PDA

View Full Version : Allegiances change and revenge rules in Ubisoft®’s Assassin’s Creed® Rogue

Mr_Shade
08-05-2014, 05:06 PM
ALLEGIANCES CHANGE AND REVENGE RULES IN UBISOFT®’S ASSASSIN’S CREED® ROGUE

Assassin’s Creed Rogue World Premiere Cinematic Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjSy5kF6io0

London, UK — August 5, 2014 — Today, Ubisoft announced that Assassin’s Creed Rogue, an exciting new installment in the franchise currently in development for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, will be available worldwide on November 11.

Assassin’s Creed Rogue is being developed by Ubisoft Sofia, in collaboration with Ubisoft’s Singapore, Montreal, Quebec, Chengdu, Milan and Bucharest studios. Set in the middle of the 18th century during the Seven Years War, Assassin’s Creed Rogue gives players new locations across North America to explore, including the frozen North Atlantic, the Appalachian River Valley and New York. In Assassin’s Creed Rogue, players experience the Assassin’s Creed universe through the eyes of a Templar. As Shay Patrick Cormac, players suffer the brotherhood’s betrayal and transform into an Assassin hunter.

The acclaimed naval components from previous Assassin’s Creed games have been enhanced in Assassin’s Creed Rogue. The game also gives players new weapons to use on both land and sea in pursuit of taking down the Assassins, including a new ship called the Morrigan.

“We know that there are many Assassin’s Creed fans with Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles who want to get their hands on a new Assassin’s Creed game this year,” says Martin Capel, game director, Ubisoft Sofia. “Assassin’s Creed Rogue completes the North American saga started with Assassin’s Creed III and Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag and gives previous generation console owners an exclusive opportunity to experience fan-requested features, such as playing as a Templar.”

For more information about Assassin’s Creed Rogue please visit the UbiBlog - http://blog.ubi.com/category/assassins-creed/ , follow us on our UK Twitter account - https://twitter.com/Assassins_UK, like our UK Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/assassinscreed.uk and subscribe to our UK Youtube account. https://www.youtube.com/user/assassinscreedUK

A collector’s edition of the game that includes an art-book, three lithographs, the original soundtrack, and two additional single player missions is available now via http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/pd/productID.306636500 as well as at selected retailers.

For more information about Assassin’s Creed, please visit: http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ and for the latest news on Assassin’s Creed collectible merchandise, please visit and like the page www.facebook.com/ubicollectibles

© 2012-2014 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Assassin’s Creed, Black Flag, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.

About Ubisoft
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2013-14 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,007 million. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com<http://www.ubisoftgroup.com/>.

© 2014 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Assassin’s Creed, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.

Skelface
08-05-2014, 05:07 PM
Disappointed by the lack of PC version.

marvelfannumber
08-05-2014, 05:08 PM
What is Comet? :rolleyes:

Mr_Shade
08-05-2014, 05:10 PM
What is Comet? :rolleyes:

indeed… ;)

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 05:13 PM
So, no PC or PS4One versions?

Ugh, how am I going to get this? Even Liberation HD was released on Steam.

Sushiglutton
08-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Disappointed by the lack of PC version.

Indeed... :(

Kind of silly as AC:Rogue is built using AC3/4 assets, so it's kind of allready on PC.

Dev_Anj
08-05-2014, 05:16 PM
I'm going to guess there will be an Assassin's Creed: Rogue HD on PC a few months afterwards.

I'm more interested in Assassin's Creed: Unity anyway.

Locopells
08-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Bound to happen, once sales start to dry up.

Megas_Doux
08-05-2014, 05:23 PM
No PC?
:(

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 05:24 PM
Yea, I'm calling Rogue ACRHD from now on.

ElectroPuff
08-05-2014, 05:31 PM
Is that the only special version of this game shade?! I've got money burning a hole in my pocket here! ��

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 05:31 PM
They changed the name deliberatley! It's a conspiracy I say!

