PDA

View Full Version : What should the last entry of the franchise be like?

Morankurai
08-05-2014, 03:19 PM
The Assassin's Creed franchise is successful as ever and manages to deliver a vast amount of fresh content each year, so it seems that we should expect new games coming out the next years aswell. So even if the last entry to the franchise is still years in the future from now, what do you imagine it to be, and what do you want it to be?

What historical setting and time period would in your opinion deliver a good close to the franchise? What character(s) do you want? What gameplay special features should come with it? Or would you maybe even want a character we already know and played as?

Do you want the modern-day story to survive until the very last entry, or rather to be dropped at some point and only have the historical part? (Or, to state the opposite, maybe even the opposite and have an entry that's taking place entirely in a modern-day city to bring a close?) And if there really is a modern-day part, what should it deliver? An end to the supposedly eternal Assassins vs Templars twist? Or an end to the First Civilisation- and Juno-subplot? 3rd person modern day gameplay like in AC:III or rather keep it in a story-driven 1st perspective view of the events like in AC:IV?

I'd be interested in what you imagine or want the close to the franchise and to the well-known plots to be like. I hope I might cover a topic here that hasn't been discussed so frequently yet.

JustPlainQuirky
08-05-2014, 03:21 PM
>Last Entry
>implying it will ever end

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma8nccGkrl1rfduvxo1_400.gif

jeordievera
08-05-2014, 03:26 PM
As long as Earth is spinning there will be no end to AC...

Aphex_Tim
08-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Zombie Ezio and Zombie Connor fighting each other with hidden lightsabers while riding cyborg T-rexes that can shoot lasers out of their b***holes.

RinoTheBouncer
08-05-2014, 03:34 PM
Something that takes place majorly during the times of the First Civilization, historically and Modern Day in 3rd person with a real battle, hear-shattering moments and speeches and theatrical cutscenes and of course a fair share of twists that would make our eyes role in addition to some throwbacks to our classic heroes from ACI to whatever the number of the last entry is. Whether the ending is happy, sad or confusing, I want it to be big and epic and something that will make us remember the franchise forever in a very positive way.

SixKeys
08-05-2014, 03:34 PM
Three things in the universe are certain - death, taxes and Assassin's Creed sequels.

Xangr8
08-05-2014, 03:36 PM
As long as Earth is spinning there will be no end to AC...
You just said my thoughts xD

SHADOWGARVIN
08-05-2014, 03:36 PM
It will never end!

SlyTrooper
08-05-2014, 03:42 PM
>Last Entry
>implying it will ever end

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma8nccGkrl1rfduvxo1_400.gif

My thoughts exactly. When have we seen a franchise with so many entries end? This is a genuine question to everyone; name me one.

Morankurai
08-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Okay, so most of you believe it'll go on forever, or at least as long as we are capable of thinking forward. I can't spoil you that; I myself believe (as I stated in my post) that I think it'll go on for many more sequels and years. (And I really like that beause it's one of my favorite game franchises since some years.)

But doesn't it still have to end at some point, considering it realistically, even if it's in the year 2030 or 2014? Even if we want it to go forever, don't we have to consider the possibility of it ending at some point? (And yeah I know that some of you might want to answer with "No... it doesn't have to end at all...";))

Jexx21
08-05-2014, 07:06 PM
My thoughts exactly. When have we seen a franchise with so many entries end? This is a genuine question to everyone; name me one.
Jaws

Fatal-Feit
08-05-2014, 07:13 PM
It will end with a spin-off for a new franchise starring the Templar themselves.

Aphex_Tim
08-05-2014, 07:15 PM
It will end with a spin-off for a new franchise starring the Templar themselves.

It has already started.. :eek:
THE END IN NIGH!

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-05-2014, 07:21 PM
1. Juno will finish everyone off.

2. The Templars win

3. The Assassins win

4. The series will never end

:p

jayjay275
08-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Machiavelli battles it out with La Volpe.

MnemonicSyntax
08-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Jaws

That's ridiculous, Jaws 19 is slated for next year!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nxsmuie8y4

LoyalACFan
08-05-2014, 07:50 PM
It will most likely never get a proper finale, it will eventually just fizzle out like all major game series do. I hope that day is far off yet, but I think popular opinion is starting to shift against the series just like COD before it. The quality is still good, but you can only sell people so much of something before they stop wanting it.

Sesheenku
08-06-2014, 12:02 AM
It will most likely never get a proper finale, it will eventually just fizzle out like all major game series do. I hope that day is far off yet, but I think popular opinion is starting to shift against the series just like COD before it. The quality is still good, but you can only sell people so much of something before they stop wanting it.

