PDA

View Full Version : AC1 lags on gtx 660

Crazybone992
08-04-2014, 04:39 PM
I have a strange problem with multisampling. I maxed it out and it ran at steady 60 fps with 1920x1080 resolution. But when I disabled v-sync to see if there's any difference in performance. After I restarted the game, it started to lag and I get only 20 fps and the only way to get 60 fps again is to disable multisampling:mad: Just wtf is this crap? GTX 660 and i7 can't run AC 1 when multisampling is set to 3/3!

BlastThyName
08-04-2014, 06:05 PM
Multisampling 1 = 2xMSAA
Multisampling 2 = 4xMSAA
Multisampling 3 isn't a valid command.

There is your answer.

Crazybone992
08-04-2014, 08:15 PM
I know. I meant it shows as 3/3 in the graphics menu. The game looks really jaggy without it. I have no idea how to make multisampling work again :(

Crazybone992
08-05-2014, 01:55 PM
The problem seems to be v-sync. For some reason I cannot use V-sync and multisampling at the same time, despite I have a high end pc. It used to work before which makes this problem even more annoying.

playlisting
08-05-2014, 11:23 PM
The problem seems to be v-sync. For some reason I cannot use V-sync and multisampling at the same time, despite I have a high end pc. It used to work before which makes this problem even more annoying.

Do you have V-Sync enabled in-game? If so, disable it, and enable it in the NVIDIA Control Panel. Then, set multi-sampling to max in-game and see how it looks/runs.

Also - do you have the game on Steam?

Let me know how it goes :)

Crazybone992
08-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Do you have V-Sync enabled in-game? If so, disable it, and enable it in the NVIDIA Control Panel. Then, set multi-sampling to max in-game and see how it looks/runs.

Also - do you have the game on Steam?

Let me know how it goes :)

Unfortunately it lags even when forcing V-sync through Nvidia Control Panel. It's just impossible to use any kind of V-sync with multisampling. I discovered that it runs perfectly with V-sync in dx9 mode though :confused: However, I don't like playing in dx9 'cause it has an impact on visual quality. So I'll just have to use adaptive V-sync. For some reason it doesn't make the game stutter like normal V-sync does.

I have the retail disc version

Crazybone992
08-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Would be nice to know what causes the stuttering. In game V-sync worked perfectly with multisampling when I first installed the game. Problem started after I did some fps testing with in game V-sync and restarted the game. After restarting, the game began to stutter.

playlisting
08-06-2014, 11:40 PM
Unfortunately it lags even when forcing V-sync through Nvidia Control Panel. It's just impossible to use any kind of V-sync with multisampling. I discovered that it runs perfectly with V-sync in dx9 mode though :confused: However, I don't like playing in dx9 'cause it has an impact on visual quality. So I'll just have to use adaptive V-sync. For some reason it doesn't make the game stutter like normal V-sync does.

I have the retail disc version

So long as the in-game V-Sync is working, just use that, and disable it in the control panel. Disable multi-sampling completely in-game, and force 16x AA through the NCP.

I think it's also possible to use an SMAA injector, but I'm not sure as I've never looked into it.

Also - if you put the disc in, does it say something along the lines of 'repair installation'? It's essentially the same thing as verifying your files. If it doesn't, back up your saves, and reinstall the game. Then you'll be working with fresh files and you'll know nothing's corrupted. Plus, make sure the latest patch is installed.

YazX_
08-07-2014, 12:11 AM
try to use D3DOverrider (free AWESOME software) to force V-Sync and triple buffering and see how it goes.

Crazybone992
08-10-2014, 12:26 PM
So long as the in-game V-Sync is working, just use that, and disable it in the control panel. Disable multi-sampling completely in-game, and force 16x AA through the NCP.

I think it's also possible to use an SMAA injector, but I'm not sure as I've never looked into it.

Also - if you put the disc in, does it say something along the lines of 'repair installation'? It's essentially the same thing as verifying your files. If it doesn't, back up your saves, and reinstall the game. Then you'll be working with fresh files and you'll know nothing's corrupted. Plus, make sure the latest patch is installed.

There's no "repair installation" option in the disc. As for the patch, I can't install it because I'm not sure which version I should use. I don't live in the us nor in the uk and installing the wrong version can prevent the game from launching. This happened to me with another game once. Oh and I forgot to mention that my game isn't the original disc release. It says "Ubisoft Exclusive" on the box.

playlisting
08-10-2014, 10:04 PM
There's no "repair installation" option in the disc. As for the patch, I can't install it because I'm not sure which version I should use. I don't live in the us nor in the uk and installing the wrong version can prevent the game from launching. This happened to me with another game once. Oh and I forgot to mention that my game isn't the original disc release. It says "Ubisoft Exclusive" on the box.

Try reinstalling the game after backing up your saves.