SixKeys
08-05-2014, 05:33 PM
This has all the hallmarks of a rushed game. Reused locations (New York), same time period as the last two games, and no PC version which makes it seem like they didn't have time to port it.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 05:36 PM
The PC version better come. Or I can't play it.

http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Dr.-Who.gif

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 05:39 PM
This has all the hallmarks of a rushed game. Reused locations (New York), same time period as the last two games, and no PC version which makes it seem like they didn't have time to port it.

We knew that the game would be in New York again since the initial rumors, it's a different time period (Seven Years' War), and the no PC version implies to me that they intend to make a "Rogue HD" for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

Dev_Anj
08-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Well, I think the Arctic Atlantic Ocean and the Appalachian River Valley could be interesting. Especially if they experiment with the ship mechanics. I also quite like the Northern Lights and the cold snow all around.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-05-2014, 05:44 PM

Nope not. They already did that with AC3.

And I would be really upset if this turned out to be a very open world game where you just hunt assassins and not much dedicated to the AC storyline O_O

Borshay
08-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Hope it eventual comes to PS4/PC, because I'm not getting Unity until after I play through Rogue.

adventurewomen
08-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Nope not. They already did that with AC3.

And I would be really upset if this turned out to be a very open world game where you just hunt assassins and not much dedicated to the AC storyline O_O
I hope Shay doesn't try to hurt Connor, seeing as Connor is master assassin of the American brotherhood!

I'll be heartbroken if he does..

SixKeys
08-05-2014, 05:49 PM
We knew that the game would be in New York again since the initial rumors, it's a different time period (Seven Years' War), and the no PC version implies to me that they intend to make a "Rogue HD" for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

Liberation HD made sense because the Vita wasn't HD and they had to convert the game to HD when they ported it on PC. Rogue HD makes no sense, since last-gen consoles (and PC) are already capable of HD.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-05-2014, 05:49 PM
I hope Shay doesn't try to hurt Connor, seeing as Connor is master assassin of the American brotherhood!

I'll be heartbroken if he does..

Doubt it because this is happening during the Seven Years War, when Connor was a little boy...

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Shay probably dies, other wise Connor would have killed him.

Also Shay's active in the Seven Years War, in 1754-1763... Connor starts teaching Eseosa in 1804.

So, unless Shay's a particularly spry 80 year old.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Doubt it because this is happening during the Seven Years War, when Connor was a little boy...

I hope Shay happens to walk by kid Connor and absolutely nothing is said. :rolleyes:

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Liberation HD made sense because the Vita wasn't HD and they had to convert the game to HD when they ported it on PC. Rogue HD makes no sense, since last-gen consoles (and PC) are already capable of HD.

Then, Rogue Remastered? Or Whatever?

It'll probably happen at some point.

Mr_Shade
08-05-2014, 05:52 PM
Is that the only special version of this game shade?! I've got money burning a hole in my pocket here! ��

That's all the news we have at the moment.

adventurewomen
08-05-2014, 05:52 PM
OMG yeah! Lol totally missed this is set in the Seven Years War.

Maybe Achilles is in this game it would be a nice tie in from the fact that he was hunted in AC3.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-05-2014, 05:53 PM
I hope Shay happens to walk by kid Connor and absolutely nothing is said. :rolleyes:

Lol.

OMG Imagine if, depending on how long the game will run, Shay will start to create a presence in the colonies, Connor finds out, and

CONNOR'S THE ONE THAT KILLS HIM?!?!?

#maximumhustle

OMG yeah! Lol totally missed this is set in the Seven Years War.

Maybe Achilles is in this game it would be a nice tie in from the fact that he was hunted in AC3.

YES! So we might get to see Achilles' story too :D

SixKeys
08-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Why don't Connor fans just ask Noah Watts on Tumblr or Twitter if Connor is in Rogue? If he gives a straight answer, you'll know. If he dodges the question, there may be hope for you. If he says no and it later turns out he was lying, well, it'll be a pleasant surprise, won't it? At least there wouldn't be a need for all the pointless speculation.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-05-2014, 05:56 PM
Why don't Connor fans just ask Noah Watts on Tumblr or Twitter if Connor is in Rogue? If he gives a straight answer, you'll know. If he dodges the question, there may be hope for you. If he says no and it later turns out he was lying, well, it'll be a pleasant surprise, won't it? At least there wouldn't be a need for all the pointless speculation.