If Unity ends up being their best AC yet, I say they should take the exact systems, improve them and transfer them to a Chinese AC.

The Chinese are among the oldest of the brotherhood, they likely have interesting records of the orders history and origin that could be retrieved.

Then they should end it.

The series needs to end on a high note though, whatever they do with the end, they need to be sure that we'll enjoy it and that it will be interesting, fresh, and lengthy enough to leave a proper lasting impression without dragging on.

Up till now though I have not seem them truly put forth the full effort in every mechanic and feature. Perhaps Unity will be the first where they show that they are capable of creating something truly amazing and not just fairly good or great.

jamgamerforever
08-06-2014, 12:06 AM
Perhaps the last game could go back to the Crusades, but with all the added tech, cinematography and varied mission structure.

Sesheenku
08-06-2014, 12:10 AM
Perhaps the last game could go back to the Crusades, but with all the added tech, cinematography and varied mission structure.

Dunno, I'd probably just end up disappointed they didn't remake AC1 with the new engine and give Altair a crossbow like in the first vids.

I feel the last entry should be entirely fresh in setting.

marvelfannumber
08-06-2014, 12:16 AM
I've talked about this with a friend of mine before an I am quite sure this is how it's gonna go.

I have a feiling the last game is gonna be in Feudal Japan. I mean it would make sense, once the series stops making money they'll come out with that Feudal Japan game everyone and their dog has been asking for and they will make loads of moneys.

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 12:17 AM
This game wont end. It will be churned until it dies :)

projectpat06
08-06-2014, 12:33 AM
It won't end, just evolve. I think the franchise will eventually adapt more MMO features but in a way that is similar to destiny where you only play with a certain amount of players at a time. I think the world will only continue to expand in size and detail. I also think we'll go back further in time or possibly be able to explore multiple time periods in the same game. Imagine being able to explore the vast majority of england over the course of different highly significant time periods.

I don't think the franchise will ever end any time soon because of the unique lore it created. Similar to how comic book series that started decades ago, Assassin's Creed will only continue to evolve even if it means re-exploring old settings or characters. It's rare to create something this unique, but Patrice and the original team managed to pull it off.

LoyalACFan
08-06-2014, 12:41 AM
I'd honestly be OK with them rebooting the series instead of ending it. I'd like to see the old settings/characters revisited. Make standalone games that cover Altair and Ezio's entire lives (I'm deliberately leaving Connor out of this for now as I'm holding out hope for a sequel, don't have a heart attack Connor fans).

projectpat06
08-06-2014, 12:49 AM
I'd honestly be OK with them rebooting the series instead of ending it. I'd like to see the old settings/characters revisited. Make standalone games that cover Altair and Ezio's entire lives (I'm deliberately leaving Connor out of this for now as I'm holding out hope for a sequel, don't have a heart attack Connor fans).

Imagine Florence, Venice, and Rome with the same technology and mechanics as Unity. I wouldn't care if they retcon parts of the story.

Sesheenku
08-06-2014, 12:51 AM

That'd be nice, proper remakes, not that HD crap.

LoyalACFan
08-06-2014, 12:53 AM
Imagine Florence, Venice, and Rome with the same technology and mechanics as Unity. I wouldn't care if they retcon parts of the story.

Me neither; in fact, I'd like certain parts of the story to be changed. Keeps us guessing that way ;)

And I would pay ungodly sums to see Ezio's hang-gliding carriage chase retconned out of existence

That'd be nice, proper remakes, not that HD crap.

Well they technically already are in HD. But yeah, I'm talking about a total reboot, not some reskinned up-res BS.

Sesheenku
08-06-2014, 12:57 AM
Well they technically already are in HD. But yeah, I'm talking about a total reboot, not some reskinned up-res BS.

True but I meant more the idea of those types of "remakes", hell they don't even remake the textures in any of those games to be double their old resolution they just allow the game to support 720 or 1080 and then give it a bit of a clean up.

Inexcusable imo, if you remake a game the LEAST you can do graphically is redo every texture and make it double its previous resolution.

Either that or allow players to mod it so they can pick up your pitiful slack.

pacmanate
08-06-2014, 12:58 AM

With new VA's :O

LoyalACFan
08-06-2014, 01:13 AM
With new VA's :O

Only for Altair ;)

jayjay275
08-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Oh god, that would be amazing. They should get another development studio to do that whilst they develop their last AC game for 5 years. That would be amazing.