequence 5 and Uplay went all weird as usual :(

YazX_
08-15-2014, 01:44 PM

indeed :)

And that's all I was trying to get through originally, On a global scale Consoles have been overtaken by PC but not on individual franchises, Yet.

Personally I know a lot of people that have switched over from consoles to PC, Mainly because the PS4 and XB1 aren't that powerful and came out of the gate underpowered, Even a lot of devs have said this, They simply need more juice and have to cut a lot of corners on frame rate, Resolution, Graphics etc.... I hope the next generation of consoles is a lot better and every game is at least 1080P 60fps unlike now which has weird resolutions like 792P and 30FPS.

in that regard, 100% agreed and hopefully it will grow more and more :)

indeed.

By the way is there anywhere I can download savegames, Mine also vanished yesterday, Really annoying, Was up to Sequence 5 and Uplay went all weird as usual :(

sorry bro, AC4 saves are locked and encrypted per account, sorry to say it, if they are gone then you have to start again, but this time take manual backups or use any software to do it for u.

Anykeyer
08-15-2014, 02:09 PM
Clearly you don't know what the word attitude means even after reading wiki, You probably need to learn better English.

And stop with the personal attacks please and lets keep this thread on topic.
Why do you feel an urge to escalate this? Is this your reaction to losing an argument? You're the only one who used personal insults here by calling me princess. I just wasnt extremely polite bc you were too convinced by your own lie.
There is no way for Rogue to sell better on PC than on consoles. I hope you can understand this. I wont reply to you anymore unless you keep it on topic (which has nothing to do with global PC revenue) and stop derailing thread.

You might wanna stop posting, Your making a show of yourself, Just keep it civil and stop being a troll.
1. you're wrong
2. thats none of your concern
3. you just usurped moderators rights which is against the rules

erico360
08-15-2014, 07:20 PM
http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/08/15/ubisoft-to-increase-focus-on-pc-gaming
Stop lying ubi...

Ptoman5
08-17-2014, 12:35 AM
As a huge fan of not only Assassin's Creed, but Ubisoft in general. I buy everything Ubisoft because I love them so much! Assassin's Creed is my favorite series of all time, so I have taken notice to something very important. I have read that the new Assassin's Creed: Rogue will not be released for PC... Liberation got a port to PC late after release so could you guys at Ubisoft please port the game to PC as well in time? I'm going to really miss out on a game in my favorite series as well as many other people like me because I am a PC gamer only, I do not own an Xbox or PlayStation console... Please port it over to PC because this is unfair to us PC gamers in my opinion... :(

So I ask, who would love to see this added to PC consoles? Please vote above.

Ptoman5
08-17-2014, 01:10 AM
Hey,

There is only one question i wanna know, because PC is also LAST-GEN :P.
i think every AC on PC wants this game.
so (again) why isnt this happening.

Redsyrinx

Technically PC is new gen because our PC technology is always improving. It's always up to compete with a new console as soon as it releases. PC will never be last gen!

Fatal-Feit
08-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Technically PC is new gen because our PC technology is always improving. It's always up to compete with a new console as soon as it releases. PC will never be last gen!

PC is technically backwards compatible, and have always been with the series since AC:1's port. (7 WHOLE GAMES --Liberation included) There's zero reason for them to exclude PC.

Johny-Al-Knox
08-17-2014, 07:48 PM
Rather pointless topic, my guesss it will come to PC & next gen consoles next year. When they figure nobody is buying last gen **** anymore.Or are not satisfied with the sales. Like they did with liberation

So i suggest anyone to not buy it on xbox360 or ps3, wait for the "next gen" version.
Why? cause fps on thoose consoles is abysmal

HZD87
08-17-2014, 09:28 PM
Sorry i fail to what everyone is fired up about ?

Most people who followed the series knows 3/4 where a departure from the series high quality and engaging story lines, just finished AC4 again to refresh where we are with those who came before and Juno.

Hell AC 3/4 where short and did not really hold much information that progressed the overall story, now your pleading that we get a PC version of a rehash of black flag ?

really why do you even want to entertain this after AC4 ?

Let the consoles have their party in rouge, when its all done all the CGI sections will end up on youtube and tell us what little the story may or may not progress ( TBH i can't see that it will much on the account that its not penned for NEXT GEN )

AherasSTRG
08-18-2014, 10:55 AM
Hell AC 3/4 where short and did not really hold much information that progressed the overall story

I stopped reading there.

Anykeyer
08-18-2014, 11:28 AM
I guess he meant modern story and I agree. Literally nothing happened with Juno in AC4. Well, she waited for almost 80000 years to be freed. Maybe she got used to waiting and so she isnt in a hurry to enslave the world and will make preparations for another 10000. But I doubt its what players want :)

Fatal-Feit
08-19-2014, 08:09 AM
I stopped reading there.

Ditto. lol

I guess he meant modern story and I agree. Literally nothing happened with Juno in AC4. Well, she waited for almost 80000 years to be freed. Maybe she got used to waiting and so she isnt in a hurry to enslave the world and will make preparations for another 10000. But I doubt its what players want :)

AC:3; Tonnes of stuff happened. More than its predecessors, if anything.

AC:IV; We got more insight on the world. Like the sage, Juno's condition, and plenty of fan-service from hacking.

They're trying to prolong the series so I wouldn't look forward to whatever happens with Juno, TBH.

windbiter
08-19-2014, 05:52 PM
Any word on AC: Rogue going to PC?

Locopells
08-20-2014, 01:37 AM
Not yet, and there won't be for quite a while, I'd imagine.

AherasSTRG
08-20-2014, 10:14 AM
Check back in 8 months or so.