People have, and he's not answering to what I've seen already.

And besides, if he was, I don't think he'd ruin the surprise. I would want to stay surprised. :)

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 05:57 PM
I don't want Connor in rogue though. Hoping Rogue only takes place in the Seven Years War time period.

adventurewomen
08-05-2014, 05:58 PM
YES! So we might get to see Achilles' story too :D
Yeah it would be great if Achilles is in this game, maybe Shay betrayed Achilles then became a Templar out of spite.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 06:02 PM
@humble

unless 5 year old connor kills shay, or 30 year old connor kills an 80 year old shay, it's not gonna happen :p

Connor might make a small cameo at the end akin to haytham in black flag, but that's about it.

Unless there's DLC akin to Freedom Cry but I imagine that would be Haytham DLC TBH

LatinaC09
08-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Mr_Shade, do you happen to know if there will be an NA collectors edition for this game?

Megas_Doux
08-05-2014, 06:18 PM
why don't connor fans just ask noah watts on tumblr or twitter if connor is in rogue? If he gives a straight answer, you'll know. If he dodges the question, there may be hope for you. If he says no and it later turns out he was lying, well, it'll be a pleasant surprise, won't it? At least there wouldn't be a need for all the pointless speculation.

this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adventurewomen
08-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Noah won't tell us, even if he is in Rouge he most likely wouldn't be allowed to break his Non-disclosure agreement.

siralex1986
08-05-2014, 06:25 PM
What??? No PC version?? Just............why??

Really hope we're getting a PC version, it would be the first AC game I lose!

Xstantin
08-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Now I'm not sure whether to wait and see if it is released on PC/current gen later or just buy it in November straightaway :confused:

adventurewomen
08-05-2014, 06:26 PM
What??? No PC version?? Just............why??

Really hope we're getting a PC version, it would be the first AC game I lose!
Give it some time, Liberation has a HD version maybe the same thing will happen with Rouge?

siralex1986
08-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Give it some time, Liberation has a HD version maybe the same thing will happen with Rouge?

Yeah but why not announcing it yet then? I mean, I understand they want PC players to focus on Unity this year, and it makes sense, but they could just say if Rogue it's planned on PC for, let's say, next year!
I think they could have expected PC players reaction to this, so I'm trying to understand their point...

guardian_titan
08-05-2014, 06:38 PM
I'm torn on this one. A Haytham cameo would be nice which would explain his missing years from the Forsaken novel (roughly 1758-1770) ... but no PC version. Boo. I have a PS3 and an Xbox 360, but they're more my brother's than mine (despite the fact that I bought them). I'm a PC gamer and intend to stay that way.

Do find it rather funny that I had a theory regarding the destruction of the Assassins although I didn't connect it back to Shay. Begs the question what happens to him at the end of the game. Since the game connects to Unity, Shay likely has some link to Arno as well as the Kenways. Haytham's the obvious and only real possible link to the Kenways. Arno's the question. This kind of reminds me of a mystery ... only Ubisoft's not playing fair. A mystery introduces all of the culprits for a crime in that story, not some story after the fact. Shay wasn't mentioned at all in AC3 and he might be the one that caused the downfall of the Assassins? That wasn't a fair mystery. :rolleyes: Makes me think Shay's story was an afterthought and made up to fill a plot hole while being able to reuse existing assets for a last gen game.

Given Ubisoft Sofia made this game like Liberation and Liberation came out on PC a little over a year after it was released on Vita, Rogue could come out on PC. Frankly, I already got burned by Liberation when I bought a Vita just to play it. Fool me once. :mad: I'm not falling for that again. I'll either wait for the PC version or I won't be getting it at all. And that also means holding off on Unity until that happens ... if I even want to buy Unity. I'm still not convinced by anything related to that game that makes it worth my time or money.

aL_____eX
08-05-2014, 06:39 PM
TLoU Remastered also was not planned.

I believe they are going to wait until Rogue doesn't sell anymore (because most people already played it or changed to next-gen consoles) and then bring out a Remastered version for everyone who wants to play it again or hasn't played it yet.

This kind of reminds me of a mystery ... only Ubisoft's not playing fair. A mystery introduces all of the culprits for a crime in that story, not some story after the fact. Shay wasn't mentioned at all in AC3 and he might be the one that caused the downfall of the Assassins? That wasn't a fair mystery. Makes me think Shay's story was an afterthought and made up to fill a plot hole while being able to reuse existing assets for a last gen game.

THIS. Biggest point of criticism for me. Ubisoft just can't invent some new story and characters which play between ACIII and Black Flag without mentioning anything of it only to connect different titles/stories afterwards.

How on earth has Connor never heard of Shay and there's no indication of this guy in ACIII?

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Maybe Shay could meet connor technically. If shay was Haythams' age I mean.

But there'd have to be a reason he never met Connor in AC3

maybe he didnt catch word that new assassins rose in the colonies until it was too late.

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 07:04 PM
the reason is probably because Achilles killed Shay

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 07:06 PM
If I recall correctly the templars cornered Achilles but decided to spare him since he was crippled and was the last assassin.

So unless achilles killed him before hand, I don't see it.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-05-2014, 07:10 PM
If I recall correctly the templars cornered Achilles but decided to spare him since he was crippled and was the last assassin.

So unless achilles killed him before hand, I don't see it.

Almost spot on:

By 1763, the Assassins were decimated to all but himself, during the aftermath of the French and Indian War. Due to this, the Templar Order grew more powerful and was able to capture the defeated Achilles. However, confident that he was no longer a threat, the Templars decided to show mercy, and allowed Achilles to live if he resigned his role as an Assassin. Following this, Achilles went into exile in the wilderness of the Frontier, residing alone at the Davenport Manor for the next six years.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Achilles_Davenport

GunnerGalactico
08-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Some of it was also stated in Forsaken.

marvelfannumber
08-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Well maybe before that Shay and Achilles have an awesome last man standing battle where Shay is killed, and Shay crippled Achilles? That's my theory anyway.

Ureh
08-05-2014, 09:34 PM
Well maybe before that Shay and Achilles have an awesome last man standing battle where Shay is killed, and Shay crippled Achilles? That's my theory anyway.

Maybe in the end Shay will have have a change of heart and realise that he should've stayed with the Assassins. So he decides to save Achilles life by crippling him instead. Cause he knew if Achilles was able to fight back he would've been killed, know what I mean?!

Hans684
08-05-2014, 10:25 PM
this has all the hallmarks of a rushed game. Reused locations (new york), same time period as the last two games, and no pc version which makes it seem like they didn't have time to port it.

acb.

wvstolzing
08-05-2014, 11:11 PM
Maybe in the end Shay will have have a change of heart!

I can see that work as a 'secret true ending', like the one in Liberation.

Rogue will likely be an 'Abstergo Entertainment' game as well; so it'll be Templar propoganda throughout.

So, there could still be Erudito hacks to show 'the (more assassin-friendly) truth' through the propoganda.

GnomerPile
08-05-2014, 11:40 PM
Ya I dont think that will ever happen. Ubisoft already kicked N/A in the nads with another crappy limited edition (very limited and worthless) of AC4 unity. This game is another way to keep kicking us while we are down. Ive learned that ubisoft will never cater to NA

Mr_Shade, do you happen to know if there will be an NA collectors edition for this game?

ze_topazio
08-05-2014, 11:45 PM
TLoU Remastered also was not planned.

I believe they are going to wait until Rogue doesn't sell anymore (because most people already played it or changed to next-gen consoles) and then bring out a Remastered version for everyone who wants to play it again or hasn't played it yet.

THIS. Biggest point of criticism for me. Ubisoft just can't invent some new story and characters which play between ACIII and Black Flag without mentioning anything of it only to connect different titles/stories afterwards.

How on earth has Connor never heard of Shay and there's no indication of this guy in ACIII?

Same reason Ezio did not bother remembering Claudia marrying and having children, or how he blocked everything dealing with Cristina, or how the animus skipped Ezio's travels in Spain entirely when Desmond was using the animus, Connor might have heard about Shay but he didn't consider it important enough and so the animus skipped it, maybe Shay wasn't around during the time we play with Haytham or maybe they simply didn't cross paths, like the multiplayer characters, they are supposed to be canon, they are around the same areas we visit and rarely do we encounter one in the main story.

SixKeys
08-05-2014, 11:46 PM
acb.

Yes, ACB was rushed too. Not denying that at all. It did bring us multiplayer and had a PC release though, which seems to be more than Rogue has to offer.

LatinaC09
08-06-2014, 02:43 AM
Ya I dont think that will ever happen. Ubisoft already kicked N/A in the nads with another crappy limited edition (very limited and worthless) of AC4 unity. This game is another way to keep kicking us while we are down. Ive learned that ubisoft will never cater to NA

I know it's true :( but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Ureh
08-06-2014, 03:07 AM
I know it's true :( but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Here's hoping it's not like ACR. But if all they give us is a "signature edition" then hopefully it has some sort of bonus soundtrack, b-t-s stuff, and poster map (anything that can be jammed inside the game case).

travilanche
08-06-2014, 05:40 AM
I am not super excited about playing as a Templar and killing Assassins.

nuggetgamer52
08-07-2014, 04:02 AM
Really hope this comes to PS4 as well eventually, since i had to sell my last gen console to help buy my PS4

SHADOWGARVIN
08-07-2014, 12:56 PM
Really hope this comes to PS4 as well eventually, since i had to sell my last gen console to help buy my PS4

Welcome to the forums There already is a thread about this subject. I think it will come to ps4 and pc within a year, maybe 6 months.

AherasSTRG
08-08-2014, 12:30 PM
No PC version for no reason...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ErIHFtEZHhA/UB5ojUXSNaI/AAAAAAAACGU/eA0wS0AhEyA/s1600/crying-indian.gif

max_rocker
08-08-2014, 06:07 PM
ok Assassin creed : rogue ...... for xbox 360 and all is fine.........my main question is that whether its gonna follow the same gameplay mechanics as AC:unity ........ or its gonna be same as AC:4......... Please reply....damn curious about this one....!!!! :D

SHADOWGARVIN
08-08-2014, 06:53 PM
It most likely will have the same gameplay mechanics as AC4.

AherasSTRG
08-08-2014, 07:22 PM
I would say definitely the same gameplay mechanics.

TMS-GAMERS
08-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Are ِAdwale (from ac4) will be available in the Game ?

Jexx21
08-09-2014, 01:56 AM
maybe, we might end up killing him

AherasSTRG
08-09-2014, 09:14 AM
maybe, we might end up killing him

That would be soooo dark...

CSGC1EVER
08-09-2014, 10:26 AM
I am sorry if I sound like a naysayer to this game but I am sure that plenty of other gamers out there will agree that the game should not take a tun in that direction. Honestly it was an ok decision to go with the whole rouge thing but not with an assassin. Honestly what would have made it a good game is if you had made a Templar go rouge and train with the assassins but be torn by the allegiances that he has. it would have made for a more interesting experience and even more thrilling ride. Don't let my words discourage you. I am only trying to state my opinion. If anyone agrees and has the same feelings or disagrees I would like to hear it.

CSGC1EVER
08-09-2014, 10:34 AM
The PC version better come. Or I can't play it.

http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Dr.-Who.gif

Agreed.

HoIcon
08-09-2014, 05:17 PM
I am sorry if I sound like a naysayer to this game but I am sure that plenty of other gamers out there will agree that the game should not take a tun in that direction. Honestly it was an ok decision to go with the whole rouge thing but not with an assassin. Honestly what would have made it a good game is if you had made a Templar go rouge and train with the assassins but be torn by the allegiances that he has. it would have made for a more interesting experience and even more thrilling ride. Don't let my words discourage you. I am only trying to state my opinion. If anyone agrees and has the same feelings or disagrees I would like to hear it.

A Templar turned Assassin eh
cough cough Edward Kenway cough cough

but i know what you mean, you want someone who believes in their ideals and for whatever reason gets betrayed by his brothers, maybe ambushed and left for dead because he was next in line to be Grand Master and not everyone liked that, so maybe an Assassin or retired Assassin finds him and nurses him back to full health over the course of several months without either of them knowing about their previous allegiances, they become friends, at some point they find out about eachothers allegiances but instead of fighting they talk about their beliefs and that leads to the assassin eventually telling him that a new Templar Grand Master had been chosen, you realise the new grand master was part of the group that almost killed you and that you can't return to the order while the people who plotted against you are still there, so the Assassin makes a deal with you because the new Templar grand master is more of a problem to the brotherhood than the last, work with the brotherhood under the guise of an assassin, kill those who wronged you and return to the Order to take your place as Grand Master and maybe that can lead to an attempt at cooperation with the brotherhood for the betterment of humanity or maybe he will just eventually find his place in the brotherhood and ultimately destroy that branch of the Templar Order or become Templar Grand Master but come to a realisation that the order and the brotherhood could never cooperate and the final memory could be an emotional battle to the death with your Assassin friend

or something like that

Xstantin
08-09-2014, 07:06 PM
A Templar turned Assassin eh
cough cough Edward Kenway cough cough

Did I miss something in Black Flag?

AherasSTRG
08-10-2014, 01:07 AM
Did I miss something in Black Flag?

Well, technically, he was a Templar... for a day...

Hans684
08-10-2014, 08:12 AM

Under the name Duncan Walpole and playing as an former Assassin.

CSGC1EVER
08-10-2014, 08:20 AM

Yes. But what I meant was a full on Templar becomes an assassin for better ( or worse ) and not for a short time.
It may be very controversial but I think that a previously power hungry Templar experiences a change of heart when he realizes some of his men are plotting to kill him. The cause for the change itself is because the attempted murder fails and he is found somewhere that he has never been before and has to rely on himself and a fallen Assassin ( cue the rouge assassin.) both have conflicting viewpoints but listen and learn from each other to better each other and find out why they had the changes of heart and mind. Right now all I am doing is spit-balling an idea. beings I know that Assassins Creed Rouge is going to come out and there is no changing it. There may be a way to go with an entire rouge creed that is a combination of both Templars and Assassins. It would be an interesting take on a tense collaboration between two powerhouses in their game that don't like each other but have to work together because they either need or have too. I don't know. Just ideas. tell me if anyone agrees or disagrees or even wants to add too or change what i said.

AherasSTRG
08-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Yes. But what I meant was a full on Templar becomes an assassin for better ( or worse ) and not for a short time.
It may be very controversial but I think that a previously power hungry Templar experiences a change of heart when he realizes some of his men are plotting to kill him. The cause for the change itself is because the attempted murder fails and he is found somewhere that he has never been before and has to rely on himself and a fallen Assassin ( cue the rouge assassin.) both have conflicting viewpoints but listen and learn from each other to better each other and find out why they had the changes of heart and mind. Right now all I am doing is spit-balling an idea. beings I know that Assassins Creed Rouge is going to come out and there is no changing it. There may be a way to go with an entire rouge creed that is a combination of both Templars and Assassins. It would be an interesting take on a tense collaboration between two powerhouses in their game that don't like each other but have to work together because they either need or have too. I don't know. Just ideas. tell me if anyone agrees or disagrees or even wants to add too or change what i said.

Well, yeah, but this a wholly different story than what we have in Rogue. People have been asking for a game with a Templar protagonist since early 2013, everyone proposing stupid names, like Templar's Greed and others like that. So, Ubisoft decided to listen to them and bring out such a game. Personally, the concept of an Assassin Hunter really intrigues me. Shay really reminds me of Anakin Skywalker and the potential of relieving the story of Darth Vader in Assassin's Creed terms really excites me.

You shouldn't worry, however, this franchise is here to stay, so at some point, they are going to make a Templar go Assassin. Maybe not create his own Creed as you say, but there is definitely going to be one along the years this franchise will stay alive.

LeafStorm11
08-13-2014, 06:43 AM
So Ubisoft, I was just wondering why there are penguins North of The Arctic Circlehttp://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/assassins-creed/ac/ACRO_NorthernLight_in_Sapphire_Embargo_AUG5_9AM_PD T_1920_163336.jpg

JustPlainQuirky
08-13-2014, 07:34 AM
They're not penguins.

Theyre extinct animals that look like penguins.

Ureh
08-13-2014, 05:54 PM
@LeafStorm11

They're next to a shipwreck so they must've been stowed away on the ship. The Arctic is a strange place to them, full of danger, so they decided to stay close to the ship and make it their nesting grounds.

AherasSTRG
08-13-2014, 06:05 PM
As Mayrice says, they are an extinct species called Great Auk.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4e/Great_Auk_%28Pinguinis_impennis%29_specimen%2C_Kel vingrove%2C_Glasgow_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1108249.jpg/399px-Great_Auk_%28Pinguinis_impennis%29_specimen%2C_Kel vingrove%2C_Glasgow_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1108249.jpg

There haven't been any confirmed sightings of the bird since 1852.

Derp63
09-04-2014, 09:09 PM
l:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:: cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cooll:ht tps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUd481eS123YG0OjFLhPFbeZNZpswCv vIBajrCEHWJcQEzsTqZOg

BloodHerritage
09-08-2014, 01:53 AM
What if Shay was Achilis mentor and then swaped to Templar side and didn't kill achilis cause godizio prevented him.

TallOne123
09-08-2014, 03:40 AM
Just marathoned through AC I & II and have to say at this point, I am way too invested in the Assassins to just turn my back on them, much less slay them

CoachAssassin
09-08-2014, 07:10 AM
Just marathoned through AC I & II and have to say at this point, I am way too invested in the Assassins to just turn my back on them, much less slay them

Once you've played all of them, try looking at it from the other side though. Especially AC3 will allow you to do this ;)!

Claudio2d
10-14-2014, 02:50 AM
Hello, does anyone have information whether there will be a book of the game Rogue?
best

Mr_Shade
10-14-2014, 10:13 AM
Hello, does anyone have information whether there will be a book of the game Rogue?
best

Hi, do you mean as in a game guide?

if so: http://www.primagames.com/games/assassins-creed-rogue - watch for details ;)

Alphacos007
10-14-2014, 02:52 PM
I believe he meant a real book, written by Oliver Bowden, like we currently have from AC1 to AC3 I believe, not sure if the AC4 one was already released.

The_Kiwi_
10-16-2014, 04:13 AM
I believe he meant a real book, written by Oliver Bowden, like we currently have from AC1 to AC3 I believe, not sure if the AC4 one was already released.

http://www.buymebook.com/assets/cover/9780718193751.jpg

The AC4 book was released with the game
I'm hoping Rogue will have a book

Shinzokage
11-14-2014, 09:52 PM
So Ubisoft, I was just wondering why there are penguins North of The Arctic Circlehttp://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/assassins-creed/ac/ACRO_NorthernLight_in_Sapphire_Embargo_AUG5_9AM_PD T_1920_163336.jpg

They were on their way to Madagascar & got shipwrecked.

Anywho, so far I'm loving Rogue, despite a few random glitches & Initiates/Uplay not working. Hating the stalkers though lol, too creepy for me :eek: :rolleyes:

MisterChonchu
11-15-2014, 06:35 AM
I have a question for you guys... I did not played AC 4 yet for my friend bought ir for his ps4 and i decided to wait till i have my ps4 to borrow it. But rogue was announced and i get excited to play it in my ps3. I played the intro and was good But when i got out the animus there was People talking about a virus and etc... Then i realized , can i have a good experience playing it without knowing the story of edward kenway? The memory parts and the outside of animus have elements that i Will not comprehend by not playing Black Flag, a least for now? I am so excited and still aprehensive about this... :( give me some light my brothers...

shreqlec
11-15-2014, 07:48 PM
I have a question for you guys... I did not played AC 4 yet for my friend bought ir for his ps4 and i decided to wait till i have my ps4 to borrow it. But rogue was announced and i get excited to play it in my ps3. I played the intro and was good But when i got out the animus there was People talking about a virus and etc... Then i realized , can i have a good experience playing it without knowing the story of edward kenway? The memory parts and the outside of animus have elements that i Will not comprehend by not playing Black Flag, a least for now? I am so excited and still aprehensive about this... :( give me some light my brothers...

You can play Rogue without playing AC4. For the story part Rogue is more connected with AC3 than 4. The story takes place a couple years before AC3 starts, and there are only minor references to AC4. As for the part outside of the Animus, the setting and premises are the same as in AC4, but you will get the hang of it after a minute, because as you progress outside the Animus, you will have the story in AC4 explained, so don't worry...

MisterChonchu
11-16-2014, 04:03 AM
Thank you man! This really gives me some peace... :D
Now let's play!!!!

Number_Six_1967
11-18-2014, 04:44 PM
So, I just finished the game (I won't spoil anything, obviously) and I have to say that yeah, it was decent. It obviously doesn't have the same effect AC4 had in following AC3 given that it is indeed Blag Flag Part II (mechanically more so than story) so anyone looking to Rogue as an example of where the series is up to right now should probably look more towards Unity for a clearer view. I haven't played Unity yet so I can't commit to knowing anything. Storywise, this was a very good entry if not a little too short. I enjoyed loose ends being tied up and some of the prophesying that went on was also interesting. I have to say that again the present day story was intriguing (I loved this part of AC4) and I enjoyed the new characters that were introduced therein. I advise you all to unlock the story files for some juicy character profiles. Some of the downsides relate to the brevity of the tale. There's nothing wrong with the exposition at all, it's just that in being set in such a vast world the game gives you very little impetus to explore the seas given its preference for localising the advancement of the story to only certain areas. In saying that, being handheld in previous entries was always a slight pain so this game eradicates that outright. I can see why Unity has perhaps returned to a straight up You In The City style. The collectables and suchlike are there for the hardcore/extra interested as are many of the unexplored terrains. Whereas Blag Flag gave you a reason to go here, there and everywhere, Rogue doesn't. The ship mechanics are on their third outing and are now started to feel a little dragged out. I doubt there's a better game series at emulating and creating fun and exciting ship battles, however, so that's still a plus.

+
Shay's tale.
Varied game modes.
The story connections, both in terms of present day/past - time to kick on now, Ubi...we want answers!
Nice nods to previous entries in the series/familiar faces.
The return of some of the older Ezio-style missions (you better run!).
The music, although somewhat underplayed, is as savvy as ever.
The setting is still lush and vibrant.

-
The story is short (but sweet).
No drive to explore the world unless you're a die hard (which I imagine you are if you've bought Rogue anyway).
Some of the voice acting makes you wonder how much 'Irish Coffee' had been drunk the day of recording.
The monetary system is a bit too generous

Now...again without spoiling anything...does anyone else who's finished the game want to see a showdown between the obvious candidates? C'mon, I want to see what kind of 'messy way' *secret* met their end!

Moribundman
12-15-2014, 06:46 PM
Sooooooo when will Rogue inevitably be released on current gen? I know Ubisoft wanted everyone focusing on Unity for now, but... Maybe "Rogue will be releasing on PS4 and Xbox One in May 2015" would make people even happier right now?

Mr_Stunner
12-15-2014, 09:12 PM
Sooooooo when will Rogue inevitably be released on current gen? I know Ubisoft wanted everyone focusing on Unity for now, but... Maybe "Rogue will be releasing on PS4 and Xbox One in May 2015" would make people even happier right now?

This! A lot of us who have Unity don't feel like investing on our old gen console anymore...

phoenix-force411
12-21-2014, 02:21 PM
It was specifically for last-gen and PC, and so, I doubt it will be seen on current-gen.

The_Kiwi_
12-21-2014, 07:51 PM
It was specifically for last-gen and PC, and so, I doubt it will be seen on current-gen.

Agreed.